Optimistic Knick-Fans

Kiyaman

Legend
Being optimistic about your Favorite or HomeTeam each season is good. But betting your money on a consistent losing team is DUM.

Those who want David Lee traded from this Knick Team seem very confident in the new coach D'Antoni making winning players of a frontline rotation of players C-Jerome James, C-Curry, PF-Zach, and so-call PF-Jefferies & PF-Gallinari, which is a "JOKE" to me know matter how long I look at it. But I'm not going to knock the next member optimiscism.

The Knicks picking players like OJ Mayo, Westbrook, Bayless, and Gordon in the draft would've meant that they were getting better decision making combo-guards then Jamal Crawford whom rookie Ben Gordon put to shame replacing him in the Bulls rotation. Getting rid of Crawful meaningless talent would've been a start at rebuilding.

The big rumor of trading the Knicks best rebounder, hustler, and chemistry player David Lee makes no sense at all, especially when the Knicks drafted a SF with their 6th pick.

The Knicks big trading rumors this offseason after they drafted a SF are supposed to be on trading SF-Q.Richardson, SF-Jared Jefferies, SF-Malik Rose, SF-Balkman, or SF-Chandler.
Does'nt that make more sense?

The Knicks second best rebounder Zach Randolph have to average 35 mpg to average 10 rebounds per game. And Zach overall talent is worth $14 million a year, when you compare that to David Lee overall talent (at making his teammates talents better) how much money should David Lee ask for if he have to be on a roster with Zach, Curry, James, and Jefferies?

Being a long time Knick-Fan from the 1970's that does make friendly bets on the Knick game, rather than just be a fan (put your money where your mouth is), one become very skeptical about the Knicks after the tours of Layden, Isiah, and Walsh draft night. It is enough reason to be undecisive about betting one cent (Penny) on the Knicks winning a game.

The Knicks could still be your optimistic team but when it comes to making a friendly bet on a NBA team with family, friends or in your neighborhood Bar the Knicks are not the one to bet on (Most Knick Fans would make a bet on the Lakers vs Celtics game rather than bet on the Knicks vs Nets game on a Sunday afternoon).
Just some friendly advice...

Toons

is the Bo$$
CoSign to the fullest!!! How can you trade david lee??? even if he's not a star, he is top 5 in the nba in power fowards off the bench (i have no stat shee to prove this, but name a backup pf better than dlee). you dont just trade assets like david lee. i dont know aabout making his teammates better, zach is a better passer than lee, but lee hustles night in and night out, and its unfair for everyone to switch on him. artest is making his decision tonight at 9 o clock to say if he's stayin with sac, what ever happened to going after artest?
marbury/collins
crawford/nate
artest/the cock
lee/ zach
curry/ whoever

Kiyaman

Legend
Alot of Knick-Fans, B-Ball Fans, and NBA commentators during this Knick regular season will start to question coach D'Antoni's winning record in Phoenix.

Knick Fans will question celebrity Head Coach D'Antoni NBA career?

Did the Phoenix Suns winning system come from coach D'Antoni?

Or was it from the old plays and style of Phoenix Star-Players Marion and Jason Kidd? inwhich PG-Kidd replacement PG-Steve Nash (the Mavs Dirk & Nash combination) passing talent improved by 60% with a scoring Bigman machine Amare Stoudemire on one side and Captain Marion on the other side?
And having a Star Combo-Guard at SG-Joe Johnson who Defense vs Offense was hard to compare which was better (TOP-5 SG in the league) played a big important role in making the Phoenix uptempo (seven second) system work sufficient. Which automatically made PG-Steve Nash a MVP in one season for fitting into this "Joe, Marion, and Amare" system 110% like he was the last fingers in the glove.
Marbury long dribbling, lack of creative passing skillz on a break, and forever walking the ball upcourt slowed Marion skillz down from his defensive-rebounding and pushing the ball upcourt with Jason Kidd.

For as long as I can remember the majority of the teams in the Western Conference became Fast Uptempo Running Teams since 1976 when the ABA was combined with the NBA.
Very few coaches did well when changing from the West Coast to the East Coast half court defense.

dre48ny

Rotation player
The Big mistake was bringing in Randolph, this immediately overloaded the knicks at forwards. I thought DLee was gonna be our future starter, but Isaiah brought in Randolph to mix shit up. Randolph is taking DLee's spot and money. Dlee is our newer version of Oakley ( maybe not to his level yet) and I enjoy watching his game. This is a business so now the NYK are forced to move him because he is the only value we have. If they package him with Crawford maybe get a draft pick and an expiring contract it won't be that bad. Get rid of cap space and obtain a first round draft pick, something we don't have in the following drafts. Randolph complicated things.

