Your 2008-09 Starting Center

Center:

• Total voters

Paul1355

All Star
Atleast Zach rebounds, has more moves offensively. Zach even played good man to man defense for 10 games in the start of the season. I only seen Curry have one good defensive game, where Bogut dropped over 20 on him, but I credited Curry for 3 blocks which suprised me. Robinson is a better shot blocker than Curry.

Randolph > Curry.

lol Robinson is a better shot blocker i think we all can agree on that.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
i know y Randolph should start over curry...and i know randolph is better then curry at everything what im trying 2 say is that if randolph dont have it his way no one will have it there way...yo who cares if you can drop 20 and 10 if it dont benefit the team...yo like dead ass who the hell gets along with this dude in the locker room...like yea i would pick Randolph in a 1 on 1 instead of curry ANYDAY but 2 play in a team ha i rather pick a fat lazy dude that plays d like hes 5'2 then a dude that plays...just 2 benefit himself...yo dead ass i doubt Randolph cares if he on a losing team as long as he gettin his 20 10 he good...unless yall tired of being a loosing team then start Randolph...other then that start lee not curry but just dont start Randolph...start lee as center chicken head as pf Q rich (rather have Chandler) as sf Jamal -_- and Steph and no complains from me

and oo yea with Randolph we had a 23-58 season with curry we had a 33-48 season...shows how much better we are with Randolph...and Randolph still dropped his 20 10 -_-

jimkcchief88

All Star
Stop.
Sucking.
Chicago's.
Dick.
Chicago.
Is.
a.
Whack.
Ass.
City.
This.
is.
a
NEW YORK.
Knicks.
forum.
ight, b?
Curry is the worst defensive center in the NBA and the most clueless offensively.
Curry takes TOO LONG to get in position for his offense.

Curry isn't part of this future, especially in D'Antoni's 7 second offense.
It takes Curry 14 seconds to get up the court and 7 seconds to get in position or get open, by that time we'll have a 24 shot violation, if not we'll have the infamous Curry shuffle or Curry with his elephant ass offensive turnover.

Dude is HORRIBLE offensively. He doesn't pass the ball at all and puts himself in difficult positions. Defensively, don't even get me started. And his rebounding? LOL.

Curry's play is as good as your posting.

Keep sucking Chicago's dick.
Crawford
Isiah
Curry
are all TRASH..that need to GTFO out of NYC and go back to Shy Town.

Must have hit it pretty close to the mark because we all know here that whenever METROTARD is losing an arguement, the METROTARDED response is to rain down the insults.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I know its popular on this board to make fun of E-city and his weight, but bottomline is that if you compare Curry's numbers to other NBA centers, his numbers are better than average. E-city was 11th among NBA centers last year averaging 13.2 a game, just behind Brad Miller at 13.4 and Shaq at 13.6 ppg. Only the top 4 NBA centers averaged over 20 per game, then scoring averages drop off sharply. Should Eddy's production be a little better, yea sure. But you can't expect any big to hustle when you don't reward him on the offensive end. Any fan with basketball IQ knows this as a fact. That's the reason why Duhon was brought in an Zach is being shopped, to make Eddy the #1 option downlow again like he was 2 years ago before Zach arrived.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
I know its popular on this board to make fun of E-city and his weight, but bottomline is that if you compare Curry's numbers to other NBA centers, his numbers are better than average. E-city was 11th among NBA centers last year averaging 13.2 a game, just behind Brad Miller at 13.4 and Shaq at 13.6 ppg. Only the top 4 NBA centers averaged over 20 per game, then scoring averages drop off sharply. Should Eddy's production be a little better, yea sure. But you can't expect any big to hustle when you don't reward him on the offensive end. Any fan with basketball IQ knows this as a fact. That's the reason why Duhon was brought in an Zach is being shopped, to make Eddy the #1 option downlow again like he was 2 years ago before Zach arrived.
yea but man Zach is better thne eddy at scoring >< me i just dont think Zach should be playing on teams he should be playing 1 on 1s cuz shyt thats all he does in the court either way

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
To Jimkcchief88:

LMAO! When Eddy Curry was on the Bulls, Kirk Hinrich used to get him the ball. Hinrich is considered one of the elite point guards, yet Curry still was not able to get to the playoffs with them. He was also a horrible rebounder, defender, passer, and foul shooter there, too. When Curry came to the Knicks, Marbury helped him average career highs in points and rebounds.

Curry averaged 19 and 7, with Marbury as our point guard. And where did that get us? Nowhere.
The Knicks lost 49 games, with Curry as our "star", in the 2006-2007 season.

Take Curry's dick out your ass.
Eddy Curry is a scrub, and you have no evidence to say otherwise. If you try to challenge me to a Curry debate, I'll destroy you, so just quit while you're ahead. There's more stuff that proves Curry sucks than there's proof that Crawford has no defense and poor shot selection.

metrocard

Legend
Zach at center would be bad for our team. Bring him off the bench at the 4, but as center he would have a tough time dealing with opposing bigs. Not that Curry doesn't, but he has a little more weight to throw around. I never like Zach from the minute he was traded for and while watching him play this entire system. He puts up numbers, sure, but he does at at such a great cost to the rest of the team. Portland was blessed when he left. Now they are a much more free flowing team with Aldridge as their anchor. We should bring Zach off the bench, force him into passing the ball much more and making quicker decisions, and trade him the 2nd his value is high enough. As hard as it is to say, for our current team

Curry > Randolph

ee8b2e1fee67.gif

Curry is the worst passer and defender on the team. Having him start would be suicid

2ni89x5.gif

Who gives a **** about Curry's weight when he plays like a bitch?

Curry treats the rim like his mom, all Curry is an oversized Micheal Sweetney without the skill.

Must have hit it pretty close to the mark because we all know here that whenever METROTARD is losing an arguement, the METROTARDED response is to rain down the insults.

2ni89x5.gif

You're a clown...you're sounding like cross between George M on crack with The One and Only's logic.

1z4v6nb.gif

Who cares whats popular on this board?

Curry is a disgusting athlete and he doesn't take his professional seriously.
Thats a fact.
The man has been out of shape for the majority of his career.

Dude, you don't watch Knick games.
Amongst centers:
Curry at is at the bottom of assist.
Curry is at the bottom of turnover/assist.
Curry is at the bottom of rebounding.
Curry is a the bottom of shot blocking.
Curry is at the bottom of man to man defense.
Curry is at the bottom of defense on the block.
Curry is at the bottom of conditioning.
Curry is at the bottom of toughness.
Curry is at the bottom of basketball IQ.

WHY DO YOU SWEAT SUCH A BAD CENTER?

Curry is AWFUL.

He's so bad, Isiah had to stop giving him minutes.
Isiah gave career full time in 06-07 to inflate his stats.
Curry played awful defense, didn't rebound or pass and still got heavy minutes to score. 18 points?
Do you go into the season saying our primary scorer is going to be an 18 ppg one dimensional center with a lot of turnovers?
Thats the reason why Knicks were never a threat to anyone. Everyone could predict Curry, he's limited offensively and nonexistent defensively.

Guys check this out:

Jimcheif88:
But you can't expect any big to hustle when you don't reward him on the offensive end.
643n6ah.gif

Could any smart people or passionate Knick fan agree with this statement?

You're coming to the defense of Curry and bashing the Knicks.

What thug act of Currysexuality is this?

I can't expect Curry to hustle because he doesn't get the ball?

Since when does Curry deserve the ball when he doesn't do anything on the basketball court besides go in isolation and make the offense completely stagnant and like 4 statues surrounded by one obese child?

Cheif, you're a retard.
All of your post have been completely illogical and 100% based to Crawford, Curry, Isiah.

You should of been gone from this site a long time ago.
You don't support the Knicks, just those 3 guys and any loser from Chi-town.
Curry won't be apart of this future, Isiah is gone, and Crawford is being shipped.

Just GTFO...you've arguably one of the worst to grace the sites, and this isn't because I disagree with you all the time and correct you and own you in every debate. Its just because of the shit you be saying...you just straight up clown yourself with these manlove statements for the Chitown losers.

MY *****

WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE

610x.jpg

YOU DONE FOR THE NIGHT.

doneforthenight-1.jpg

1210137149835.gif

yea but man Zach is better thne eddy at scoring >< me i just dont think Zach should be playing on teams he should be playing 1 on 1s cuz shyt thats all he does in the court either way

35ml1t5.gif

Yeh, because Curry plays with the team, passing the ball our of double teams, utilizing the pick and roll.
Man, that Curry never plays 1 on 1 all the time.

2ewekae.gif

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Damn, metrocard terminated everyone on sight. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

gunit-terminate-on-sight.jpg

Eddy Curry is a bum. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either an Isiahsexual or a Currysexual. There's no in between.

For those of you that want to get more knowledge on just how much Curry sucks, feel free to read my "Curry Sucks Thread."

