Official Yankees Thread

metrocard

Legend
About time we had one.

We're on fire, 7 games in a row...Mo is god and had the ultimate clutch save against Boston.

We got Marte and Nady in exchange for Tabata and two other prospect.

This move would pan out if we made it to the world series. Giving up a talent like Tabata may be questioned, despite the fact he was slumping a bit in the minors.

We could use another starter, and I don't think Washburn is going to do well in NYC...I really want another young ACE to compliment Chamberlain...Mussina and Pettitte are at the end of their careers and we can't rely on Ponson full time. Yanks need to do something with the rotation.

We have the best bullpen in the MLB now.

Melky has to get it together too...his glove is gold, but his bat has been weak.

Paul1355

All Star
About time we had one.

We're on fire, 7 games in a row...Mo is god and had the ultimate clutch save against Boston.

We got Marte and Nady in exchange for Tabata and two other prospect.

This move would pan out if we made it to the world series. Giving up a talent like Tabata may be questioned, despite the fact he was slumping a bit in the minors.

We could use another starter, and I don't think Washburn is going to do well in NYC...I really want another young ACE to compliment Chamberlain...Mussina and Pettitte are at the end of their careers and we can't rely on Ponson full time. Yanks need to do something with the rotation.

We have the best bullpen in the MLB now.

Melky has to get it together too...his glove is gold, but his bat has been weak.

I agree on everything u mentioned, being that we have so much talent in the outfield in the minors Austin Jakson did pass Tabata so Tabata was good trade bait even though in a couple years he might be something. But what we got in return was terrific the move was good. I also feel that Washburn might not be a good fit even though Richie Sexson said that no one backed him up in Seattle. Washburn is gettin old and we do need an Ace i have stressed it for a while on this site.

metrocard

Legend
6a00c2252441198fdb00c22524f961549d-500pi

HOF catcher and possible the GOAT of catchers for Fransworth?

No brainer.

Pudge expires too, so it's a great rent move.

Molina is still the best back up in the MLB...we have the best set of catchers in the world. (most important position in the MLB)

I-Rod has been one of my favorites...I love this move.
I wonder what number he's going to wear now...I'm dying to get my Pudge jersey.

We still need a ****ing starting pitcher!

1. Damon - LF/CF/DH
2. Jeter - SS
3. Abreu - RF/DH
4. Arod - 3B
5. Giambi - 1B
6. Cano - 2B
7. Nady - LF/RF/DH
8. Pudge - C
9. Cabrera - CF

Nice.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
yea great move i felt bad for farnsworth tho, no one liked him and then he finally proves he is a good reliever and we trade him...but this deal was too good to pass up.

metrocard

Legend
Fransworth in reality is a C level pitcher who benefited from playing with Jose Molina and under Joe G.

Uh, our bullpen is still awesome....Bruney is going to come back, we'll be good.

We just need a damn starter, I hope Cashman sees this.

Akamu

The King
Farnsworth was doing some aZz kicking but he can turn streaky again, and the catcher is definitely a vital position, plus we the Yankees we need that slammin offense!

He didn't want to be in Detroit any longer anyhow, the staff knew that, that's why he waived his trading rights to be on a team he always wanted to play for.

I was looking at different Detroit forums and they were pisSed! LOL ! ....let's check in with the Detroit fan reaction on this trade:

Detroit fans are furious! (Where's Robocop when you need him? LoL!)
italy_football_riots_14295a.jpg

I hope I-Rod hits a ton of home runs on them, make them suffer! (They were predicted to be one of the most dominant teams but they aren't doing to well and had the worst record in the beginning, sorry Detroit you lose again LOL!)

Paul1355

All Star
I-rod doesnt have the power he use to i think that dude juiced but thats just my opinion all of these guys suddenly dropping in homer run numbers look like ex-steroid guys. Even Brian Roberts who doesnt look strong at all, remember that one year were he hit a bunch of homeruns then never had numbers like that again lol. roids made the game look bad, but back on the subject, Farnsworth was a streak pitcher but this year mostly on the hot side(no homo). When he is on he's one of the best hard throwing relievers.

metrocard

Legend
Yeh, but Pudge is still a .300 hitter with great defense and is a leader on the field...he was really the biggest reason why Marlins won that World Series.

We got a winner on this team, I like Molina, but he'll serve great as a back up and definately increased his value this year.

I hope Hughes can come back...

Paul1355

All Star
Yeh, but Pudge is still a .300 hitter with great defense and is a leader on the field...he was really the biggest reason why Marlins won that World Series.

We got a winner on this team, I like Molina, but he'll serve great as a back up and definately increased his value this year.

I hope Hughes can come back...

Kennedy is a bigger question mark....atleast Hughes can throw 95 MPH but last time he pitched his velocity was down so he better lift those weights.
Getting Pudge was a steal, and a great move, he was the catalyst in the World Series. Molina is a great fielder and has a cannon.

metrocard

Legend
Dellin Betances is the future

We need future prospects to replace Jeter/A'Rod, I want a SS/3rd prospect.

Another OF prospect besides Cabrera would help too, along with one at catcher. SS, CF, Catcher, three most important positions.

Chamberlain should stay as a reliever, his body isn't built for endurance.

Paul1355

All Star
Dellin Betances is the future

We need future prospects to replace Jeter/A'Rod, I want a SS/3rd prospect.

Another OF prospect besides Cabrera would help too, along with one at catcher. SS, CF, Catcher, three most important positions.

Chamberlain should stay as a reliever, his body isn't built for endurance.

Chamberlain's last performance as a starter was a shutout in Boston were we won 1-0. That is as clutch as you can get. He has the tools to be a great starter and the more innings he pitches, the more value he has. I feel that he should pitch his first game next season as a starter to be absolutely sure that his body isn't built for the endurance. People don't know that he was a starter for years in his baseball career.

If he gets injured early on or more frequently next season while being a starter, then you have to keep him as a reliever. The Yankees should try to make him a starter first and then work from there.

And I want to look up that guy Delan Betances, never heard of him.

KBlack25

Starter
Chamberlain's last performance as a starter was a shutout in Boston were we won 1-0. That is as clutch as you can get. He has the tools to be a great starter and the more innings he pitches, the more value he has. I feel that he should pitch his first game next season as a starter to be absolutely sure that his body isn't built for the endurance. People don't know that he was a starter for years in his baseball career.

If he gets injured early on or more frequently next season while being a starter, then you have to keep him as a reliever. The Yankees should try to make him a starter first and then work from there.

And I want to look up that guy Delan Betances, never heard of him.

Co-sign, Joba came up as a starter, and ultimately that's what they'll rely on him to become. He struggled his first couple performances as a starter, but later on started pitching very very well. If the Yankees get Sabathia and get Wang back, they'll rely on Joba as no better than the 3rd starter, and likely prob. 4th or 5th starter, and he certainly has the stuff for that role.

Paul1355

All Star
Co-sign, Joba came up as a starter, and ultimately that's what they'll rely on him to become. He struggled his first couple performances as a starter, but later on started pitching very very well. If the Yankees get Sabathia and get Wang back, they'll rely on Joba as no better than the 3rd starter, and likely prob. 4th or 5th starter, and he certainly has the stuff for that role.

Burnett rejected his option with the Blu Jays so we can get AJ Burnett as well.

Sabathia
Wang
Burnett
Pettite
Joba

sounds damn good...Pettite would be in front of Joba only because he is a lefty.

Paul1355

All Star
Joba has to drop 20 pounds.
Sabathia too.

agreed but apparently Sabathia either keeps a high velocity or keeps throwing hard some how from being over weight. I heard a baseball analysts say that if Sabathia lost weight that he would lose speed on his pitches. I never heard of fatness making you throw harder but I guess if CC lost weight that he would also lose muscle resulting in a lower velocity.

I think one day that his legs will wear out....hopefully after the 6 year deal we want to sign him for.

KBlack25

Starter
agreed but apparently Sabathia either keeps a high velocity or keeps throwing hard some how from being over weight. I heard a baseball analysts say that if Sabathia lost weight that he would lose speed on his pitches. I never heard of fatness making you throw harder but I guess if CC lost weight that he would also lose muscle resulting in a lower velocity.

I think one day that his legs will wear out....hopefully after the 6 year deal we want to sign him for.

I guess in theory it could. Momentum is mass times velocity so the more mass he has the more momentum he has coming off the mound than a lighter person coming off at the same speed. This probably would cause the ball to increase in speed a bit quicker. It all depends on how much body weight you can get behind the ball and with how much power you can push off with. Again, it's all theory and likely could work either way (more mass means getting off the mound slower), but it isn't necessarily not the case. I worry about Sabathia's size too, I hope he doesn't blow out his knee or shoulder if he signs in NY.

th3realicon

Rotation player
Moose is gone. Classy act retiring after he had his first 20 win season.

I do not like the fact CC is taking his time to decide in either to take or leave the yanks $140 million. That shows me he really doesn't want to be a Yankee. Being a Yankee should be a privilege and if a player doesn't see it that way well than clear the road. I think CC is being a pr!ck by not having the guts at least to clearly say he doesn't want to play in NY and reject. He is keeping that offer on the table because deep down he knows no one can match Yankee $.