Kiyaman

Legend
Everyone of the Knicks Players can be traded with a persistent and determined G.M., President, or Owner. Even Jerome James can be traded.

What Knick Players that are under contract next season dont fit into coach D'Antoni system? lets see
Does players like James, Curry, Zach, Malik, Q.Rich (whom he had traded), Jefferies, Crawford, and Marbury (whom he had traded), fit into coach D'Antoni's uptempo system?
All of the above eight-players have big flaws in their talents and skillz at playing in an uptempo system.

Throughout Marbury & Crawford NBA career they have always walked the ball upcourt 85% of each NBA game they have played. This have never fitted into any of their NBA coaches shemes. This is a known factor throughout the NBA scouts. And adding Raymond Felton to the backcourt with these two players on the roster is supposed to be an improvement because Felton fits into D'Antoni system.
I'm not buying it.

The Knicks were supposed to make some serious roster changes on draft night, even if it meant giving up the 6th pick. You had so many desperate teams out their wanting that 6th pick that Walsh gave to D'Antoni so he could please a country friend by picking his son. We could have got J.O'Neal with that 6th pick with Zach included.
Or worked out a three team deal getting rid of Crawford, Q.Rich, Jefferies, and the 6th pick for some decent NBA team-players.

Maybe that is the reason why Walsh did not hire Mark Jackson as the coach. Mark Jackson is more affiliated with this Knick roster and would've had Donnie Walsh "WORK" day and night three weeks before draft night on having these so-call untradeable players traded on that night with the 6th pick.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

clumsy

Rotation player
yes you do. you trade david lee to get rid of players that are deemed untradable. namely zach randolph.

i'm not sure if salaries match, but wasn't there a rumor Lee, Randolph for maxiell and sheed?

youpddd

Rookie
yes you do. you trade david lee to get rid of players that are deemed untradable. namely zach randolph.
:agreed:

Kiyaman, we have to trade lee to get other teams to get big contracts. What would you rather have, lebron, or randolph with lee. no duh lebron. and besides i hope you know that lebron stated that he would love to play in the garden and that he has some of his best games there. Anyway, i love lee and i respect him as much as you do, but this guy should be great trade bait because he does all the little things that mean the diference between winning and losing on good teams.

youpddd

Rookie
Everyone of the Knicks Players can be traded with a persistent and determined G.M., President, or Owner. Even Jerome James can be traded.
Kiyaman, common. who in the right mind would want jerome james. he's a fatass, he's foul prone, he's a fatass, he has no offense, he's a fatass, he's slow, he's a fatass, and he has a bad contract. Besides, it doesn't even look like he cares about playing, he has his contract no matter what. The only way he's gone is when he's an expiring contract where he will have a .00000000000000000000000000001 percent chance of leaving. The good news though, he expires before the 2010 free agency.:beer:

youpddd

Rookie
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
You had so many desperate teams out their wanting that 6th pick that Walsh gave to D'Antoni so he could please a country friend by picking his son.

walsh said on an interview with brandon tierney that the relationship had nothing to do with anything. besides, dantoni and walsh have jobs, and they can be fired, so they always have to be very careful with draft picks. wy would the want to please vitiro if it means highering their chances of being fired.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
Why shouldnt we be a little bit more optimistic.We just got rid of a guy who consitintly made bad decisions that have set this franchise back years.We replaced a coach who could not get his team to take a game seriously,who laughed at him on the bench,Who was trying to bang interns instead of run this franchise,To sum it up turned this once storied franchise into one of the worst run organizations of all times in sports.Now you knock Dantoni WHY what concrete evidence makes you think he is a bad coach,You say it was the Phoneix players that made him what he is, Ok how do you know that were you on the team did you travel day in and day out with them maybe you were at the practices or the time out huddles to hear what was going on.Look I dont know if Dantoni is gonna fail and you dont know that either.But I do have a record of winning seasons,Players florishing in his system,Him being selected to coach on team USA,And not one player saying anything but good things, All that dont mean shit but It does bring OPTIMISIM.Now you kill Walsh the guy has been here for a minute and you expect miracles, WHY are you really serious about him being able to turn this team around in a few minutes and trade all these bad contracts over night,First you must really realize how HORRIABLE this team is we dont have one player who is top ten at there position in the league and they all get superstar money how can you seriously think that this can be fixed in no time or even on draft night,Dont be blinded by what the Celtics did that does not happen very often other than them tell me another team built overnight.It takes years to build a good team from expansion with no cap restrictions and high draft picks and money to spend on whoever you like.This team has had no draft for 100 years and there completly capped out.This is not a video game this is the NBA owners of million dollar franchises not fools that have no time for mistakes, The Knicks and Isiahs reputation are gonna be around for a long time nobody is gonna look to take on the players who turned the Knicks into this Cancer and pay them to RIDDICULOUS money to come RUIN there own team.And just out of curiousity what has Mark Jackson done to have the Credentials to coach the biggest franchise in the NBA,Why would you hire him over Dantoni.Everybody says Jackson would be defensive minded how do we know this the guy has NEVER coached a day in his life NEVER and this is what you would rather have than Dantoni Im sorry it just makes no sense to me.Im not a fool I have no dreams of a parade for the Knicks anytime soon,But I do have concrete evidence of succes from Walsh and Dantoni in there past and there is why I am OPTIMISTIC

