Lee wants to stay in New York!!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Last Offseason, I was bashed by so many members for saying that David Lee was the Knicks 2007-8 Season Starter over Zach Randolph (20-10 performance with 4 turnovers). The Knicks had a 4 turnover king in the starting lineup already name Curry, with Crawford comming in second.
Why would you add a turnover player (Zach Randolph) to a lineup that have two of the teams top turnovers.
Zach was supposed to come off the bench as a 2nd unit player with 6.8 Balkman, 6.8 Chandler, 5.9 Nate, and 6.8 D.Nicholes (Isiah was not supposed to cut 6.8 SG-D.Nicholes for 6.2 SG-Fred Jones).
Does the Knicks new President and coach knows this?
It seems they dont with all the trade controversy being made about David Lee.

GetRealistic

Starter
Lee is one if not the only asset this team has in trades. Everybody wants to shake this team up by making trades yet nobody wants to David Lee, Nate Robinson or Renaldo Balkman. Maybe i'm wrong but last i checked the market for Jared Jefferies, Q. Richardson, Eddy Curry, and Jerome James was non existant. In order to move one of those awful contracts they have to atleast be packaged with one of the young low contract guys.

Kiya what winning team uses a 10 man rotation? It doesn't happen so please and i mean please stop mentioning D. Nicholes that ship has sailed. Everybody knew last season he wasn't going to make the roster, so now a full season later it needs to be let go.

Everybody needs to back off Walsh for a month or two. Theres no rule that trades have to be made in June and July we still have months before training camp and months before the trading deadline so we have plenty of time for stuff to happen. Lets save our judgement till he atleast does something. People act like he came into a quick fix situation, were not like the Celtics of last year who have good young players like Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Delonte West, and Ryan Gomes to trade to get immediate impact. We have a roster filled with overpaid underachievers.

I have a positive feeling that Zach Randolph will be traded, not sure what we'll get but obviously Donnie is smart enough to not jump on that Clipper trade that would have had us give up our #1 pick. If we can make a smart trade with Randolph where we get expiring contracts and draft pick and buyout Marbury i would say the offseason was a success.

Drafted a young guy with potential to be a nice player for the next decade.

Added a solid PG but didn't overpay or lock ourselves into a long term deal.

Added a nice deep bench spot up shooter in Roberson. He may not play much but it never hurts to have an extra shooter or your bench, has more value then Randolph Morris had last season and they both make the same money.

Hopefully trade Zach for expiring deals and or draft picks.

Bought ought Marbury.

If you ask me thats a sucessful offseason. It may not be the sexy offseason that people are looking for when we add immediate all stars but its an offseason that stuck with the gameplan. And if trading Lee helps us reach this game plan so be it.

We all want to win next year, and it would be great if we did win but more importantly we need to see players like Chandler, Robinson, Lee (if hes on the team), and Gallinari grow. If Chandler turns into a top 10 SF in the league this season this rebuilding process could move along alot more rapidly.

metrocard

Legend
Lee is one if not the only asset this team has in trades. Everybody wants to shake this team up by making trades yet nobody wants to David Lee, Nate Robinson or Renaldo Balkman. Maybe i'm wrong but last i checked the market for Jared Jefferies, Q. Richardson, Eddy Curry, and Jerome James was non existant. In order to move one of those awful contracts they have to atleast be packaged with one of the young low contract guys.

Kiya what winning team uses a 10 man rotation? It doesn't happen so please and i mean please stop mentioning D. Nicholes that ship has sailed. Everybody knew last season he wasn't going to make the roster, so now a full season later it needs to be let go.

Everybody needs to back off Walsh for a month or two. Theres no rule that trades have to be made in June and July we still have months before training camp and months before the trading deadline so we have plenty of time for stuff to happen. Lets save our judgement till he atleast does something. People act like he came into a quick fix situation, were not like the Celtics of last year who have good young players like Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Delonte West, and Ryan Gomes to trade to get immediate impact. We have a roster filled with overpaid underachievers.

I have a positive feeling that Zach Randolph will be traded, not sure what we'll get but obviously Donnie is smart enough to not jump on that Clipper trade that would have had us give up our #1 pick. If we can make a smart trade with Randolph where we get expiring contracts and draft pick and buyout Marbury i would say the offseason was a success.

Drafted a young guy with potential to be a nice player for the next decade.

Added a solid PG but didn't overpay or lock ourselves into a long term deal.

Added a nice deep bench spot up shooter in Roberson. He may not play much but it never hurts to have an extra shooter or your bench, has more value then Randolph Morris had last season and they both make the same money.

Hopefully trade Zach for expiring deals and or draft picks.

Bought ought Marbury.

If you ask me thats a sucessful offseason. It may not be the sexy offseason that people are looking for when we add immediate all stars but its an offseason that stuck with the gameplan. And if trading Lee helps us reach this game plan so be it.

We all want to win next year, and it would be great if we did win but more importantly we need to see players like Chandler, Robinson, Lee (if hes on the team), and Gallinari grow. If Chandler turns into a top 10 SF in the league this season this rebuilding process could move along alot more rapidly.

colin-resigned-read.jpg

4veap78.jpg

4t71k00.jpg

colin_powell.jpg

aintreadinallthatshit.jpg

6y5pfew.jpg

colincmon.jpg

146fs184814.gif

Paul1355

All Star
Last Offseason, I was bashed by so many members for saying that David Lee was the Knicks 2007-8 Season Starter over Zach Randolph (20-10 performance with 4 turnovers). The Knicks had a 4 turnover king in the starting lineup already name Curry, with Crawford comming in second.
Why would you add a turnover player (Zach Randolph) to a lineup that have two of the teams top turnovers.
Zach was supposed to come off the bench as a 2nd unit player with 6.8 Balkman, 6.8 Chandler, 5.9 Nate, and 6.8 D.Nicholes (Isiah was not supposed to cut 6.8 SG-D.Nicholes for 6.2 SG-Fred Jones).
Does the Knicks new President and coach knows this?
It seems they dont with all the trade controversy being made about David Lee.

I think you should still be bashed, Lee is a great player and if started would do good but not over Zach. Zach can rebound as much as Lee and score 20 a game with it. Being that they are both weak defensively there arent many things that Lee has an advantage over when comparing him to Zach. I think Zach isnt worth the 13 mil he's getting but he is better than Lee. Lee is faster and prob works harder to improve his game thats the only thing i see Lee is better at and thats not enough to start over Zach. If anything, Lee should start at PF and Zach at C so we have rebounding machines out there...we'd suck at defense but with Curry in there you arent getting a shot blocker either so atleast rebounding can make up for some bad defense. Maybe my Lee at PF and Zach at C theory isnt good but Lee does not have starting rights over Zach.

jpz17

Starter
One big reason why the Knicks are looking to deal him is because he will ask for big money, but Knicks fans will hate Walsh if he trades him

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
One big reason why the Knicks are looking to deal him is because he will ask for big money, but Knicks fans will hate Walsh if he trades him

i think its more that other teams want lee wit one of the bad contracts we are offering