CLASSIC 99' Knicks/SPREWELL

metrocard

Legend

Damn...what kills me is that LJ and 33 were injured and we still competed with the Spurs.

That was our year, injuries just ****ed us up...we could of beat the Spurs if we had more size...Spurs were suppose to blow us out and failed.

Good times.

Only stuff like this can make a man cry.

metrocard

Legend
The way the NBA is now, you need a top 5 player to make it to the Finals or compete...or just have a solid starting 5 like Detroit who really been losers in the playoffs since their victory over the Lakers.

I see us returning to the glory days when we get that top 5 player and build around him. (prays Gallinari becomes a more efficient Hedo Turk; 23 ppg, 7 rebs, 5 assist 40% 3pt)

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I miss those days. That '99 team was special.

Then Layden traded Spree for VanHorn. And then traded Camby and Nene for McDysse. The beginning of the end.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
talkin about alan houston, i saw alan houston play streetball this summer, he was going nut!!!!only scored 25 points (13 for 13 from FT line), he didnt impress at all, it was definately weird to see alan houston playin street ball in NY

Paul1355

All Star
The way the NBA is now, you need a top 5 player to make it to the Finals or compete...or just have a solid starting 5 like Detroit who really been losers in the playoffs since their victory over the Lakers.

I see us returning to the glory days when we get that top 5 player and build around him. (prays Gallinari becomes a more efficient Hedo Turk; 23 ppg, 7 rebs, 5 assist 40% 3pt)

thats why 2010 is so important for a big time guy to be available like a Lebron or D-Wade, i think D-Wade will be our best bet.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
Lartwell Spearwell Allen Hustons and knick of 99, is like watching now dead granmomma of me come alife and bake cake for me again

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
talkin about alan houston, i saw alan houston play streetball this summer, he was going nut!!!!only scored 25 points (13 for 13 from FT line), he didnt impress at all, it was definately weird to see alan houston playin street ball in NY

Allan houston was going nuts....he didnt impress at all :confused:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

Damn...what kills me is that LJ and 33 were injured and we still competed with the Spurs.

That was our year, injuries just ****ed us up...we could of beat the Spurs if we had more size...Spurs were suppose to blow us out and failed.

Good times.

Only stuff like this can make a man cry.

This is possibly your greatest post.
Kids that don't know about the 99 Knicks need to watch those clips. Spreewell was a soldier.

Toons

is the Bo$$
sum guys arent used to ur slang
btw, i nominate this for post of the year....this moved me

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Boy, how I miss those times!
I can still remember the day of game 5 in Miami, I was sick but I couldn't miss that one for nothing, and luckily so.
I missed school the day after...:gony:

And game 6 against the pacers is still in my memory as well, good old times!

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
98-99 was Great Could have been greater If.

if We had a Healthy Pat. Man That team was great I remember Larry Bird saying something to the effect how Camby was unbelievable with how he is every where grabbing key rebounds, blocking mthrfkrs from no where. And how about Spree Ah man I have some great memories as I am sure many of you do from this team in that time period. I smetimes wish I could turn back the hands of time.................

Kiyaman

Legend
Watching Sprewell, Camby, and Childs in that video makes me realize why I hate Layden, Isiah, and Walsh. None of these clowns has the wisdom to Shine G.M. Ernie Grunfeld shoes.
I wanted coach JVG Fired instead of G.M. Grunfeld.

Knick-Fans were doubting the signing of Chris Childs, got upset about the trade of Starks for Sprewell, and got mad as hell when Oakley was traded for Camby.
Childs, Spree, and Camby "Trio" took it to the MAX each game.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Watching Sprewell, Camby, and Childs in that video makes me realize why I hate Layden, Isiah, and Walsh. None of these clowns has the wisdom to Shine G.M. Ernie Grunfeld shoes.
I wanted coach JVG Fired instead of G.M. Grunfeld.

Knick-Fans were doubting the signing of Chris Childs, got upset about the trade of Starks for Sprewell, and got mad as hell when Oakley was traded for Camby.
Childs, Spree, and Camby "Trio" took it to the MAX each game.

I agree, it was time to trade our guys for young talents, but of course, it was sad to see true new yorkers like Starks and Oakley leave the team.