youpddd

Rookie
i dont know aabout making his teammates better, zach is a better passer than lee, but lee hustles night in and night out, and its unfair for everyone to switch on him. artest is making his decision tonight at 9 o clock to say if he's stayin with sac, what ever happened to going after artest?
1- walsh said on one of his interviews when he first came that the artest thing would never happen.
2- besides, where do you get the idea of randolph bein a better passer than lee. randolph is a black hole, and i don't pay attention to how well lee passes, but i do know the college system he played in was similiar to dantoni's and that meant big men passed out of the post. and experts say that lee would be good for dantoni and randolph wouldn't, so how can that be if randolph is a better passer than lee

Toons

is the Bo$$
have u watched a single knick game? lees best passisng attribute is his outlet passes...when he grabs a board n dishes for the break, his court vision on the outlet is above par. Randolph has the passing ability like chris webber, but he choses not to, i have seen randolph complete some sick passes this season, but they were few and far between, im not saying he is an assist man, but he has the ABITLITY, key word, ability.

Kiyaman

Legend
The optimistic Knicks look like they are ready to make some roster changes after July 1st. So far PG-Duhorn is the big talk.
Who is the Knicks G.M.?
I am not one who likes to make numerous trades over the offseason but..... the no-chemistry Knicks for the last several seasons has to make some huge roster changes before training camp begins this offseason.
Here's the Knick roster:

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Robinson, Nate G- 5.9 180 "Keeper"</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Crawford, Jamal G- 6.5 190 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Collins, Mardy PG- 6.6 220 "Keeper" </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Marbury, Stephon PG- 6.2 205 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Richardson, Quentin GF- 6.6 235 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Jeffries, Jared GF- 6.11 240 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Chandler, Wilson GF- 6.8 220 "Keeper"</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Gallinari, Danilo SF- 6.8 210 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Balkman, Renaldo F- 6.8 208 "Keeper"</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Rose, Malik F- 6.7 255</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Randolph, Zach PF- 6.9 260 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Lee, David FC- 6.9 240 "Keeper" </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Curry, Eddy C- 6.11 285 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>James, Jerome FC- 7.1 285

It may look bad as an old time Knick-Fan that out of the 14 players on the roster I only picked 5 players as "Keepers", my reason is these 5 players have chemistry in an uptempo or halfcourt game, plus they play relentless on both sides of the court.

What players do you think on this roster could help the Knicks win 41 games next season?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Toons

is the Bo$$
The optimistic Knicks look like they are ready to make some roster changes after July 1st. So far PG-Duhorn is the big talk.
Who is the Knicks G.M.?
I am not one who likes to make numerous trades over the offseason but..... the no-chemistry Knicks for the last several seasons has to make some huge roster changes before training camp begins this offseason.
Here's the Knick roster:

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Robinson, Nate G- 5.9 180 "Keeper"</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Crawford, Jamal G- 6.5 190 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Collins, Mardy PG- 6.6 220 "Keeper" </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Marbury, Stephon PG- 6.2 205 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Richardson, Quentin GF- 6.6 235 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Jeffries, Jared GF- 6.11 240 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Chandler, Wilson GF- 6.8 220 "Keeper"</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Gallinari, Danilo SF- 6.8 210 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Balkman, Renaldo F- 6.8 208 "Keeper"</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Rose, Malik F- 6.7 255</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Randolph, Zach PF- 6.9 260 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Lee, David FC- 6.9 240 "Keeper" </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Curry, Eddy C- 6.11 285 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>James, Jerome FC- 7.1 285

It may look bad as an old time Knick-Fan that out of the 14 players on the roster I only picked 5 players as "Keepers", my reason is these 5 players have chemistry in an uptempo or halfcourt game, plus they play relentless on both sides of the court.

What players do you think on this roster could help the Knicks win 41 games next season?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

how is mardy collins, balkman, and wilson chandler "keepers"????? none of them can make a jump shot.....maybe chandler, but not consistently....

Toons

is the Bo$$
summer leage dosent mean anything tho.....how did the celtics summer leage team do? or the lakers?

Kiyaman

Legend
Here is my clarity for the reason I picked the 5 "Keepers".
They have some raw athletic talent that makes them Great Role-Players that could come off the bench and score off of their hustling-defense and ball-pressure.
These 5 players lack a "system-plan" and the playingtime to improve their offense.
David Lee ambidextrous switch-up style and Nate early pressure on the ball are probably the only Starters & Finishers out of the 5 "Keepers", but they are chemistry role-players that could use two athletic star players in their starting line-up.

I give 6.6 PG-Marty Collins a pass for this past season performance after having a Knee-Surgery in the offseason (The majority of athletes needed a season off after having any kind of surgery done to their knee) .
I know personally how bad a person confidence level can drop when pain stirs up at doing things you regularly do with ease and comfort.
If Mardy Collins dont show a huge improvement early nextseason than "FIRE" his ass too.
6.6 Collins & 5.9 Nate raw performance together was supposed to team-up to knock the clown show of "Marbury & Crawford" out of the playingtime box.

Throughout Crawford and Marbury NBA career the two guards has not showed any chemistry with each other or any of their teammate guards on this team or other teams. Which is a Fact that members keep letting pass.
It becomes very hard to beat any team that has two co-existing guards that will consistently team-up together with a chemistry plan to make their other teammates talents better.

Here are some tandem guards who chemistry together has improve their teammates performance: Billup & Rip, Iverson & Snow, Kidd & Kittles, Parker & Ginobli, Nash & Joe Johnson, Fisher & Kobe, Baron Davis & J.Richardson, and Rondo & Ray Allen. I could go on as far as Seattle "Gus Williams & Dennis Johnson" and how they made their center Webster look like a Star.

After four (4) seasons together the "Marbury & Crawford" Tandem should have chemistry in their performance together, but they dont. They make their teammates performance look bad with their selfish decision making.
And Crawford is worst than Marbury. Crawford let his homeboy Eddy Curry have another bad season while he ran the offense on this team. Some may say its all Curry fault which it is, but when your Homeboy see you lacking its his job as your close friend to pick you up and put you up to date.
Both players (Marbury & Crawford) should not be on the Knicks roster next season after having four Knick coaches fail from their poor floor leadership...

Kiyaman

Legend
July 8th 2008

Was Walsh a big mistake when Kiki Vandeweigh was available when Isiah Thomas was found guilty in the Annucha Trail.
Larry Bird already turned the Indiana Pacers back into a Postseason team after just the 3 months departure of Walsh.

The Spurs and the Boston Celtics WON their Championships off of pure DEFENSE! D'Antoni got FIRED because the last 3 years he refuse to add DEFENSE.

Under Walsh and D'Antoni the Knicks now have
PG-Duhorn,
PG-Marbury,
PG-Nate,
PG-Collins,
and a so-call SG-Crawford who only talent is being a selfish scoring PG that luvs to dribble the ball.
The Knicks have FIVE (5) PG on their roster.

The Knicks were already loaded at the SF position with 5 players that like to play at the SF position. Adding SF-Gallinari to roster that have a
SF-Q.Richardson a player that divides the lockerroom,
SF-Jefferies that cant get any of his teammates to help him defend with his poor defensive method,
SF-Balkman who thinks Isiah is a clown,
SF-Chandler who is looking foward to playing in an uptempo system,
SF-Lee which like to switch positions from SF to PF depending on the oponent,
SF-Malik who mastered playing alongside of both of the Spurs Bigmen (Robinson & Duncan) in the starting lineup.
The Knicks have 7 SF on their roster.

The Knicks have 5 PG's and 7 SF's which add up to 12 players on their roster with three big jokes as Bigmen name Zach, Curry, and Jerome James.

When are the Great Walsh and D'Antoni going to make some trades for a Starting Center, a Starting PF, and a Starting and backup SG??????

Last edited: