Official Yankees Thread

feetoe

Benchwarmer
the only reason Sabathia is going to be a Yankee is because of the money, he has no passion for the team of its history. just a mercenary who will be just like Randy Johnson, Pavano, Kevin Brown, Jose Contreras, etc.

KBlack25

Starter
the only reason Sabathia is going to be a Yankee is because of the money, he has no passion for the team of its history. just a mercenary who will be just like Randy Johnson, Pavano, Kevin Brown, Jose Contreras, etc.

If it was about the money CC would have signed right off the bat, $140 mil is more than any other pitcher ever. Fact is this guy wanted to see if anyone approached his asking price on the west coast or in the NL. Nobody did. CC is better than RJ, Pavano, Brown and I don't think you could call Contreras a mercenary (he almost went to Boston and the Yankees did not have the right coaching staff to manage him).

RJ was 41 years old when the Yankees got him.
Kevin Brown was 39.
Carl Pavano was sub-.500 for his career when the Yankees got him and had only had one good season (18-8) when they signed him.
Jose Contreras went 7-2 his first year in NY, and 8-5 through half of his second year until he got traded.

CC Sabathia is 27 going on 28, in his prime. He gives the Yankees a real nice change of pace when teams have to face CC and Wang on consecutive days. CC gets people out by striking them out, Wang gets people out by letting them hit bad pitches into the dirt. Other teams will have a nightmare of a time trying to keep up with that in their lineups, oneday you have to face a power pitcher, the next a contact pitcher, not to mention the best power pitcher in the game today and then arguably the best contact pitcher in the game today, certainly in the AL.

My issue with this team is that I don't see them able to create runs. This is their lineup as of today as I see it:

1- LF Johnny Damon
2- SS Derek Jeter
3- RF Xavier Nady
4- 3B Alex Rodriguez
5- C Jorge Posada
6- DH Hideki Matsui
7- 2B Robinson Cano
8- 1B Nick Swisher
9- CF Brett Gardner

I could see Hideki and Jorge being switched, and if Robinson Cano has a good first half he could shoot up to #5. It's not the All Star lineup we have been used to in NY but the Rotation as I see it is getting better.

Sabathia-Wang-Pettitte-Chamberlain-Hughes

I assume they will sign Pettitte to a deal. Hopefully they can land either Sheets, Burnett or Lowe too, move Chamberlain out of the rotation and into the bullpen. If that is the case the Yankees have the best pen in baseball:

Bruney, Veras, Ramirez, Marte, Chamberlain, Rivera.

I also really like that kid Dave Robertson, I think he's a year away but I think he will come into his own. He gives up hits but he always manages to get out of it. That tells me he isn't abandoning his stuff, he doesn't get rattled to easily and he very easily can settle in and get guys out when he needs to.

Alfredo Aceves is also a question mark, I just don't know how or where he fits into the Yankees this year and beyond. Same with Phil Coke and Dan Giese.

I also am wary on Ian Kennedy, he pitched real well in the minors but was bloody awful in the majors. Hopefully something will click for him next year.

metrocard

Legend
CC is a Yankee!!!!

16m39lx.gif

Finally...an ACE...ayy dioooooo, we're so in the pussy of the AL EAST...like in that shyt...8 inches deep.

Paul1355

All Star
CC is a Yankee!!!!

16m39lx.gif

Finally...an ACE...ayy dioooooo, we're so in the pussy of the AL EAST...like in that shyt...8 inches deep.

lmao yea we finally have someone we can actually call an ACE. last one was Roger Clemens. 7 years is a heavy deal but he has the option to back out after 3 years if he wants to leave NY and move to the West Coast.

th3realicon

Rotation player
As a matter of fact now we seem to have 2 aces. CC and AJ. :)
Although the fact that we didn't sign any offensive options bothers me

We really needed Texeira. He would have been a nice addition to our line up and an extremely good defensive 1B'man. The asking price is too high though and his agent is that Boras guy who seem to get his clients pretty fat checks.

Also seems we will have Cameron as our center fielder, or till Austin Jackson is major league ready for that matter.

The idea of having Tex is to protect A-Rod. If he is the lone guy who inject fear in that line up than pitchers can get by him in many ways and that would be crazy. Although having Manny as our DH would help, he is also a Boras agent and will demand the moon. He is 37 but he showed last year that he is like wine gets better with age. :)

Paul1355

All Star
As a matter of fact now we seem to have 2 aces. CC and AJ. :)
Although the fact that we didn't sign any offensive options bothers me

We really needed Texeira. He would have been a nice addition to our line up and an extremely good defensive 1B'man. The asking price is too high though and his agent is that Boras guy who seem to get his clients pretty fat checks.

Also seems we will have Cameron as our center fielder, or till Austin Jackson is major league ready for that matter.

The idea of having Tex is to protect A-Rod. If he is the lone guy who inject fear in that line up than pitchers can get by him in many ways and that would be crazy. Although having Manny as our DH would help, he is also a Boras agent and will demand the moon. He is 37 but he showed last year that he is like wine gets better with age. :)

Agreed and now the Yankees are talking to Texiera and looks like they are officialy in the hunt. They need a first baseman and need even more is a clutch hitter to protect A-Rod.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news...t_id=3716994&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
were tryng to get Bill Hall from the Brewers as part of the Melky-Cameron deal he's real good i like his game(no homo) and that makes Cano expndable even though i love his game and think he could get even better....so we could trade Cano for Matt Kemp....who's a very good player that will give us a future outfield of A-Jack and Kemp.....and Texiera will be perfect for us i got this feeling we sign him, similar thing will happen like what happened with Beltran(where he offered us a discount) but this time we take it.....

th3realicon

Rotation player
Bill hall doesn't feel right in my book. I would hate for us to let Cano go. Yes he had a down year but the talent is there. He can hit for power and is a decent defensive 2nd baseman. And he is still mad young.

Although if Joe Torre is willing to pull a trigger on the Matt Kemp deal i wiuld think about it. I love Kemp and what he brings to the table.

the other problem is that Kemp is genuine CFer and i would hate the Yankees give him the chance and screw A-jack. Unless Kemp is willing to settle for left field i would do it, otherwise thanks but no thanks.

Paul1355

All Star
were tryng to get Bill Hall from the Brewers as part of the Melky-Cameron deal he's real good i like his game(no homo) and that makes Cano expndable even though i love his game and think he could get even better....so we could trade Cano for Matt Kemp....who's a very good player that will give us a future outfield of A-Jack and Kemp.....and Texiera will be perfect for us i got this feeling we sign him, similar thing will happen like what happened with Beltran(where he offered us a discount) but this time we take it.....

Cano isnt going anywhere and all that talk of him leaving was shot down by Cashman when he said that they invested alot in him for a reason and feels that he'll bounce back and have a good year.

Bill Hall and Cameron for Melky and two pitching prospects would be fine.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Cano isnt going anywhere and all that talk of him leaving was shot down by Cashman when he said that they invested alot in him for a reason and feels that he'll bounce back and have a good year.

Bill Hall and Cameron for Melky and two pitching prospects would be fine.

yea i just read that article i heard that rumor way back loll...but i love Cano and hope we keep em and A-Jack looks like the real deal, the outfield version of Reyes

Paul1355

All Star
yea i just read that article i heard that rumor way back loll...but i love Cano and hope we keep em and A-Jack looks like the real deal, the outfield version of Reyes

apparently Austin Jackson is just like Brett Gardner but slower and better contact.

If Gardner can improve his contact he should definetly our starting CF. His speed alone causes havoc on the basepaths and we have no one else with speed like his. Damon is older and can't steal bases like he use to. Whenever Gardner got on base he would reach 2nd almost automatically. That's a runner in scoring position for every base hit lol.

He is under rated and if not a starter should be our 4th outfielder.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Gardner is more of a pinch runner or fil in outfielder i like him alot(o homo) i think he's better then Melky but he isnt a long term solution and A-Jack is nasty! he's fast as hell and has great contact defense and a strong outfield arm this guys gonna be sick when he comes up im tellig you the outfield Jose Reyes....

Paul1355

All Star
Gardner is more of a pinch runner or fil in outfielder i like him alot(o homo) i think he's better then Melky but he isnt a long term solution and A-Jack is nasty! he's fast as hell and has great contact defense and a strong outfield arm this guys gonna be sick when he comes up im tellig you the outfield Jose Reyes....

I hope so because we haven't had a great position player from the minors in some time. All of our minor league prospects that come up to the big leagues are either starters or relief pitchers.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea true unno if Cano will count because we got hm in a trade and he was in our system before we brought him up....but homegrown i would say maybe Jeter....but this guy is looking like the real deal

th3realicon

Rotation player
A Jack is a far better hitter than Gardner is. I also was under the impression that he was faster. Guess i was wrong. Although his last season was worrisome. He never went above .280 in Double A and that might smell disaster. If he can't hit for average in AA let alone AAA how can he hit better in the Majors?

Let see how he doesn in SWB next season, and hope for the best.