Pierce To Knicks: Dump Marbury

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
Celtics star Paul Pierce believes that the New York Knicks needs to part ways with guard Stephon Marbury before they can truly start to get better, the New York Daily News are reporting.

"He makes the biggest contract and he's one of the oldest players on the team," Pierce said yesterday. "That doesn't really fit into a rebuilding plan, just to be honest."

"I'd try to trade him or buy him out at this point," added Pierce, who still believes Marbury can be a starting point guard in the NBA. "I just think he needs a fresh start somewhere else. Marbury needs to be on a veteran team where he fits into what they're trying to do a little bit more."

MAYBE HE IS TRYING TO GET US TO GET RID OF MARBURY SO THE C'S CAN SIGN HIM. THEY ARE A VETERAN TEAM.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Never trust a Celtic. They are shady businessmen. This is an obvious and pathetic ploy to get Marbury. He's correct that Marbury shouldn't be in a situation where he's the go to man but that's how he's always wanted it. If the Celtics want Marbury then make us an offer, punk bitches.

GetRealistic

Starter
In all honesty do you really think the Celtics would touch Marbury. For some reason i could see the Spurs (for some reason i remember hearing Duncan and Marbury were tight) pursuing him and deffinately Miami but i don't think the Celtics would touch him with a 10 foot pole. Didn't KG lay into Marbury after that blow out game?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
fukka paul pierce...marbury can still be a #1 option. Every #1 option needs help...look at paul pierce. He didnt win sh!t until he had garnett and allen by his side. He made it the to the EC finals once where the celtics got owned by new jersey. Celtics at that point had Antoine Walker to compliment pierce, back when Toine was still a good player. Thats some bull for pierce to say this.

There has been alotta rumors in the papers about marbury going to boston. Why wouldnt they want him? Marbury>>>Rondo

I hate to see that little prick rondo gettin props...hes an ok point guard with alotta help around him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Paul Pierce knows one move that would help the Knicks rebuild from the rubble of the Isiah Thomas Era -- dump Stephon Marbury.

"He makes the biggest contract and he's one of the oldest players on the team," Pierce said yesterday while signing collectibles at Steiner Sports offices in New Rochelle. "That doesn't really fit into a rebuilding plan, just to be honest. "I'd try to trade him or buy him out at this point," added Pierce, who still believes Marbury can be a starting point guard in the NBA. "I just think he needs a fresh start somewhere else. Marbury needs to be on a veteran team where he fits into what they're trying to do a little bit more."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

Damn Pierce, that's cold.
laugh.gif

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
But it is TRUE!
Marbury is not a LEADER or a true team player.
Playing in a new surrounding with two or three veteran leaders on a team will force him to conform to their style of play for playingtime.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

Damn Pierce, that's cold.
laugh.gif

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
But it is TRUE!
Marbury is not a LEADER or a true team player.
Playing in a new surrounding with two or three veteran leaders on a team will force him to conform to their style of play for playingtime.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

:barf:

How do you know marburys not a leader or a team player? He didnt even really play last year. The last time we saw him play most of a season he looked like a leader/team player to me.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm sure the Celtics wouldn't mind taking Marbury in the final year of his contract. They signed Casell as a backup PG for scoring and he barely did anything in the finals. You have to belive that Marbury would give them way more than Casell did.

Also, Rondo is a good pg because he understands the system and plays great defense. Either way, Rondo is now a championship PG. Let's not forget that he actually contributed a lot in the playoffs. I think having Rondo start or come off the bench would be fine either way. Marbury in Miami is really good, but Marbury in Boston would be great. They'd probably repeat.

Trin_Starr

Starter
In all honesty do you really think the Celtics would touch Marbury. For some reason i could see the Spurs (for some reason i remember hearing Duncan and Marbury were tight) pursuing him and deffinately Miami but i don't think the Celtics would touch him with a 10 foot pole. Didn't KG lay into Marbury after that blow out game?

There will be quite a few teams interested in getting Marbury if he is bought out. Depending on where he wants to go, he'll get the full MLE.

Of course the C's would take marbury in a heartbeat and he'll most likely sign for the LLE....they took a chance on Cassell because of KG's recommendation....KG and Steph are tight again. He didn't lay into marbury. Sager asked KG if he thought Marbury quit on his team and what he said was that Steph wasn't playing the Steph he knew and that the only reason he could see if he did quit was because he felt that Isiah quitted on him.

Other teams would be Golden State, Lakers, Miami, SAS.
Pierce is right - Marbury would do extremely well on a veteran team.
Personally I would be happy if he did go to the celtics (although I hate those bastards) and then he would help them win another championship - and then I'd love to hear all the comments people would then have to say about him

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
All I know is Boston has 2 hall of famers...Ray And Kevin. Not to sure about the guy who couldn't do shit..call himself "THE TRUTH" yet couldn't do it with role players to win a title. NO, NO..he needed hall of famers to help him.

1 star and role players...is u validate being of such caliber because you make other guys better.

Marbury has never made anyone he's played with better. And this is non-negotiable for a PG especially since 99% the ball is in their hands every possession.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
There will be quite a few teams interested in getting Marbury if he is bought out. Depending on where he wants to go, he'll get the full MLE.

Of course the C's would take marbury in a heartbeat and he'll most likely sign for the LLE....they took a chance on Cassell because of KG's recommendation....KG and Steph are tight again. He didn't lay into marbury. Sager asked KG if he thought Marbury quit on his team and what he said was that Steph wasn't playing the Steph he knew and that the only reason he could see if he did quit was because he felt that Isiah quitted on him.

