International Players More Hype than Hope

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
The dwindling international star

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/may/2008/06/28/the-dwindling-international-star/

In his first five years on the job as the man in charge of basketball operations for the Boston Celtics, Danny Ainge made so many trips to Europe he could have arranged for dual citizenship in any number of countries.

This year, he didn?t go at all.

It?s not that the Celtics didn?t scout international players; Ainge is a big fan of the Knicks? draftee, Danilo Gallinari, having seen him in the flesh many times as well as on tape. But in Ainge?s opinion, the just-concluded NBA draft wasn?t exactly overflowing with jaw-dropping international talent.

?I think it?s deep not with star-type players, but with a lot of role players,?? he said. ?And I think a lot of them will make the league.?

And a lot of them will probably stay exactly where they are.

It may be simplistic to suggest that the bloom is off the international rose, but a number of happenings, including the just-concluded NBA Finals, have managed to at least put a hold on the NBA?s fascination with all things international. Or, we should add, with the NBA teams? fascination. David Stern can still tell you how many daily hits nba.com gets from the most remote stretches of Slovenia.

The NBA and basketball observers everywhere have been consumed by the international game for awhile, but things really got serious after Argentina took apart the United States at the 2002 World Championships. Since then, US teams of NBA stars have been beaten in major international competitions by Spain, Yugoslavia, Puerto Rico, Lithuania, Argentina (again) and Greece.

But with few exceptions (Manu Ginobili, Pau Gasol pre-2008 Finals) those teams did not possess NBA ?star-type? players (to quote Ainge) and won mainly because of their teamwork. They were the epitome of the tired but true clich?: the whole is much greater than the sum of its parts. They knew each other and played like it. Lithuania did have an unquestioned European star in Sarunas Jasikevicius, but he bombed big-time when tried to make the jump across the pond.

Greece didn?t even have an NBA player on its team, unless you count Vassilis Spanoulis, who sat on the Houston bench for a year, was traded to San Antonio, and then went back to Europe. He may be one of the few players in NBA history to buy his way out of his contract. Usually, it?s the team that does that.

Gallinari was the sixth pick in the draft and the only international player in the top 19. (Somewhere, Dick Vitale and Lou Dobbs are smiling.) Among the other first-rounders taken, virtually all of them had a biographical attachment saying ?expected to remain in Europe for more seasoning.?

If Gallinari becomes one of those ?star-type? players, he will be the first international All-Star out of the NBA draft in six years. That was the year that Yao Ming went No. 1 overall and he has proven to be well worth the time, money and energy the Rockets expended to get him to the United States.

By that time, players like Dirk Nowitzki (9th overall in 1998) and Gasol (3rd overall in 2001) had proven to be ?star-type? players; Gasol was the Rookie of the Year in 2002 and Nowitzki won the league?s MVP in 2007. Ginobili would prove to be a key part of the 2003 NBA champion Spurs a year later.

But a more revealing pick in 2002 came just four spots after Yao. With players like Caron Butler and Amare Stoudemire on the board, the Denver Nuggets selected Nikoloz Tskitishvili. He was reputed to be the next Gasol. Oh well.

Then came the classic goof made by the otherwise astute Joe Dumars, who took Darko Milicic in 2003 over the likes of Chris Bosh, Carmelo Anthony and Dwayne Wade. Yes, the Pistons won the NBA title that year without much from young Darko, but you get the feeling they might have won another (or two) had Dumars taken any of the other three fellows that fateful June night?

You also get the feeling the Orlando Magic might be further along had they not completely blown the 2005 draft by using a lottery pick on Fran Vazquez, who has yet to play a single NBA minute and quite possibly never will?

Out of all the Europeans drafted since 2003 ? and almost 30 of them were first rounders from 2003-2007 ? there have been only a few who have had any discernable impact in the league. And that includes the No. 1 overall pick in 2006, Italian Andrea Bargnani. The best thing the Raptors can say about him now is that with the addition of Jermaine O?Neal, Bargnani can go back to the bench. He may eventually become worthy of his draft selection, but, to date, he hasn?t. And the Bucks had one year to look at Yi Jianlian, the No. 6 pick in 2007, and traded him. Eventually, he, too, might become a star.

What do we make of all this? First, the NBA may have exhausted the immediate talent overseas and needs to wait for another cycle. Second, it?s no longer a stigma for some of these players to not play in the NBA. Jasikevicius is happy where he is. Vazquez, presumably, is as well, along with Spanoulis, who was so homesick in Houston even with his mother living with him. Tiago Splitter is likely to remain in Spain where he can be paid more than what the Spurs can offer him. And in Euros.

But here?s another possibility, which we saw first-hand in the NBA Finals. Most of these international players don?t play defense. (Andrei Kirilenko being the notable exception). That doesn?t necessarily constitute news, or a dirty little secret, but it was painfully obvious to anyone who paid more than casual attention to the NBA Finals.

One of the enduring snapshots from that series was when Ray Allen, who had played the entire game, blew by a bewildered Sasha Vujacic for an uncontested layup in the final minute to seal the remarkable come-from-behind win for the Celtics. Vujacic could be seen holding his hands up as if to say, ?what happened?? Similarly, Vladimir Radmanovic was a total cipher and couldn?t stay near Paul Pierce while Gasol appeared overwhelmed most of the series, a performance that undoubtedly drew a lot of chuckles in Memphis.

In the balloting for the 2008 Defensive Player of the Year award, Kirilenko was the only international player to get a vote. He got one. When the coaches picked their 2008 All-Defensive team, 36 players got votes. Three ? Kirilenko, Ginobili and Andres Nocioni ? got votes and none was close to making either of the two teams.

Defense was behind the success of the Spurs over the years. (And no, Tony Parker can?t guard his shadow, but he has been drilled relentlessly by Gregg Popovich into how to play a team concept.) This year?s Celtics? team, which had no international players, won with its defense. But how many Kevin Garnetts are out there, even in the United States?

NBA executives will still spend and scout extensively overseas for, as we?ve seen in ever NBA draft, it?s a good futures pool. They?re not going to suddenly turn into hoop xenophobes and, as noted, the jury is still out on players like Bargnani and Yi.

But how many more teams need to win a title, like this year?s Celtics, before teams start talking about defense the way they do about offense? No one is talking about Gallinari?s defense - and his new coach in New York isn?t exactly known for it either. And to top it off, the poor kid got booed when he was announced to the New York fans attending the 2008 NBA draft at Madison Square Garden.

What else could he expect from the team that drafted Frederic Weis?

metrocard

Legend
Unlike others, Gallinari is proven.

Proven Euro players who produce in competitive leagues and are on winning teams proved to be successful NBA players. That is fact, you should do your research so you could know who those players are. Every good international NBA player produced in a competitive league on a winning team. Gallinari done that in a different level at 19 and basically had a Lebron James type impact in Europe. That what makes him so special.

Young Euros who don't get minutes in Europe and are drafted on projections turn out to be bust (Darko, Nicoloz, etc)

Weis actually isn't a bad player; he just decided to stay in Europe.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Weis stayed in Europe cause Vince Carter killed him in the Olympics with what I refer to as the "Facial heard round the world".

I read this after I made the similar remark on this website. It feels good to know that I'm a genius!

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Unlike others, Gallinari is proven.

Proven Euro players who produce in competitive leagues and are on winning teams proved to be successful NBA players. That is fact, you should do your research so you could know who those players are. Every good international NBA player produced in a competitive league on a winning team. Gallinari done that in a different level at 19 and basically had a Lebron James type impact in Europe. That what makes him so special.

Young Euros who don't get minutes in Europe and are drafted on projections turn out to be bust (Darko, Nicoloz, etc)

Weis actually isn't a bad player; he just decided to stay in Europe.

I've heard that same crap about other supposedly well seasoned European players just like this article point's out that just cannot simply cut it.

Till I see this kid in a real game situation go up against a Ron Artest he's not worth the Euro's he's converting his check too.

I've heard that same crap about other supposedly well seasoned European players just like this article point's out that just cannot simply cut it.

Till I see this kid in a real game situation go up against a Ron Artest he's not worth the Euro's he's converting his check too.

Co-sign 110%!

Like you said all the crap about this player being proven or what not has been said for many of those European bust that were in the NBA. I won't pass any judgement on Galinari before I see him on the court, but he's gonna have to show me he's NBA material once he does step onto the hardwood.

metrocard

Legend

No one in the NBA could handle Ron Artest's physically and defensive prowess.

It isn't really crap, its 100% factual.

