Zach Randolph Trade Rumor

Pricey

Rotation player
man i like the trade if its Gordon and Gooden, not Hinrich.
We got a PG this year in Marbury who will go alright in D'Antoni's system.
Gordon can shoot and Gooden is handy in the paint and can play defence unlike Zach.
With Gordon it also allows us to possibly get rid of Jamal Chuckford or Jamal can come of the bench for 10-15mins a match.

Paul1355

All Star
if money didnt matter i'd pick hinrich over gordon becuase he's a pg with good court vision and passing skills but money is important and his salary is over 11 mil and not ending untill 2012 so he's out of the question but gordon's contract is small at only over 4 mil and drew gooden is over 6 but in 30 minutes he averaged 12 points and 8.6 points per game...dont be surprised that Lee is involved in this trade..gooden is a replacement for Lee not as good of a rebounder but a solid bench replacement. If Lee is not traded then that would obviously be better becuase we lose Zach and Lee can possibly start with Gooden playing backup PF and C which he's played many times. i like the move and it also means that if gordon gets good we can dump crawford as well...always possibilities...walsh has a master plan i know it he knows the pressure he gonna try to make the best moves possible to free up space and have a solid team.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Look Donnie needs to realize if he has a chance to move Zach then do it, and don't think twice about it! Honestly if they give us Drew and Hinrich, then that is fine by me. Hinrich is a player with trade value! He was the PG for the Bulls each time they have made the playoffs in the Post Mike era, someone will want him! Look if Mike wants been so bad wait till next season when he is a free agent and make a bid for him then! Not to mention what's really the difference between Nate and Gordon? Seriously from studying the leagues salaries, there are not too many players I would not move Zach for. The funny thing is Isiah nearly made a deal for the only player who has a more unmovable contract (Vince Carter). But please I just want to wake up and see this trade posted on this site, or on the bottom of the Sports Center screen.

I dont think Mike Dantoni wants Gordon it's just that Ben and Drew have two expiring contracts so the deal would put us at 42 million in cap next season which is around 14 million under. But again we can easily pawn Hinrich off to a team who needs a PG for an expiring contract.

Too bad Paxon is too smart to take back Jamal

Rose
Crawford
Deng
Randolph
Thomas

Not bad, probably a number four in the East if Del Negro is any good as a coach.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Not going to happen!

No truth to this deal. I have checked all the sites that would have had this trade, and this looks like last years Ron Artest to NY rumor. I didn't think Paxon would move on this deal even if it included Hinrich. Well back to the drawing board.

NYKnicks15

Starter
according to sources this rumor.. is true. paxson has been a fan of randolph and tried heavily to acquire him last year from the blazers. the knicks would rather have gordon and dont look for walsh to budge. because of his contract and one side game the knicks look to take gordon who can play both the 1 and 2 position especially in the d'antoni system. marbury would be waived shortly after and the guard rotation would consist of robinsin, gordon and crawford.

this deal has a very good chance of going down and if lee is involved or maybe a balkman the deal has an even quicker possbility of going down.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
according to sources this rumor.. is true. paxson has been a fan of randolph and tried heavily to acquire him last year from the blazers. the knicks would rather have gordon and dont look for walsh to budge. because of his contract and one side game the knicks look to take gordon who can play both the 1 and 2 position especially in the d'antoni system. marbury would be waived shortly after and the guard rotation would consist of robinsin, gordon and crawford.

this deal has a very good chance of going down and if lee is involved or maybe a balkman the deal has an even quicker possbility of going down.

I'm very excited for some major shake-up in our roster. A fresh start is definitely what we need. At the same time, I'd still try to make a move right now to get another 1st rounder in next year's draft.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Hinrich wouldn't be a bad deal. Although he has a huge contract, it could lock up our PG issues for many years.

We can try and unload salary from other players. Hinrich can play, and will probably play well in D'Antoni's system. Then we can buy out Marbury and be done with him.

Plus, Gordon and Crawford are similar players. We need a solid PG. Trading Curry would be the next step.

PG - Hinrich
SG - Crawford
SF - Gallineri
PF - Lee
C - Gooden

Not the greatest lineup, but it's a start and better than the one we have now.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
we would have to do a sign and trade for Gordon right? What about Gooden? Would a deal for Gooden really mess up our cap, and make it less likely to get Lebron?

GetRealistic

Starter
If Hinirch got back on track he's a player we could trade in 2009. His contract won't be as large and in this offense his stats would be inflated.

jzero29

Rotation player
Get rid of zach!!!

If Hinirch got back on track he's a player we could trade in 2009. His contract won't be as large and in this offense his stats would be inflated.
D'antonis push the ball system could revitalize his career, he had a better shooting year then most guards on NY and it was an off year. I like the deal. He's better then Felton.
I'd sign off quickly. I'd rather have Gordon but i could live with Hinirich.
True, but we need a PG more then another SG. Gordon is the better player, No doubt,but Hinrich fills our needs more.
Look Donnie needs to realize if he has a chance to move Zach then do it, and don't think twice about it! Honestly if they give us Drew and Hinrich, then that is fine by me. Hinrich is a player with trade value! He was the PG for the Bulls each time they have made the playoffs in the Post Mike era, someone will want him! Look if Mike wants been so bad wait till next season when he is a free agent and make a bid for him then! Not to mention what's really the difference between Nate and Gordon? Seriously from studying the leagues salaries, there are not too many players I would not move Zach for. The funny thing is Isiah nearly made a deal for the only player who has a more unmovable contract (Vince Carter). But please I just want to wake up and see this trade posted on this site, or on the bottom of the Sports Center screen.

I dont think Mike Dantoni wants Gordon it's just that Ben and Drew have two expiring contracts so the deal would put us at 42 million in cap next season which is around 14 million under. But again we can easily pawn Hinrich off to a team who needs a PG for an expiring contract.

Rose
Crawford
Deng
Randolph
Thomas

Not bad, probably a number four in the East if Del Negro is any good as a coach.
Getting rid of zach and taking on Hinrich, would be great for the cap, it takes off 6-8mill a season practically. The only down fall is Kirks contract last longer, but gets less each year. he's a productive Guard and unless he was injured and not the same as he used to be(not sure) then I think he'd be a plus in D'Antonis system. His salary gets lower each year. So if he's productive, his value would rocket. With Gallinari Marked to be PF of future, then why not? It's a rish to give away Randolph, a low post scorer. but his contract is ridiculous.

Bottom line, I wish this was true!!! Hopefully they revisit and He pulls the trigger. For hinrich or gordon.

George M.

Benchwarmer

Rose
Crawford
Deng
Randolph
Thomas

Hey dude,if you read the whole article it said Paxon not Walsh didn't pull the trigger.When they realize that they can't get E.Brand they'll try to iron out a deal for Zach.I HOPE!!!

NYKnicks15

Starter
hinrich is signed until 11-12 BUT his contract is front end. this coming season he makes 10, then 9.5 then 9 then 8. so hes easily tradeable or keepable if we are trying to get LeBron in here. Gooden is an expiring contract this year so hell come right off the books. so if he doesnt fit well he can go away just like marbury, i wouldnt mind taking hinrich either. i think he could thrive in the system and with Hinrich, Craw backcourt you get a great passer and a good passer two guys who can bring up the ball and most importantly size.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
hinrich would be a good asset but id prefer gordon. I think hes a decent 3 point shooter that will be crucial to mikes offense. Although hinrich would fit into the system easily. Id have to take gordon though for the fact hes british :p