Realistic ideas to move Zach..possible future teams to trade with

Paul1355

All Star
Many people have picked teams to trade Zach and since the Clips got refused, it doesnt seem likely they will counter offer with a better deal. I'm looking at teams that dont have a solid PF, have a defensive Center to back up Curry, and a decent shooting guard to back up Crawford. We are wekest at the Center spot and no one backs up Crawford as a pure SG. So i looked up rosters and came up with the Sonics, Suns,Kings,Cavs,Pacers and Bulls. Each of those teams doesnt have a top offensive PF like Zach and has decent Center and SG players so if any of them wont work let me know im not mentioning financial status for each team. You can throw in any other bench players that would make sense. Note that I picked players in return that are more likely to be traded for Zach.

Sonics- They are overloaded with Centers so what better team to trade with to get a big man? Durant is a tall SF and they have no big man to help offensively in that post, Collison could play a David Lee role...Zach fits...Durant can have a partner in the front court and Westbrook has another weapon to pass to. We can get young Centers in either Sergie Ibaka, Robert Swift, or Mouhamed Sene..all 6'11 and up. And get a guard in Damien Wilkins who shot good against the Knicks last year and averaged 9 ppg, solid backup or if they dont like it get a different SG in young 6'7 Michael Gelabale who averaged 4.3 points in 12 min off the bench.

Suns- Hey Mike D's former team! What better to team to trade with due to the fact that Mike D has a scouting report on every one of them and knows would would best fit? Now Boris Diaw is ok but nothing spectacular at PF..Zach could fit..also the Suns are overloaded with Centers like the Sonics and have good shooters...so lets get to the ideas. We can look at Centers in either Robin Lopez or my pick Brian Skinner who averaged 1.2 BPG off the bench. And at the SG spot Gorden Giricek who can shoot or young D.J Strawberry who is doing good in Summer league hittin 22 points in his first game, despite a tailbone injury.

Kings- Well the Kings dont have Shareef Abdur Raheem as a dominate player anymore due to his injuries and Artest and Martin are a great back court but no one to help in that post. They are in dire need of an offensive man. They too have a million centers like the Sonics and Suns so lets get to ideas again. Centers can be 6'11 hard working Jason Thompson the biggest shock of the 2008 draft, or 7 foot Spencer Hawes. Guards is tough because the only other SG avalailable is John Slamons who averaged 12 ppg in 31 min so he doesnt seem like a possibility but getting those two centers would do just fine.

Cavs- Lebron is by himself no one to help in that post. Being that the Cavs relied on bench players alot moving some of them could be out of the question. But lets check out the maybe's at SG. Sasha Pavlovic who is a pure shooter who averaged 7 ppg in 23 min last year, Delonte West who averaged 8 ppg in 25 min, and Wally Sczerbs if he plays SG. Centers arent my favorite on this team but here it goes, Anderson Varejo got decet numbers but he might be hard to get so, Dwayne Jones who played only 8 min a game is likely to be let loose for anyone. Jones averaged 1.4 ppg and 2.5 rbpg in those 8 min being 6'11 and 251 pounds.

Pacers- Now i recently turned down an offer from someone on this site to trade for Jamal Tinsely. We need a C and a SG so here it goes being that the Pacers have no top PF and Try Mcmurphy isnt a top guy lets look at the possbilities. David Harrison who averaged over 1 block per game off the bench would fit nicely as a shot blocker or my man Roy Hibbert who i think has alot of upside. At the guard spot the two Rush's, Kareem Rush and Brandon Rush are the only two is see possibly going, Kareem being more likely.

lastly the Bulls- Now the odds of Zach going to Chicago is bery unlikely but lets see if we offered the Bulls something. They get Zach who can make that team perfect with all that talent and the PF spot finally being filled. Rose has a post weapon and Zach can rebound like no other for them. Hes a lot of money bu thats not why i made this thread. The Bulls are loaded with SG's so lets take a look. Shabo Thefolosha or Shannon Brown look like possibilities, even Ben Gordon who they might get rid of. Centers is a question mark because they dont have any good ones..Joakim Noah will probably start so he's out of the trade possibility..so were left with a man named Aaron Gray and Omer Asik who was drafted from Turkey.

Ok thats it if any of these trades are possible with a give and take let me know. i know that many of them seem unlikely due to cap space but if u can throw in players to even it up go right ahead...skys the limit.

dre48ny

Rotation player
The Cavs make sense. Ferry has the pressure to get a deal done but all he has done is sign Gibson. Hickson will be ok as a rookie, but he knows LeBron needs some real help. Randolph for Szcerbiak and a draft pick. Salaries match and Szcerbaik's contract expires.

portega1968

El Cacique
like I stated in another thread, getting Harrison from Indiana along with Rasho would be nice. in terms of guards, Id like to grab Giricek from the Suns.

portega1968

El Cacique
Walsh didnt just want a second round pick from the Clips... he believes he could get at least a serviceable player in return as well as dump Zachs deal.

He should pitch Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins to Indiana for a resigned David Harrison (midlevel 2yr deal). Indiana is looking for 20/10 PF. Mardy will shore up the defense in their backcourt since TJ Ford is now the starter and Tinsley is probably on his way out. To make the deal work, we would need back Rasho Nesterovic and Jeff Foster.

Then, I would talk to Mullins and pitch him a deal of Eddy Curry and David Lee for Al Harrington and Marco Belinelli.

