Duhon still up in the air Monta wants to be a Knick

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
These sports writers are running out of news so they manufacture it. Half of these stories don't even make sense. I expect his from the Daily News but now Newsday isn't even reliable.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Monta Ellis ain't worth it. And the idea of a combination of Crawford and Ellis on the Knicks will bring the same result as our Francis and Marbury combination.

NYKnicks15

Starter
this is not untrue. ellis has a great interest in our team and more importantly mike D. walsh and mullin are good friends and you have to believe that if the warriors cant work something out with ellis we would be the first team that hed look at to trade with.

now dont give me that spiel of how gm's are business men blah blah blah
look at ainge and mchale. kg on a platter. back on subject though

the deal would not include crawford it COULD contain Nate Robinson but I suspect a sign and trade deal that would include Zach Randolph. Randolph and Biedrins frontcourt with Harrington at the 3 and Jackson at the 2 and the heavy possibility of the warriors signing a free agent PG (maybe Duhon if we go for ellis) or making sense and trading Harrington to the bulls for Hinrich.

its also possibility that we do sign Duhon and still do this while sending out Nate in the deal if we could get additional cap space like eating jeffries contract for us or james or possibile 1st round pick.

i wouldnt sleep on this trade. and i also wouldnt sleep on the backcourt of ellis and crawford. combined theyd be incredibly fast, both can push the ball up the court and both have above average passing skills. im not a huge fan of either but together and in this system they could thrive.

im more a fan of this trade because we get rid of randolph or whoever and get a quality young player in return.

New New York

Quiet Storm
im more a fan of this trade because we get rid of randolph or whoever and get a quality young player in return.[/quote]

That is key, Dumping Zach for an expiring contract, or a player who has real value is the most important thing to me!

A situation to watch is Elton Brand. Looks like three teams want him, and ofcourse only one will get him, But Zach is a alternative for all three teams. Like I've said the Warriors have shown in the past that they are not afraid to take on a player with off the court trouble. Zach wouldnt be as good a compliment to Kaman as Brand, but it would still be pretty effective. And ofcourse Philly has a coach familar with Zach's game, and a Center that will also compliment Zach's game.

metrocard

Legend
To the people doubting Ellis, they're being foolish.
He's actually not a bad defender, and probably one of the best athletes in his position. He's money with his mid range jumper and can really score from anywhere in the court when he's hot. Ellis >>>> Crawford.

Give me Ellis or Gordon, we need scoring off the bench.

Ellis or Crawford cannot be the PG of this team if thats what the article is suggesting.

Last edited:

nyk24

Rookie
Ellis can't play the point, thats true. And what would be be accomplishing by having two shooting guards that should start on the same team?

However, if we could pull off a trade that would send Randolph to Golden State, why not try some small ball? We could try a lineup that has Curry, Richardson, Crawford, Ellis, and Marbury. I'm not say it would work, but its worth a shot, no? The point is, we could get Randolph's contract off our hands.

Another thing to consider with Ellis is how much he'd be wanting in a new contract. We dont want to dig a bigger hole than we're already in.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ Yes Ellis wants a new contract and we would be getting rid of Randloph/Curry or Crawford to get him and Ellis is 22 and still has tremendous upside so our money isn't going into a selfish over weight washed up pro...the sky's the limit for Ellis and D'Antoni is the perfect coach for him...im all for getting Ellis and i hope we do

George M.

Benchwarmer
To the people doubting Ellis, they're being foolish.
He's actually not a bad defender, and probably one of the best athletes in his position. He's money with his mid range jumper and can really score from anywhere in the court when he's hot. Ellis >>>> Crawford.

Give me Ellis or Gordon, we need scoring off the bench.

Ellis or Crawford cannot be the PG of this team if thats what the article is suggesting.
Trade Crawford and Randolph for Ellis and Harrington and a pick.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ agreed Duhon is good and all but he isn't a starter he's somebody you bring to carry the game while the starter rests and he does a hella good job 2 god i love this signing now all thats left is getting Monta Ellis....ohh and Marbs will have a comeback year he'll prove to all the doubters that he still got it