Clippers Plan "Davis & Brand"

Kiyaman

Legend
The Clippers are finally doing something strong to keep their Franchise Player Elton Brand from leaving. They wasted no time at all in giving PG-Baron Davis an offersheet (pre-plan) on July 1st. to keep the monster frontcourt tandem of "Brand & Kayman" on the roster.
Selecting Pure SG-Eric Gordon out of the draft showed the Clippers had a sure fire plan of pure genious in the works.
Baron Davis is looking forward to having Brand & Kaman on the Clippers roster next season. So Brand chances of resigning is at 100%.

The Clippers will let Maggete go off to the next team in the FA market, and sign one or two of all the running defensive SF in the FA market to the NBA average salary to get some depth on the bench (or may work a sign and trade for Maggette for a defensive SF).

The L.A. Clippers "PLAN" this offseason if it works out right (you have to admitt) it will grab some Lakers Fans into their stadium the next two seasons.
Give Clippers Management their Props!!!

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
If they do have a core of Davis, Brand, and Kaman, and with Eric Gordon, then they'd finally be a decent and exciting team. That team with Mobley, Cassel, and Brand, that lost to the Suns in the playoffs 3 seasons ago, just didn't have what it takes to extend their success. But with this new core, they could make some noise. But didn't Golden State offer a bigger contract to Brand? A contract that he'd be foolish not to accept? I'm not sure though, but maybe there are new developments with the Clippers.

Kiyaman

Legend
If they do have a core of Davis, Brand, and Kaman, and with Eric Gordon, then they'd finally be a decent and exciting team. That team with Mobley, Cassel, and Brand, that lost to the Suns in the playoffs 3 seasons ago, just didn't have what it takes to extend their success. But with this new core, they could make some noise. But didn't Golden State offer a bigger contract to Brand? A contract that he'd be foolish not to accept? I'm not sure though, but maybe there are new developments with the Clippers.

I'm sure that Elton Brand gave a big consent on getting PG-Baron Davis, the way the Clippers had everything laid-out already on July 1st..
It would'nt look right for Brand to falter this deal for a couple bucks more to go to a leaderless GS team.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wrong Section!!!!!

This Is The Knicks Section Not The Clippers WTF!!

Your wishing the Knicks had a "PLAN" too, huh.
Other than becomming a 2008-9 LOTTERY season team to use the protected pick that was traded for Marbury.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
I'm sure that Elton Brand gave a big consent on getting PG-Baron Davis, the way the Clippers had everything laid-out already on July 1st..
It would'nt look right for Brand to falter this deal for a couple bucks more to go to a leaderless GS team.

Well it will really be interesting to see if Elton Brand is gonna pull off a Carlos Boozer on the Clippers. LOL! Money talks!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ Cavs woulda been champs if Boozer didn't backstab them...thats the one piece the cavs are missing another all-star player next to him and it doesn't hurt that it would be an inside outside combo...best since kobe-shaq...but that didn't happen

....OHH AND FU#K THE CLIPPERS AND EVERY OTHER NBA TEAM KNICKS ALL DAY

Akamu

The King
Other than becomming a 2008-9 LOTTERY season team to use the protected pick that was traded for Marbury.

Naw your way off, this was a general message to a re-occurring mistake made by people on this forum. This topic belongs in the "NBA" section do you know where that is?

Here maybe this will help you:

NY Knicks
"The main forum. Who's hot, who's not. Everything involving the NY Knicks: news, trades, draft."

NBA "What's up in the NBA? Discuss all the other teams in the league.

You could have Clippers underwear and a tattoo of Elton Brad, I really don't care. The point is, I am just pointing out that it is in the wrong section, and that messes up the forum.

If a mod would be so kind and move this to the NBA section where it belongs I'll delete my messages. -Thanx

Paul1355

All Star

plan doesnt take affect untill 2010 cuz we were in a bigger hole than the Clippers...they didnt have an Isiah Thomas F everything up

Bottom line is Kiyaman = Fake ass Knicks fan. Never has anything positive to say and trys to make the worst out of every situtation. Even After we sign Donnie Walsh and D'antoni hasn't even givin them a chance before he starts trying to put every move they made far into the negative light.

metrocard

Legend
Bottom line is Kiyaman = Fake ass Knicks fan. Never has anything positive to say and trys to make the worst out of every situtation. Even After we sign Donnie Walsh and D'antoni hasn't even givin them a chance before he starts trying to put every move they made far into the negative light.

Chill.

Kiyaman is one of the best posters on this site, no need to call him out like that.
I agree with a lot of things he say and I disagree with a lot of things he says.
Respect is demanded with the way he presents his post and how much information he provides to this site.

He's been a Knick fan for decades, older than you.

He's just giving it a view from a different perspective we may not look at.

I mean yeah maybe he is just trying to look at things objectively but atleast give things a chance before knocking it immediately. I mean geez. Its like they can do no right with him

metrocard

Legend
I mean yeah maybe he is just trying to look at things objectively but atleast give things a chance before knocking it immediately. I mean geez. Its like they can do no right with him

Its hard to doubt Kiyaman on my part because he was with me against Isiah and the Isiahsexuals. We turned out to be right on our predictions.

