Farewell Marbury???

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Last I check calling someone delerious and telling them to face reality were insults.

Its hard to take you're "grow up" statement seriously since you kinda break your own rules. Once again you create ludacris reasons as to why you are indeed right and everyone else is wrong.

Of couse, you're fogetting one important thing. You aren't right. There is no such thing as right. No one is "right." We may be right to ourselves and to some others, but there is no undeniable "right" answers. Everything is open to interpretation.

Thats the difference between you and me. I state my opinion, hence "My opinion on the topic," rather than proclaim myself right. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and their feelings whether you agree with them or not. You're attacking of other opinions simply puts you in a rather bad light.
Until you read my posts, I don't have nothing to say to you. I never called you delerious, and the fact that you're making up random things that I said proves you don't read anyone's posts. The same thing happened in the Isiah gave his blessing for Gallinari thread. You said that I had opinion, and not fact, meanwhile, if you read my post, you would've seen 3 links that I used as references for what I said.

I'm so sick of Marbury dick riders on this site, claiming he's the best player on the team. No he ain't.

See what people forget is that basketball is both a team, and rhythm sport. Marbury has proved in his career...that he is nothing more than a breaker of the locker room harmony. Sure he can score you points in bunches, and can average the numbers. But to actually play with him...is something to be desired. He'll have the numbers but they won't show up where they count...in the WIN column.

We had another player sometime ago with a shitload of baggage...his name was Sprewell. Sprewell didn't **** up team chemistry...and his talents clearly showed up in the WIN column each night. Sprewell would not have bitched at Larry Brown, or Isiah Thomas. All Spree wanted was to be treated like man which is why he got into it with P.J.'s punk ass.

The Knicks are going to try and trade that expiring contract but if they can't...just eat it. **** it. I would rather have a 30 win season...and play hard every night...than to win 50 games with Marbury only to have the team break down because that little pre-madonna bitch feels he's not getting enough shots.

Team players win for the team, not for themselves. That's something Marbury has never figured out in college, or in his NBA career.

Waste of talent. He could've been a hell of a lot better.

Duhon may not be a 5 star player...doesn't have to be. Just needs to do the job of PG..well and shut up about it. And who knows he may turn out to be better than we think. Could be he just needed the right coach, and playing time.
if stephon isnt the best player on this team then tell me who is.

Marbury isnt a team player. he just plays for himself right? then what happened in 06-07? thats why he averaged 8.4 assists in the last 40 games of that year right?

(here do the math if you like) http://www.sportsline.com/nba/players/player/gamelogs/2006/6678

pre-madonna bitch? thats a great thing of you to say about someone thats lost 2 family members in the past year.

good thing you got that dark mask on. if i was you i wouldnt wanna show my face neither.

now lemme quote the gold mac 10 of ko.com when i say this
fukk outta here.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Team Starbury is #1. I don't listen to the haters, because they can't compete.

Team Starbury=1992 Olympic NBA Dream Team

dreamteam.jpg

Only MJ puts up numbers like team Starbury. Team Starbury puts up double doubles. We average 20 points and 10 assists each, on the basketball court.
lol

metrocard

Legend
I would like my anti Marbury protesters to stand up and contradict the facts I presented.

My opinion would be something like
Yeh, I like Marbury's style, he's a NYC type PG, strongest PG in the NBA, absorbs contact as good as anyone.

Fact would be.

Yeh, I don't see the big thing of Duhon people are acting like he's the type of pass first PG who can make his teammates better.

That isn't true at all; he's as good as making his teammates better as Robinson.

Duhon basically lacks the ABILITY and SKILL to change or impact offensively.

Chris Duhon's per 36 minute stats(these are an accurate assesment on how productive he will be as a starter)

36 mins
9.7 PPG
38% FG
35% 3pt
6.2 APG
3.3 RPG
2.0 TO
1.2 SPG

Is this the production you look from your starter? Duhon is just a role PLAYER, he'll be new to this team and this offense and will take time to develop chemistry with his teammates. This is a HUGE degrade from a 20 and 8 PG in Marbury.

Not really.

Marbury isn't a negative player for one reason.

Marbury has proved he can lead a .500 team in New York.
Sure, you could be an asshole and say Marbury didn't get the Knicks pass the Eastern Conferance Champions of 03-04, but Marbury did the best accomplishment than any Knick has done in the last 5 years. Thats a fact.

Knicks went 23-18 with Marbury that year and could of build of that.
You already knew what happend since I explained this to you man of times. Isiah failed to surround Marbury around shooters, defenders and get a real big man. Instead he got players like Tim Thomas, Steve Francis, Jalen Rose, Curry, Randolph, Vin Baker, Jerome James, Jamal Crawford, Jamison Brewer...etc and ETC. Not even guys like Kobe or Duncan could lead a team of scrubs like that.

These facts presented favor Marbury too much.
We never had a team established, therefor EXPECTING the playoffs is foolish. Not a single athlete in the world could lead the loser rosters we had the last 4-5 year

Anti-Starbury heads, don't give up.
Come back with information that doesn't favor Marbury and your opinions would look more bold than size 2 font status.

i havent seen one fact from the haters. no links. no nuthin. just biased oppinions that get old after a while, and easier and easier to prove wrong

Starks

Starter
What are you guys going to fight abut when he is no longer a Knick?

Is there any Crawford or Curry fans that will takeover the next ko.com beef?

TunerAddict

Starter
Until you read my posts, I don't have nothing to say to you. I never called you delerious, and the fact that you're making up random things that I said proves you don't read anyone's posts. The same thing happened in the Isiah gave his blessing for Gallinari thread. You said that I had opinion, and not fact, meanwhile, if you read my post, you would've seen 3 links that I used as references for what I said.

Yeah, I really made that up. Oh, wait, here is proof.
Just stop being delusional and face reality.
Delerious and delusional are synonyms.

Oh, and on that Gallo thread, you didn't have fact. You had evidence. Fact is something that is proven. You had links to websites that weren't at all reputable, so truthfully, your evidence was piss poor anyway. Like I said there, anyone can put anything on the internet. And even if those sites were put up by ESPN, it still wouldn't make them fact.

But since you have had trouble understanding what is indeed a fact, I have a good source for you here.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2">fact</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">
noun</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">1. </td><td valign="top">a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred; "first you must collect all the facts of the case" </td></tr><tr><td valign="top">2. </td><td valign="top">a statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened; "he supported his argument with an impressive array of facts" </td></tr><tr><td valign="top">3. </td><td valign="top">an event known to have happened or something known to have existed; "your fears have no basis in fact"; "how much of the story is fact and how much fiction is hard to tell" </td></tr><tr><td valign="top">4. </td><td valign="top">a concept whose truth can be proved; "scientific hypotheses are not facts" </td></tr></tbody></table>

Oh, and when you said
I don't have nothing to say to you.
that actually means that you do have something to say to me. It is a double negative. What you should have said was that "I don't have ANYTHING to say to you."

I've read your posts. This defense of yours is simply to hide the chinks I've made in your argument.

metrocard

Legend

Once Marbury is gone, there will be a bigger and more pissed off metrocard looking for names and Currysexuals and Crawfordsexuals.

Lets hope so.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Yeah, I really made that up. Oh, wait, here is proof. Delerious and delusional are synonyms.

Oh, and on that Gallo thread, you didn't have fact. You had evidence. Fact is something that is proven. You had links to websites that weren't at all reputable, so truthfully, your evidence was piss poor anyway. Like I said there, anyone can put anything on the internet. And even if those sites were put up by ESPN, it still wouldn't make them fact.

But since you have had trouble understanding what is indeed a fact, I have a good source for you here.

Oh, and when you said that actually means that you do have something to say to me. It is a double negative. What you should have said was that "I don't have ANYTHING to say to you."

I've read your posts. This defense of yours is simply to hide the chinks I've made in your argument.
I didn't call you delusional as an insult. You actually were being delusional. If what I was saying was untrue, and I was just saying it to put you down, it would be an insult, but in fact, it wasn't. I just said the truth. To think Chis Duhon is capable of being a better leader than Marbury is delusional. That's like saying that Rajan Rondo is a better leader than
Tracy McGrady. Sure, T-Mac has never made it passed the first round, but he's a far better player than Rondo, and most people would prefer to have McGrady on their team over Rondo.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

I like your way of thinking. To be honest, I only defend Marbury, because I know that he's a talented point guard and that people are trying to scapegoat him. Isiah Thomas and Jim Dolan get less heat than Marbury, on this site, and they're the ones that actually assembled this team. The way that people hate on Marbury is as if he made all the trades, free agent signings, won all the games, lost all the games, and caused all the drama. I don't think it's true, and I don't think it's fair. Eddy Curry and Quentin Richardson(two starters who make huge contracts for little production and have poor conditioning) get way less heat than Marbury. Meanwhile, Marbury has led the team in scoring and assists in almost every season he's been here.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
New York Times
Even before signing Duhon, the Knicks had resolved that they could not move forward while Marbury was still in the locker room. In their brief time with the franchise, Walsh and D?Antoni have learned how incredibly unpopular Marbury is with his teammates.

The fact that Marbury is "incredibly unpopular with his teammates" is enough reason to get rid of him. This has been a common problem with Marbury. Regardless if Marbury is here or not, this team is not accomplishing anything next year. Why hold onto to someone for one year, if it means nothing and if he pisses his teammates off?

New New York

Quiet Storm
I like your way of thinking. To be honest, I only defend Marbury, because I know that he's a talented point guard and that people are trying to scapegoat him. Isiah Thomas and Jim Dolan get less heat than Marbury, on this site, and they're the ones that actually assembled this team. The way that people hate on Marbury is as if he made all the trades, free agent signings, won all the games, lost all the games, and caused all the drama. I don't think it's true, and I don't think it's fair. Eddy Curry and Quentin Richardson(two starters who make huge contracts for little production and have poor conditioning) get way less heat than Marbury. Meanwhile, Marbury has led the team in scoring and assists in almost every season he's been here.

No noone gives more heat to Marbuary than Dolan and Isiah it's just that we all agree that Dolan and Isiah have major blame in all this. "Team Marbaury" seems not to give any recongnition of wrong doing by Steph.

I will say this one last time...When the Knicks made the playoffs all the praise went to Steph and Isiah, not coach Lenny Wilkens, but Stephon Marbaury and Isiah Thomas. Ok fair enough, but what comes with that is full responsibility for losing. If you are the best player on a team in any sport you are held responisible for the Wins and the L's. Not to mention the kid has a bad attitude towards his teamates, coaches, and the press (rightfully so I suppose) and people expect an golden boy image of him painted? No he is not the sole reason for the teams demise, only someone who knows nothing about the game would say that, but it as bass ackwards (you like that!) to say he has nothing to do with the teams downfall. Steph has been a public relations nightmare, and yes that does mean something. Here is the reason why Jamal can get away with chucking up bad shots, and Eddy can get away with a bad work ethic....their coaches and teamates like them! When you claim to be the game's best PG then you better show that you are able to lead your team to victories. Isiah endured early success as GM with the Knicks, as a result he was all over Letterman and ESPN because people believed he had just liberated our franchise, now when the team started losing and his deals started to flop, he caught much wrath from Knick fans. Now he is gone, and left behind is the player who many feel epidomizes his reign, and Steph has to prove that he is not a coach killer, and he must earn the respect of his teamates back to distance himself from Isiah. And could you really blame Donnie Walsh or Dantoni for not wanting to risk that type of turmoil in their first season with the franchise?

th3realicon

Rotation player
Letting Marbury go is not the option. We will pay him regardless. Why not let him earn his money in the last season of his career. If he plays as he knows than great for him. I just don't want to see him play great in his career year and the Knicks give him an Isianesque type of extension.

pat

Starter

Because it is so painful to recognise that you have defended a minority-opinion for so long and with so much effort. And you don't get that on here. I have the feeling as if this is the last reservation of Marbury-fans. But hey: Live and let live.

