Knicks vs Spurs Game Thread 7/16

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The New York Knicks vs the San Antonio Spurs
July 16 @ 4:00PM ET on MSG

Welcome back to the official Msg33 aka Gold Mac 10 game preview. The Knicks will be playing the 2nd game tomorrow afternoon against the San Antonio Spurs. The Knicks managed to beat the Cavs by 3 points largely because of Wilson Chandler consistent play throughout the game and Danilo Gallinaris big 2nd half performance. Anthony Roberson was the 2nd leading scorer for the Knicks scoring 22 points. No official word yet on whether or not Nate Robinson will play...not that it matters. He doesnt need to play. The majority of knicks fans would rather see Mardy Collins get more minutes. Collins had an impressive all around game on Tuesday.

THE UNOFFICIAL STARTING LINEUPS​

THE NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• AT POINT GUARD MARDY COLLINS
  • AT SHOOTING GUARD ANTHONY ROBERSON
  • AT SMALL FORWARD WILSON CHANDLER
  • AT POWER FORWARD DANILO GALLINARI
  • AT CENTER RENALDO BALKMAN

150px-New_York_Knicks_logo.png

2008 spurs Summer League Roster

Num Player Position Height Weight From

33 Kenny Adeleke F 6-9 245 Hartford
10 Michael Cuffee G 6-5 200 Middle Tennessee
24 James Gist F 6-9 235 Maryland
22 Devin Green G/F 6-7 212 Hampton
26 Malik Hairston G/F 6-6 220 Oregon
3 George Hill G 6-2 180 UNC-Greensboro
28 Ian Mahinmi F/C 6-11 245 France
35 Aleks Maric F/C 6-11 275 Arkansas
2 Brian Morrison G 6-2 192 UCLA
23 Maleye N'Doyle F 6-8 240 Nebraska
16 Dan Nwaelele G 6-5 205 Furman
19 Roger Powell F 6-6 220 Illinois
8 Daniel Ruffin G 5-10 162 Air Force
27 Amara Sy F 6-8 240 France
1 Jamaal Tatum C 6-2 175 Southern Illinois
31 Anthony Tolliver F 6-8 240 Creighton
14 Tim Whitworth F 6-6 200 Bradley

Knicks>>>Spurs

(summer league teams)

Throwback hip hop joint of the day:

Artist: Nas
Song Name: Nas is Like
Album: I Am

ENJOY THE GAME!!!! :thup:

metrocard

Legend
Gallinari should have a big game since he got the first game out of the way. Gallinari plays like a God amongst men and you could feel his presence on the court. Dude is going to be mad special.

Toons

is the Bo$$
did anyone see dj augustine drop 30 last night? 9/14 fg, 10/11 free throws
he is nice....can get to the basket at will, and he's very strong fo r a guard 6 ft

portega1968

El Cacique
That San Antonio team looks weak. Nevertheless, we'll probably see Adeleke challenge our frontline nicely and George Hill really push our guards along with Hairston.

BTW, totally agree with Augustine being one of the top products of this draft.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
MSG whats your key-match up for today?

Im not too familiar with anyone from the spurs....im gonna go with wilson chandler vs the spurs as the key matchup. Tuner mentioned a F/C who will dominate us...wouldnt suprise me if hes right. We got several sf's and guards on our team..but i expect us to get owned by PF/C's who know how to play.

Last edited:

TunerAddict

Starter
Im not too familiar with anyone from the spurs....im gonna go with wilson chandler vs the spurs as the key matchup. Tuner mentioned a F/C who will dominate us...wouldnt suprise me if hes right. We got several sf's and guards on our team..but i expect us to get owned by PF/C's who know how to play.

JJ Hickson tore us apart, so we can clearly see we're a small team without anyinside presence.

The French guy I mentioned is averaging 14 ppg and 8.5 rpg

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
JJ Hickson tore us apart, so we can clearly see we're a small team without anyinside presence.

The French guy I mentioned is averaging 14 ppg and 8.5 rpg

co-sign...but i think we'll out run them and easily win this game. Nate and chandler will dominate

pat

Starter
What do you reckon: does N8 play in the summer league to put Marbury out of business? Normally he is much better -- and by now older -- than playing summer league.