Eddy curry not in shape?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
If you give Jerome James any props at all then that's something you shouldn't be doing. As fat and lazy as Curry is, he still plays, James doesn't, end of story.
I wasn't giving James props. My point is that Curry isn't even a real center, and he isn't a real center. Most starting NBA centers either play defense, rebound, or do both. Curry is one of the only NBA starting centers that does neither. It's a fact. I said that Curry is better than James, so the argument wasn't even about it. It's that a lot of people have a soft side for Curry, so they're quick to defend him.

Paul1355

All Star
I wasn't giving James props. My point is that Curry isn't even a real center, and his isn't a real center. Most starting NBA centers either play defense, rebound, or do both. Curry is one of the only NBA starting centers that does neither. It's a fact.

He's a low post, power, scoring Center, with potential and much to work on. He's all offense.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
He's a low post, power, scoring Center, with potential and much to work on. He's all offense.
Then that's not a center. Most NBA players that can only score are either shooting guards, point guards, or small forwards. Eddy Curry plays like an overweight small forward that doesn't have a jump shot. He doesn't play like a center.

Paul1355

All Star
Then that's not a center. Most NBA players that can only score are either shooting guards, point guards, or small forwards. Eddy Curry plays like an overweight small forward that doesn't have a jump shot. He doesn't play like a center.

I personally liked him as a power forward. You can get away wit straight offensive skills as a big man if your a PF. Centers do focus more on rebounding and D.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I personally liked him as a power forward. You can get away wit straight offensive skills as a big man if your a PF. Centers do focus more on rebounding and D.
I agree. He would fit better as a power forward. But if he wasn't 285 lbs and 6-11, he would be a small forward.

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
There is no way a player that stands 6'11" and weighs 285 lbs should average 5 rebounds a game. Curry epitomizes what is wrong with many of today's athletes. Athletes like Curry put themselves above their coaches and the rest of their teamates. They are more preoccupied with their own game and not with winning. You're right abcd, Curry has a SF mindset in a Center's body. Will Curry ever become an elite rebounder? We all know the answer to that. To be an elite rebounder you not only need the skill but also the desire. There is not a coach/guru dead or alive who could instill in him the desire to be a top rebounder. There is however no reason that Curry cannot learn and execute basic basketball skills like boxing-out and proper positioning to become an 8 to 10 rebound/game player.
The same can be said about Marbury and Zach which leads me to the point I really wanted to make. The thing this team needs most is veteran leadership. The coach and his staff can only go so far in getting the most out of their players. There is not one player on this team who has stepped up and become a leader. Waiting for Lebron or Ricky Rubio to fall into our laps are long shots. Obtaining some veteran leaders who wil kick some ass when some ass-kicking is needed will go a long way towards turnig this mismatched group of underachievers into a competitive winning team.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
i just wish the knicks find a way to get rid of curry and zach that will make there team 10 times better, curry and zach both dont play any d and there not a shot blocking threat, and there selfish players

jimkcchief88

All Star
I hear you, the sad thing is that Eddy has the potential to be a real force in this league and thats what kills Knick fans. I just cant get how a player can be his size and not be able to grab more rebs. I mean the guy runs those ally oop plays as good as any big man in the league, which takes awarness and timing two things essential for shot blocking and yet Nate seems to go for blocks more than he does. Maybe Dantoni can appeal to him some sort of way

Eddy is just the biggest enigma to me!

The problem is Eddy doesn't see the ball enough on the offensive end. We can argue this all day, but ask any coach and he will tell you if you expect your center to play hard on the defensive end and rebound, you have to reward him on the offensive end. Say whatever but asking a guy who is has NFL offensive lineman size to run an NBA regulation basketball court is a feat in itself. Then ask that same guy to chase and board and block shots and play defense without giving him touches on the offensive end is crazy. Eddy had his best year two seasons ago because he saw the ball on offense. Then Isiah brings in the black hole Zach Randolph and Eddy's all around games suffers from lack of offensive touches. I am telling you they brought Duhon in to get Eddy more involved in the offense. We needed a PG without the shoot first mentality.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The problem is Eddy doesn't see the ball enough on the offensive end. We can argue this all day, but ask any coach and he will tell you if you expect your center to play hard on the defensive end and rebound, you have to reward him on the offensive end. Say whatever but asking a guy who is has NFL offensive lineman size to run an NBA regulation basketball court is a feat in itself. Then ask that same guy to chase and board and block shots and play defense without giving him touches on the offensive end is crazy. Eddy had his best year two seasons ago because he saw the ball on offense. Then Isiah brings in the black hole Zach Randolph and Eddy's all around games suffers from lack of offensive touches. I am telling you they brought Duhon in to get Eddy more involved in the offense. We needed a PG without the shoot first mentality.
The Chicago Bulls had Kirk Hinrich(a pass first point guard). How do you explain that Eddy Curry played zero defense and had no rebounding ability there?

Stephon Marbury helped Eddy Curry average 19.5 points per game, in the 2006-2007 season. If Marbury was so greedy, how did he average all those points with Marbury as the starting point guard?

Like I've said numerous times, stop making excuses for Eddy Curry. Eddy Curry has been in the NBA for 7 years. How much longer does he have to average .5 blocks, .3 steals, and 4.7 rebounds, before you realize that he's a one dimensional scrub?

GetRealistic

Starter
Curry was like 20 when he played with Hinirich, who also was a rookie at the time.

But to go with Jimmys point, Its pretty obvious that Currys best season was two years ago, when he got the ball. Big men who can score like the ball, pretty obvious.

ABCD is right though, Marbury did help Curry average close to 20. But so did Crawford and those alley oops we used to run, when Curry would go back door. And with Zach clogging up the lanes that play went away. Also Channing Fyre helped Curry average those points because he spread the floor and didn't need the ball.

ABCD you may never be a Curry fan, but i dont' see why he would be any worse then he was two seasons ago if we went back to using him like we did. He wasn't in shape two season ago either but he probably should have been an all star that season.

It's all pointless because we can't live in the past. But we all know the team that featured Curry in post two season ago was alot more competitive then the Zach Randolph version of the Knicks.

Its all speculation though, all we got to do is wait around 3 more months and we'll find out.

P.S. I remember people saying something about that Ben Gordon charity event that Curry was going to appear at. Did that happen? And are there pictures?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Curry was like 20 when he played with Hinirich, who also was a rookie at the time.

But to go with Jimmys point, Its pretty obvious that Currys best season was two years ago, when he got the ball. Big men who can score like the ball, pretty obvious.

ABCD is right though, Marbury did help Curry average close to 20. But so did Crawford and those alley oops we used to run, when Curry would go back door. And with Zach clogging up the lanes that play went away. Also Channing Fyre helped Curry average those points because he spread the floor and didn't need the ball.

ABCD you may never be a Curry fan, but i dont' see why he would be any worse then he was two seasons ago if we went back to using him like we did. He wasn't in shape two season ago either but he probably should have been an all star that season.

It's all pointless because we can't live in the past. But we all know the team that featured Curry in post two season ago was alot more competitive then the Zach Randolph version of the Knicks.

Its all speculation though, all we got to do is wait around 3 more months and we'll find out.

P.S. I remember people saying something about that Ben Gordon charity event that Curry was going to appear at. Did that happen? And are there pictures?
Eddy Curry was 22, going on 23, when Kirk Hinrich played with him. Eddy Curry is in the 2001 draft class. Hinrich is in the 2003 draft class.

Eddy Curry helped the Knicks win 33 games. His defense was worse than ever, his rebounding per minute ratio was below average, and his assist to turnover ratio was unheard of, until he hit the insane milestone of .8 assists to 3.64 turnovers. Eddy Curry averaged more turnovers than assists, blocks, and steals. I don't see any reason why the Knicks should give Curry the ball. He doesn't deserve it. He's overweight and one dimensional. If he loses weight, and if his blocks and rebounds go up, then he deserves the ball. Until then, he shouldn't get any touches.

Eddy Curry was at the event, and there's pictures. There's no pictures of Curry, though. He dodged the media, because he knows he hasn't been losing weight. There's pictures of Emeka Okafor, Heavy D, Ben Gordon, and Elton Brand.

bowling%2010.jpg

bowling%208.jpg

bowling%205.jpg

bowling%203.jpg

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
How many games we win last year when we didn't feature Curry?
The Knicks won 23, and that was because Curry wasn't doing his job on defense, rebounding, or offense. Eddy Curry averaged 32 minutes per game, for the first two months of the season. Isiah Thomas started benching him, because he played bad. Did Curry play defense? No Did Curry rebound? No Did Curry's field goal percentage drop last year? Yes Did Curry still average more turnovers than assists, blocks, and steals? Yes I wonder why.

PS-The Knicks won 39 games, when Marbury was the #1 option on offense, so that also defeats your theory.

Stop making excuses for Curry.

P.S. here's the link for the photos. I don't want to plaigiarize people's work.
http://www.mvinquirer.com/bowling_bash.htm

GetRealistic

Starter
So 10 more? Maybe it was Currys play. Maybe it was Randolph being added to the mix. Maybe it was Stephon being Starbury.

Personally i think it was because we didn't have 6'8 shooting guard Demetrius Nicholes spreading the D with his lights out jump shooting and Randolph Morris dominating the pait with his defense.

Just my theory though

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
So 10 more? Maybe it was Currys play. Maybe it was Randolph being added to the mix. Maybe it was Stephon being Starbury.

Personally i think it was because we didn't have 6'8 shooting guard Demetrius Nicholes spreading the D with his lights out jump shooting and Randolph Morris dominating the pait with his defense.

Just my theory though
Kiyaman is going to give you a rep point for that.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
damn abcd has been killin it. lol @ this thread still gettin replies...that sh!t aint even real :lol:
Damn, lol! I thought the article was fake, at first, because I didn't see the article when I clicked on it, but I was hoping it was real. NY1 is a real weather channel. lol