Lee wants to stay in New York!!!!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
LEE: KNICKS ARE HEADED RIGHT WAY

Knick forward David LeeDavid Lee , a name in every trade rumor that involves The Franchise Isiah Ravaged, acknowledged he doesn't know his future in New York.

But Lee already sees positive change in the KnicksNew York Knicks under new coach Mike D'Antoni and GM Donnie Walsh.

"With the acquisition of Danilo Gallinari, he's a good character guy, and Chris Duhon coming in, I can see that there's a lot more positive feelings around the facility," Lee said at halftime of last night's Liberty-Fever game at Arthur Ashe Stadium.

"Character's something they want to put a premium on. There's not a big difference in the NBA between wins and losses. I think a lot of it comes down to character and chemistry. I'm glad we're moving in that direction."

Whether the Knicks complete that move with Lee remains uncertain. After three seasons, the Knicks, burdened with more bad salaries than the MTA, know they'll have to come up with a lucrative deal to retain Lee.

Lee said D'Antoni recently told him, at lunch in Las Vegas, that he wants to keep the former Florida star. And Lee doesn't want to leave the Big Apple.

"I've loved building a niche between the fans and the media," said Lee, who shelled out $17,500 of his own money to send 1,000 fans to last night's game.

"Playing in New York, after you've been here, anything else is a step down," he added. "I've been through so much in three years, I'd love to be here when it turns around."

Paul1355

All Star
Sounds like he's slyly talking shit about his teammates. Team Starbury where you at????

he's sayin the chemistry has been the main issue which we all can agree with he's tellin it as it is. I agree wit Lee completely chemistry was the issue and Mike D is the perfect coach to change that.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
David Lee is a good player. If he wants to stay, that's fine. However, his contract expires in 2009, and he's going to want a lot of money. I wouldn't mind Lee getting traded, personally. Especially if he's packaged with Eddy Curry. Curry is the #1 person who should be out of this team. I'm tired of all this talk about Curry and his potential. Someone that averages 4 rebounds and .5 blocks, despite being 6-11 does not have much potential, upside, talent-whatever you wanna call it. Curry has been in the NBA for 7 years. It's time for him to leave the Knicks and become another team's bench player.

Team Starbury is right here.
troopsdm0803_468x432.jpg

Akamu

The King
Starbury General righ here son
starburygeneralfa8.jpg

I'm everywhere you don't even need to say it twice I already know!

Kiyaman

Legend
David Lee happen to be the number one chemistry player on this Knick Roster right now. Lee wants to stay a Knick and finish out his contract so he can test the waters of the FA market next offseason. He dont want to go to a team for just one season.
It does not matter what type of system David Lee have to play in next season (Brown, Isiah, or D'Antoni), Lee will flourish in his ending contract season.

GetRealistic

Starter
Well of course he's going to say he wants to stay. He knows he's loved by the fans so why would he alienate them by saying he wants to leave or he wants a pay day.

Lee is a solid player, he's not the star some people think he is but he is deffinately a player that would really benefit a winning team. Unfortunately we are not a winning team and most likely won't be a winning team by the time his contract comes up. I have no problem keeping Lee but i also would have no problem trading him if the right deal comes along.

jpz17

Starter
Team Starbury backup is on the way
065soldierDM_468x367.jpg

Lee is a great player, and I hope he stays in NY, but Duhon can't start, Marbury is our guy

metrocard

Legend
Lee has all the tools, ability and skills to average 18 and 10 on 60% FG 80% FT and 2 assist.

He's the BEST big man on this roster for this system.

High tempo = mucho rebounds.

Lee is good at passing and is smart offensively.

We all know Lee can score, but his ability was neglected by Isiah's obsession with Curry. Lee HAS a jumpshot, contrary to the belief in this forum that he doesn't.

Keep him.

Let go of Curr and Rand

Get a center.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
He's the kind of guy that we should keep forever, NY loves him, he loves NY and everybody is happy.
Plus, he puts some good numbers, he's a rebound machine!

Paul1355

All Star
Lee has all the tools, ability and skills to average 18 and 10 on 60% FG 80% FT and 2 assist.

He's the BEST big man on this roster for this system.

High tempo = mucho rebounds.

Lee is good at passing and is smart offensively.

We all know Lee can score, but his ability was neglected by Isiah's obsession with Curry. Lee HAS a jumpshot, contrary to the belief in this forum that he doesn't.

Keep him.

Let go of Curr and Rand

Get a center.

cosign Lee does have a jumpshot and has been improving it every year with his good work ethic. If he ever started a full season he should put up the numbers metro listed, maybe not 18 ppg but def up there in rebounds he will be a top 10 leader for years in rebounds. And we need a Center extremely i hope Donnie realizes that sooner or later.

Akamu

The King
I give Lee his credit he has his rebound game, and I commend him for this:

Also since I don't see major moves being made, might as well keep Lee for the running game. Let's see how this plays out I am interested-

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Lee is a player that we cannot let go b/c it would be a HUGE mistake.The ball is in the Knicks front offices hands now and with the decision they have with Lee will show all of us Knicks fans do they really want to turn this team around or keep losing.If they get rid of a player like Lee that is a team player,that cares about his team and wants to win and keep bums like Curry and Randoph that are total oposite of Lee and don't give a crap about the team that they play for.Then imo the Knicks front office has'nt changed a bit and could care less if the Knicks win or not.

LEE NEEDS TO STAY A KNICK!!!!!!!

Paul1355

All Star
I give Lee his credit he has his rebound game, and I commend him for this:

Also since I don't see major moves being made, might as well keep Lee for the running game. Let's see how this plays out I am interested-

i saw ur video...:thumbsup: good stuff just shows some proof that the players didnt respect Isiah.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Damn, Isiah Thomas got played. It's his fault though, for letting guys like Eddy Curry, Jerome James, Zach Randolph and Quentin Richardson get away with being fat, and by starting the players with the most money, rather than starting the most talented players. David Lee and Wilson Chandler should have been in the starting lineup, last year, instead of Eddy Curry and Quentin Richardson. Hopefully Lee and Chandler get to start in place of Curry and Richardson this year. Curry and Richardson need to both get traded. I don't know how you can have talks about waiving, trading, or buying out Marbury, and have no talks about trading, waiving, or buying out Quentin Richardson and Eddy Curry.

clumsy

Rotation player
i just hope when his contract expires he doens't ask for 10 million a year cuz i'm sorry he isn't worth that much.