my summer league rankings

swagger.B

Rookie
Here are my knicks summer league rankings, Please give you opinion and your rankings

Wilson Chandler-A- He played well this summer league he did have two 10 point and one 4 point scoring games, but he showed us that he can play at a high level and can start over Q-Brick.

Anthony Roberson-C, um ok yes he can shoot and yes the new system is run and gunn But come on he doesn't pass at all he suppose to be a point guard he was selfish this summer league. I think he should play in Europe knicks please don't sign this dude.

Mardy Collins-B- He played good at times, hes showing he wants to play with the knicks this year and is putting allot of effort in. He can still improve his jump shot and decision making in my opinion.

Nate Robinson-C- Didn't play hard this summer league looked lazy i don't think he gonna play like that this season but i really don't know what was going on with him this summer league.

Danilo Gallinari-N/A That one game he played he impressed by scoring 14 points in the 2nd half . He just had to get the feel of his first nba game. Needs to get stronger. Some people forget he play in a league and has great experience. He will do good his rookie season no rookie of the year but he will have success. if i had to grade him on that one game i would give him a B-

Please tell me what you think thanks

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
mardy collins definately no B, didnt really impress me wit anything, he pretty much did what i expected em to do

Kiyaman

Legend
I have to give the Knicks management and coaching of this Summer League Team a F, for failure for not having a center and PF on the roster.
When coach Herb Williams, Mark Aquire, and Hannerty coached the Knicks summer league team the past 4 years each had a full roster of players at every position.

6.8 SF-Wilson Chandler should be playing all his minutes at his natural postion (SF), rather than the PF and Center on this summer league team.
The Knicks coach for this summer league team STINKS...

Toons

is the Bo$$
we have power forwards.....David lee and Zach Randolph
we need a center.
Kiyah, u cant grade management after summer league games, D'Antoni didn't coach one game yet, the coach of summer league doesn't select his players, he made the best of what the had after danillo went down, so lighten up a bit...judging by the game threads, ur a box score watcher.....if u did, u wud be impressed with the likes of roberson, dino (second half) and chandler....also wafer has a nice shooting touch and he can create his own shot.....this summer league was productive, wasn't the best seeing how we couldn't see our first rounder play, but i listened to the interviews during the games of the coaching staff, the gm, and several players, and i like the attitude they have. Donnie spoke about curry, and said he watched curry on defense being too deep under the basket, he will teach eddy about spacing, how to intimidate....he said if curry just took one more step outwards, guards would think twice about coming inside, donnie stressed defense and how offense can create defense....he has a different philosophy and i like the change....the players are already feeding into his system.....im looking forward to a very productive 2008-2009 season....i predict 38 wins.

Summer League Game Player Ratings

Nate : D+ (2 for 16 in 2 games for a 12% fg percentage....23mins per game, disappointing from the last year mvp performance.)
Roberson : C (good shooter, but thats about it)
Chandler: B+ (Averaged 16 & 7rebs, 31 & 12 game, 26, 8, 2blk game)
Collins: D- (overrated, let players blow past him, 35% from the field, 4 assists, in 25 mins)
Balkman : B (ALMOST A B+ FOR 1.5 BLK PER GAME)
Cock : incomplete (C+ So far)

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
we have power forwards.....David lee and Zach Randolph
we need a center.
Kiyah, u cant grade management after summer league games, D'Antoni didn't coach one game yet, the coach of summer league doesn't select his players, he made the best of what the had after danillo went down, so lighten up a bit...judging by the game threads, ur a box score watcher.....if u did, u wud be impressed with the likes of roberson, dino (second half) and chandler....also wafer has a nice shooting touch and he can create his own shot.....this summer league was productive, wasn't the best seeing how we couldn't see our first rounder play, but i listened to the interviews during the games of the coaching staff, the gm, and several players, and i like the attitude they have. Donnie spoke about curry, and said he watched curry on defense being too deep under the basket, he will teach eddy about spacing, how to intimidate....he said if curry just took one more step outwards, guards would think twice about coming inside, donnie stressed defense and how offense can create defense....he has a different philosophy and i like the change....the players are already feeding into his system.....im looking forward to a very productive 2008-2009 season....i predict 38 wins.

Summer League Game Player Ratings

Nate : D+ (2 for 16 in 2 games for a 12% fg percentage....23mins per game, disappointing from the last year mvp performance.)
Roberson : C (good shooter, but thats about it)
Chandler: B+ (Averaged 16 & 7rebs, 31 & 12 game, 26, 8, 2blk game)
Collins: D- (overrated, let players blow past him, 35% from the field, 4 assists, in 25 mins)
Balkman : B (ALMOST A B+ FOR 1.5 BLK PER GAME)
Cock : incomplete (C+ So far)

Whomever put this Knick Summer league team together did it at the spear of a joking moment. And that person deserves a grade of "F".
All of the Knicks summer league players have to play the majority of their playingtime out of their natural positions on this Knick summer league team.
It's funny enough that the Knicks got a 3rd season SF, a 2nd season SF, and an early Lottery Pick SF, on the summer league team roster. Plus they added two pickup unsigned SF to the team too. LOL
But the hillarious funny part of this is they put a 4th season PG that won the MVP of last year summer league games on the roster with a 3rd season PG. They both look bad because all their teammates are playing out of position.

