D'antoni in Love with the Big Cock

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
20ivpfs.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07132008/sports/knicks/a_summer_of_lovin_119686.htm

A SUMMER OF LOVIN'
D'ANTONI GUSHING OVER PLAY OF 'ITALIAN STALLION'

By MARC BERMAN
SUMMER IN SIN CITY: New Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni will meet one-on-one with players across the next week as they arrive for the summer league in Las Vegas.Posted: 3:43 am
July 13, 2008

LAS VEGAS - It's just two summer-league practices in a high school gym in the desert, but KnicksNew York Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni sounded relieved yesterday after watching Italy's Danilo Gallinari be everything his Italian friends said he would be.

In truth, a part of D'Antoni was nervous about taking the 6-foot-10 Italian Stallion without ever having seen him play live. The workout Gallinari gave the Knicks before the draft was a solo session.

"Europeans are great 1 on 0 because they have all the skills," D'Antoni said. "But I saw film and talked to my Italian friends and they told me this guy is really good. He can play."

D'Antoni was in gushing mode at Vegas' Valley High. On Draft night, D'Antoni was rather reserved, considering the momentous occasion of tabbing Gallinari at No. 6.

"I'll tell you and I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself, but he's really good," D'Antoni said. "Like today, he just goes over to Herb [Williams] and tells him [a player] hasn't had a shot the last six times up, call something for him. He automatically knows.

"He's stronger than I thought," D'Antoni added. "He's more athletic than I thought. And he shoots the heck out of it."

Gallinari's toughness quotient has pumped up D'Antoni's spirit. D'Antoni questioned it during the winter when he saw a tape of the Milan standout.

"He can bang," D'Antoni said "When he takes a hit, his expression does not change, He got clobbered and was right back in his face. He doesn't get fazed by it.

"He's got a chance to be really special," D'Antoni added. "Toughness and being more athletic that what I thought [were] two questions from watching film. Until you see him."

D'Antoni can envision a forward tandem of Gallinari and Wilson ChandlerWilson Chandler for years to come. Chandler is coming off a solid end to his rookie year. D'Antoni, unsolicited, raved about the former DePaul forward, feeling he and Gallinari can alternate between small and power forward depending on matchups.

How soon the young duo can get major minutes depends on the status of incumbent starting forwards Zach RandolphZach Randolph and Quentin Richardson.

The Knicks desperately want to trade Randolph's contract to get under the cap by 2010. SI.com reported the Clippers were interested in Randolph but president Donnie Walsh reportedly rejected a deal, likely because he couldn't get enough short-term contracts.

Meanwhile, Richardson, coming off an out-of-shape, disgraceful shooting season, arrived in Vegas to work out with the summer-league team, claiming to be 228 pounds, 15 pounds lighter than when the season ended.

"He thought he could be a little lighter," D'Antoni said. "He wanted to get down. Any time someone's thinner I like."

Richardson, who nearly exchanged blows with Stephon Marbury two years ago in a post-game locker room argument, was asked if Marbury should stick. "It's not for me to say. He's been working hard, getting himself prepared to play. That's for the coaches and Donnie."

I like what im hearing about Galinari. I think he'll not only get some playing time next year but he'll make an impact. They (the media) always talk about "oh theres only a couple players who are ready to make an impact in the nba." It seems like they say this every year heading into the draft....i dont how many stars there will be but i think theres more then a handful of players who are ready to contribute and galinari is one of them.

What was the last paragraph of the article about? Did anyone read that? I think is said that Q-rich said that Marburys been working hard. Im not sure is that what it said?

[Getrealistic]Marbury has a bad attitude, hes a liar, and i do not want him around this team[/Getrealistic]

Do players with bad attitudes go to work out with the young players and spend the summer working hard so they can be ready to dominate in November?

Marbury>>>>

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Wow, MSG single handedly shut down all the haters. Stephon Marbury always works hard on his game, and he'll be ready to lead this team to the playoffs next year. It's up to Walsh or D'Antoni to ruin that, by buying him out, or by starting Chris Duhon(role player) and benching Stephon Marbury(All Star). I know this team sucks, so I don't think we'll finish .500, but if Marbury starts, we'll have a sub .500 playoff berth, just like 2004. Mike D'Antoni is not like Isiah Thomas and Larry Brown. He knows how to utilize his talent.

I'm glad that Gallinari is doing his thing in training camp. Hopefully his hard work pays off in the Summer League. Gallinari has been saying all the right things, since being drafted by the New York Knicks. I don't even have to watch him play to know that he's better than Quentin Richardson and Jared Jeffries. lol

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
marbury2k8.jpg

Greatest photoshop I ever seen.

Another good resourceful thread from MSG, keep it up; no homo.

i think they shoulda put marbury on the cover of 2k9....next year is all about the resurrection of Marbury. Haterburys are shook!!

Wow, MSG single handedly shut down all the haters. Stephon Marbury always works hard on his game, and he'll be ready to lead this team to the playoffs next year. It's up to Walsh or D'Antoni to ruin that, by buying him out, or by starting Chris Duhon(role player) and benching Stephon Marbury(All Star). I know this team sucks, so I don't think we'll finish .500, but if Marbury starts, we'll have a sub .500 playoff berth, just like 2004. Mike D'Antoni is not like Isiah Thomas and Larry Brown. He knows how to utilize his talent.

I'm glad that Gallinari is doing his thing in training camp. Hopefully his hard work pays off in the Summer League. Gallinari has been saying all the right things, since being drafted by the New York Knicks. I don't even have to watch him play to know that he's better than Quentin Richardson and Jared Jeffries. lol

lmao haterburys havent been coming on as much. I think they finally realize Team Starbury brings better facts, stats, and analysis to the table and that all of their opinions were unfair and biased. Looks like were still undefeated!!!

:gony:

TunerAddict

Starter
all of their opinions were unfair and biased

I don't think I've seen too many fair opinions ever on this site, so you guys are just as guilty. But thats what is great about ones opinion, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, you can think whatever you want...Even if you think that Jerome James has allstar potential. Its your opinion, not my job to break your rose colored glasses

dre48ny

Rotation player
Let's see how he perfroms tomorrow aince othe draft picks after him have been solid, specially Lopez of the Nets. Glad to hear that he might be the real deal.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't think I've seen too many fair opinions ever on this site, so you guys are just as guilty. But thats what is great about ones opinion, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, you can think whatever you want...Even if you think that Jerome James has allstar potential. Its your opinion, not my job to break your rose colored glasses
Are you Mardy Collins trying to steal Stephon Marbury's starting spot on the team?

Get back on the bench where you belong:
340x.jpg

All you've done, since coming here, is start arguments with people for no reason. I read all the posts from this thread, and MSG didn't say anything to you. Coincidentally, you've also tried to start arguments with me on 3 other threads.

You keep trying to start fights for no reason. Making up fake quotes that people write is not cool, if that's what you think.

Stop acting like a child.

mardy_collins.jpg
= TunerAddict in disguise.

metrocard

Legend
Are you Mardy Collins trying to steal Stephon Marbury's starting spot on the team?

340x.jpg

All you've done, since coming here, is start arguments with people for no reason. I read all the posts from this thread, and MSG didn't say anything to you. Coincidentally, you've also tried to start arguments with me on 3 other threads.

You keep trying to start fights for no reason. Making up fake quotes that people write is not cool, if that's what you think.

mardy_collins.jpg

GOT EM

666.gif

Ahaha, ABCD gets better and better with each post.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Jesus Priest, more arguments and photo shop.
Getting back on topic. Who knows about Gallinari? I was under the impression that he's not much of a post up physical player so PF wouldn't be much of an option. Is this correct? If so then wouldn't that mean that Richardson, Gallo and Chandler will battle for minutes at the small forward position?

TunerAddict

Starter
I didn't make up any quotes, and I wasn't even saying anything bad to anyone. It was a statement on opinions, that there aren't really wrong opinions, its all based on who is saying it, because it is true to them.

But hey, you kinda just proved that you're looking to start arguments. You attack me and use me as a scapegoat but you're the one that is trying to create hostility. You aren't worth my time, I'm smarter then you. Adults don't argue with children no matter how much they try to, they just ignore them. I guess it is time for me to ignore this child.

I normally wouldn't result to calling someone a child, but you've obviously gone overboard by turning a nonthreatening statement I made into a way to attack me.

Metro, shame on you for condoning such behavior.

Last edited:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I didn't make up any quotes, and I wasn't even saying anything bad to anyone. It was a statement on opinions, that there aren't really wrong opinions, its all based on who is saying it, because it is true to them.

But hey, you kinda just proved that you're looking to start arguments. You attack me and use me as a scapegoat but you're the one that is trying to create hostility. You aren't worth my time, I'm smarter then you. Adults don't argue with children no matter how much they try to, they just ignore them. I guess it is time for me to ignore this child.

I normally wouldn't result to calling someone a child, but you've obviously gone overboard by turning a nonthreatening statement I made into a way to attack me.

Let it go man. Someone's got to take the high road or the shit will never end.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
:no: :smokin:

340x.jpg

mardy_collins.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Abcd has reached the top....hes ethered lames like knicks126 and tuneraddict...plus i cant forget about him sh!ttin on getreal in 2 or 3 different arguements. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

:lol: @ this post....theres several members on here with unfair opinions. You need some of this:

5frfar.jpg

:lol:

TunerAddict

Starter
:no: :smokin:

:lol::lol::lol:

Abcd has reached the top....hes ethered lames like knicks126 and tuneraddict...plus i cant forget about him sh!ttin on getreal in 2 or 3 different arguements. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

:lol: @ this post....theres several members on here with unfair opinions. You need some of this:

5frfar.jpg

:lol:

fail.jpg

portega1968

El Cacique
That marbury 2K9 pic don't have the Starbury tat on the temple... u knowz u gots 2 put it up

I don't consider myself a haterbury, but can't blame me for feeling let down by the guy as a Knick and the lack of success and his debated rep wherever he has played.

Although I feel we've been with this argument every frikin year and it only has gotten worse for the team, I'd luv 2 see the guy turn it around.

Which begs the question to all defending Marbs... if he plays this year and doesnt turn it around, will we have new reasons for saying it aint his fault or will some of ya'll switch to say the guy aint just gonna ever get it done? Please tell me if ya'll consider this a make or break for the dude's career and legacy if he stays a Knick?

Now, considering this is a thread about Danilo, let me just say... I'm rooting for the rooster!!! Enciendelo!!!

Last edited: