Run and Gun?

What offense will the D'Antoni implement next year?

• The seven-second offense used in Phoenix

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • He will innovate and play to the strengths of what we have now

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Akamu

The King
lmaoooooooooo, u tellin me to watch the games and u talkin about crawford starting PG????lmaoo, i got nothing to say

Jamal is a combo guard SG/PG, and he started a lot of games at PG, I don't understand your amusement towards that, you clearly mistake me for Isaiah Thomas-

Here is the man you should be laughing at:

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Damn, these dudes are calling Akuma out? *calls out his goonies*

How is Crawford selfish?

I'm suprised that many people asked the question.

Have you SEEN his shot selection? Its almost as bad as Zach Randolph and JR Smith combined.

Even back in the year when Larry Brown disciplined Jamal, Crawford played controlled for 5-10 games and went back to his regardless chucking self.

Crawford averages a lot of assist because he dominates the ball alot, you all should know this.

Crawford has been the most selfish Knick the last 3 years. His shot selection is inexcusable.
He makes way too many individual errors (traveling, not taking care of the ball, ridiculous shot attempts, no effort on defense).

Crawford doesn't care about this team and never shown on the court he has.

You guys may be FOOLED by his nice guy Derek Jeter wanna be persona off the court, but it definitely doesn't excuse his performance on the court.

The guy plays for himself period.

He KNOWS he isn't the best guard on the team, if he wasn't selfish he would of let Isiah know Marbury should be the vocal point of the offense, not him. For the BETTER of the team.

If Crawford wasn't SELFISH...your boy would of realized Knicks only made the playoffs under Marbury and played best when Marbury is at his best. This is a fact I continue to bring up until you guys understand Isiah failed the organization when he made two C level players like Crawford and Curry the vocal points of the offense.

Isiah is a weird dude. Dude was a great defender, PG, and on a great defensive team.
He didn't even TEACH anything to our players or enforce defense or support a great PG like Marbury...dude just wanted to see the Knicks fall from the get-go.

We could REALLY expand on this conversation because I have a lot of to say on this, its been of my biggest pet peeves as a Knick fan the last 3 years.
Its sad to see people still have love ties to such a cancer like Jamal.

Good kid, great one dimensional talent, fun crossover dribble, but not a player you want on your basketball team.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
good points metro...man the way i look at it and you can not deny this hes DEFF selfish when he thinks hes "hot" this dude starts chucking like theres no 2morrow and 1/10 he would actually hit when he starts chuking...ugh thats what i hated about crawford he would hit a 3 and he would go and chuck another 3 -_- and that he never freaking left the game..but that aint his fault

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Great job Starbarians and i just wanna add one more thing. Crawford is selfish because he doesnt play to his strengths. If he did we would see crawford shoot more free throws then 3 pointers. He should use his crossover to slash and draw fouls but instead he jacks up ugly shots and constantly misses.

Im convinced that Isiah was gettin paid by chicago

Paul1355

All Star
well akamu im glad you said that Crawfod wasnt th only problem cuz that raised my eye brow when i started hearing that from fans that wanted a scape goat for the 23 win season. Crawford isnt a big passer...he did average 5 assist so he isnt a horrible contributor. But is a pure shooting SG he isnt a PG to me he's a pure shooting SG.