Other teams would be Golden State, Lakers, Miami, SAS.
Pierce is right - Marbury would do extremely well on a veteran team.
Personally I would be happy if he did go to the celtics (although I hate those bastards) and then he would help them win another championship - and then I'd love to hear all the comments people would then have to say about him
It would be great to see marbury help a team win a championship but im not sure if i can deal with the celtics winning another one...its got nothin to do with the players on the team...its the fans from massachusetts that i hate

All I know is Boston has 2 hall of famers...Ray And Kevin. Not to sure about the guy who couldn't do shit..call himself "THE TRUTH" yet couldn't do it with role players to win a title. NO, NO..he needed hall of famers to help him.

1 star and role players...is u validate being of such caliber because you make other guys better.

Marbury has never made anyone he's played with better. And this is non-negotiable for a PG especially since 99% the ball is in their hands every possession.
Pierce>>ray allan and garnett

Pierce was the best player on the celtics against detroit and the lakers...i thought kg was dissapointing in the finals except the last game that doesnt count because that was a blowout

Marburys never made anyone better? I think the fact that Eddy McFlurry averaged 19.5 pts playing alongside marbury is very impressive. Were talkin about a D-leaguer almost making the all-star team because of marbury.

nyk_nyk

All Star

I don't agree. Pierce has a great chance of becoming a HOF player. Just because it took Garnett and Allen to get him a ring menas nothing. Barkley would have been in the HOF regardless. Patrick Ewing too and many others who have no rings.

I do agree with your Marbury comment. He's not or ever will be a pure PG. However, what makes Steph so good is that he is a hybrid of a really good sg and pg. He's obviously more of a sg than pg but because of his height and position he's played since HS, people see and want him to play like a pg.

Steph is not good at making others better. He's great at scoring for his team. I don't know why people don't give Arenas the same criticism since he's basically the same type of player.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Suddenly he is a champion and instantly becomes an expert on what franchises should do. I do believe the C's would make a run at him, it will cost them close to nothing. They'll enjoy how the nYK pay all his salary and he plays well for them. I still want him to play out his last year!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I don't agree. Pierce has a great chance of becoming a HOF player. Just because it took Garnett and Allen to get him a ring menas nothing. Barkley would have been in the HOF regardless. Patrick Ewing too and many others who have no rings.

I do agree with your Marbury comment. He's not or ever will be a pure PG. However, what makes Steph so good is that he is a hybrid of a really good sg and pg. He's obviously more of a sg than pg but because of his height and position he's played since HS, people see and want him to play like a pg.

Steph is not good at making others better. He's great at scoring for his team. I don't know why people don't give Arenas the same criticism since he's basically the same type of player.

i hate seeing marbury compared to players like gilbert arenas and steve francis. They average around 5 assists for their careers. Marburys a playmaker...and a scorer. He can do both like Chris Paul. Just not to that extent but a younger marbury in terms of talent is the closest thing to chris paul. CP3 is marbury to a further extent...his passing and scoring are both better. But are you gonna tell me someone who averaged 8 assists a game as long as marbury did is not a point guard? Look at the trash he was playing with in New jersey. Keith van horn was his #1 option to pass to. Kenyon martin was a rookie and does anyone even know who johnny newman is? He averaged 7.6 assists per game with this group of lames. Its very unfair to compare the NJ nets that marbury played with to the group that jason kidd played with...k mart in his 2nd year and a rookie richard jefferson.

IN marburys 47 games with the knicks in the 2003-04 season he averaged 9.3 assists per game with a decent supporting cast at best. Just because he can score that doesnt mean hes not a point guard. If he has decent teammates he does a great job of settin them up. The problem is he hasnt had decent teammates the past couple of years.

umynot

Benchwarmer
**** Peirce he just wants us to cut Marbury so the Celtics can swoop him up!

Out of everyone in the NBA he should be last one saying that Marbs cant do it!! I'll tell you what Paul give Marbs Allen & Garnett and take Curry Zach & Crawford then we will see who has a better year!

By the way all you haters out there who on the Knicks has had a better NBA career then Marbury? Who is a better PG then him on our squad? Who has more skills?

NO ONE!!!!!!

Now I agree he has not panned out as far as wins go for us but he is not the only player to fail here! We as fans have been hard on him! Teammates hard on him! His Father died at a game last season! His mentor died a few days before that! His coach sold him out! His Hometown team which he plays for is in Disarray !

No one can handle all that shit! NO ONE!!

All Im saying is everyone is getting a fresh start under the new management so Marbury should too!!

Starks

Starter
I don't think Paul has any intentions to recruit him.

Everyone grow up for a second and think like an adult.

If a rival team with a player that has feuded your team in the past, and is now a world champion as well as Finals MVP, calls you "Old and overpaid"; chances are he is talkin shit and is fueled by feeling vindicated by his recent accomplishments, thereby feeling the right to say whatever he wants truthfully when asked about a situation.

Pierce is just sayin what a lot of Knick fans knock on against keeping Stephon around.

Sometimes you guys read too into things. If an NBA player was to go home and ever peep some of these message boards, he would fall out of his chair laughing at you guys by seeing how ridicuolus things can get on the internet.

I would bet my life if you were to catch him at a bar tipsy in the middle of three blonde white chicks and ask him "Yo Paul, do you want Stephon on your team?" -You can guess for yourself what his answer will be...he'll probably laugh in your face and have more insults for the knicks.

He's insulting Marbury.

Thats all it comes down to.