Kiyaman

Legend
Example: Knicks vs Bobcats

Knicks ex-assistant coach Hannerty of the Bobcats exploited the Knicks playing all of their players out of position, by beating the Knicks 103 to 71 (32 point win).
Coach Hannerty took big advantage of the Knicks not having any bigmen on this summer roster by outrebounding the Knicks 56 to 27.
All of coach Hannerty Bobcat players were playing at their natural positions so the chemistry and passing game was a 100 times better than the Knicks (16 assists to 8).
Just think Hannerty coached last year Knicks summer league team to a 6-0 winning advantage just by playing each player at their natural position.
Although coach Hannerty did have a great big advantage over all his oponents as the Knicks coach with a 6.8 SG-Demetris Nichols and a 6.8 SF-Wilson Chandler (the tandem played well and great together).

GetRealistic

Starter
Example: Knicks vs Bobcats

Knicks ex-assistant coach Hannerty of the Bobcats exploited the Knicks playing all of their players out of position, by beating the Knicks 103 to 71 (32 point win).
Coach Hannerty took big advantage of the Knicks not having any bigmen on this summer roster by outrebounding the Knicks 56 to 27.
All of coach Hannerty Bobcat players were playing at their natural positions so the chemistry and passing game was a 100 times better than the Knicks (16 assists to 8).
Just think Hannerty coached last year Knicks summer league team to a 6-0 winning advantage just by playing each player at their natural position.
Although coach Hannerty did have a great big advantage over all his oponents as the Knicks coach with a 6.8 SG-Demetris Nichols and a 6.8 SF-Wilson Chandler (the tandem played well and great together).

Its the summer league dude. The games do not count at all, yea we were 6-0 last season, and guess what we won 23 regular season games so its pretty obvious there is no coraltion between the two.

All the big men (albeit fat, overpaid, and mediocre players) have been in the league for atleast 5 years so of course they are not going to play in the summer league, and unfortunately with the cap situation we are not going to add another big man so what is the point of having a big man on our summer league team. If you look at the summer league teams, they are comprised of the last few years draft picks (for the Knicks Small forwards and guards) and they rest are just roster fillers.

I think you need to be banned from watching summer league games, you take them way to seriously. You've anoited Demetrius Nichols (may or may not catch on with the bulls) and Randolph Morris (won't make the C's now that O'Bryant signed) great players based on the summer league.

If winning summer league games were so important we coulda just rented Tractor Traylor for the week to rebound. But in reality what does that accomplish?

Also a young big man from the D-League or Euro league wouldn't want to join the Knicks summer league team because he knows no matter how he plays there just isn't any room for him. Even the small players have agents and they know what the teams are looking for. You think it was an accident the Knicks were looking for another guard and we had a bunch of guards (Roberson, Wafer, Graves, etc) from Europe and the D-League on the team?

Last edited:

jpz17

Starter
Antonio Graves should've got more playing time, hes the best Knick, he would've scored 20ppg, hes better than Anthony Roberson, he sucks. Chandler gets an A for effort, because I don't think he will play much with Q and Gally

Paul1355

All Star
Here are my knicks summer league rankings, Please give you opinion and your rankings

Wilson Chandler-A- He played well this summer league he did have two 10 point and one 4 point scoring games, but he showed us that he can play at a high level and can start over Q-Brick.

Anthony Roberson-C, um ok yes he can shoot and yes the new system is run and gunn But come on he doesn't pass at all he suppose to be a point guard he was selfish this summer league. I think he should play in Europe knicks please don't sign this dude.

Mardy Collins-B- He played good at times, hes showing he wants to play with the knicks this year and is putting allot of effort in. He can still improve his jump shot and decision making in my opinion.

Nate Robinson-C- Didn't play hard this summer league looked lazy i don't think he gonna play like that this season but i really don't know what was going on with him this summer league.

Danilo Gallinari-N/A That one game he played he impressed by scoring 14 points in the 2nd half . He just had to get the feel of his first nba game. Needs to get stronger. Some people forget he play in a league and has great experience. He will do good his rookie season no rookie of the year but he will have success. if i had to grade him on that one game i would give him a B-

Please tell me what you think thanks

Collins shot 36% in summer league...i give him a C

Paul1355

All Star
Its the summer league dude. The games do not count at all, yea we were 6-0 last season, and guess what we won 23 regular season games so its pretty obvious there is no coraltion between the two.

All the big men (albeit fat, overpaid, and mediocre players) have been in the league for atleast 5 years so of course they are not going to play in the summer league, and unfortunately with the cap situation we are not going to add another big man so what is the point of having a big man on our summer league team. If you look at the summer league teams, they are comprised of the last few years draft picks (for the Knicks Small forwards and guards) and they rest are just roster fillers.

I think you need to be banned from watching summer league games, you take them way to seriously. You've anoited Demetrius Nichols (may or may not catch on with the bulls) and Randolph Morris (won't make the C's now that O'Bryant signed) great players based on the summer league.

If winning summer league games were so important we coulda just rented Tractor Traylor for the week to rebound. But in reality what does that accomplish?

Also a young big man from the D-League or Euro league wouldn't want to join the Knicks summer league team because he knows no matter how he plays there just isn't any room for him. Even the small players have agents and they know what the teams are looking for. You think it was an accident the Knicks were looking for another guard and we had a bunch of guards (Roberson, Wafer, Graves, etc) from Europe and the D-League on the team?

True thats why i feel we'll do better this season just cuz of the fact we didnt go 6-0 in summer league...maybe our players will realize that winning summer leauge games doesnt mean jack shyt and it doesnt mean your a good team. And that you have to work harder as a team.