the knicks franchise player

johnk812

Rookie
looking back at this... we had Chandler, Gallo, and Lee.

Had the Knicks stayed the course, built around those three and maybe landed a Center or signed DWill when he was a FA...

Would that have been SO bad??

CA7

Scoring Champ
looking back at this... we had Chandler, Gallo, and Lee.

Had the Knicks stayed the course, built around those three and maybe landed a Center or signed DWill when he was a FA...

Would that have been SO bad??

yup because none of those guys are legit franchise players

I'd welcome Lee back right now however

Kiyaman

Legend
Patrick Ewing was our last decent Franchise-Player, Ewing was equal to the Spurs David Robinson, back then.
Although, David Robinson took Tim Duncan under his wing to produce a 4 Championship ring Franchise Player.
Patrick Ewing could have done the same with Marcus Camby, but the combination of ego-selfishness with a patsy headcoach JVG, lead Ewing in the wrong direction when Ewing demanded to be traded after one season with teammate Marcus Camby. Such foolishness would have never happen under HC Pat Riley, or HC Red Holzman.
Patrick Ewing did have a reason for being upset after losing both his teammates friends "Oakley & Starks" to trades in the offseason for players that were much more athletic and talented then them (in Camby & Sprewell).
HC Riley or Holzman would have told Ewing, "To get over it, we are playing for a Championship Ring".

To this day, I wonder how the 1999 FINALS would have turned out if Ewing would have participated?
The Knicks beat the #1 Team (Miami Heat Pat Riley & Mourning) that everyone believe throughout the regular season was going to win the 1999 NBA championship.
I lost all my confidence and praise for HC JVG in 1999, for all his foolish coaching to please our Franchise-Player Patrick Ewing Ego throughout the 1999 season (Mike Woodson and Franchise-Player ISO-Melo Ego)...