Last edited:

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Wow so much developments in just 24 hours. Personally, like a few others who have posted earlier in this thread, it wouldn't hurt to have a fresh start or inch towards it by getting rid of Marbury. We've been with him for pretty much 5 season already. I think the feeling-out and the testing stage are already done and over with. The team is well aware of the impact of Marbury. He's a scorer and decent point guard, but he just had too much baggage. Way too much for even Walsh and D'Antoni to forego his last season as a Knick. That tells a lot. No need anymore to have another season. Being a great player is not just about having a great career statistic or carrying a team to the playoffs. You need to lead, make your teammates better, or if someone else is the leader, be a good follower. I think in those 5 seasons, we've already had enough to learn of Marbury. And despite all his talent, the Knicks just needed a breath of fresh air. It's not the last move we have to make no doubt. But as a start, it's a HUGE HUGE move. Let's all just move on. We've had losing seasons all those 5 seasons, with one season getting to the playoffs only to get swept. C'mon guys. You all know this will be a positive move for the Knicks. In terms of winning more games - we don't know for sure. But at least the team had a shakeup we sorely needed. I'm surprised he's leaving even before the season, but when the Knicks brass decided on it, you'd have to admit there's something really bad going on internally with the team.

I just hope we get something valuable like draft picks for Marbury.

As for Duhon, he's only here for 2 years. So let's just leave it at that.

Toons

is the Bo$$
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C9ZN7Y6HDgI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C9ZN7Y6HDgI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Everything that is new, is not good. Isiah was new at a point and time...so was jerome james and jarred and q....larry brown was new also.....i always supported the chris duhon m ove until i found out that he was offered the starting job....that worries me....how can we go to the playoffs with chris duhon as our starting pg?? he is a good backup, nothing more than a good backup defensive point guard and i dont support the move by walsh. Steph would have flourished under the new system, crawford, gallo and q would havve befitted more if marbury would stay. We should allow marbury to play his last season, keep duhon as a backup...rotate them....and rotate crawford and nate....that way, crawford is more efficient, he dosent have to play starting and backup pg and sg all game long, and marbury and duhon can compliment each other. i officially stamp the dduhon pickup a bad move *IF DUHON IS A STARTER* we should stop doing deals with the bulls...it never turns out good 4 us!

Last edited:

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Everything that is new, is not good. Isiah was new at a point and time...so was jerome james and jarred and q....larry brown was new also.....i always supported the chris duhon m ove until i found out that he was offered the starting job....that worries me....how can we go to the playoffs with chris duhon as our starting pg?? he is a good backup, nothing more than a good backup defensive point guard and i dont support the move by walsh. Steph would have flourished under the new system, crawford, gallo and q would havve befitted more if marbury would stay. We should allow marbury to play his last season, keep duhon as a backup...rotate them....and rotate crawford and nate....that way, crawford is more efficient, he dosent have to play starting and backup pg and sg all game long, and marbury and duhon can compliment each other. i officially stamp the dduhon pickup a bad move *IF DUHON IS A STARTER* we should stop doing deals with the bulls...it never turns out good 4 us!

No one's expecting us to go to the playoffs this season and next season. That'll be more of a bonus. Throughout the season I see the Knicks making more moves to try to get rid of Curry/Randolph or Lee/Crawford. The next 2 seasons will be like a rebirth for the Knicks. And you have to keep in mind that Duhon's only gonna be here short-term until we draft a high prospect PG in the future draft. Well unless he plays close to an all-star or at least blends well with the system like how Rondo is with the Celtics. And that is something we cannot give a definite answer on right now. As for now I'm just glad that the Knicks are finally having a fresh start.

clumsy

Rotation player
Fact is Marbury does not deserve 20 mil.

If he was making 10/12 mil, he would have A LOT of value. THere is no GM dumb enough to trade for him this year. TO help the Knicks here is what i want to happen. Start Marbury. Hope he gets 15 pts 7 or 8 assists. THEN, resign him for a more accetable contract (7-10mill) and trade him.