Marbury will not be WAIVED

metrocard

Legend
"Frank Isola cites a Knicks source saying that any transaction involving Stephon Marbury will not take place until late September or early October.

The Knicks reportedly prefer to trade Marbury and get something in return, rather than releasing him outright.

In Macau where he is on the Olympic coaching staff, Mike D'Antoni commented on the trade of Renaldo Balkman:

"Renaldo really had no role after we drafted Gallinari, and with the emergence of Wilson Chandler his minutes would be nonexistent," D'Antoni told The Associated Press. "So it really wasn't fair to him to keep him in a spot that he wouldn't play and also gives us an opportunity to clear up a roster spot and move on."

Good move.

D'Antoni runs an 8 man line up, so he's just trying to cut down the roster as short as possible.

Marbury
Richardson
Chandler
Randolph(being moved)
Lee

Gallinari
Robinson
Crawford(being moved)

Odd guys out
Duhon
Curry(being moved)
Robertson
Jefferies
Collins.

If Walsh and Donny have a sucessful off season, they would subtract Curry, Zach and Jamal.

Our 8 man rotation will be.

Marbury (6"2)
Richardson (6"6)
Chandler (6"8)
Gallinari (6"10)
Lee (6"9)

^ That line up is as big as D'Antoni's Phoneix line up.
-Marbury provides the penetration/pick and roll/scoring/assist/solid d/range
-Richardson provides defense, rebounder, post offense, range, spot up shooting
-Chandler provides everything.
-Gallinari provides high IQ, range, penetration off the dribble, offense, passing, and toughness.
-Lee provides outlet passing, high rate of rebounds, 60% FG, 80% FT...IQ on offense.

Robinson (Barbosa)
Duhon (Banks)
Jefferies (Random scrub)

^ You could add any player we get in return for the trio of losers.

The future is looking bright!

Akamu

The King
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"Frank Isola cites a Knicks source saying that any transaction involving Stephon Marbury will not take place until late September or early October.

The Knicks reportedly prefer to trade Marbury and get something in return, rather than releasing him outright.

In Macau where he is on the Olympic coaching staff, Mike D'Antoni commented on the trade of Renaldo Balkman:

"Renaldo really had no role after we drafted Gallinari, and with the emergence of Wilson Chandler his minutes would be nonexistent," D'Antoni told The Associated Press. "So it really wasn't fair to him to keep him in a spot that he wouldn't play and also gives us an opportunity to clear up a roster spot and move on."
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That's another reason why I wasn't too upset about the Renaldo trade, we didn't get really anything in return but I couldn't see him playing a lot on this team, he would be like what Ben Wallace is in a Cavs uniform. You saw Ben for about 10 or less minutes then he was no where to be found on the court for the rest of the game.

Yall know by now that D'Antoni likes his players being able to shoot, Renaldo just happened to lack offense (duh) he's still a good player in the end.

Starbury on the other hand can shoot and is an all-star player so just waving him would be on the retart level, either bring someone in who can fit in with our lineup or leave him to see how he can flourish, which I know he would.

Where are the Eddy, Jamal, and Zach trades at?

Toons

is the Bo$$

lmao at metrosexual....
ur saying one thing in one thread, and saying something differnet in a next thread.....u really cant decide what side of the fence ur on huh?
i told u the trade was great, and u said it was the worst post.....idot

metrocard

Legend

lmao at metrosexual....
ur saying one thing in one thread, and saying something differnet in a next thread.....u really cant decide what side of the fence ur on huh?

Oh, the irony.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Is it possible our staring lineup will be identical to last year's failure?

PG-Marbury
SG-Crawford
SF-Q. Rich
PF-Randolph
C-Curry

1. Marbury not bought out
2. Crawford not traded (Walsh and D'Antoni think Crawford has star potential, he won't be traded)
3. D'Antoni likes Q. Rich and will probably get major minutes if he's healthy
4. Nobody wants Zach. The rumor now is that the Clippers wanted us to give them a first round pick along with Zach for a 2nd round pick. Essentailly giving a 1st rounder to get rid of somebody. That speaks volumes to Zach's value.
5. No rumors at all about moving Curry. Don't know why. His value must be lower than Zach's.

With the Balkman trade and waiving the 2 players that came from Denver, we are now at the 15 player max roster.

Throw that lame-ass bunch of no-defense losers with a coach that doesn't care about defense and we're in for a season worse than last year's. I'm beginning to seriously question the new regime. I hope I'm wrong. Something has got to change...doesn't it?

Oldtimer

Rotation player
8 man line-up

Marbury is certainly more physically talented than Duhon, but Walsh did not pay the full mid-level to Duhon with the intention of making him "an odd man out."

I am all for playing Marbury this year, but I get the impression he is not long for the Knicks. He might be valuable to a contending team at the trade deadline, but very few teams have cap space. He will be difficult to move, not because of lack of talent, but because of the amount of his contract even though it is expiring.

I am no longer high on Q-Rich. He is not what he was when he was with Phoenix and D'Antoni. And he did not look to me as though he had lost 15 pounds from last year. Perhaps he put on more weight after the season and then took that off. Crawford I expect to start at shooting guard.

Z-Bo can shoot from some distance. Curry has a range of about 3 feet. Neither one is a runner. Will either ever get past mid-court in transition?

I expect to see a lot of Lee, Chandler and Gallinari.

Because Z-Bo, Curry, Crawford and Jefferies have contracts extending through 2010, I expect that Walsh is concentrating on trades involving all of them. But he not yet into distress sales -- he wants something back.

Patience!

New New York

Quiet Storm
This really is good news to me. I have said it all along that I dont get the need to pursue a PG with Steph on board (even created a thread about it).
My real fear would be if we waived him, he goes to Boston or LA and helps them win a Championship, all in while we are still looking for a starting PG. That would just be plain stupid!

I must disagree with Metro's assestment of Duhon being an odd man out. I don't think that they bought him here not to play; they just went after him too hard for him not to clock steady minutes.

But back to Steph, I imagine if he is not traded him getting his assist back up to around 8 or so assist a game. Now we just need to get some more players to get up and down the floor, while moving the players who cant get up and down

Paul1355

All Star
Flip-flop

Oh, the irony.

yea metro, toons did have a point, you even argued to me about this deal being bad and the worst move ever because balkman brought so much to the table. And yet you say its now a great move...maybe Balkmansexuals thought twice about his ability and how he'd possibly get playing time.

Paul1355

All Star

lmao at metrosexual....

Nicely done Toons:thumbsup: Balkmansexuals need to quit the bullshyt, all you would have been cryin cuz he would have never played anyways.

metrocard

Legend
You two are idiots.

I said not waiving Marbury was a good move.

SMH @ how hard you guys try to get back at me.
Stay ignorant.

GetRealistic

Starter
Hate to burst your bubble but it doesn't say he won't be bought out. It just says that he won't be bought out until we exhaust every possible avenue to trade him. Which makes sense. Why would u buy him out now, when u have until October.

CoolClyde

Hail Mutombo

Dude with all due respect you have Dikembe Mutombo as your knick sig how is anybody supposed to take you seriously as a Knick fan?

hahah, ohman that's funny shyte.

sadly, sounds like Marbury's a goner, unless he impresses
D'Ant and D'Walsh between now and October.

or AI trade...

So long Balkmania, hello Big Cock. Can I say C*ck?
WILSON!!! WILLLLLLLLLL SONNNNNNNNN!

i like this trade/move

balkman was somewhat injury prone and as previously stated by a few, his offense game was weak

jefferies needs to go

james needs to go

curry needs to decide if he's a complete useless piece of shit or not

q rich dropped weight, looks like he realizes he was a waste last year and needs to step it up

Marbury's problem,coincidentally,is his head...he's like Duane Martin in "Above the Rim"...if he could get his off the court shit under control,he'd be iight.

call me a sucker, but ive bought into a huge part of our problem last year was on the sidelines. not just isiah, but alot of other cats have a hand in there...i think theirs gonna be a big change in mentality this year and after watching 90% of the games last year, thats a HUGE part of our problem.

-jumps in the back of a cab-

TO THE GARDEN!

Toons

is the Bo$$
You two are idiots.

I said not waiving Marbury was a good move.

SMH @ how hard you guys try to get back at me.
Stay ignorant.

read your post again retard, u said u agree with what donnie is trying to do by cutting down the roster.....but not waiving steph dosent cut anything down....now u tryna retract ur words...lol.....we all can see what u said ass...
metro, u aint shit without msg cosignin everythin u say....ur posts are holding no weight, take ur loss.<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XjCV1NG4T04&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XjCV1NG4T04&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

metrocard

Legend
Good move. (in related to the article you little monkey

This is where i proceed to talking about D'Antoni's 8 man line up. I never said trading Balkman was a GOOD move.

D'Antoni runs an 8 man line up, so he's just trying to cut down the roster as short as possible.

Marbury
Richardson
Chandler
Randolph(being moved)
Lee

Gallinari
Robinson
Crawford(being moved)

Odd guys out
Duhon
Curry(being moved)
Robertson
Jefferies
Collins.

If Walsh and Donny have a sucessful off season, they would subtract Curry, Zach and Jamal.

Our 8 man rotation will be.

Marbury (6"2)
Richardson (6"6)
Chandler (6"8)
Gallinari (6"10)
Lee (6"9)

^ That line up is as big as D'Antoni's Phoneix line up.
-Marbury provides the penetration/pick and roll/scoring/assist/solid d/range
-Richardson provides defense, rebounder, post offense, range, spot up shooting
-Chandler provides everything.
-Gallinari provides high IQ, range, penetration off the dribble, offense, passing, and toughness.
-Lee provides outlet passing, high rate of rebounds, 60% FG, 80% FT...IQ on offense.

Robinson (Barbosa)
Duhon (Banks)
Jefferies (Random scrub)

^ You could add any player we get in return for the trio of losers.

The future is looking bright!

Kid, why are you so hard trying to reach?

You're copying MSG33's swag of posting a knockout when you haven't said anything really to end this. MSG33's does that when someone like Pancakes or Getreal gets owned in a debate...you can't be serious.

Wow...I guess my post hold no weight, coming from Toons, the well known and most respected poster on this site; who's done so many great contributions and had so many intellectual debates in the past...I'm not even in your weight class, right homie?

:lol: pendejo.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
:lol::lol:

Toons is a featherweight....he gets destroyed by us heavyweights.

There should be a rule on this site where midgets like toons cant respond to the giants...its not even right. Its too easy man its too easy :lol:

And toons...chill with the swagger jackin. Get ya own style lil pussy bumbaclot boy fukk outta here

fail.PNG

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think we should keep Crawford to either start or come off the bench. He is one of the few players we have that is 100% suited for this new offense. Why do you not keep a guy that can light it up when he's focused? Hell, he can come off the bench for all I care. If theres a scoring drought, we just bring Craw and Nate off the bench to set things back in order.