Michael Sweetney

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Very impressive. I am glad that he got the nod ahead of Othella.

8 points
4 rebounds
14 minutes

Good to see that Lenny is gaining confidence in his abilities. :gony:

e_D

Benchwarmer
i agree, sweets looked excellent out there. I like how he played in the post. he needs a bit more work, but hes definately comin together nicely. the knicks developmental coaches are doin a hell of a job.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
I really think that he can be a force in the league. I like how he goes after rebounds. With Kareem and Mark Aguirre working with him, he can be really special.

jayp

Benchwarmer
yeah, especially with kareem.. he is being taught by one of the greatest post players ever.. maybe he'll teach sweet the skyhook, haha :lol:

e_D

Benchwarmer
yo everytime i see this kid Im more impressed. he's tenacious! he didnt really do much tonight stat wise, but his intangibles are sick. hes a real bull in the post when hes backin down and when hes holding down the d. as he gets more minutes i think he'll be valuble to this team

WiL8000

Rotation player
"This losing has got to end. Sweetney is playing well at least. I hope the Knicks continue to intergrate him into their system. He and Dermarr are the key youth the Knicks have. I would say the same about Williams but I don't think that the Knicks will keep him after this season, even though they should.

jayp

Benchwarmer
i didnt get to watch the game but from the posts you made it looks like sweet is gonna be a force down low..

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Glad he got the start ahead of Othella but I wish he didn't get into early foul troubl. He could have really helped us rebounding. Hope Lenny gives him another start.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
@ Philly

9 rebounds in 9 minutes

4 offensive boards

Lenny should have given him some OT minutes.
Maybe we would have won then. At the least Sweetney would have grabbed some much needed rebounds

jayp

Benchwarmer
Sweetney looks promising.. he should be in rotation next season.. that way we can trade othella for a backup playmaker..

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
Sweetney NEEDS more minutes!!!! This guy can really rebound and he's always in the right place at the right time. Much better than Nazr! Sweets will be a star in this league because of his knowledge of the game! GO MICHAEL SWEETNEY!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Sweetney Watch!!

9 rebounds
2 offensive
21 minutes

Vin had 7 offensive boards. I hope he can keep that up since only Sweetney pulls down off. boards consistently. They'll make a great combo

e_D

Benchwarmer
man its like sweets came outta no where. from IL in the Layden/Chaney era to the bull he's become now, it's kinda shocking. how could Layden/Chaney not notice his talent back then?

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
I think Layden and Chaney are suspect when it comes to recognizing talent.

FW was stuck behind Eisley and Ward for how long?
When he was finally given minutes, they went on a 4 games winning streak!

e_D

Benchwarmer
AJD said:
Next year Sweets'll be our 2nd best player. Mark my words!

you could be right. but what would happen with our rotation if that's the case? sweet's stays 6th man? or start him at PF [if thomas is traded]? i think he'd fit the role better as a solid 6th man. he's still young after all, and a solid spark off the bench would be a plus [instead of duds like shandon and moochie..]