Houston still out

allan20

Benchwarmer
Allan Houston will make the West Coast trip but likely won't play before the Knicks come home next Wednesday vs. Philly. That would mean he'd miss 14 games. When Houston began his knee-rehab assignment, his goal was to be back the first game after the break vs. Detroit. But now it looks as if that was two weeks premature.
"Right after the break, I felt good," Houston said. "I pushed myself really hard. It got really sore. Now it's feeling good, but I'm hesitant and cautious how it progresses. I don't want it to go back. I want to gradually do more and more."
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/16485.htm

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
I hope that he takes his time and heal properly before he comes back. I would hate to see him come back and reinjure himself.

jayp

Benchwarmer
he is doing the right thing as far as making sure he is 100% ready to play.. the timing is bad though..

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
I heard that Houston might be back by the end of this western trip. I hope its true. We need him to gel with these new guys ASAP.

jayp

Benchwarmer
i read that he might be back for the denver game.. which is good cause we need all the help..

rady

Administrator
Staff member
yes, he did said he'll return for the denver game but i already heard these promisses several times in the last month, so don't blame me for being a bit skeptical

WiL8000

Rotation player
As much as I'd like to see Houston return to the lineup, and get used to the new players on the team, I can't help but wonder if he is truly healthy enough to return. Knee problems are serious man, and if they're acting up the way they are for him, he should rest them as long as he possibly can.

We definately need a pure shooter in the line-up, and soon. Just look at the last four games the Knicks have played. I really feel badly for Dikembe Mutombo as of late. I know he is feeling robbed by the coaching staff, but he needs to understand that he is playing terribly as of late, and is more useful to the Knicks as an off-the-bench-player.

I would love to see the Knicks not only make the playoffs, but make it to the semi or conference finals or better. However reality is sinking in a bit. We really need to put next season as a priority, keep Houston healthy, sign Baker in the next week, further develope Sweetny and Johnson, and look to sign Wallace over the summer..... period. :director:

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
I think Houston is smart enough to not return until he really feels ready. He came back early before and he was still hurting and not really productive.

I think that if Deke wants to stay in NY he will embrace his role as a 6th man. I kinda feel bad too because it looks like Isiah might try to unload him in the offseason.

jayp

Benchwarmer
i also feel bad but his age is slowing him down.. younger and more athletic centers are starting to emerge which is why i think isaiah is keeping pace..