Richard Dawkins says Creation is a possibility

Paul1355

All Star
I've watched the movie Expelled:No Intelligence Allowed by Ben Stein and he had an interview with Richard Dawkins which were simple questions. Dawkins winds up saying that a Creator is a possibility, but it cant possibly be a God??? OK. The interview is presented at 1:40 and on.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Liar..Liar..Liar!!! Richard Dawkins' quote is edited here and in the film to make it seem like he believes in creationism. But he later refutes that argument. Quoting out of context seems to be a common tactic by creationists.

The producers also tricked the people they were interviewing into thinking it would be a reasonable debate about science and religion.

Here is a copy of the letter they received:
My name is Mark Mathis. I am a Producer for Rampant Films. We are currently in production of the documentary film, “Crossroads: The Intersection of Science and Religion.”

At your convenience I would like to discuss our project with you and to see if we might be able to schedule an interview with you for the film. The interview would take no more than 90 minutes total, including set up and break down of our equipment.

We are interested in asking you a number of questions about the disconnect/controversy that exists in America between Evolution, Creationism and the Intelligent Design movement.

Please let me know what time would be convenient for me to reach you at your office. Also, could you please let me know if you charge a fee for interviews and if so, what that fee would be for 90 minutes of your time?

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely,

Mark Mathis
Rampant Films

Notice they lied about the title of the film too. Apparently the people interviewed were not allowed to take recording devices into the interview as well. They were afraid they would be exposed.

Richard Dawkins explains what he was saying when he made that statement:
Bending over backwards to make the best case I could for intelligent design, I constructed a science fiction scenario. Like Michael Ruse (as I surmise) I still hadn't rumbled Stein, and I was charitable enough to think he was an honestly stupid man, sincerely seeking enlightenment from a scientist. I patiently explained to him that life could conceivably have been seeded on Earth by an alien intelligence from another planet (Francis Crick and Leslie Orgel suggested something similar -- semi tongue-in-cheek). The conclusion I was heading towards was that, even in the highly unlikely event that some such 'Directed Panspermia' was responsible for designing life on this planet, the alien beings would THEMSELVES have to have evolved, if not by Darwinian selection, by some equivalent 'crane' (to quote Dan Dennett). My point here was that design can never be an ULTIMATE explanation for organized complexity. Even if life on Earth was seeded by intelligent designers on another planet, and even if the alien life form was itself seeded four billion years earlier, the regress must ultimately be terminated (and we have only some 13 billion years to play with because of the finite age of the universe). Organized complexity cannot just spontaneously happen. That, for goodness sake, is the creationists' whole point, when they bang on about eyes and bacterial flagella! Evolution by natural selection is the only known process whereby organized complexity can ultimately come into being. Organized complexity -- and that includes everything capable of designing anything intelligently -- comes LATE into the universe. It cannot exist at the beginning, as I have explained again and again in my writings.

Also, Richard Dawkins and PZ Myers went to the showing of the film. PZ had signed in, where Dawkins did not. While the film was playing, the producer had PZ Meyers removed from the showing. Expelled from Expelled.

Do you see, the more you lie about your faith, the more it gets exposed for it's lies. Religious people bury their heads in the sand and ignore facts and irrefutable evidence. Then they lie about the facts and evidence to make it seem their lies are true. But that's just it. They want to believe in a God. They don't want to believe their lives are insignificant. It makes them feel special and they don't want science showing them they are not.

And people who believe that Monkeys are the reason man is here, and that the bible is science fiction cannot refute bible prophecy.

Even the smartest ones.

You took the short yellow bus to school as a child didn't you?

There you go! Smartest man alive trying to make himself feel big by insulting the lowly ones!:teeth:

Add something of substance please. Can you refute the bible prophecy? All the degrees you have, should be easy.

My best guess, straight from the yellow bus is, No!

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
There you go! Smartest man alive trying to make himself feel big by insulting the lowly ones!:teeth:

Add something of substance please. Can you refute the bible prophecy? All the degrees you have, should be easy.