Nate/Duhon
Crawford/Belinelli/Roberson
QRich/Chandler/Jeffries/Balkman
Harrington/Gallinari/Rose
Harrison/Rasho/Foster

This is considering Jerome James and Marbury are released before November, which to me seems more likely than not.

portega1968

El Cacique
Why do you like David Harrison so much?

In sum: shotblocker, good shooting percentage, affordable

Don't get me wrong, Im not crazy about his game. He sucks at the FT line and can be turnover prone. But:

* This team we have now will be guard-focused and we will not be needing an AllStar in the middle (even Balkman at 6'8" will probably see minutes in the middle). Harrison is a legit Center at 7ft and 260.

* He shoots over 50% (so we can trust his judgement there)

* He's a shotblocker (can easily get three a game if given the minutes)

* He can be had for a mid or lower level contract under 2 years

* Still young at 26; should adapt well to the seven second offense

just blogging

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The Cavs make sense. Ferry has the pressure to get a deal done but all he has done is sign Gibson. Hickson will be ok as a rookie, but he knows LeBron needs some real help. Randolph for Szcerbiak and a draft pick. Salaries match and Szcerbaik's contract expires.

Agreed. Good move for both teams.

Paul1355

All Star
Question for all posters

Does anybody here feel that the Clippers and Knicks will still be talking for a Zach deal? Because we can get Quinton Ross at SG and the Centers are hard because the Clips have two top Centers in Kaman and Camby so question is will they be willing to trade one of them? or is it more likely for us to get Deandre Jordan and a Quinton Ross? A 19 year old Center to back up Curry and an ok SG whos cheap to backup Crawford.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Clippers put Zach Randolph "VALUE" out there in the open market.

All of the NBA teams will look at Zach Randolph with an idea of the Bucks trade and Clippers trade for him.
At least My-Homey David Lee can walk up to Isiah, Walsh, and D'Antoni and say, "I may not be a Starter here, but I'm worth a 5th Lottery Pick.". LOL

Donnie Walsh is an "IDIOT", and D'Antoni is a "BIGGER IDIOT" for not bringing this to Walsh attention (after this offer their will be none better.).
I will laugh my heartout when Zach gets all up in coach D'Antoni's face for taking him out of the game or reducing his playingtime.

There is no way on this earth that coach D'Antoni can change the NBA view of Zach Randolph in the next two years (2010).

Zach Randolph is not an uptempo player.
Marbury, Crawford, Q.Rich, Zach, and Curry, are not uptempo players.

Kiyaman

Legend
Does anybody here feel that the Clippers and Knicks will still be talking for a Zach deal? Because we can get Quinton Ross at SG and the Centers are hard because the Clips have two top Centers in Kaman and Camby so question is will they be willing to trade one of them? or is it more likely for us to get Deandre Jordan and a Quinton Ross? A 19 year old Center to back up Curry and an ok SG whos cheap to backup Crawford.

One Kaman and Camby spent their first 3 years in the NBA as PF.
Kaman can score down-low and Camby can score from the outside, even hit a couple of the three's. However both can defend well against the leagues elite PF & C.

6.10 SF-Tim Thomas dont have to rebound consistently or worry about getting beat off the dribble with both Kaman & Camby defending the paint.
All Tim Thomas have to do is shoot over is defenders averaging 45% FG average.

Baron Davis will average 32 to 38 mpg at the point.
Mobley will defend and Eric Gordon will have a fare chance at the rookie of the year award.

All of the Clippers young players will get a chance at making the depth chart off the bench stronger with the guidance of the veteran Starters.
The Clippers just took the Nuggets and GS spot next season in the postseason by taking their PG & Center.

Now what were you saying about the Knicks....... WANTS???

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

This trade is dead. I don't know wtf is going on in Denver. The last couple of years some funny stuff has been happening around the league. From Paul Gasol to the Lakers for peanuts to KG to the Celtics for peanuts and now a top five defensive center traded for a 2nd round pick. We should have called for Walshes head if he did take that weak ass trade. At this point we just have to wait and see. I don't know if Cleavland wants to add salary or not. Crawford seems to fit their style better then Randolph does.

nyk_nyk

All Star
The Clippers put Zach Randolph "VALUE" out there in the open market.

All of the NBA teams will look at Zach Randolph with an idea of the Bucks trade and Clippers trade for him.
At least My-Homey David Lee can walk up to Isiah, Walsh, and D'Antoni and say, "I may not be a Starter here, but I'm worth a 5th Lottery Pick.". LOL

Donnie Walsh is an "IDIOT", and D'Antoni is a "BIGGER IDIOT" for not bringing this to Walsh attention (after this offer their will be none better.).
I will laugh my heartout when Zach gets all up in coach D'Antoni's face for taking him out of the game or reducing his playingtime.

There is no way on this earth that coach D'Antoni can change the NBA view of Zach Randolph in the next two years (2010).

Zach Randolph is not an uptempo player.
Marbury, Crawford, Q.Rich, Zach, and Curry, are not uptempo players.
Just becuase the Clippers offered a 2nd rd pick does not mean that the entire NBA agrees with the value they set. Bottom line is teams that feel they are a 20 and 10 guy away from contention will try to get him for whatever it takes. Everyone knows Zach is worth waaay more than a 2nd rd pick, no matter how much D he doesn't play.

Paul1355

All Star
trade randolph for someone like Kwyame Brown with a big expiring contract and a couple of picks

idk about Kawme maybe just cuz his contract is up but he's a dissapointment. Any decent Center is a good move at this point and a pick would help...but a Zach offer can be better with time.