Your Realistic 8 man rotation

Toons

is the Bo$$
That's cool, I can't knock his work ethic. Do I believe he should be the starter? No, I feel that if Chandler doesn't get it at the beginning of the season he will overtake it or at least consume most of the minutes. If Q-Rich can contribute, who can be mad. From what I saw last year he is not the same player. He can prove me wrong this season, but I still want the Knicks to Develop our young players and this is the perfect year for that because we have very low expectations. I wanna see if Chandler and the Cock will be significant players on this team. I just see that Q-Rich can cut into their development and minutes. That's just the way i see it.

cosign, i see chandler as a ginoble type (not skillwise, minutes wise), we need a bench....we need guys to come off and provide fire...that is where i see wilson. With qrich getting in shape (i hear hes working on his 3pt shot) he should be a starter, our bench needs to be fire

duhon
n8
gallo
chandler
lee

good 2nd string

dre48ny

Rotation player
cosign, i see chandler as a ginoble type (not skillwise, minutes wise), we need a bench....we need guys to come off and provide fire...that is where i see wilson. With qrich getting in shape (i hear hes working on his 3pt shot) he should be a starter, our bench needs to be fire

duhon
n8
gallo
chandler
lee

good 2nd string

I think that second string can match up against the first string, jajaja. Yes I believe the bench has improved dramatically. Duhon was borught here to play, N8 is solid and D'antoni can use him badly, Cock looks like has potential and also very young, chandler will start by midseason, and Mr. Lee is Mr.Lee.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
lol, if zach isnt our best rebounder....then who is?
Zach randolph is top 10 in rebounds and double doubles
im with walsh, we need to change the culture of the knicks, and we as fans should change the culture of knick fans. if we dont value our own, no1 would.
earlier in the year he grabbed 22 boards n had 20 points....those are dwight howard like numbers. les be real, he is our best rebounder, closely followed by david lee
I don't know what he's talking about, either. Kiyaman's a good poster, and he's good at assessing players and coaches most of the time, but his assessment of Randolph is insane. Based on his logic, Eddy Curry gets a pass for not being able to rebound for his previous 6 years, because Zach Randolph supposily stopped him from rebounding last year.
Eddy Curry also gets a pass for not being able to defend or shoot free throws, because of Randolph's presence. Based on his logic, Quentin Richardson's weight problems had nothing to do with why he played bad last year, and Renaldo Balkman's lack of playing time had nothing to do with why he only averaged 3.4 rebounds. David Lee's 8.9 rebounds are a result of Zach Randolph's selfishness, according to him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiyaman, you're one of the best posters on this site, but that post made no sense.

You said that Zach Randolph is not the best rebounder on this team, but he led the team in rebounds, and he led the team in double doubles.

It can be argued that David Lee might be a better rebounder, since he's a better jumper and he gets more offensive rebounds, but that's the only other player on the Knicks that's capable of getting 10+ rebounds a game.

You also said that the plays were designed for Randolph to guard the paint.
What have you been watching? Last time I checked, Eddy Curry was the center on this team. He was the main person guarding the paint and the main person getting dunked on and layed up on.

You also said that Zach Randolph was the reason why the team led the NBA in games getting blown out. Wrong, the Knicks led the league in games getting blown out because Jamal Crawford, Zach Randolph, and Eddy Curry played zero defense, Stephon Marbury only played 24 games and was not doing a good job of leading the team, and Quentin Richardson shot 35.9% from the field.

Singling out Randolph makes it sound like if you're scapegoating a player that's been on this team for 1 year for why this team has played sub .500 basketball for 7 years.

10 rebounds in 32 minutes is an excellent number, so I don't know what you're talking about. 10 rebounds, in 32 minutes, means that Zach Randolph averaged 1 rebound every 3.2 minutes. At that rate, he would average 15.2 rebounds per game, in 48 minutes.

Why are criticizing Randolph's 10.3 rebounds, but you have nothing to say about Curry's 4.7 rebounds per game? The most rebounds Curry ever averaged was 7, and that took him more minutes than Randolph-35.3.

This is not about the Knicks other 7 Cancer Players.
I'll criticize them later.

Your right I can not blame just Zach for all those blow outs however, Ben Wallace, Bosh, KG, Rasheed, Mcdyess, Josh Smith, J.O'Neal, Gooden, Varejao, and Haslem (all PF in the East) would have defended the paint from oponents (lay-up lines) and grabbed rebounds 100% better than what Zach Randolph did.

About Zach Randolph double-double the Portland Blazers could not win games with it, without it they became an above 500 win team throughout the entire 2007-8 season.

How many alley-oop passes did you see Crawford throw to Curry in the 2007-8 season? (none) compared to the 2006-7 season?
Zach Randolph big body was always in the paint clogging up the middle on both sides of the court throughout his NBA career.
The Portland Blazers had no use for a lazy PF that cant score down low, but always want to plant himself in the paint. Especially when the team will add a dominating young bigman like C-Oden, whom could rebound, shotblock, and score down low with his back to the basket.

If you had a center like Oden would you want a non-mobil Zach Randolph to keep clogging up the paint demanding the ball? Or standing still in the paint on the line on defense?

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't know what he's talking about, either. Kiyaman's a good poster, and he's good at assessing players and coaches most of the time, but his assessment of Randolph is insane. Based on his logic, Eddy Curry gets a pass for not being able to rebound for his previous 6 years, because Zach Randolph supposily stopped him from rebounding last year.
Eddy Curry also gets a pass for not being able to defend or shoot free throws, because of Randolph's presence. Based on his logic, Quentin Richardson's weight problems had nothing to do with why he played bad last year, and Renaldo Balkman's lack of playing time had nothing to do with why he only averaged 3.4 rebounds. David Lee's 8.9 rebounds are a result of Zach Randolph's selfishness, according to him.

No one gets a pass on this 23 win team however, when you give playingtime to a small lineup (8-Man Rotation) like what Isiah did last season (only using Curry, Zach, Lee, and Jefferies in the bigman rotation, and Marbury, Crawford, Q.Rich, and Fred Jones in the backcourt rotation) for 24 straight games you would expect some kind of chemistry out of the 8 players.

The Knicks last 3 years performance has been so bad that any one can pick any of the players and criticize their individual team performance. That does not mean that their teammates gets approval.

Toons

is the Bo$$

Your right I can not blame just Zach for all those blow outs however, Ben Wallace, Bosh, KG, Rasheed, Mcdyess, Josh Smith, J.O'Neal, Gooden, Varejao, and Haslem (all PF in the East) would have defended the paint from oponents (lay-up lines) and grabbed rebounds 100% better than what Zach Randolph did.

How many alley-oop passes did you see Crawford throw to Curry in the 2007-8 season? (none) compared to the 2006-7 season?
Zach Randolph big body was always in the paint clogging up the middle on both sides of the court throughout his NBA career.

If you had a center like Oden would you want a non-mobil Zach Randolph to keep clogging up the paint demanding the ball? Or standing still in the paint on the line on defense?

lmao @ bold statements (pun intended)

ur blaming currys laziness on randolph?? i really feel that ur being biased against randolph. randolph could be an all star if he wants to, walsh said he was generous when he said zach played at half potential last season, therefore, we have not seen him play his best. would you get rid of kobe for a bad season? no right? ok then, zach deserves another chance. we cannot give up a 20 n 10 pf. marbury and randolph hardly played together. our entire tam hardly played together.
the guys u listedare all faster than zach, but kyia, honestly, if u were playing a pick up game, n u had to chose between haslem, randolph, gooden, and verajao.....you wouldnt pick ZACH RANDOLPH over them??

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
I've been visiting this site for awhile now and have decided to finally throw my 2-cents in. I see the Knicks as having some decent talent. Are they a championship caliber team? Not by any stretch of the imagination. The team as comprised, however, can be competitive and maybe even squek into the playoffs. There are 3 things that caused last years disasterous 23 win season. The 1st one was easily solved with the firing of IT and his sorry ass. The 2nd one being the Curry/Randolph tandem. Not only do they not compiment each other but they actually make each other worse. The easy solution would be to trade one if not both of them. Walsh sees their talent and is not willing to give them away for nothing. He thinks D'antoni will find a way to make Curry/Randolph work and I agree. The last problem that needs to be solved is Marbury. Marbury is a talented player. For argument sake let's call him an 8 out of 10. The problem lies in that fact that he percieves himself as a 12 out of 10 and herin lies the problem. If Mike D. can actually get Marbury's misconceptions about his game in order then the Knicks can have a sucessful season.

jzero29

Rotation player
Welcome aboard newbie

I've been visiting this site for awhile now and have decided to finally throw my 2-cents in. I see the Knicks as having some decent talent. Are they a championship caliber team? Not by any stretch of the imagination. The team as comprised, however, can be competitive and maybe even squek into the playoffs. There are 3 things that caused last years disasterous 23 win season. The 1st one was easily solved with the firing of IT and his sorry ass. The 2nd one being the Curry/Randolph tandem. Not only do they not compiment each other but they actually make each other worse. The easy solution would be to trade one if not both of them. Walsh sees their talent and is not willing to give them away for nothing. He thinks D'antoni will find a way to make Curry/Randolph work and I agree. The last problem that needs to be solved is Marbury. Marbury is a talented player. For argument sake let's call him an 8 out of 10. The problem lies in that fact that he percieves himself as a 12 out of 10 and herin lies the problem. If Mike D. can actually get Marbury's misconceptions about his game in order then the Knicks can have a sucessful season.
I was going to harass you just to harass you on your first post, lurker, and say someting like you shouldn't have bothered to throw your 2 cents in and make clever comments about you being a newbie, but I have to say, it was a pretty good first post. I like that walsh won't trade the dynamic duo for nothing. I think your assesment of marbury is dead on. Of course I agree with the firing of IT. overall I concur.
I think marbury can still be effective. The only thing I am not sold on is the Curry Randolph duo working ever. I mean I guess some cosmic guru may be able to make a game plan that works for them, but I have yet to see it. They are both Black holes, once it goes in it doesn't come out. Even when they try and pass out it's usually a turnover. I know with the 7 seconds, it won't matter as much when your a blackhole, it's kind of the point. Get it done quick.I like the knicks, I don't think they'll make playoffs, but the attitude change may be all it needed for this high payroll of underachievers. Hopefully curry and Zach improve under Coach D. and so will they're trade value and we can ditch some salary. Crawford may benefit the most from the change in styles. I hate the guy but maybe he's not in the right system.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
lmao @ bold statements (pun intended)

ur blaming currys laziness on randolph?? i really feel that ur being biased against randolph. randolph could be an all star if he wants to, walsh said he was generous when he said zach played at half potential last season, therefore, we have not seen him play his best. would you get rid of kobe for a bad season? no right? ok then, zach deserves another chance. we cannot give up a 20 n 10 pf. marbury and randolph hardly played together. our entire tam hardly played together.
the guys u listedare all faster than zach, but kyia, honestly, if u were playing a pick up game, n u had to chose between haslem, randolph, gooden, and verajao.....you wouldnt pick ZACH RANDOLPH over them??

On the truth, this offseason I became BIAS of every player on my Knick-Team for not representing Pro B-Ball to their two rookies lastseason by playing with a selfish egotistical attitude in their no-defense performance.

I do aim my Bias the most on Crawford, Marbury, Zach, and Q.Richardson because they do receive the majority of playingtime over their teammates.
And all four players showed the worst leadership to their teammates that can be imagine in the last 3 seasons.

I can not force myself to be optimistic about Walsh 20 year resume who hired Isiah Thomas to his first coaching job (just for the Name), or coach D'Antoni who first NBA coaching job he inhereted the Phoenix "Kidd & Matrix" run & gun show, but with four uptempo players "Nash, Marion, Johnson, and Amare". I would have like to see coach D'Antoni coach the Chicago Bulls or the next team to evaluate his real coaching skills before comming to my Knick team.

but kyia, honestly, if u were playing a pick up game, n u had to chose between haslem, randolph, gooden, and verajao.....you wouldnt pick ZACH RANDOLPH over them?

Hell NO! each one of those players has shut down Zach Randolph scoring ability in the 4th quarter in so many games its hard to count.
Zach is not a player that plays under-pressure on both ends of the court.
Zach Randolph NBA career of receiving 30 mpg has never lead his team to a 500 season.
Having a PF like Haslem, Gooden, or Varejao on your team is good when you have a scoring bigman like Curry or Zach who cant play defense without fouling out early.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Hell NO! each one of those players has shut down Zach Randolph scoring ability in the 4th quarter in so many games its hard to count.
Zach is not a player that plays under-pressure on both ends of the court.
Zach Randolph NBA career of receiving 30 mpg has never lead his team to a 500 season.
Having a PF like Haslem, Gooden, or Varejao on your team is good when you have a scoring bigman like Curry or Zach who cant play defense without fouling out early.

That statement is actually not true.

In the 2003-2004 season, Zach Randolph averaged 20.1 points and 10.5 rebounds, and the
Portland Trailblazers finished with a 41-41 record(.500).

Zach Randolph has also played for .500 plus teams, in 3 of his 7 years in the NBA.

Paul1355

All Star
That statement is actually not true.

In the 2003-2004 season, Zach Randolph averaged 20.1 points and 10.5 rebounds, and the
Portland Trailblazers finished with a 41-41 record(.500).

Zach Randolph has also played for .500 plus teams, in 3 of his 7 years in the NBA.

:smokin:u burned him

jpz17

Starter
2356i_m_back.jpg

Yes, I'm BACK! I talked with Rady, and I think it was all a misunderstanding.
and my realistic 8 man rotation has STEPH AS OUR PG!

Curry at C (worried)
Lee at PF
Q
Jamal
STEPH

6th
Zach, him and Curry don't belong together
7th
Chandler
8th
Gallinari
9th
Nate

Look, we aren't a team that has a "good top 6" we are a team that has a average or below average 15......

D'Antoni is such a good coach, he will learn to coach this way

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
lol....i think hes gone for good. If he was to comeback it would be once the season starts. I cant believe any dude could be that sensitive..his feelings really got hurt :lol:

When did he leave, wasnt it back in May?

Toons

is the Bo$$
ok, from training camp, our opening night lineup will be

steph
craw
chandler
lee
randolph

nate
jefferies
gallo

LJ4ptplay

Starter
ok, from training camp, our opening night lineup will be

steph
craw
chandler
lee
randolph

nate
jefferies
gallo

You forgot Duhon and Q Rich. And Jeffries and Gallo are injured.

Starters:
Duhon
Crawford
Q Rich
Lee
Randolph

Bench:
Marbury
Nate
Chandler