wow, I though you all were basketball minds, High IQ posters, who understood basketball, or actually watched games. How many of you are actually from new york, and have the MSG network. I dont know what games you are watching. But Crawford Selfish haha. That is absolutely ridiculous. On a team where Malik Rose bitches over playing time, Eddy curry eats his wait in food in between games, Marbury abandons his team, Zach Randolph Consistently prevents the offense from flowing. You have the nerve to call Crawford selfish. Crawford never, never , ever, ever comes out in the first quarter gunning away. He is a third and fourth quarter machine, usually around the time the knicks are down 15 pnts during half time, and he is forced to take the bulk of the shots, always contested due to the fact that are no true play makers on the squad. You guys must not know basketball one bit. Crawford will have a career year, and it will contribute to us winning basketball games. Isiah had no idea how to use him. THe man went in and out of the starting line, as a sixth man then start between numerous head coaches who all tried using him different ways. Did he bitch, and moan, and complain, no he came in and played hard on a shitty basketball team. All be it his shot selection can be poor, but all I Can clearly remember is in the games that we won, it was him holding us together down the stretch. And I do recall, when we were about to make the playoffs two season ago, we fell apart as soon as he went down. All together, the facts are the facts, IT drives me nuts with opinionated nonsensical outcry that I hear from some of these posts about him being selfish. Yes we are loaded with selfish talent in many ways, but a 2 hour dinner discussing everything concerning the team, between a coach who is known for being a great judge of character, and a player who has been the only positive character on a sinking ship, means alot more than any of you can post here. And heres the kicker, the man only costs us 3 or so million dollars a year over the mid level exception.

you were saying ???

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i really gota question ya man, do ya kno wtf selfish means??ya all say jamal is our "main guy", he was put in da position to be our guy, jamal crawford averaged 17.1 shots a game..now lets take a look at other #1 go to guys in which the team doesnt run team oriented offense.....
Kobe bryant: 20.9 Shots per game
Tracy McGrady: 19.8 shots per game
Gilbert arenas: 20.9 (nearly 8 3's per game, 06-07 year)
baron davis: 18.6 ( shootin 6.5 3's a game and knockin down only 2)
Kevin durant: 17.1 shots per game
dirk: 17.1 shots per game
michael redd: 17.3

theres more but i dont feel like wastin that much time, like what go to guy whose offense is not team orientated dont average over 15 shots a game,, like really though, shot selection has nothing to do wit selfish cuz if that was the case Vince Carter is the most selfish player of all time, so if u take 5 bad shots and u take 10 shots in a game, dat makes u selfish???what kinda sense is dat

metrocard

Legend
DerekHarp, you wrote a lot, but said nothing.

DaTruth, Crawford isn't half as good as though guys, him taking over 17 shots a game should be a crime.

Biggest chucker in Knicks history.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT SELFISH IS???
Crawford doesn't give other guys shot attempts unless its a gay ass alley oop to his boyfriend Curry.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
DaTruth, Crawford isn't half as good as though guys, him taking over 17 shots a game should be a crime.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT SELFISH IS???
Crawford doesn't give other guys shot attempts unless its a gay ass alley oop to his boyfriend Curry.

oh dat is very true metro, i completely agree wit u, but thats not jamal's fault, isiah put him in dat position so isiah is at fault, and its not only curry who gets lovely passes, lee gets easy shots off jamal's creativeness at times

Akamu

The King
wow, I though you all were basketball minds, High IQ posters, who understood basketball, or actually watched games. How many of you are actually from new york, and have the MSG network. I dont know what games you are watching. But Crawford Selfish haha. That is absolutely ridiculous. On a team where Malik Rose bitches over playing time, Eddy curry eats his wait in food in between games, Marbury abandons his team, Zach Randolph Consistently prevents the offense from flowing. You have the nerve to call Crawford selfish. Crawford never, never , ever, ever comes out in the first quarter gunning away. He is a third and fourth quarter machine, usually around the time the knicks are down 15 pnts during half time, and he is forced to take the bulk of the shots, always contested due to the fact that are no true play makers on the squad. You guys must not know basketball one bit. Crawford will have a career year, and it will contribute to us winning basketball games. Isiah had no idea how to use him. THe man went in and out of the starting line, as a sixth man then start between numerous head coaches who all tried using him different ways. Did he bitch, and moan, and complain, no he came in and played hard on a shitty basketball team. All be it his shot selection can be poor, but all I Can clearly remember is in the games that we won, it was him holding us together down the stretch. And I do recall, when we were about to make the playoffs two season ago, we fell apart as soon as he went down. All together, the facts are the facts, IT drives me nuts with opinionated nonsensical outcry that I hear from some of these posts about him being selfish. Yes we are loaded with selfish talent in many ways, but a 2 hour dinner discussing everything concerning the team, between a coach who is known for being a great judge of character, and a player who has been the only positive character on a sinking ship, means alot more than any of you can post here. And heres the kicker, the man only costs us 3 or so million dollars a year over the mid level exception.

you were saying ???

If we had to rely on this Crawford character to make the playoffs we deserve to lose, he is no Lebron James or even half the man Lebron is. Jamal is a role player player not a go to guy, he's not consistent, he might look consistent only because he has the freedom like that of an all-star, something he's not close to being-

At least your being optimistic in a sense, but do not be blinded by the points averaged and very few games we had won-

LoL the only positive character and the savior of the Knicks huh? We have players such as, David Lee, Wilson Chandler, Renaldo Balkman and etc. who have positive characteristics as well as upsides. You think too highly of Jamal, and he is certainly not the best player we have by a mile-

I really dis-like it when people will see a player with the most points and automatically just think it means he's the best, give me 40 minutes to handle the ball and I will find a way to score 20 points in a game, doesn't mean I would be doing my team justice-

Last edited:

GetRealistic

Starter
When the best PG in NBA history left the team/got injured who was supposed to play the PG position? Mardy Collins? Nate Robinson?

You guys are all brainwashed by Metro. If he says something you just want to follow him to get some sort of approval from him. Jamal Crawford has a ton of negitive qualities about his game but selfishness isn't one of them. The guy isn't selfish at all.

Whose the only one who bought into Larry Browns system? Jamal. Whose the player whose accountable to the media? Jamal. It's hilarious that Stephon Marbury fans have the nerve to call any player selfish.

metrocard

Legend
^ False.

Crawford bought into Larry's system for a couple of weeks, he went back to reg self in no time.

How is Crawford's chucking not selfish?
Or his overdribbling?

I don't care if he was the only "scorer" on the team. He's not efficient and not that good to be taking 17-20 shots a game.

Mardy Collins and Robinson are better PG's than Crawford, thats a fact.
Crawford's chucking and over dribbling make him the anti-PG.

Why are you on the media's dick so much? As if the media is all true and honest.
**** the media, Crawford was Isiah's pet and was told to be loyal to Isiah, and Isiah gave Crawford this team.
Marbury has been the best Knick the last 3-4 years; and Isiah stripped away his responsiblity on the team.
Is Marbury wrong for rebeling and starting a revolution against Isiah?
Hell no.
Every Knick fan in the world should be THANKFUL Marbury brought the business to Isiah, if Marbury stayed quiet like a doll as Crawford did, Isiah stay may be GM of the Knicks, and we'll have Eric Gordon on this team, another chucker.
Marbury did what every Knick fan wanted to do, sound out Isiah.

Crawford is an Isiahsexual, and you've been exposed many times as Isiahsexual.

You are BRAINWASHED and don't understand whats best for this team.
Crawford's dumbplay and selfishness is what held us back for 3 years.

He NEEDS to go, he doesn't play defense and jeopardizes our offense.

GetRealistic

Starter
Your a waste of time. Think what you want i really don't care. I'll appease your online ego.

You win, everything you say regarding the Knicks is undoubtably correct.

Stephon Marbury is the single greatest player to play in the NBA.

His shoes are by far the greatest act of humanatarism in recent memory.

Showing up on national TV as a representative of your team drunk/high is not inapproriate it is in fact cool and we all should strive to reach that level.

The 2004 Knicks team led by Stephon Marbury was the best team in team history. We got screwed by the refs in all four games of that series because otherwise we obviously would have won the championship under the leadership of Stephon Marbury.

It is completely understandable and should be applauded for a player to rebel against his coach and teammates, this act doesn't show selfishness it clearly sure intelligence beyond belief.

All media is nonsense. They all have self surving purpose to scew stats, and facts against Metros beliefs. And like i said earlier Metro is correct 99 percent of the time.

Jamal Crawford who is our leading scorer and assist man is by far the cause of all of our problems. If we took away his 20 ppg we surely would have been in the playoffs if not the finals.