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
nowun sweating curry to be the best center in our team or nothing...shyt i know Randolph better then curry at everything and i did state b4 curry go in 1 on 1s as well and just slows things down and turns the ball over...correct me if im wrong but Zach does the same thing...him and zach do the same things and it just dont help out the team...one thing curry CANT do but randolph can is rebound...ok so we gonna start him for that? cuz he can grab a rebound? put lee in there and im pretty sure well get the rebounds we need 2 get...i want curry out just like anybody here but zach starting over him i aint with...i dont give a **** how much better you are then the next man but if you ant with the whole team thing you aint deserve to be in the team...now curry yea he dont pass out nothing same as zach but yo the knick players dont mind passin it 2 him...im pretty sure everyone hates passing it out 2 zach...zach is not wanted in the team...i see no one complaining about him being in trade rumors cuz they want him out...curry i doubt they even care if he there or not but im pretty sure they dont want zach here...yo if you guys want this dude to start just so he can post his 20 10 then w.e its on you let us get another 23 68 season...START LEE if not curry knick players are better with curry in there shyt we did win 10 more games then we did with zach right?

metrocard

Legend
I'm getting a soft spot for Randolph, but I still stick by my argument that he should be terminated.

Right now, he looks like the best option at center.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I'm getting a soft spot for Randolph, but I still stick by my argument that he should be terminated.

I agree, if we can move him we should. Hes turnover prone and he doesnt defend. I dont expect any of that to change. But Curry makes him look good (no homo)

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
When I first found out that the Knicks got Zach Randolph, I was pissed. But now that I look at how much of a bum Curry is, I'm glad the Knicks got him. I prefer to see Curry gone before Randolph. I think Zach Randolph could help the Knicks win games, if Wilson Chandler and David Lee are in the frontcourt to make up for his selfishness and lack of defense. Zach Randolph is probably the 9th or 10th best powerforward in the NBA, so I don't mind him staying on the team. Randolph averaged 20 and 10 on a .500 Trailblazer team, back in 2004, so he's capable of scoring points and still helping a team win games. I want Curry, Richardson, Duhon, James, and Rose off this team ASAP, though. I wanted Jeffries off this team, too, but after hearing what D'Antoni said about him, I think he deserves one more chance. If he folds, I want him gone, too.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I agree, if we can move him we should. Hes turnover prone and he doesnt defend. I dont expect any of that to change. But Curry makes him look good (no homo)
Word. Curry is more one dimensional than Crawford. All he does is make jump hooks that have to bounce on every part of the rim before it falls in.

Paul1355

All Star

His offense and rebounding is really making him a force. Him and Lee off the boards will give us more opportunities to score.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
heres an idea, get Curry a Big Mac and a seat on the bench for the rest of the season and Start D-LEE as the Center! it obvious who i voted for in the poll, look at my screen name.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
David Lee has to be the starting Center hes the only one thats in shape at that position. Knicks should just get curry off the roster please

Kiyaman

Legend
The Best Starters on this uptempo system plan for the 2008-9 season are

Curry is the best Center on this team (24 mpg)
Lee is the best PF on this team (36 mpg)
Malik is the best SF on this team (if Curry is a Starter)
Marbury & Nate tandem are the best pair of flexable combo-guards to start & finish for this Knick team.
Duhorn & Chandler are the 6th man off the bench.

Untill Zach get traded he is Curry backup at center.
Untill Crawful get traded he is Marbury backup.

So far out of 8 Knick Forums this is the only one that had no complaints about the media article basing Lee as a Center.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The Best Starters on this uptempo system plan for the 2008-9 season are

Curry is the best Center on this team (24 mpg)
Lee is the best PF on this team (36 mpg)
Malik is the best SF on this team (if Curry is a Starter)
Marbury & Nate tandem are the best pair of flexable combo-guards to start & finish for this Knick team.
Duhorn & Chandler are the 6th man off the bench.

Untill Zach get traded he is Curry backup at center.
Untill Crawful get traded he is Marbury backup.

So far out of 8 Knick Forums this is the only one that had no complaints about the media article basing Lee as a Center.

Did you just say Malik Rose is the best SF on this team? A starting lineup of Marbury, Nate, Malik, Lee and Curry would not work at all, especially in D'Antoni's system. The lineup should be:

PG - I don't care. Whoever is best at finding the open man
SG - Q Rich
SF - Chandler
PF - Lee
C - Zach (wish we had traded for Sean Williams, but oh well, he's the best for this system)

Off the bench: Nate, Crawford, Curry

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiyaman, that was the worst post you've ever posted.

Curry and Malik in the starting 5? WTF.

What about LJ4 he put back injury Q.Rich as a 2 guard!!!!!!!

Malik is a great uptempo running player for 15 to 20 mpg that makes it easy for his teammates to score while banging bodies so Lee could rebound on both ends. with the right coach.......Curry can be effective in alot of things you dont give him credit for but is needed at the start of every game.

Plus giving Wilson Chandler the chance to be a 6th man in his 2nd season can pay off bigtime because he could replace any of the players in my Starting-5. Because Curry is the only one in my starting 5 that dont play two position well.

Last edited: