With Brand going to the Sixers...

Blas

Benchwarmer
Is it possible that the Clippers will push for Zach? And if they do, will Walsh take advantage of them since they need another scorer for BD? We wouldn't have to do an even exchange of salaries, since the Clippers are below the cap now (I am pretty sure). We could easily grab a pick from them for Zach and maybe more.

What do you guys think?

dre48ny

Rotation player
Looks like Brand will go to Philly, so yes this could be an option for the Clippers. Who knows if their interested but he will be a good fit there with BD. Getting a a pick in return would be great.

clumsy

Rotation player
i have to repost this trade cuz it works with Brand gone.

Zach (13 mil) + Jamal (8 mil) + Lee (rookie contract some low number)

Caveman (9/10 mil) + Mobley (9 mil)

Why???? It fits in the plan. We get two contracts that are up in 2 years. Plus we finally get a real center. Caveman isn't the best, but he's top 15 C's in the league.

They need scoring plus post presence which they get with Zach. They also get someone that can replace the scoring potential of a corey maggette. They get a center who is not as good as Caveman, but will play hard in Lee.

moneyg

Starter
not too fast... we'll have to wait and see what happens with okafor and jsmith (the other pfs) beffore team will focus on zach. gstate might also be possible. it seams the clipper want one or the other.. if the bobcats lose out on okafor.. they wont want zach
:smokin:

moneyg

Starter
not too fast... we'll have to wait and see what happens with okafor and jsmith (the other pfs) beffore team will focus on zach. gstate might also be possible. it seams the clipper want one or the other.. if the bobcats lose out on okafor.. they wont want zach
:smokin:

looks like gstate will target turiaf 4yrs/17m if the lakers dont match... this could change the pf shift

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Brand's pulling off a Boozer! LOL!

i have to repost this trade cuz it works with Brand gone.

Zach (13 mil) + Jamal (8 mil) + Lee (rookie contract some low number)

Caveman (9/10 mil) + Mobley (9 mil)

Why???? It fits in the plan. We get two contracts that are up in 2 years. Plus we finally get a real center. Caveman isn't the best, but he's top 15 C's in the league.

They need scoring plus post presence which they get with Zach. They also get someone that can replace the scoring potential of a corey maggette. They get a center who is not as good as Caveman, but will play hard in Lee.

It fits well. But the Clippers aren't just going to get rid of Kaman that quick. Remember, their original plan was a core of Davis, Brand, Kaman. If they get Zach, as a Brand downgrade but a replacement nonetheless, they'd want to retain Kaman in their plan of having a sort of "big three.' But I really hope the Clippers and Golden State become interested.

Paul1355

All Star
Good Point

Is it possible that the Clippers will push for Zach? And if they do, will Walsh take advantage of them since they need another scorer for BD? We wouldn't have to do an even exchange of salaries, since the Clippers are below the cap now (I am pretty sure). We could easily grab a pick from them for Zach and maybe more.

What do you guys think?

Good point Zach is in teams interest he's a scoring PF that can rebound which would be a good fit for Baron Davis...we could maybe get a guy in return like a Shaun Livingston just throwing good names out there but i like the idea with the Clips. They have the cap room now and a trade with them would make alot of sense and help both teams.

Kiyaman

Legend
With Brand going to the Sixers

I guess that mean the Knicks dont have one team in their Atlantic Division they could beat one game next season.

Another Atlantic Division team practicing on blowing the Knicks out by 20 or more points...