Marbury will not be WAIVED

Toons

is the Bo$$
Good move.

D'Antoni runs an 8 man line up, so he's just trying to cut down the roster as short as possible.

Marbury
Richardson
Chandler
Randolph(being moved)
Lee

Gallinari
Robinson
Crawford(being moved)

Odd guys out
Duhon
Curry(being moved)
Robertson
Jefferies
Collins.

If Walsh and Donny have a sucessful off season, they would subtract Curry, Zach and Jamal.

Our 8 man rotation will be.

Marbury (6"2)
Richardson (6"6)
Chandler (6"8)
Gallinari (6"10)
Lee (6"9)

^ That line up is as big as D'Antoni's Phoneix line up.
-Marbury provides the penetration/pick and roll/scoring/assist/solid d/range
-Richardson provides defense, rebounder, post offense, range, spot up shooting
-Chandler provides everything.
-Gallinari provides high IQ, range, penetration off the dribble, offense, passing, and toughness.
-Lee provides outlet passing, high rate of rebounds, 60% FG, 80% FT...IQ on offense.

Robinson (Barbosa)
Duhon (Banks)
Jefferies (Random scrub)

^ You could add any player we get in return for the trio of losers.

The future is looking bright!

OK, lets make this as simple as possible for u, i cant believe MSG supports u on ur stupidity.

u said it was a bad move, bad trade, what da fukk ever

meaning, u disagreed with us trading balkman, and cuttin the 2 guards

but then u say that it was a good move in a different thread, saying that you understand that toni is cutting down the sroster.....then u flip it and say that u were meaning not cutting marbury was the good move, but if you dont cut marbury, the roster size does nothing but remain the same....also, the article says nothing will be done until september. or u didnt read that far? retard. balkman would have gotten no minutes....meaning he was expendable. i really cant believe how stupid u are.

Toons

is the Bo$$
:lol::lol:

Toons is a featherweight....he gets destroyed by us heavyweights.

There should be a rule on this site where midgets like toons cant respond to the giants...its not even right. Its too easy man its too easy :lol:

And toons...chill with the swagger jackin. Get ya own style lil pussy bumbaclot boy fukk outta here

umm, ur doing the same thing u tellin me not to do....pussyhole pikny

metrocard

Legend
Toons, you're just TRYING way too hard.

I agree with not waiving Marbury, thats the good move.

I don't like Balkman getting traded, even though I could see where Walsh/D'Antoni are coming from.

paris401

Starter
personally, i think the whole team, including IT should have been brought back for another year...i think they were starting to jell... and with the addition of a healthy jerome james, the team could have made some noise next season...

Paul1355

All Star
personally, i think the whole team, including IT should have been brought back for another year...i think they were starting to jell... and with the addition of a healthy jerome james, the team could have made some noise next season...

after the whole steph and isiah thing feud? The team chemistry was shot ever since isiah became coach.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

:thup: best post i have seen in a while

Isiah was just startin to get the team to play together...they need to bring him back in as the coach and the gm. I know it looked bad the past couple of years but if they had given isiah one more chance...the skys the limit for this talented group. We can only hope D'antoni can get the players to respond the same way isiah was starting to.

Paul1355

All Star

Isiah was just startin to get the team to play together...they need to bring him back in as the coach and the gm. I know it looked bad the past couple of years but if they had given isiah one more chance...the skys the limit for this talented group. We can only hope D'antoni can get the players to respond the same way isiah was starting to.

He was one of the worst Gm's and coaches in NBA history, this team was a laughing stock to the public and Isiah was the reason for it. He couldnt control his players and they didnt respect him. Team chemistry was the main thing Isiah had a problem fixing, and it seemed like it got worse the longer he was with this franchise. He reminds me alot of the recent Pat Riley, Riley fired his coach and thougth that he could do a better job at the coaching spot, and the Heat wound up having the worst record last year with 15 wins. Isiah was a great player and could scout young talently decently, but ruined this team financialy, mentally, and just with his overall bad coaching ability. We needed a change, you can tell the players want to play 100% now with Mike D in there and new management, the players were unhappy and this move had to happen.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Good move.

D'Antoni runs an 8 man line up, so he's just trying to cut down the roster as short as possible.

Marbury
Richardson
Chandler
Randolph(being moved)
Lee

Gallinari
Robinson
Crawford(being moved)

Odd guys out
Duhon
Curry(being moved)
Robertson
Jefferies
Collins.

If Walsh and Donny have a sucessful off season, they would subtract Curry, Zach and Jamal.

Marbury (6"2)
Richardson (6"6)
Chandler (6"8)
Gallinari (6"10)
Lee (6"9)

^ That line up is as big as D'Antoni's Phoneix line up.
-Marbury provides the penetration/pick and roll/scoring/assist/solid d/range
-Richardson provides defense, rebounder, post offense, range, spot up shooting
-Chandler provides everything.
-Gallinari provides high IQ, range, penetration off the dribble, offense, passing, and toughness.
-Lee provides outlet passing, high rate of rebounds, 60% FG, 80% FT...IQ on offense.

Robinson (Barbosa)
Duhon (Banks)
Jefferies (Random scrub)

^ You could add any player we get in return for the trio of losers.

I agree we shouldn't just release Marbury and get nothing in return. But Duhon as the odd man out is wishful thinking. Duhon will be the next starting point guard. Marbury's time is running out.

Not sure why you think Crawford is going anywhere. He's a great second scoring option and next to Randolph he's the most productive. Zach is loaded with talent and contrary to popular poster opinions, he's got value. Off season's not over yet.

paris401

Starter

msg... i'm express mailing you a month's supply of prozac... the bottle says 1 pill a day...but seeing how we are both delusional... i say we need to take the whole bottle at once...

peace...

metrocard

Legend
I agree we shouldn't just release Marbury and get nothing in return. But Duhon as the odd man out is wishful thinking. Duhon will be the next starting point guard. Marbury's time is running out.

Not sure why you think Crawford is going anywhere. He's a great second scoring option and next to Randolph he's the most productive. Zach is loaded with talent and contrary to popular poster opinions, he's got value. Off season's not over yet.

1207525656.jpg

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
it would be stupid for us to buyout Marb's he still has alot of value cause he could still play ball and hes in his contract year so that adds to his value and theres deff teams out there that want him so thats what we need to do if we truly dont want him ask around and get something back...package him..... anything

Trin_Starr

Starter
http://www.examiner.com/x-441-Golde...-and-nobody-notices--just-the-way-he-likes-it
August 7th 2008

With free agency winding down, the NBA is heading toward its usual August-September dormancy.

But there’s plenty of NBA activity going on in Las Vegas right now. Not that you’ll hear much about it.

Denver Nuggets assistant coach Tim Grgurich is holding his annual summer camp this week, and it is likely the least publicized event on the NBA’s calendar. Actually, it’s not even on the calendar.

Which is exactly how Grgurich wants it.

Grgurich has been an NBA assistant coach for 17 seasons, 11 of them under George Karl. Grgurich is widely respected in the basketball community and acknowledged as one of the best individual workout instructors in the league.

But Grgurich makes a point to stay under the radar, which goes double for his camp.

The media is not allowed at Grgurich’s camp … and no agents, either. It's held at an innocuous high school about 15 minutes out of town. Grgurich also refuses to speak with the media, and has had that policy for years.

Rodney Stuckey Marcus Williams, Richard Hendrix, C.J. Watson and Anthony Morrow are there for the Warriors, and other notables this year include Utah’s Paul Millsap, Stephon Marbury, Denver’s J.R. Smith, Minnesota’s Rashad McCants and dozens of other pros and non-pros _ approximately 60 in all.

But the camp isn’t only for players. In fact, it is just as much for NBA assistant coaches. Several teams _ including the Warriors, who have been a staple at the camp _ send their coaching staffs.

One of the goals of the camp is to familiarize young players with NBA practice concepts and terminology. Players receive a lot of individual attention, and of course, there is plenty of scrimmaging.

The competition is said to be strong, with NBA veterans consistently popping in.

The camp is also beneficial to assistant coaches because they get a sense for how other teams go about practicing or working guys out, the drills they use, etc. Obviously, there’s a networking factor.

Gary Payton Grgurich’s camp is important enough that many NBA general managers and coaches will stop in at some point during the week. Grgurich’s camp is said to be where Detroit’s Rodney Stuckey began bursting onto the scene a year ago.

Grgurich’s camp wasn’t always in Vegas, and it wasn’t always so popular. It began in the early 1990s in Oakland, CA, and in the early, early days he had just one camper: Gary Payton.

Grgurich, then an assistant with Seattle, used to come to the Bay Area and work with Payton, particularly on Payton’s jump shot. Eventually, the likes of Chris Mullin, Shawn Kemp and Tim Hardaway glommed on.

And it took off from there. James Dailey, who was a star at St. Mary’s College in Moraga, CA, was part of a three-man workout along with Grgurich and Payton back in the day.

“The one thing I remember was that Grgurich was sweating as much, if not more, than Gary,” Dailey said.

That’s what’s probably going on this week in Vegas. A lot of sweating. But who knows?

Starbury is gearing up for a BIG year - the knicks would dumb to cut him and let him go to another team and perform like an all star...
Donnie & Dan needs to keep this dude - see what he can do - if he's too much to handle, then you do a "penny hardaway" special other than that - he's coming to play serious ball come Nov 1st.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
http://www.examiner.com/x-441-Golde...-and-nobody-notices--just-the-way-he-likes-it
August 7th 2008

Starbury is gearing up for a BIG year - the knicks would dumb to cut him and let him go to another team and perform like an all star...
Donnie & Dan needs to keep this dude - see what he can do - if he's too much to handle, then you do a "penny hardaway" special other than that - he's coming to play serious ball come Nov 1st.
:thumbsup:
Marbury is a 2x All Star. He's in great shape, and the last time we got to see Marbury for an entire NBA season, he averaged 16 points and 5 assists. Those are numbers that Chris Duhon and Mardy Collins could never average. He's working extra hard; he's only 31, so you know he has at least 3 years of game left in him.

Trading, Waiving, or buying out Marbury would result in the Knicks either:
1) Getting longer contract(s) in return.
2) Ruining the Knicks' plans of staying below the cap by 2010.
3) Having a championship contender sign Marbury for cheap.
4) Having to start the 5.8 points on 38.7% shooting Chris Duhon.
5) Paying Marbury close to 21 million of dollars and not even using him.

I think the Knicks should keep Marbury for this season, and then replace him with a point guard from the draft in 2009, or sign a top free agent point guard. I think it's the right and fair thing to do. Isiah Thomas, Jim Dolan, and Scott Layden ruined this team, not Marbury. Marbury is a top 10 level point guard. He should have the opportunity to play with a new coach and new staff.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
:thumbsup:
Marbury is a top 10 level point guard. He should have the opportunity to play with a new coach and new staff.

Quite honestly, if I was Marbury I'd want to get out of NY as quickly as possible.

The major rap against Marbury has been that he's self centered, not a team player, doesn't make the players around him better, doesn't get along with his teamates, is disruptive, wants to be the center of attention, doesn't play well at crunch time, makes his teams worse etc...

If he wants to prove all his critics wrong, he should sign with an obvious top playoff team (like the Celtics), and prove everyone wrong on and off the court with clutch shooting, team oriented play, by accepting his role without complaining, by not creating any controversey etc.... An opportunity on a great "team" for the first time would prove his value once and for all.

He's not going to prove anything in NY this year and he's getting older.

Paul1355

All Star
Quite honestly, if I was Marbury I'd want to get out of NY as quickly as possible.

The major rap against Marbury has been that he's self centered, not a team player, doesn't make the players around him better, doesn't get along with his teamates, is disruptive, wants to be the center of attention, doesn't play well at crunch time, makes his teams worse etc...

If he wants to prove all his critics wrong, he should sign with an obvious top playoff team (like the Celtics), and prove everyone wrong on and off the court with clutch shooting, team oriented play, by accepting his role without complaining, by not creating any controversey etc.... An opportunity on a great "team" for the first time would prove his value once and for all.

He's not going to prove anything in NY this year and he's getting older.

He has to prove he is better than what we all think of him. Or else he won't see nearly as much money as were giving him ever again. He will try hard this year to start, i think he also feels pressure from Chris Duhon coming in even though he doesnt admit it. He knows many fans dont like him, but his dad died and he could take this season a little bit more maturely.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer

Marbury
Richardson
Chandler
Randolph(being moved)
Lee

Gallinari
Robinson
Crawford(being moved)

Odd guys out
Duhon
Curry(being moved)
Robertson
Jefferies
Collins.

I absolutely diagree. Marbury is not and has not been doing anything but being a basketball version of Terrell Owens. Never wanting to playing, having a heart attack when he gets a little injury. I loved him in Phoenix and in his first two years in New York but that's it. He got soft and lazy. It's time to change the team leader. We need a new point guard. Trade Marbury for someone who can help win not help lose.

Jamal Crawford is the Knicks' best player. He score 20+ ppg for the Knicks, the leading scorer and got more assists then Marbury. Why would you trade him??? That's just crazy. Zach is our best post scorer. He does way more than Curry. So no trade involving Crawford or Zach.

But Curry is a different story. Even though he's not like Marbury, lazy. I see that he's trying but not hard enough. We need center who is in better shape than Curry.

So if Walsh and D'Antoni have a sucessful off season, they would subtract Curry and Marbury. The future is looking bright with that move!

metrocard

Legend
I absolutely diagree. Marbury is not and has not been doing anything but being a basketball version of Terrell Owens. Never wanting to playing, having a heart attack when he gets a little injury. I loved him in Phoenix and in his first two years in New York but that's it. He got soft and lazy. It's time to change the team leader. We need a new point guard. Trade Marbury for someone who can help win not help lose.

Jamal Crawford is the Knicks' best player. He score 20+ ppg for the Knicks, the leading scorer and got more assists then Marbury. Why would you trade him??? That's just crazy. Zach is our best post scorer. He does way more than Curry. So no trade involving Crawford or Zach.

But Curry is a different story. Even though he's not like Marbury, lazy. I see that he's trying but not hard enough. We need center who is in better shape than Curry.

So if Walsh and D'Antoni have a sucessful off season, they would subtract Curry and Marbury. The future is looking bright with that move!

Crawford shoots 39% FG.
Crawford is the worst defender of guards on the roster.
Crawford is SOFT.
Marbury PENATRATES with power and FORCE.
Crawford chucks with SOFTNESS and idiocy.
Marbury is an estbalished 20 and 8 player.
Crawford in reality is a bench player who got 40 minutes and was forced minutes by Isiah. Most players in the NBA can average 17-20 points in 40 minutes if Isiah allows them to shoot as much as Crawford did.
Crawford isn't special.
Has never seen the playoffs.
WORST WINNING PERCENTAGE IN THE NBA AMONGST ANY ACTIVE PLAYER.
Crawford isn't 1/8th of Marbury.

You were so misinformed...I'm surprised I missed this post.