Balkman to Denver (OFFICIAL)

Starks

Starter
the Balkman trade is no big deal. He wasn't going to get more than 3 seconds of playing time every ten days, plus Balkman really got exposed when that story came out last week about him being kind of mentally slow.

Denver will waive him during the first month of the season, and we will never hear from Joe Camel ever again

Paul1355

All Star
the Balkman trade is no big deal. He wasn't going to get more than 3 seconds of playing time every ten days, plus Balkman really got exposed when that story came out last week about him being kind of mentally slow.

Denver will waive him during the first month of the season, and we will never hear from Joe Camel ever again

lol agreed

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Balkman was our best defender. How many f*cking guards can we get? Don't we have 8 now? This better land us a good player.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Granted that he was not a good fit for D'Antoni's system but his hustle play and reckless play made him a good piece on a team that wants to shore up their defense. He had to be traded, but damn - try and get something better than that....we're basically giving denver money to take him and all he has is a rookie contract...

He should have been kept to be used in a trade with one of our bigger contracts...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
If this move was to just get us to the 15 player maximum, then I will be extremely angry. If Jerome James is still on this roster at the start of the season, then that is just f*cked up. We could have just bought out Burger King and kept Balkman in order to get to the 15 player maximum.

Starks

Starter
It's a sad state of affairs when a team that barely won 50 games in 2 goddamn seasons has people angry for trading a mentally slow player w/o a jump shot and who's proven absolutley NOTHING to stay in the NBA.

Hustle shouldn't be that much of a commodity. Any athletic crackhead off the street can arguably do the same damn job that Balkman did.

This isn't exactly an All-Star that the Knicks parted ways with.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Any athletic crackhead off the street can arguably do the same damn job that Balkman did.

True...true. But give an athletic crackhead $3 mil and he may smoke himself silly.

><a style="padding:3px;background: transparent;color:

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
we just screwed up

there goes our hustler!

Yeah there goes a hustler, idk what donnie is gonna do with the ******* pg's but we just got another one is Taurean Green. All i gotta say is they'd better keep LEE, he's the only other hustler we have. I've supported walsh in the moves hes made so far, but this one i have to say im not ok with.

I don't really like this deal. I think Balkman would have fit well in the new system, and he was getting comfortable with the team itself..It better work out, or Donnies gonna hear it. Besides Lee, Balkman was the fan favorite

Paul1355

All Star
Yeah there goes a hustler, idk what donnie is gonna do with the ******* pg's but we just got another one is Taurean Green. All i gotta say is they'd better keep LEE, he's the only other hustler we have. I've supported walsh in the moves hes made so far, but this one i have to say im not ok with.

he's gonna waive the Green and the other guy prob, he basically gave balkman away this was becuase we had 16 players...in the end no one will care about Balkman he wasnt a big part of this team. And its another way lower the ridiculous amount of SF's we had.

metrocard

Legend
Tauren Green and Bobby Jones are NBDL players...very bad value.

Couldn't we get an pass first PG with offensive skills? (Sessions, Barea)???

Terrible deal...but I'm not giving up on Donny yet.

I know Kiyaman is pissed off right now, I hope people here don't forget what Balkman is capable off, he's not only athletic; but he's a play maker. He really contributed a lot to our runs where he was a part of most of the time.

There goes whatever was left of our defense.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Off My Breif Sebatical!

As some of you may have read I was supposed to be on a hiatus from the Knicks until opening night, but I accidently saw this trade on the NBA Website while checking for Team USA's next game

Anyhow, from what I can make of it this deal was just to shave some cap, but Balkman was probably the last contract I was worried about.

Not a good move, not a bad move, just a move! Both players acquired get waived certainley, and we get a second round pick in a draft that we for sure have no first rounder. Again, not a good move, not a bad move, just a move! But I suppose laterial movements are an upgrade from Isiah's ever going regressive steps!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Donnie Walsh is full of s#!t. He says he wants this team to be under the cap, but he does nothing to get rid of Curry, Crawford, or Jeffries whose contracts run through 2011. He did try to trade Randolph, but he didn't make enough offers. I didn't trust Walsh when he first came here, and I still don't trust him. So, far, he's done a better job than
Isiah Thomas, but anybody can do better than Thomas. That doesn't impress me.

Paul1355

All Star
As some of you may have read I was supposed to be on a hiatus from the Knicks until opening night, but I accidently saw this trade on the NBA Website while checking for Team USA's next game

Anyhow, from what I can make of it this deal was just to shave some cap, but Balkman was probably the last contract I was worried about.

Not a good move, not a bad move, just a move! Both players acquired get waived certainley, and we get a second round pick in a draft that we for sure have no first rounder. Again, not a good move, not a bad move, just a move! But I suppose laterial movements are an upgrade from Isiah's ever going regressive steps!

So we are gettiing a pick out of this for sure???

Paul1355

All Star
Donnie Walsh is full of s#!t. He says he wants this team to be under the cap, but he does nothing to get rid of Curry, Crawford, or Jeffries whose contracts run through 2011. He did try to trade Randolph, but he didn't make enough offers. I didn't trust Walsh when he first came here, and I still don't trust him. So, far, he's done a better job than
Isiah Thomas, but anybody can do better than Thomas. That doesn't impress me.

Have patience ABCD, with the season the way it was last year no one wants any of our players for a decent deal in return. The trade value of these guys has to ante up and Mike D's goal is to make them play better than last year and once that happens they will be traded, guranteed.

Balkman had to go. No surprise here. D'antoni can talk defense all he wants, he wants to put 5 guys on the floor at all times who are an offensive threat, and he'll live with their deficiencies on defense, and not the other way around.

He Hustles, he's from Staten Island, but if he does not develop an offensive game he will be out of the league soon.

Hope not.