MLB Trade deadline 2008

jpz17

Starter
Predict your trades and stuff here, also discuss trades and playoffs...

Here is the MLB trade deadline '08 so far....

Cubs get Rich Harden and Chad Gaudin for Gallagher, Murton, Patterson, and catching prospect Josh Donaldson

Brewers acquire CC Sabathia

more to come later!

Paul1355

All Star
Cubs have a good starting rotation...Zambrano,Harden,Dempster,Gaudin...good starting 4

WTF wit the Yankees we can afford anyone get Harden! we need a SP Ace we cant survive on Mike Mussina!

mets should sign barry bonds. i really could care less about the clubhouse shit. the mets need a bat and he's one of the best out there.

jpz17

Starter
maybe they could trade for a Athletic or Marlin, they seem to always trade their good players...

Man Dan Uggla as a met, I could see it

Paul1355

All Star
Omar is the Mets problem

maybe they could trade for a Athletic or Marlin, they seem to always trade their good players...

Man Dan Uggla as a met, I could see it

haha you mets fans are thinkin of dreams...look at your team..Hispanic all the way...you think Omar Minaya is gonna try to get a white player? look at what he traded away and paid huge contracts to luis castillo, moises alou, beltran 10 mil year?, i was shocked when he got ryan church and schneider from washington cuz there white. If David Wright wasnt so damn good he'd trade him too. I think Manaya needs to be shipped out of the Mets it wasnt Willie Randolph that F'ed it up last year and this year it's Omar's dumb trades he makes. Spanish players are great and the best in baseball but when you trade away white guys better with more potential and talent for some bums like luis castillo and moises alou that are washups...and please, jose reyes is a good hitter and fast as hell but he's the biggest baby and clubhouse negative a team could have....when i saw him throw his hat after Delgado made an error...i said to myself this guy is the type of guy that ruins chemistry..its true. I dont care if your A-Rod you show up a teammate like that and cause problems your out of there ...traded and shipped no exceptions. Thats the way the Mets should be and if they were smart they'd get a new GM.

Paul1355

All Star
Need starting pitching maybe get rid of Posada

us yankee fans need an Ace pitcher and another solid one...were week on the starting pitching and we might have to trade Posada...his arm is bad and unless his hitting numbers go back to last year i think we can get another good catcher for him..and younger

jpz17

Starter
We will have dominate bullpen next year.
Brian Bruney Back
Albaljadeo (sp) back
Edwar Ramirez
Jose Veraz
Humberto Sanchez back
Kyle Farnsworth (most hot and cold player ever, hate him, cut him)
Letroy Hawkins
Andrew Brackman
Pavano
Kenedey
Chase Wright
Billy Traber
Ohlendorph
Karstens
MO!!!!!!

Starting 5
------------------------
Wang
Joba
Pettite
Mussina

FIGHT
Hughes
Kenedey
Rasner
Ponson

A lot to fight for one spot

Paul1355

All Star
We will have dominate bullpen next year.
Brian Bruney Back
Albaljadeo (sp) back
Edwar Ramirez
Jose Veraz
Humberto Sanchez back
Kyle Farnsworth (most hot and cold player ever, hate him, cut him)
Letroy Hawkins
Andrew Brackman
Pavano
Kenedey
Chase Wright
Billy Traber
Ohlendorph
Karstens
MO!!!!!!

Starting 5
------------------------
Wang
Joba
Pettite
Mussina

FIGHT
Hughes
Kenedey
Rasner
Ponson

A lot to fight for one spot

I know your naming everyone but i want to give a little analisyt on that...
1)First off Albadelejo is a reliever so far never heard him as a starter if he can be one even better
2)Farnsworth is hot and cold but ever since Joba became a starter he's proven himself a decent set up man and when he's hot he's on of the best in baseball
3)BUnch of relievers in their are question marks some are definite...Pavano is the biggest dissapointment i have ever seen.....Hawkins, Kennedy, Chase Wright, Billy Traber(good curveball), Orlendorhf and Karstens all could be eventually traded

For the starters...
1)Mussina has really come through im proud of him...
2)Joba and Wang are solid starters but we need an Ace...
3)Wang showed last year in the playoffs he cant be our #1 pitcher he's too hot and cold, if his sinker isnt good were finished
4)Pettite might be in his last year as we speak which means...yes BIG TIME LEFTY STARTER is a MUST
5) Rasner and Ponson have come through nicely but they might eventually fold the 2nd half of this year or next year they arent as reliable as most starters but i hope they do good.
So basically your looking at
Relievers
Edwar Ramirez
Jose Veras
Bruney
Not sure which one-Alabadejo/Humberto Sanchez/Billy Traber (he's the only lefty)
Set up- Farnsworth
Closer- Mariano

Starters
1Possible Lefty Ace
2Wang
3Joba
4Mussina
5Rasner/Ponson

jpz17

Starter
wrong Pettitte guarenteed hes pitching next year, Ponson will be gone after this year I think. Hughes will DOMINATE!!!!!!!! and Kenedy will pitch like Musinna, Albaladejo will kick butt, Bruney will dominate at set-up. Hawkins will leave. Humberto Sanchez will be our #2 reliver. Jose Veras is proven to be decent. Kei Igawa (bust) could be a decent long reliver

Paul1355

All Star
wrong Pettitte guarenteed hes pitching next year, Ponson will be gone after this year I think. Hughes will DOMINATE!!!!!!!! and Kenedy will pitch like Musinna, Albaladejo will kick butt, Bruney will dominate at set-up. Hawkins will leave. Humberto Sanchez will be our #2 reliver. Jose Veras is proven to be decent. Kei Igawa (bust) could be a decent long reliver

WHOA you obviously think that every Yankees player will come out to be Mariano lol.
1) Pettite never guranteed anything he said that IF HIS ARM IS GOOD he would like to open in the new stadium next year.
2)Ponson wll prob be gone but i liked his come back...proves my point to get another top starter.
3)Hughes BLEW this year and suddenly looked like a bust...absolutely no gurantee he will "DOMINATE" after seeing his low velocity, no wins performance this year.
4)Kennedy will be like Mussina? When he stops getting rocked ill start to trust him again.
5) Bruney set up???? He has a BIG PROBLEM=WALKS PEOPLE! not good for a set up man..hes a solid middle reliever with great stuff.
6) Humberto is good and i have high hopes for him
7) Alabdejo will kick butt....as a reliever.
8) Jose Veras isnt decent...he is a very good reliever, best middle man we have right now.
9) Kei Igawa is a minor leager

jpz17

Starter
WHOA you obviously think that every Yankees player will come out to be Mariano lol.
1) Pettite never guranteed anything he said that IF HIS ARM IS GOOD he would like to open in the new stadium next year.
2)Ponson wll prob be gone but i liked his come back...proves my point to get another top starter.
3)Hughes BLEW this year and suddenly looked like a bust...absolutely no gurantee he will "DOMINATE" after seeing his low velocity, no wins performance this year.
4)Kennedy will be like Mussina? When he stops getting rocked ill start to trust him again.
5) Bruney set up???? He has a BIG PROBLEM=WALKS PEOPLE! not good for a set up man..hes a solid middle reliever with great stuff.
6) Humberto is good and i have high hopes for him
7) Alabdejo will kick butt....as a reliever.
8) Jose Veras isnt decent...he is a very good reliever, best middle man we have right now.
9) Kei Igawa is a minor leager

pettitte said as long as he is healthy, there is no way he won't play next year!
Veras is good, I saw it in him last year
BRUNEY IS THE BEST RELIVER WE GOT! besides MO
Humberto could be the next closer
Albaladejo will be good
HUGHES HAS BEEN SLIGHTLY INJURED SINCE SPRING TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE IS A FUTURE CY YOUNG!

Paul1355

All Star
pettitte said as long as he is healthy, there is no way he won't play next year!
Veras is good, I saw it in him last year
BRUNEY IS THE BEST RELIVER WE GOT! besides MO
Humberto could be the next closer
Albaladejo will be good
HUGHES HAS BEEN SLIGHTLY INJURED SINCE SPRING TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE IS A FUTURE CY YOUNG!

as i said before dont think every pitcher will turn out to be the next Mariano...you have high hopes for too many players
Bruney is a good reliever i said he has great stuff but not as a set up man he's too wild

Our main agrument was Hughes who hasnt played in a while since his winless pitching this year...if he does not improve...i see a bust...if he doesnt get his velocity up....i see a bust...if he doesnt get a damn win...bust and trade will happen im now thinking of holding him for Santana which now seems like the logical choice but i liked Hughes too b4 this year...but this year he made me question a little bit.

metrocard

Legend
Dan Giese is very solid, keep him.
Edwar Ramirez is one of our most talented relievers with a lot of room for improvement, very efficient pitcher with a lot of nasty stuff, keep him.
Jose Veras `1.12 WHIP, nasty pitcher doesn't give up a lot of hits either, keep him. Only 27 or 28.
Jonathan Albaladejo is very young at 26 with a lot of potential to be a good reliever, big pitcher with a lot of movement on his pitches, keep him.
Ross Ohlendorf is ****ing garbage.
Fransworth has done well, but can't be trusted.
Mo is God.

Our bull pen is tight like a nun's vagina.

Our starting 5

Mussina
Wang
Chamberlain
Pettitte
????

Hughes has shown complete inconstancy and isn't ready for MLB batters.
Kennedy is garbage.
Darrell Rasner is nothing special.

We need another starter.

We got a ****ing BUM in Richie Sexson who hasn't done anything in two years. He slugs under .400 and can't hit a baseball. This is as bad as when the Mets acquired Mo Vaughn.

Paul1355

All Star
Dan Giese is very solid, keep him.
Edwar Ramirez is one of our most talented relievers with a lot of room for improvement, very efficient pitcher with a lot of nasty stuff, keep him.
Jose Veras `1.12 WHIP, nasty pitcher doesn't give up a lot of hits either, keep him. Only 27 or 28.
Jonathan Albaladejo is very young at 26 with a lot of potential to be a good reliever, big pitcher with a lot of movement on his pitches, keep him.
Ross Ohlendorf is ****ing garbage.
Fransworth has done well, but can't be trusted.
Mo is God.

Our bull pen is tight like a nun's vagina.

Our starting 5

Mussina
Wang
Chamberlain
Pettitte
????

Hughes has shown complete inconstancy and isn't ready for MLB batters.
Kennedy is garbage.
Darrell Rasner is nothing special.

We need another starter.

We got a ****ing BUM in Richie Sexson who hasn't done anything in two years. He slugs under .400 and can't hit a baseball. This is as bad as when the Mets acquired Mo Vaughn.

I agree on this as i siad many times we not only need another starter we need an ACE. And Sexson wasnt a good move we dont need him...we have to get right handers in trades...trade Melky and Hughes and watch all the possibilites come in from other teams...many teams love both Melky and Hughes. Check out the Pirates with Jason Bay and Damaso Marte the Prates are a team to trade with. Even if you throw in another guy form the Pirates like lets see a starter? Ian Snell, Zach Dukes....better yet

Melky, Hughes, and Betemit for Xavier Nady, Damaso Marte, Adam Laroache, and a top minor leauge starting pitcer.

this is as bad as when the Mets acquired Mo Vaughn.
Not quite. When the mets signed vaughn, he was the highest payed player in the league. Sexson was just signed to the minimum salary and a one year deal, so it cant do as much long term damage as the vaughn and alomar signings did for the mets.

Mets should deff. bring back jay payton! They need insurance right now at the corner outfield spots with church's head issues. Omar probably would have to give up that much for him.

Or, they could bring back Xavier Nady. He was traded in despiration for a reliever when duaner sanchez got into a car accidnet the day before the deadline. But, they would probaly have to give up a guy like neise to get him.

And possibly, they could be able to bring in Matt Holliday. I really dont see how this oculd happen. The mets farm system has been depleted becasue of the johan trade so they really have no one to give up for him. And i have no clue why the rockies would wanna get rid of him?