My best guess, straight from the yellow bus is, No!

U mean re-state what I've already said in another thread time and time again..so you can berate how true it is...eventhough you wont' admit your delusional.

It's funny my niece has imaginary friends (shes 5 by the way)...and yet I find it cute when she tells me how they have tea parties, and they tell her jokes. Watching adults like you play this game truly points that when/if we ever do manage to communicate with an alien life form..one of you folks will be the one it finds to chat with..and damn us all out of existence...or even worse start worshiping it.

It's not about making myself feel big..but don't blame me because your lack of critical thinking is showing.

U mean re-state what I've already said in another thread time and time again..so you can berate how true it is...eventhough you wont' admit your delusional.

It's funny my niece has imaginary friends (shes 5 by the way)...and yet I find it cute when she tells me how they have tea parties, and they tell her jokes. Watching adults like you play this game truly points that when/if we ever do manage to communicate with an alien life form..one of you folks will be the one it finds to chat with..and damn us all out of existence...or even worse start worshiping it.

It's not about making myself feel big..but don't blame me because your lack of critical thinking is showing.

You don't even pay attention to yourself when you speak. A lot of what you have been taught about the bible is false. So if you continue along those false lines of reasoning, how can you ever come to truth?

Now if you're saying you'd like to remain where you are there, that's cool. Your choice. Still does not change the fact you are way to the lft concerning the bible. And you comparing other religions to mine has gotten you nowhere because in all of your 50 million quotes, you do not have one thing concerning Jehovah's witnesses, which proves the bibles point.

Your last one I believe was on religion causing chaos on the world. Catholics were brought up, other faiths. Not once did you mention Jehovah's witnesses in that article.

At the end of the day this is the bottom line.

The prophecy concerning alexander the great in the bible has more actual facts than anything you or anyone else has tried to prove about evolution. Why? Because we know for a fact that it actually took place, where as we don't all agree that evolution has.

Stings.

Paul1355

All Star
It isnt a fake video i saw this in theatres

I saw this in theatres, it isnt fake or dubbed. You can tell this was the real answer by the questions following it in the actual interview, rent the movie. You can try your best attempt to prove it wrong when he flat out on the video said "it makes the most sense to have intelligent design." I doubt the theatre one is different from the DVD version. Dawkins f'ed up becuase he came out with the most logical answer...lol this slapped all you evolutionist in the face, your biggest deabator just proved everything he ever said false. I didnt want to mention this a while ago cuz if i said Dawkins said this you'd laugh at me, well theres your proof and now im the one laughing.

And for LJ...it wasnt edited, Dawkins can say whatever he wants, he messed up. You think Ben Stein would risk his reputation on a editing scene like that? he'd get killed. My jaw dropped seein this scene in theatres cuz i knew who Dawkins was and that just blew me away seein him say that.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight the guy who used to sell VISINE..and was in Ferris Bueller outsmarted a well known scientist?

http://www.expelledexposed.com/index...ruth/evolution

And that is your whole problem right there. You think because a person is a scientists that makes them smarter than an avg person in every facet of life. Like being a scientists automaticlly hands you a sorta can't be proven wrong, or outfoxed license. Get your head out of the clouds and remember that all scientists are imperfect guy. They make mistakes often. In their analysis and life.

And you have yet to answer how come scientists don't believe in God but believe in being moral beings. How can evolution support such a thing? All morals rest on a moral giver. Who gave man morals? Martians?

Paul1355

All Star
And that is your whole problem right there. You think because a person is a scientists that makes them smarter than an avg person in every facet of life. Like being a scientists automaticlly hands you a sorta can't be proven wrong, or outfoxed license. Get your head out of the clouds and remember that all scientists are imperfect guy. They make mistakes often. In their analysis and life.

And you have yet to answer how come scientists don't believe in God but believe in being moral beings. How can evolution support such a thing? All morals rest on a moral giver. Who gave man morals? Martians?

haha knicks4lyfe you hit it man. good stuff.... the moral argument is a big one conerning evolution. The evolutionist can say what they want...good point brother we may disagree on many views concerning the Bible, but we definetly agree on this one.:agreed: BTW i gotta respond to our last argument, it's gettin good.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Last edited:
haha knicks4lyfe you hit it man. good stuff.... the moral argument is a big one conerning evolution. The evolutionist can say what they want...good point brother we may disagree on many views concerning the Bible, but we definetly agree on this one.:agreed: BTW i gotta respond to our last argument, it's gettin good.

I don't know why scientists do that, but they do. They often put this front up as if they cannot be wrong when a subject is debatable. It's like they say well you're just a barber, and I have degrees.

No one will argue with a scientists that the world is round. Why? because we have all seen that the globe is indeed spherical. But, when pointed to the fact that the bible had this fact in it's pages for centuries, these guys say... A merchant looked at the shadows of a pole and saw this or that. Why? Because they don't wanna have to say that someone with accurate knowledge of this had to tell Job.

When faced with prophecy they say, it was written after the fact. Then they usually go off on a tangent conerning how religion has ruined the world (in which they are right in some ways) But that does not mean that the bible is not God's word. They never take into account that it could be the imperfect people NOT LIVING UP TO GOD'S WORD.

But usually at the end of the day, it boils down to them wanting to live care free and do whatever they feel is good for them in life, without the consequences of worrying if God actually sees them.

I'd rather hear that then to be told I am stupid if I don't believe I come from my monkey ancestors like ambithecus africanus, when the Fossil record can't accurately say this happened.

Im stupid for believing these guys are crazy dating things back millions of years when the machinery is said by some to only be able to go back to only about 2k bce accurately.

It's almost like they just can't be wrong. Because that would mean there is a God, not martians.

And a guy who was an advisor to the Nixon administration. One of the most dishonest administrations in American history. Liars...all of them.

If they need to lie to prove their belief, doesn't that make their belief false?

But Lj, you posted what you thought was accurate rendering of bible prophecy, and you were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY wrong. Are you a liar? Or did you just misunderstand?

And now that what you believe has been corrected, if you still believe what you want, are you doing the worse form of lying, which is lying to yourself?

Paul1355

All Star
I don't know why scientists do that, but they do. They often put this front up as if they cannot be wrong when a subject is debatable. It's like they say well you're just a barber, and I have degrees.

No one will argue with a scientists that the world is round. Why? because we have all seen that the globe is indeed spherical. But, when pointed to the fact that the bible had this fact in it's pages for centuries, these guys say... A merchant looked at the shadows of a pole and saw this or that. Why? Because they don't wanna have to say that someone with accurate knowledge of this had to tell Job.

When faced with prophecy they say, it was written after the fact. Then they usually go off on a tangent conerning how religion has ruined the world (in which they are right in some ways) But that does not mean that the bible is not God's word. They never take into account that it could be the imperfect people NOT LIVING UP TO GOD'S WORD.

But usually at the end of the day, it boils down to them wanting to live care free and do whatever they feel is good for them in life, without the consequences of worrying if God actually sees them.

I'd rather hear that then to be told I am stupid if I don't believe I come from my monkey ancestors like ambithecus africanus, when the Fossil record can't accurately say this happened.

Im stupid for believing these guys are crazy dating things back millions of years when the machinery is said by some to only be able to go back to only about 2k bce accurately.

It's almost like they just can't be wrong. Because that would mean there is a God, not martians.

you summed up the classic Atheist.

TunerAddict

Starter
We knew the earth was round for a long time. The Ancient Greeks frequently had noted that the earth was indeed spherical.

However, they were wrong as you are when saying the earth is a sphere. It is not a sphere. The earth is an oblate spheroid.

An oblate spheroid is a rotationally symmetric ellipsoid having a polar axis shorter than the diameter of the equatorial circle whose plane bisects it[1]. An M&M's candy (US) or Smartie (Canada, UK and Europe) is an approximate example of an oblate spheroid.