Every PROVEN Euro player has succeeded in the NBA except for Sarunas Janicakeus.
Every UNPROVEN Euro player hasn't except probably for Andreas Biedrins.

Why must you be a moron because you don't have enough background on other leagues? There are BUST from HS, NCAA, Euroleague, Latin America, and Asia.

You need to research what the player has DONE, in what LEAGUE and COMPETITION before you judge where he is from.

Its really ignorant to say otherwise.

This article is crap and is poorly written. The only players he mentions is Vasquez who decided to stay in Europe for the money, and Sarunas who isn't that good of a guard to begin with.

Last edited:

jpz17

Starter

Every PROVEN Euro player has succeeded in the NBA except for Sarunas Janicakeus.

Why must you be a moron because you don't have enough background on other leagues? There are BUST from HS, NCAA, Euroleague, Latin America, and Asia.

You to research what the player has DONE, in what LEAGUE and COMPETITION before you judge where he is from.

This article is crap and is poorly written. The only players he mentions is Vasquez who decided to stay in Europe for the money, and Sarunas who isn't that good of a guard to begin with.

:agreed: !!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I agree with metro and i predict that the big cock will be one of the 5 best european players ever...right now i think ginobilis the best with dirk in 2nd and the often injured yao bling bling ming in 3rd.

metrocard

Legend
Too bad Italy didn't make it to the FIBA Championship game, they're loaded with talent. Man, imagine if Ginobili played for Italy? His dad is Italian and started his basketball career in Italy.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Danilo Gallinari is not the kind of player the Knicks needed, because the Knicks didn't need a small forward. Wilson Chandler and Renaldo Balkman should've been our two main small forwards for next year, because they were our two most productive small forwards in the 07-08 season. It would've been more logical to have drafted PG DJ Augustin, PG/SG Jarryd Bayless, or
C/PF Brook Lopez.

However, I don't think Gallinari is going to be a bust. According to this website: http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/...-Gallinari.php , and according to NBA.com, Isiah Thomas gave a "strong recommendation" to pick Gallinari. Since Isiah Thomas usually drafts role players(Channing Frye, Renaldo Balkman, Nate Robinson, Mardy Collins, Fred Jones, David Lee) that's most likely how Gallinari is going to end up.

With that being said, Gallinari is probably going to average between 10-16 ppg, on a good fg%, for most of his career, and he will likely never become a star. I'm not a fan of the pick, but he most likely isn't going to be a bust. However, he also most likely won't be able to help the team win, because the team's surrounded with scrubs. I could see him helping the team win, if we had decent players on the team, but we don't, so that's not gonna happen.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer

You need to research what the player has DONE, in what LEAGUE and COMPETITION before you judge where he is from.

I'll state this again for the hearing impaired...

Out of all the Europeans drafted since 2003 ? and almost 30 of them were first rounders from 2003-2007 ? there have been only a few who have had any discernable impact in the league. And that includes the No. 1 overall pick in 2006, Italian Andrea Bargnani.

The best thing the Raptors can say about him now is that with the addition of Jermaine O?Neal, Bargnani can go back to the bench. He may eventually become worthy of his draft selection, but, to date, he hasn?t. And the Bucks had one year to look at Yi Jianlian, the No. 6 pick in 2007, and traded him. Eventually, he, too, might become a star.

Dirk has proved he can't handle the playoffs...wasn't he the MVP that got ****ing owned in the same year they were the team to beat.

Gasol proved it was all talk in Memphis and when he got his dream shot on a much much better ball club...couldn't deliver.

AK-47 just proves he's firing blanks now...takes too many plays off during the game..and faded away in the playoffs...

Yao Ming...still has yet to show any type of dominance..especially since post-Shaq for those few brief years he was in the East. And is now Center #2 still behind a depleted Shaq.

Darko still ain't/never will be shit.

Carlos Arroyo only gets it up for PR.

Luis Scola..proved his powers only work during the regular season.

Andrew Bogut...call the FBI..the cocksmoker is impersonating a Center.

Bargnani..completely faked his way to the top.

Peja...once again reformed to his only ways as a KING..great for the season..come playoff time...SUSPECT. Chris Paul had to keep it together by himself. Bowen manned him up and it was over.

Don't tell me Steve Nash or Tim Duncan...one's from a US territory..and the other from America Light.