This time, I'm rooting against Kiyaman and his predictions.

We don't need D'Antoni and Walsh to fail us, we've had enough failure...so its really a shakey situation, Kiyaman is like Nostradamus :lol:

Kiyaman

Legend
I probably would be rooting victoriously for Donnie Walsh if I did'nt start bashing him when Starks butted Reggie Miller in a game and Walsh wanted Starks to be suspended for 3 games and fined twice the amount.
When Reggie Miller tried the same trip move on Jordan earlier that same season, Jordan went after Miller and the two were throwing blows on court.
Walsh did'nt open his mouth once about Jordan throwing the first punch.

Here's a hint, the Knicks organization had big successful seasons year after year playing DEFENSE since Debuschier, Havacheck, Reed, Jax, Earl, Bibby, and steal a hub cap off a moving car Walt Frazier.
The Knicks just hired a coach that got FIRED because he refuse to have his players play defense for 3 straight years. Who uptempo system I give 90% of the creation and credit to "Nash & Matrix" strong Team-Leadership too.

The Knicks just added a 7th SF on their roster on draft night, and also added a 5th PG to their roster on 4th of July.
That equals 12 players with the big joke bigmen Stat-Zach, Lazy-Curry, and sleeping on the bench Jerome James.
The Knick Players were already fighting each other for playingtime in their natural position under coach Isiah Thomas. Now! with no trades yet to be made the players see the Knicks as more than a laughable joke than under Isiah.

Why should I lie to the members in this Knick forum on what a great job Walsh and D'Antoni has been doing, when all the Managers in the NBA league see a WIN for their team with this Knick roster. So why be the one to bail the Knicks out with a trade.

The Boston Celtics was a 24 win season team year ago when the Knicks were a 33 win season team.
The Portland Jailblazzers had enough pin balls to win the first lottery pick last year and became an above .500 team all season and just added PG Bayless and SF-Batum to their rotation.
The Clippers were even with the Knicks on having a 23 win season, whats wrong with keeping up on both teams offseason moves for improvement?

The 2010 Plan is an "EXCUSE" (which means failure all around the world) for not being able to change anything around by the last year of your contract.
Walsh could not trade Tinsley or Jermain O'Neal whom both should've been traded 2 years ago off of the Indiana Pacers roster.
What makes anyone think he could trade any of the Knicks head ache veteran players.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I probably would be rooting victoriously for Donnie Walsh if I did'nt start bashing him when Starks butted Reggie Miller in a game and Walsh wanted Starks to be suspended for 3 games and fined twice the amount.
When Reggie Miller tried the same trip move on Jordan earlier that same season, Jordan went after Miller and the two were throwing blows on court.
Walsh did'nt open his mouth once about Jordan throwing the first punch.

Here's a hint, the Knicks organization had big successful seasons year after year playing DEFENSE since Debuschier, Havacheck, Reed, Jax, Earl, Bibby, and steal a hub cap off a moving car Walt Frazier.
The Knicks just hired a coach that got FIRED because he refuse to have his players play defense for 3 straight years. Who uptempo system I give 90% of the creation and credit to "Nash & Matrix" strong Team-Leadership too.

The Knicks just added a 7th SF on their roster on draft night, and also added a 5th PG to their roster on 4th of July.
That equals 12 players with the big joke bigmen Stat-Zach, Lazy-Curry, and sleeping on the bench Jerome James.
The Knick Players were already fighting each other for playingtime in their natural position under coach Isiah Thomas. Now! with no trades yet to be made the players see the Knicks as more than a laughable joke than under Isiah.

Why should I lie to the members in this Knick forum on what a great job Walsh and D'Antoni has been doing, when all the Managers in the NBA league see a WIN for their team with this Knick roster. So why be the one to bail the Knicks out with a trade.

I agree with Kiyaman. You're speaking nothing but the truth. The Knicks should've tried to make big moves, just like the Clippers did. There's still the rest of the summer to make moves, but now that Walsh drafted another small forward and he spent the MLE exception, we're basically at the mercy of another team to agree to a sign and trade. Walsh has connections with the Pacers, though, so you never know what may happen with that.

I agree with Kiyaman. You're speaking nothing but the truth. The Knicks should've tried to make big moves, just like the Clippers did. There's still the rest of the summer to make moves, but now that Walsh drafted another small forward and he spent the MLE exception, we're basically at the mercy of another team to agree to a sign and trade. Walsh has connections with the Pacers, though, so you never know what may happen with that.

But how do you know that the Knicks didn't try to make big moves? And even if they did try they probably wouldn't have been able to do to their horrible cap situation created by Isiah. Look bottom line is the Knicks are in no position whatsoever to make any big sigings or trades because the way the roster is currently constructed who would make a deal like that with us? Especially when our goal is to be under the cap by 2010 why would we add on a superstar who probably has a big contract that runs on for a few years.

metrocard

Legend

I agree.

Isiah wasted 5 years of the Knicks organization.

I want to build a Dynasty to a slap to Isiah and his rape of the Knicks.