Your Realistic 8 man rotation

portega1968

El Cacique
Wasn't this thread the "realistic" 8-man rotation?

To me that means not the rotation you wish we had, but the one you think D'Antoni will go with...

In other words, are we ignoring the fact that D'Antoni is going with Duhon at PG?

Duhon is not even close to Stephon when it comes to talent, but it's almost obvious that he will be the starter regardless of what Steph says.

Any of these rotations that you guys make up without Duhon is just wishful thinking.

I don't like it, but I've accepted the fact that coach is going with Duhon to start games.

Then, given the probability that it'll be Duhon, Crawford and Q-Rich in the starting five, the question is who'll be the first guard off the bench... Nate or Marbury?

From what I've read, D'Antoni may be going with nine or even 10 guys... not eight.

So... if we take Duhon, Crawford, Nate and Steph.. that's four

Q-Rich and D-Lee are guaranteed in the rotation. That's six.

Randolph and Curry (hard to bench this slob even if he can't do 100 meters in 30 seconds). That's eight.

Chandler and Jeffries. That will be 10.

Coach liked Mardy Collins (or maybe they're trying to sell him to other teams).

Roberson, Houston, Rose, Gallo.... I think they won't see many minutes.

Jeffries out will force us to use Jerome James in the meantime.

Pat Jr. is probably headed to the D-League, with Roberson probably gone by Halloween.

Toons

is the Bo$$
it is realistic because duhon at point is not concrete. Plz provide sources that he will use a 9 or 10 man ro.

He will determine his core eight or nine players after a few weeks when "everybody will be in shape and we'll be able to assess a little bit better.''

nba.com

Toons

is the Bo$$
if gallo and jeff are out

marbs
craw
chandler
lee
randolph

nate
duhon
qrich

the runners!

portega1968

El Cacique
if gallo and jeff are out

marbs
craw
chandler
lee
randolph

nate
duhon
qrich

the runners!

I can't locate the source where I read about a possible 10... it was probably a forum and not a news article, I honestly don't recall. Anyways, I know that's probably not hapenning because D'Antoni prefers maximizing minutes for 9men.

But I do have comments on your post:

For whatever it's worth, this is Marc Berman today: "All indications during Camp Saratoga was D'Antoni desperately wants his new pickup, Chris Duhon, to start at point guard and envisions Marbury as sixth man, playing more wing."

DAntoni's first unit in camp was Duhon, Crawford, QRich, Lee and Jeffries. Does that mean it's the final starting 5? Of course not, but IMO they have a better chance than anybody to make the starting 5, excluding Jeffries

Barring injuries, Chandler is not starting over Q-Rich.

I know Coach don't mind going small, but that lineup you put up only has two guys over 6'10".

In sum, I think you're almost right but need to consider Jeffries, Curry and even Collins in that mix.

My final thought... it'll be Duhon, JC, Q, Lee and Randolph, with Steph, Nate, Jeffries and Curry rounding out the nine.

Any forward down will bring along Chandler, while Mardy may come in as a replacement guard. With Curry down, we may even see Jerome James in there.

CoolClyde

N8 in the 9

D'ant 9
Lee (C/PF)
Randolph (PF) /
Curry (PF/C)
Qrich (SF/SG) / Chandler (SF/SG)
Crawfish (SG) / N8 (SG/PG)
Duhon (PG) / Starboy (PG/SG)

Gallo - tbd
Jeffries - tbd

Houston - 3SF
Collins - 3PG
Rose - 3C/PF
James - 3C
Ewing - DLeague
Grunfeld - gone
Roberson - gone
Jones? wha' happen? gone

Kiyaman

Legend
At the start of the season the rotation will consist of 9 to 11 players, especially with the slow start. If the losses come twice the amounts of wins then the rotation of players may change at a consistent rate.

I will take a Fat Lazy Curry over a 20/10 Zach Randolph any day of the week with this Knick roster.

The Knicks best offensive weapon the first 3 quarters of the game is coach Larry Brown's low post move to Eddy Curry. Curry is not a 4th Qtr. player or a crunchtime player untill he add some defense in his talent. However.....
If Q.Rich and Chandler are hitting from the peremeter than you want the double team on Curry downlow, with a forever moving PF-David Lee crashing the boards, with some slashing to the hoop guards in Marbury, Nate, Duhorn, and Collins. Which is good for a decent 33 to 39 win season.

As for Dantoni coaching style with the Knicks look foward to his coaching at Denver (14-36) rather than the Phoenix Suns five leadership players "Amare, Marion, Jim Jackson, Joe Johnson, and Nash", whomed formed their own style of play from being career players in the Western Conference.
Coach Dantoni had very little effect on how these players were going to perform together their first season together.

P.S. Think coach Don Nelson with "Nash, Finley, Walker, Jamison, and Dirk". Compare both the highlighted players by their position under Don Nelson uptempo & Halfcourt coaching style.....and you get the Phoenix Suns 2004-5 season.

Paul1355

All Star
At the start of the season the rotation will consist of 9 to 11 players, especially with the slow start. If the losses come twice the amounts of wins then the rotation of players may change at a consistent rate.

I will take a Fat Lazy Curry over a 20/10 Zach Randolph any day of the week with this Knick roster.

The Knicks best offensive weapon the first 3 quarters of the game is coach Larry Brown's low post move to Eddy Curry. Curry is not a 4th Qtr. player or a crunchtime player untill he add some defense in his talent. However.....
If Q.Rich and Chandler are hitting from the peremeter than you want the double team on Curry downlow, with a forever moving PF-David Lee crashing the boards, with some slashing to the hoop guards in Marbury, Nate, Duhorn, and Collins. Which is good for a decent 33 to 39 win season.

As for Dantoni coaching style with the Knicks look foward to his coaching at Denver (14-36) rather than the Phoenix Suns five leadership players "Amare, Marion, Jim Jackson, Joe Johnson, and Nash", whomed formed their own style of play from being career players in the Western Conference.
Coach Dantoni had very little effect on how these players were going to perform together their first season together.

P.S. Think coach Don Nelson with "Nash, Finley, Walker, Jamison, and Dirk". Compare both the highlighted players by their position under Don Nelson uptempo & Halfcourt coaching style.....and you get the Phoenix Suns 2004-5 season.

WHY???? Larry Brown isn't coaching this team. This is a different style and a different and fatter Eddy Curry. Zach Randolph is a better scorer and rebounder as a center and he is at least practicing with the team. Curry has not right over Zach at this point.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Start of Season

Duhon - PG
Crawford - SG
Randolph - PF
QRich - SF
Lee C

Robinson - Backup PG
Marbury - Backup SG
Chandler - Backup SF
Curry - Backup C

After a few weeks

Duhon - PG
Crawford - SG
Randolph - PF
Chandler - SF (limited time at PF)
Lee C

Robinson - Backup PG
Marbury - Backup SG
Q Rich - Backup SF
Curry - Backup C
Gallo - Floating between SF, SG, and occasionally PF
Jeffries - Floating between C, PF and SF

portega1968

El Cacique
jum, I see we have a fight for the 3spot...

IMO, Chandler has nice potential, but for now, Coach will go with Q at that spot.

Starting 5 -

Nate
Q-Rich
Chandler
Z-Bo
Lee

off the bench -

Duhon (Nate is better.)
Crawford (wish it were Gallo (still hurt) or Houston, but I think Allen's going to end up coaching or doing PR stuff?)
Jeffries (very versatile)
Curry or Rose? (need size)
Gallo (find anytime on the court he can)

The rest of the roster should be dropped! I like Pat Jr, but there's no spot on the team for him. I wish Jerome James,Starbury,Curry and Crawford could all be moved!/Baught-out! anything I just wish they weren't here anymore. Grunfield,Collins and Roberson are gonner's as well

Last edited:

Dirk

Benchwarmer
In realstic roataionm of Dirk center is not edy cury is not good enopugh instead james dolen gonna give 60 milions cotarct to Stephen hawkings play centr as he is beter than fat edy cury

news-graphics-2007-_441537a.jpg

hawking in sleep of him wil put up tripel of the numbers of fat face basstard edy cury

Hawkins - 30 point 14 rebound evrry game
Cury - 2 poiunt, 1 rebound that hit fat head of him he did not even mean to make jus fat head of him get in way, 14 turnovr each game

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Duhon
Crawford
Chandler
Randolph
Lee

Robinson
Gallinari
Curry

Marbury

this looks like a 35 win team tops loll...IF we make the playoffs it'll be a ****in miracle