What Starbury Haters Must Realize

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
I really think Steph and playing at home are just not a good mix,So far to be honest there hasnt been a good mix for him anywhere.Talent wise he is tremendous I have followed him and watched him play in High School,Rucker park,And at the garden the guy can flat out play but lets be honest why is there so much bullshit involved with him it cant be everyone else we have to admit that he dont live up to his contracts and some of the problems he has he brings on himself you cant deny that no matter how big of a fan you are.There are guys that just cant play at home perfect example for those of you who follow boxing Zab Juddah more talent than almost anybody out there but if he would have just stayed away from Brooklyn he could have been one of the best.I see these guys out in clubs nights before games days before fights.It is just impossiable to do both and that is the reason Steph will never succed in New York.His first priority has always been himself never the game of basketball or his team thats why nobody wants to play with him in Minnesota he had a great chance to be another Malone and Stockton with Garnett there and they were both young and he didnt want to stay.I have always been a fan of Steph he comes from CI and I always want people from the five boroughs to shine but there has to be a point when enough is enough.If he really wants to give back to this game he should have no problem getting into all star form and having a tremendous year because he has the talent to do so and with Dantoni he should have a big year.If not put a wrap on all the talk about Steph being anything more than a selfish bum

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
we always gotta remember there was a reason dallas didn't resign nash... d'antoni's system saved his career... can it do the same for steph? maybe... let's give him a chance to compete for the starting spot before we talk about buying him out...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
we always gotta remember there was a reason dallas didn't resign nash... d'antoni's system saved his career... can it do the same for steph? maybe... let's give him a chance to compete for the starting spot before we talk about buying him out...

I think nash is one of the more overrated players in the league...hes a terrible defender, right there with crawford. If marbury had a good attitude towards his teammates from day one people wouldnt be saying nash is alot better. Nash is the better playmaker but dont anyone tell me marburys not a playmaker. Anyone who averages 8 assists for as long as he did...starbury has done a great job of settin up his teammates throughout his career. He cant help the fact that not all of them can make shots. And in 2006-07 i saw somethin from marbury i had never seen before...i cant say ive seen too many point guards play defense the way he did. The only point guards that come to mind are chris paul and chauncey billups. Nash was never a good defender but his ability to score is right there with marburys, i gotta give nash a slight edge because of his impressive field goal percentages. Nash is a very efficient scorer....hes a better playmaker but marburys defense>>>. Overall yes nash is the better point guard because there is no hypotheticals....but talent wise marburys right there with him. If Marburys attitude has changed like i believe it has and he can stay injury free then we still have a top 10 point guard.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
With all the recent talk about our point guard stephon marbury, a few things have come to my mind.

In the offseason, Stephon Marbury has been constantly criticized by his haters becasue they seem to think he is not giving a full effort in preparing for the upcoming season. Marbury has previously stated that he has been "running through mountains" to prepare for the 08-09 season. Haters ASSUME that he has not been preparing. This is an ASSUMPTION and cannot be proven by FACTS. However, this somehow still leads to HATE from Marbury haters.

Now, lets take a look at our power forward Zach Randolph. His off seaon workout has not exactly been helpful to himslef or the Knicks. First, it was revealed that Randolph was taking part in Club Fighting. This has been proven by FACTUAL DATA. Second, it has now been proven that Randolph will skip the team's workout in Las Vegas. Instead, he chose to throw a party in Indiana. These offseason activities do not (a) improve his defensive skills (b) improve his health or (c) get him to be a better basketball player. Now, Zach Randolph's offseason "preparation" has been proven by FACTS. Yet, does not lead to any hate, unlike Stephon Marbury.

Next, lets look at On-Court Leadership.

Stephon Marbury has sacrificed his shot attempts in order for his teammates to get the oppurtunity to score. This sentece alone is nothing but oppinion. But with FACTUAL DATA, this sentence turns into a FACT. (Factual Data):

Number of Stephon Marbury shots attempted in the 2006-07 season: 952
Number of Eddy Curry shots attempted in the 2006-07 season: 1016
Number of Stephon Marbury Assists in the 06-07 season: 403

Now, lets look at some stats of Zach Randolph.
Assists in 07-08: 140
Shot Attempts in 07-08: 1058

Also, it is a FACT that Stephon Marbury is not known to start on court fights.
What is also a FACT is that Zach Randolph threw a bottle at his own teammate in the huddle in overtime of a game vs. the wizards. But, once again, this has not lead to any major HATE.

What Starbury haters need to realize is that there are larger problems on this team then Stephon Marbury. Also, there are more valid arguments to be made about players on this team other then Stephon. Stephon Marbury is not the bad guy on this team. Remember, the reason Steph got surjury and sacrificed last season, which was going no where anyway, so that he can be 100% for the 2008-09 season, where with Isiah Thomas gone, there would be a much greater chance of winning.

Excellent point. Marbury gets more assists than Zach Randolph. Isn't that what point guards are suppose to do? And your right, Marbury doesn't start fights in bars, he just starts fights with his coaches. It didn't work with Brown, didn't work with Thomas. What makes you think that it will work with D'Antoni?

Are you really upset about Randolph's involvement in a fight. This is NY. Knicks are suppose to fight. If anything the fight is reason enough to keep him and move Curry.

Here's what you Starbury dickriders fail to understand, Marbury's not a leader. Show me a stat for leadership and motivation. Here's a few stats for you.

04/05 Season: Marbury's first season as a Knick.
Averaged 21.7 PPG 8.1 APG
Lead the Knicks to 1st round playoff sweep.

05/06 Season: 16.3 PPG 6.4 APG
Missed playoffs

06/07 Season: 16.4 PPG 5.4 APG
Missed playoffs

07/08 Season: 13.9 PPG 4.7 APG (Lower average due to injury)
Missed playoffs

You see, stats can say what you want them to say. Your stats indicate that Marbury is the salt of the earth and gets his teammates involved. My stats indicate that Marbury can't lead his team out of the first round of the playoffs and can barely lead them to the playoffs at all. Your argument is flawed as is the argument of most that blindly support Marbury because instead of focusing your argument on him you bring up Randolph, which has absolutely nothing to do with Marbury's productivity or lack thereof. When the topic of Marbury arises it is typical for his riders to bring up everyone on the team to shift the focus from Marbury's ineptitude.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Excellent point. Marbury gets more assists than Zach Randolph. Isn't that what point guards are suppose to do? And your right, Marbury doesn't start fights in bars, he just starts fights with his coaches. It didn't work with Brown, didn't work with Thomas. What makes you think that it will work with D'Antoni?

Are you really upset about Randolph's involvement in a fight. This is NY. Knicks are suppose to fight. If anything the fight is reason enough to keep him and move Curry.

Here's what you Starbury dickriders fail to understand, Marbury's not a leader. Show me a stat for leadership and motivation. Here's a few stats for you.

Missed playoffs

Missed playoffs

Missed playoffs

You see, stats can say what you want them to say. Your stats indicate that Marbury is the salt of the earth and gets his teammates involved. My stats indicate that Marbury can't lead his team out of the first round of the playoffs and can barely lead them to the playoffs at all. Your argument is flawed as is the argument of most that blindly support Marbury because instead of focusing your argument on him you bring up Randolph, which has absolutely nothing to do with Marbury's productivity or lack thereof. When the topic of Marbury arises it is typical for his riders to bring up everyone on the team to shift the focus from Marbury's ineptitude.

I think what he was sayin is that everyone talks about marbury having bad character...but zachs is even worse. So why does marburys get brought up more then zachs? Not only does Z-bo have off the court problems but he also has problems with his coaches and teammates.

I think if you examine marburys teammates you can see why the knicks havent been able to make the playoffs. Curry and crawford are both d-league players. Jared jeffries and malik rose are scrubs. Quentin richardson has been injury prone and this year he did nothing for us. Zach Randolph is just as talented as he is selfish.

Your hatred towards marbury blinds you from all the other factors involved. Marbury hasnt even been the franchise player since curry got here so why even bring him up? And we know that isiah chose to run the offense through crawford, curry and randolph last year. Marbury barely even played.

You put Steve Nash or tony parker on this team instead of marbury and the results would still be similar. Nash's assists would go down a couple just like we saw with marburys. You cant blame any individual on the team...its the way the team was constructed and who did that? Isiah thomas

donchris

I think what he was sayin is that everyone talks about marbury having bad character...but zachs is even worse. So why does marburys get brought up more then zachs? Not only does Z-bo have off the court problems but he also has problems with his coaches and teammates.

I think if you examine marburys teammates you can see why the knicks havent been able to make the playoffs. Curry and crawford are both d-league players. Jared jeffries and malik rose are scrubs. Quentin richardson has been injury prone and this year he did nothing for us. Zach Randolph is just as talented as he is selfish.

Your hatred towards marbury blinds you from all the other factors involved. Marbury hasnt even been the franchise player since curry got here so why even bring him up? And we know that isiah chose to run the offense through crawford, curry and randolph last year. Marbury barely even played.

You put Steve Nash or tony parker on this team instead of marbury and the results would still be similar. Nash's assists would go down a couple just like we saw with marburys. You cant blame any individual on the team...its the way the team was constructed and who did that? Isiah thomas

Here's the thing, lets assume you are correct and the problem is the team as a whole. Is everyone else a problem except Marbury? That's where you lose me. I'm with you on the team as a whole doesn't mesh and obviously trades need to be made. The thing that is backwards is trading every one on the squad is acceptable dialog but when it comes to Marbury leaving you're immediately labeled a hater. When a team doesn't make the playoffs in four years, everyone should be on the table, no exceptions.

TunerAddict

Starter
The reason this thread was created is extremely obvious. Its a chance for "Team Starbury" to agree with each other and force their agenda on everyone else, calling them a "hater" if they disagree with them. Hell, I've been called a hater and hes was my favorite player in the league. Its really just meant to create conflict and arguing so that "Team Starbury" can continue to claim "wins" and keep adding onto their imaginary win count. Its really just a demonstration of childish anticts and needs to be stopped. Its impossible to say anything bad about Starbury without being labeled a hater.

Example:
Guy 1:"Man, the new starburys are so ugly"
Team Starbury: "**** you hater! Faggot. Steph is the greatest thing to happen since gay rights. **** you racist.Etc..."

Strangely familiar?

Simonus

Rookie
I think this is a great thread. GoKnicksDLee42 provided some excellent facts that were undeniable to the Marbury haters.
:gony:

I'm disappointed that Zach Randolph isn't going to training camp. He was quoted as hard working, by the Blazers organization, following the Knicks' trade for Randolph(it's hard for you to average 23 and 10 and not be hardworking). During an interview with Gus Johnson, he said that he was going to work hard, and he also mentioned that he was a changed man. In the 07-08 season, he showed up to practice daily, and he even tried to play through his injuries. Now he wants to get lazy. Randolph must really be stupid. If he shows up to the Knick pre season out of shape, Walsh needs to pull the trigger on his fat a$$ and send him to the Grizzlies. I still think Curry and Richardson need to go before Randolph, because they've already shown their true fat selves, but if Randolph wants to start slacking like Curry and Richardson, then let them all find a home with the Memphis Grizzlies, Seattle Supersonics, and the Minnesota Timerwolves(3 teams expected not to make the playoffs next year) so that they could learn to appreciate what they have in New York.

Fact: Zach Randolph is in training camp with the Knicks Go to msg.com and click on the danilo gallinari interview and you would see him working out with
balkman and gallinari in some shooting drills

donchris

Fact: Zach Randolph is in training camp with the Knicks Go to msg.com and click on the danilo gallinari interview and you would see him working out with

Be careful. You might be labeled as a hater.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
C'mon...

Missed playoffs

Missed playoffs

Missed playoffs

problem with those stats is it also fails to take into account the pgs role on the team... steph has always been a penetrate and kick point guard... that's why our 04 team featured tim thomas, allan houston and crawford... all guys that could spread the floor and knock down open shots... you will also note his assist figures that year...

05, we brought in LB... who feuded with steph during the olympics... and who wanted steph to initiate the offense rather than penetrate/kick... our roster was also too young and offensively minded for LB... Flip would have been a better fit... matter of fact... we were actually something like 17 - 15 in december... then... let's not forget LB also asked for stevie franchise... before steph hurt his shoulder on a sczerbiac screen and we finished the season with 23...

06 was IT year one... new game plan was to force feed EC... less shot attempts... frye, richardson, crawford were not as effective spreading the floor... less penetrations... less penetrate/pitch opportunities... we still finished 10 wins more than we did with LB... and except for injuries at the end of the season... we woulda made the playoffs...

07... we started out slow... EC was rebounding less than Nate... ZBo was playing less defense than gasol... and the team was stinking it up versus orl in the 4th game of the season... IT blames no one but steph for the team's failures... still upset about steph's testimony from the summer before... so he and steph start feuding early... derailing the season...

so steph's stats don't reflect the uncertainty of the coaching situation or team make up that occured at the same time... steph deserves some blame... but bringing up declining stats is actually evidence of his growth... maturity and acceptance of a role on a team... not his diminishing skill level...

I think nash is one of the more overrated players in the league...hes a terrible defender, right there with crawford. If marbury had a good attitude towards his teammates from day one people wouldnt be saying nash is alot better. Nash is the better playmaker but dont anyone tell me marburys not a playmaker. Anyone who averages 8 assists for as long as he did...starbury has done a great job of settin up his teammates throughout his career. He cant help the fact that not all of them can make shots. And in 2006-07 i saw somethin from marbury i had never seen before...i cant say ive seen too many point guards play defense the way he did. The only point guards that come to mind are chris paul and chauncey billups. Nash was never a good defender but his ability to score is right there with marburys, i gotta give nash a slight edge because of his impressive field goal percentages. Nash is a very efficient scorer....hes a better playmaker but marburys defense>>>. Overall yes nash is the better point guard because there is no hypotheticals....but talent wise marburys right there with him. If Marburys attitude has changed like i believe it has and he can stay injury free then we still have a top 10 point guard.

wasn't arguing his talent level... nor was i using nash to say he's better than steph... just pointing out that nash's career was resurrected by d'antoni... no reason to think steph's career won't undergo a similar rennaissance...

Here's the thing, lets assume you are correct and the problem is the team as a whole. Is everyone else a problem except Marbury? That's where you lose me. I'm with you on the team as a whole doesn't mesh and obviously trades need to be made. The thing that is backwards is trading every one on the squad is acceptable dialog but when it comes to Marbury leaving you're immediately labeled a hater. When a team doesn't make the playoffs in four years, everyone should be on the table, no exceptions.

I don't think the problem is the TEAM as a whole... i think it's the organizational focus... now that donnie has a plan (under the cap by 2010)... and d'antoni has a system that (contrary to popular perception) adapts to his personnel... then we might be able to make it work...

imagine curry, marbury and crawford working on a team with a lock down wing defender (posey, battier, bowen, pierce, artest, prince) and a rebounding/shot blocking presence who can play off the ball (shawn williams, chandler, delambert) and suddenly you have a team that can score in transition or during half court sets AND play lock down defense... but you pair these guys with randolph who rebounds but can't defend (still think o'neill would have been the perfect fit) and a small forward who can't play defense on above average players... and you have 88 wins in 3 years...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Marbury didnt have much of a chance last season with family passing, isiah thomas, the knicks roster, and his injury. He has to get a pass for last year...the last time we saw him play he played very well for a 3 month stretch playing the best defense of his career and his mid range/3pt game was nice. He was shootin well, showing heart, leadership, and a passion for the game.

