L.A. Clipper-Knicks trade talk unfinished.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I'm thinking this trade is most likely to happen now!

Camby does not make sense for the Clippers they have Caman!

I think Camby for Randolph and this kid Roberson we just signed!!

Sorry man, it aint happening. The Kaman and Camby combo is very good.

Kaman: 15pts 12.7 Rebs 2.8 Blocks

Camby: 9.1pts 13.1 Rebs 3.6 Blocks

They actually compliment each other very well and will become a formidable two-tower front court. What's up with these LA teams having great players handed to them for nothing?

I'm pissed that we're stuck with Randolph now. Donnie is a moron for not taking that deal. The Nuggets also got a $10 mil trade exception. Our cap problems would have been taken care of, we would have got rid of a cancer and a bloated contract, and would have had extra money to offer to another free agent to go along with Lebron, Wade or Bosh in 2011.

jzero29

Rotation player
i would not include lee with any zach trades. my first question is....who will play pf for us????

id trade zach for gordon for sure....but including lee is plain foolish. id see if the kings would like lee for artest though. he is worth it :smokin:
I'd like to keep lee, but if we can get out from under zachs huge contract, then so be it. Zach and lee are not our only power forwards, Chandler and galinari can play power forward, why not let them develope. And who knows in a couple years maybe that would be enough to be appealing to free agents, a young talented group of forwards. I'd like to keep lee, but chances our he's gonna bolt, Agents have a way of talking players into the money,I believe him when he says he wants to stay and be there when we turn it around, but agents know how to push buttons, and get players scared that they are missing their shot at money and financial security. When the agent just cares about how big his cut is. Thats one reason I loved John stockton, he'd negotiate his own deal and not have the evils of greed in his ear. I'm sure he got his cash, but it was between him and the team only.
What about Randolph for DeAndre Jordon? We need potential shot blockers.
I like the Idea of a defensive upgrade for zack, but is DeAndre Jordan the answer? Just like Jerome James was a defensive center and going to bolster our team defense. Good job.
Co-sign add a first rounder tho
I like the first rounder, get rid of zack at almost any cost. We can replace with a young draft pick

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I'd like to keep lee, but if we can get out from under zachs huge contract, then so be it. Zach and lee are not our only power forwards, Chandler and galinari can play power forward, why not let them develope. And who knows in a couple years maybe that would be enough to be appealing to free agents, a young talented group of forwards. I'd like to keep lee, but chances our he's gonna bolt, Agents have a way of talking players into the money,I believe him when he says he wants to stay and be there when we turn it around, but agents know how to push buttons, and get players scared that they are missing their shot at money and financial security. When the agent just cares about how big his cut is. Thats one reason I loved John stockton, he'd negotiate his own deal and not have the evils of greed in his ear. I'm sure he got his cash, but it was between him and the team only.

I like the Idea of a defensive upgrade for zack, but is DeAndre Jordan the answer? Just like Jerome James was a defensive center and going to bolster our team defense. Good job.

I like the first rounder, get rid of zack at almost any cost. We can replace with a young draft pick

Dude...you can forget about all that now. The Clippers were our only hope at getting rid of Zach. We waited too long, got too greedy and blew our chances. All the other teams have shored up their PF issues. Name another team that would be interested in Zach now. Maybe the Bulls. But I think Donnie f*cked up and now we're stuck with the cancerous black hole with a massive contract. This also f*cks up our chances at getting under the cap by 2011.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Z-Bo

I do not see any teams giving value back for Zach Randolph, despite his offensive abilities. I no longer see the Clippers as a possible destination.

If a principal goal is to eliminate Z-Bo's $17.33M salary for 2010, then there are some teams out there that could send us their two years of bad contracts for our three years of Z-Bo's contracts. For example, Sacramento has Kenny Thomas on the books in 2008 for $8,562,500 and in 2009 for $8,775,000. They have Abdur Rahim under contract in 2008 for $6,200,000 and in 2009 for $6,600,000. Z-Bo's 2008 contract is for $14,666,667, his 2009 contract is for $16,000,000 and his 2010 contract is for $17,333,333.

The combined 2008 contracts for K. Thomas and Rahim total $14,762,500. This is less than $100,000 above Z-Bo's 2008 contract. Their combined 2009 contracts total $15,375,000 which is $625,000 less than Z-Bo's 2009 contract. They are off the books in 2010.

I do not expect that Sacramento will use much of Messrs. Thomas and Rahim for the balance of their contract terms. If Sacramento were to trade Thomas and Rahim for Z-Bo, as a practical matter Sacramento would be getting Z- Bo for about $6,000,000 a year. The Knicks would not have Z-Bo, would not likely use Thomas or Rahim, but Z-bo would be off the books in 2010 and the Knicks would save about $18,000,000. In this scenario I would anticipate buy-outs for Rahim and K. Thomas.

Of course, Artest's contract could substitute for one of Thomas's or Rahim's, but, unfortunately, that will not happen. Perhaps we could also get a draft pick.

Cleveland is another possible destination. Ben Wallace has two more years at about $14,000,000 for each year.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Sacramento wants to unload salary, not take on more. I really think Donnie screwed up here. The Clippers are one of the worst managed teams in the NBA and probably the only ones willing to take Zach for nothing. Remember, Portland had to buy out Steve Francis' contract ($30 mil) in order to get rid of Randolph. We could have got rid of him for nothing. Zach is a burden, more than a valueable trading chip. I think we're stuck with him for a while.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
the clippers have still lost their post presence offensively... and the nuggets are now left with nene and kmart to run their 4/5 slots... i wouldn't say Donnie Walsh... with 22 years experience running franchises... f*cked up yet...

the nuggets got desperate and traded their only defender for the option of swapping second round picks in 2010...

I rather give Zach time to put up numbers/look decent in D'Antoni's system (maybe running the 5 with a smaller unit)... before making the move...