Jamal is the only player on this team not to play defense. Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, and David Lee all excel on the defense.

When trying to avoid a topic or get people to forget it, the best method to use is simply post as many pictures, and videos that you can find and hopefully it will take the emphasis off what i say.

When you may be wrong in an arguement, simply just get your online friends to post pictures saying things like "owned" or youtube videos of boxing knockouts to make it seem like your victorious.

If you took a poll of informed Knicks fans over the age of 18 95 percent of them would be behind Marbury.

As a deflection technique tell others they are taking things to seriously and they are way to emotional.

There you go. You win, get me a Starbury Jersey and we can start a fund for his contract extension. I'm thinking as team Starbury we should all get some matching tatoos. No wait we changed our name Lets go with a Starbarian tatoo that sounds much better.

The end

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
2mgvav.jpg

Lets do this without your emotions going out of control. You're not going to cry on my shoulder this time.

David Lee's rebounding and intangibles account for his defensive limitations.

Crawford, Curry and Randolph don't even try on defense.

Last edited:
metro the saying nothing comment was not needed. I Said nothing that complies with your false notion of what real NBA basketball is, but to the rest of the basketball world who understands the mentality of the best scorer on a horrible basketball team realizes crawford took the shots he had to take. Randolph averaged 15.1 shots per game in 6 or so less minutes due to his inability to stay in the game that long. Curry averaged only 25 minutes per game, and marbury barely played. Now you tell me at 17.4 shots per game, who on this roster has the ability to even take that many shots and be effective. NO BODY.... its a roster issue, not a jamal crawford issue. No one here is saying he will be an all star next year, what we are syaing is, in the mix of a spread out offense, that MIke D will run, that involves sharing the ball. Crawford will thrive in the fact he can finish, hit free throws, and handle the rock as well as any one on the floor. HIS STRENGTHS WILL BE SHOWN THE FULLEST BY MIKE D. havent we all said that is our new coaches strong suit. You are responding to every one who likes crawford as if we are all saying hes the man, the best, the savior. All I am saying, and what i notice every one else is saying is that for 8 million dollars a year, hes not a bad shooting gaurd whats so ever.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
im still waitin on somebody to tell me how jamal crawford selfish, over dribbling/ bad shot selection doesnt consider u a selfish player, dats just bad basketball, Vince carter takes the dumbest shots in the whole NBA and he's not a selfish player, getrealistic, yeah its really funny how the marbury stans are calling somebody selfish, lmaaooo

metrocard

Legend
Chucking and overdribbling is playing for yourself.
Playing for yourself is selfish.
Crawford is selfish.

Its funny that you guys cry a lot, but Marbury was the guy who gave up the ball and his shot attempts to Isiah's clown offense of Crawford/Curry. Thats UNSELFISH.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Chucking and overdribbling is playing for yourself.
Playing for yourself is selfish.
Crawford is selfish.

Its funny that you guys cry a lot, but Marbury was the guy who gave up the ball and his shot attempts to Isiah's clown offense of Crawford/Curry. Thats UNSELFISH.

chuckin and overdribbling is not playing for yourself, what kinda bullshyt is dat??dats just over confidance and bad baskbetball, a selfish person wont go into offseason, add 15 pounds of muscle rather then u guys god who comes into training camp out of shape every year....a selfish person doesnt pass the rock when he has the chance to win the game...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ks4EOAv7D1k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ks4EOAv7D1k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this is going no where, no facts, no stats, no proof, just opinions. im sorry, but this has to come to an end. if your going to keep going back and forth with opinions, then we wont get any where. atleast I stated numbers to show why crawford was forced at so many times to play the way he has played, poor coaching, and poor supporting cast. for the money he makes, he is a good basketball player. just being forced into a role that is unfair, he is not a leader, he is not an all star, he is not a go to. He is a role playing shooting gaurd, being throw into the fire due to poor management. he will be used differently by MIke D then ever before. so end this nonsense, and lets talk facts.