I have many reasons why it doesnt make sense to trade marbury and thats why i think all marbury trade scenarios are stupid. The real haters are the ones who wont be supporting marbury next year even if hes still on the knicks. Most of you are unfair with your opinions about starbury but theres a couple of you that keep it real.

The reason this thread was created is extremely obvious. Its a chance for "Team Starbury" to agree with each other and force their agenda on everyone else, calling them a "hater" if they disagree with them. Hell, I've been called a hater and hes was my favorite player in the league. Its really just meant to create conflict and arguing so that "Team Starbury" can continue to claim "wins" and keep adding onto their imaginary win count. Its really just a demonstration of childish anticts and needs to be stopped. Its impossible to say anything bad about Starbury without being labeled a hater.

Example:
Guy 1:"Man, the new starburys are so ugly"
Team Starbury: "**** you hater! Faggot. Steph is the greatest thing to happen since gay rights. **** you racist.Etc..."

Strangely familiar?

TunerAddict:please dont shoot me with the your GOLD MAC 10
MSGknickz33:Fukk outta here tunerfaggot
*Grabs gold mac*
*Goes to Tuners home*
*sneaks around back*
*spots tuner sittin on his lawnchair*
*guns tuners b!tch ass down*
*runs to 94 Cadillac*
*laughs @ tuner being dead*
*goes for blunt ride*

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
problem with those stats is it also fails to take into account the pgs role on the team... steph has always been a penetrate and kick point guard... that's why our 04 team featured tim thomas, allan houston and crawford... all guys that could spread the floor and knock down open shots... you will also note his assist figures that year...

05, we brought in LB... who feuded with steph during the olympics... and who wanted steph to initiate the offense rather than penetrate/kick... our roster was also too young and offensively minded for LB... Flip would have been a better fit... matter of fact... we were actually something like 17 - 15 in december... then... let's not forget LB also asked for stevie franchise... before steph hurt his shoulder on a sczerbiac screen and we finished the season with 23...

06 was IT year one... new game plan was to force feed EC... less shot attempts... frye, richardson, crawford were not as effective spreading the floor... less penetrations... less penetrate/pitch opportunities... we still finished 10 wins more than we did with LB... and except for injuries at the end of the season... we woulda made the playoffs...

07... we started out slow... EC was rebounding less than Nate... ZBo was playing less defense than gasol... and the team was stinking it up versus orl in the 4th game of the season... IT blames no one but steph for the team's failures... still upset about steph's testimony from the summer before... so he and steph start feuding early... derailing the season...

so steph's stats don't reflect the uncertainty of the coaching situation or team make up that occured at the same time... steph deserves some blame... but bringing up declining stats is actually evidence of his growth... maturity and acceptance of a role on a team... not his diminishing skill level...
Great Post...you get a rep point from me :thumbsup:

TunerAddict

Starter
Marbury didnt have much of a chance last season with family passing, isiah thomas, the knicks roster, and his injury. He has to get a pass for last year...the last time we saw him play he played very well for a 3 month stretch playing the best defense of his career and his mid range/3pt game was nice. He was shootin well, showing heart, leadership, and a passion for the game.

I have many reasons why it doesnt make sense to trade marbury and thats why i think all marbury trade scenarios are stupid. The real haters are the ones who wont be supporting marbury next year even if hes still on the knicks. Most of you are unfair with your opinions about starbury but theres a couple of you that keep it real.

TunerAddict:please dont shoot me with the your GOLD MAC 10
MSGknickz33:Fukk outta here tunerfaggot
*Grabs gold mac*
*Goes to Tuners home*
*sneaks around back*
*spots tuner sittin on his lawnchair*
*guns tuners b!tch ass down*
*runs to 94 Cadillac*
*laughs @ tuner being dead*
*goes for blunt ride*

Thanks for proving my point about the childish antics!:teeth:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
That's good to hear. Quentin Richardson and Eddy Curry are already fat and lazy. We don't need a 3rd fat and lazy person(although Randolph is kinda fat lol). I hope Randolph averages 20 and 10 next year. I got my fingers crossed.

Last edited: