Sixers @ Knicks

NYK Man8

Benchwarmer
NBA.com Preview
Allen Iverson and Glenn Robinson will return to the lineup for the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday at Madison Square Garden against the New York Knicks, who are trying to avoid their longest losing streak of the season.

Iverson has missed the last four games with a bruised right shoulder and Robinson has been sidelined the last two contests due to a strained right elbow. The top two scorers on the 76ers, Iverson and Robinson combine to average 44.5 points per game.

Iverson was fined on Monday for failing to tell coach Chris Ford he would miss Sunday's game, but Philadelphia overcame the absence of its two stars and posted an 81-74 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Aaron McKie scored 18 points and Eric Snow added 13, including a clutch jumper with 20 seconds remaining, as the 76ers won for just the second time in seven games since the All-Star break.

The Knicks lost eight of their last nine games, including six in a row, tying their longest losing streak of the season. They completed a four-game road trip with a 107-96 loss at Denver on Sunday.

Kurt Thomas had 18 points and 11 rebounds for New York, which had five players in double figures. Allan Houston scored 13 points after missing 11 games with a knee injury.

The Knicks posted a 99-88 victory over the 76ers in the first meeting between the teams here on November 22 and have won 24 of their last 30 home games against Philadelphia.

any predictions...?
i hope we end this streak right now, with a nice win
101-92

jayp

Benchwarmer
were up 80-67 in the 4th :) steph is bringing it with 32pts 6reb 10assts.. nazr has 12pts 14reb.. TT has 16pts 9 rebs.. h20 aint doin much but were still looking good :hump:

jayp

Benchwarmer
we won!! 88-77.. steph ends up with 36pts 6reb 10 asst.. TT 16pts 12reb.. nazr 12pts 15reb.. AI shot poorly, only 2of21 from the field (maybe marbury stepped up the d?) houston also shot poorly(2of13).. we won this game because of good D and crashing the boards.. we should always focus on those things from now on..

e_D

Benchwarmer
real good game from what I saw. better defensive intensity. very good rebounding, i'm surprised about TT having 12.. and impressed wit Nazr.. and glad Steph found the touch.. of course I would have been much more impressed if this win were against a western conference team.. but a W's a W, i'll take it.

BryantDunkGiant

Benchwarmer
I saw the highlights and that was probably the poorest shooting performance I've ever seen by a player for AI. 2/21? ESPN said it was the worst shooting performance for 20 shots since some guy back in 1979.

ESPN said AI bumped knees with Starbury... but that's no excuse.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
a very poor prestation from AI. who else's with me when i say he's overrated?
i mean, how can a player like iverson miss 18 shots in a row? he just probably didn't had a good day, or is he done? Without him the sixers managed to beat the spurs and the timberwolves!

anyway, i'm so glad this streak is over and we're back at 6th :)

CHECK THE RECAP

jayp

Benchwarmer
he was coming from a shoulder injury which affected his shooting.. AI should have known better than to force shots.. he should have set up other people when he was shooting poorly. . look at the lakers-rockets game, kobe wasnt shooting well so he focused on passing the ball which led to 13 assts, the last shot he made was a crucial one with yao guarding him ( he swished it. ).. anyways, GO KNICKS!

Swifftey

Benchwarmer
maybe he should have taken houston's example and rest off for a few games, sixers were playing well without him. but it doesn't matter now, we won!!