Most International Players still ain't shit..and yes if I had to have a bust..I'd rather take an American.

Pricey

Rotation player
I'll state this again for the hearing impaired...

Out of all the Europeans drafted since 2003 ? and almost 30 of them were first rounders from 2003-2007 ? there have been only a few who have had any discernable impact in the league. And that includes the No. 1 overall pick in 2006, Italian Andrea Bargnani.

The best thing the Raptors can say about him now is that with the addition of Jermaine O?Neal, Bargnani can go back to the bench. He may eventually become worthy of his draft selection, but, to date, he hasn?t. And the Bucks had one year to look at Yi Jianlian, the No. 6 pick in 2007, and traded him. Eventually, he, too, might become a star.

Dirk has proved he can't handle the playoffs...wasn't he the MVP that got ****ing owned in the same year they were the team to beat.

Gasol proved it was all talk in Memphis and when he got his dream shot on a much much better ball club...couldn't deliver.

AK-47 just proves he's firing blanks now...takes too many plays off during the game..and faded away in the playoffs...

Yao Ming...still has yet to show any type of dominance..especially since post-Shaq for those few brief years he was in the East. And is now Center #2 still behind a depleted Shaq.

Darko still ain't/never will be shit.

Carlos Arroyo only gets it up for PR.

Luis Scola..proved his powers only work during the regular season.

Andrew Bogut...call the FBI..the cocksmoker is impersonating a Center.

Bargnani..completely faked his way to the top.

Peja...once again reformed to his only ways as a KING..great for the season..come playoff time...SUSPECT. Chris Paul had to keep it together by himself. Bowen manned him up and it was over.

Don't tell me Steve Nash or Tim Duncan...one's from a US territory..and the other from America Light.

Most International Players still ain't shit..and yes if I had to have a bust..I'd rather take an American.
Let me start of by saying Andrew Bogut is not European, thats just plain ignorant.

This article is just a waste of time. Seriously there are few guaranteed success stories from being drafted into the NBA like Duncan, Kobe, LeBron.
How many American players who had a reputation become busts? fking more then Europeran. Dont be ignorant. The only issue is if you go overseas to draft a player when there is someone in America that is defintiley better and if they bust then it looks bad. There are no guarantees after the first 3 picks that anyone will have guaranteed success in the NBA.

metrocard

Legend
You're probably the worst at understanding simple facts.

Look at the international guys without NCAA experience that have fully succeded in the NBA lately:

Predrag Stojakovic(NBA all star, one of the best shooters in NBA history) was selected in the 1996 draft, but come to the NBA until the 98-99 season. Previously he played with PAOK in the Greek League and averaged 23.9 points with very tough competition. He was on an elite team also.

Dirk Nowitzki(MVP, All star, Top 10 player) helped his team get promoted to First German Division right before being picked in the 1998 draft. He was the league's top scorer with 21.4 ppg and third rebounder with 8.4 rpg.

Pau Gasol's(All star, top 10 big man) dominance in the ACB(best league outside the NBA) League during the 2000-2001 season helped him earned MVP honours at the King's Cup, leading F.C. Barcelona to a perfect 9-0 record during the playoffs.

Andrei Kirilenko(All star, elite defensive player) was the MVP in his last season in the Russian Superleague. He averaged 19.2 points and 8.7 rebounds for Russia at the European Championships in the summer of 2001.

Yao Ming(Elite center, all star, best offensive center in the NBA since Shaq) had Chamberlain-esque stats in China the season before he was chosen by the Rockets averaged 32.4 points (with 72% on FG), 19 rebounds and 4.8 blocked shots, and lead the Shangai Sharks to their first CBA title.

Manu Ginobili(All star, NBA champion, probably the best SG in the NBA behind Kobe) won all kinds of tournaments; Euroleague, Italian league and Italian Cup) and MVP trophies before joining the Spurs in 2002(He was drafted in 1999). He led Argentina to a silver medal in Indiannapolis, making history after beating USA badly. Ginobili won a couple of championships also, making him one of the most successful basketball players in the history of basketball, winning a championship in every league he's been.

Tony Parker(All star, NBA champion, elite PG.
His last season in France with Paris Basket Racing (2000-2001), he only averaged 14.7 points and 5.6 assists. Not great numbers, but Parker always was scouted for his blazing speed. An elite athlete.

Here's the pattern.
Big accomplishers who are developed and contribute to their overseas teams and making them win against very good competition most of the time turn out to be very successful in the NBA.

Nikoloz Tskitishvili and Darko Milicic were benchwarmers in Europe. If anyone's to blame its the stupid GM's who draft these guys so high and draft proven guys like Parker and Ginobili so low. Bottom line players like those aren't ready and will never be ready to live to the expectation.
This strategy of drafting and signing immature European teenagers has backfired on many teams.

Andrea Bargnani will be just a taller Antwain Jamison without the rebounding skills.

He shouldn't be considered a bust yet.

Yi Jianlian got GAME and will produce in the NBA. He has post skills, can block shots, has freakish athlecism for a 7 footer, range from 3pt and loves to rebound and bang in the post.

Yao is # 2 behind Shaq? You don't even know your center rankings.

Dwight Howard is the best center in the NBA. Or Even Amare.
Yao was number 1 for a while also.
Shaq hasn't been the same and isn't even a top 5 center in the NBA no more, where you been?

Arroyo is a C+ level PG, undrafted. No one expected him to make the NBA and he still managed to produce respectfully in the league.

Luis Scola is a NBA rookie who averaged 14 PPG and 9.3 rebounds in the PLAYOFFS, you said he only does work in the REG season. Damn, you are wrong again, no suprise.
Luis Scola was another SUCESSFUL EUROLEAGUE player who made the all rookie team and will continue to be a very good starter for the Rockets next to Yao.

Bogut averages almost 15 ppg, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks. Thats not bad at all, nor a BUST.

I bet if Oden was from FRANCE, you would be calling him out for being "Too soft" and use that for the reason why he missed the whole year.

You're trying too hard.
Not coming with the facts.
Failing miserably with each sentence you write.

Peja is a career 18 and 5 player and was drafted 14th overall...STFU. Theres more American BUST in the playoffs too, do I have to call them out to make a point? Not even you are that dumb to not realize it.
But I'm going to do that.

At 14th in 1996, Peja was selected.
The next year at 14th in 1997 Maurice Taylor was selected.
1998, Michael Dickerson was selected.
1999, William Avery was selected.
2000, Mateen Cleaves
2001, Troy Murphy
2002, Fred Jones
2003, Luke Ridnour
2004, Kris Humphries
2005, Rashad McCants
2006, Ronnie Brewer

Here's trivia for you.
Who was the best player at 14 in the last 10 years in the NBA Draft?
AN INTERNATIONAL PLAYER FROM YUGOSLAVIA :teeth:
Dude, 9 of those American BUST don't even combine together to have the career Peja had. I just pointed out more bust than you did in one simple point. You think I'm done? LOL...theres a reason why dudes avoid to get in debates with me here, the facts I bring are HEAVY.

Last 10 years 1998-2008, NBA draft lottery bust from U.S.A.
1998(LOL majority bust)
Michael Olowokandi
Raef LaFrentz
Robert Traylor
Jason Williams
Bonzi Wells
Micheal Doleac
Keon Clark
Michael Dickerson
Bryce Drew

1999(Good draft, Ginobili happened to be the best player from this draft and went number 58)
Jonathan Bender
William Avery
Trajan Langdon

2000(LMAO wow)
Stromile Swift
Darius Miles
Demarr Johnson
Marcus Fizer
Chris Mihm
Jamal Crawford
Joel Przybilla
Keyon Dooling
Courtney Alexander
Etan Thomas
Mateen Cleaves
Jason Collier

2001(LMAO Gasol happened to be the best player from this draft)
Kwame Brown
Eddy Curry
Shane Battier(Role players aren't drafted at 6, 10 and 4 for his career)
Eddie Griffin
Rodney White(LMAO, he's playing in Puerto Rico now)
Kedrick Brown
Steven Hunter
Kirk Haston
Jason Collins
Michael Bradley
Joseph Forte

2002(Yao, yet another INT'L best player from the draft)
Jay Williams
Dajuan Wagner
Melvin Ely
Chris Wilcox
Our very own, Jared Jeffries
Marcus Haislip
Fred Jones

I didn't list Dunleavy or Gooden, but they didn't turn out to be anything special for number 3 and 4 picks.

non lottery
Juan Dixon (successful college player, terrible NBA player)
Curtis Borchardt
Casey Jacobson
Ryan Humphrey
Kareem Rush

2003 was one of the greatest drafts in NBA history.
Sweetney though.
T.J. Ford didn't live up to hype, got traded 3 times already.
Hinrich is average.
Jarvis Hayes?
Marcus Banks is a scrub
Collinson is average
Troy Bell and Reece Gaines aren't even in the NBA.

Emeka Okafor(didn't live up to potential for # 2 pick)
Shaun Livingston
Devin Harris
Josh Childress
Luke Jackson
Robert Swift
Kris Humphries
Sebestain Telfair(sorry, he's one of my favorites but was another USA lottery bust)

Marvin Williams
Martell Webster
Charlie V
Channing Frye
Ike Diougu
Sean May
Rashad McCants
Antoine Wright
Joey Graham
Gerald Green
Julius Hodge

Adam Morrison
Tyrus Thomas
Shelden Williams
Randy Foye
Patrick O'Bryant
J.J. Redick
Hilton Armstrong
Cedric Simmons
Shawne Williams

2007...to be decided

2008..to be decided.

Diaw, Barbosa, Bell are all contributors on Phoneix.
Turkyglu won most improved player and has become the vocal point on offense for the Magic. He's a 20/5/4 player.
Nicioni has been the Bulls most consistant player, ask most Bulls fans.
Jose Calderon is one of the best PG's in the NBA, T.J. Ford could be considered a BUST since he was traded 3 times already and hasn't lived up to expectations.
Parker and Garbojosa are NBA starting material.
Spurs stock piled on international talent and proved you could suceed in the NBA with European style of basketball (rugged, defensive basketball with fundamental pick and roll on offense)

I'm a NBA/Draft/Int'l basketball guru, I follow this deeply since 2004. I come heavy with the knowledge and research, so if you want to actually make this is a debate instead of a slaughter, I suggest for you to step up your weight.

The **** you expect every non-USA guy to dominate the league? You're logic is the most retarded one I seen, on some real talk. No attempt to disrespect you, I respect your post, but I never seen anyone this dumb on such a topic.

NOW THAT'S A WRAP .

metrocard

Legend
I don't think Morrison is a bust, he has only played his rookie season. He missed the entire sophomore campaign.

He's a bust.
Terrible at defense.
Not even a good shooter in the NBA, he shoots as bad as Duhon.

The ****ing guy shoots 37% FG and 33% 3pt and 71% FT

What is he GOOD at? He was awful anytime he played. His game isn't built for the NBA.

11 points in 30 minutes too...dude is just terrible at everything he does. He has no real strengths.

metrocard

Legend
udoneforthenight34.jpg

TunerAddict

Starter
You can't be a bust after one season. Shit, its still too early to see if Darko is a bust, the guy is younger then LeBron.

metrocard

Legend
You can't be a bust after one season. Shit, its still too early to see if Darko is a bust, the guy is younger then LeBron.

Morrison has no potential to live up to the hype of where he was picked.
Same with Darko.

Darko is an elite shot blocker, but he's an asshole who doesn't work hard and has a history of not playing hard in practice with poor ethic, he won't get any better.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
So what do you think the spurs chances are without Duncan? Get real Ginobili is a good player, but he's the beneficiary of Tim Duncan's absolute greatness. Duncan is the only spur, besides Robinson, that will be heading to Springfield.

Stojacovic - Folds in the playoffs after great players get him somewhere (Chris Webber)

Dirk Nowitzki - elite cause the media says so. Josh Howard was the only one who showed up in the Finals Vs. Miami. He (Dirk) got shut down by...Udonis Haslem.

Pau Gasol - If you watched this years finals, you know the answer to this one as well. Dunked on Garnett in the series. Then proceeded to have an on court view of how to play PF by KG, who killed him. Don't believe me? Then why'd the Lakers lose by 39 in the deciding game?

Andrei Kirilenko - Spends more time crying than playing. Paul Milsap has made where Utah is now considering offers for AK-47, who 2 seasons ago was untouchable.

Saying these cats are busts are reality. Not hate. Are there more busts that are american? Sure, that's by volume. Not everyone can be a star. If you were starting a team tommorow, you wouldn't pick any of the aforementioned players first. You pick an American. The fact of the matter is the nba is dominated by Black american males. Don't like the reality go watch some other league.