Crawford previews each Knick Player

Starks

Starter
Jamal is a pretty good blogger. If you haven't seen his latest, JC gives his thoughts on each Knick player. It me kind of revealing to hear that a few players weren't even mentioned by him. Maybe the roster is set now?

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/crawford/

It feels good to be here in NY with the guys again. We've been working out real hard and getting up and down the court. Some guys are looking really good and in shape. We?re all still getting use to the new style of play but it will be fun and exciting for you guys to watch....

Just doing some of the things that we work on in drills, it will be tough to stop us once we start playing because the floor is so spaced and there so many different options....

So let me give you guys an update on what I?ve seen so far out of the guys who have been involved in the workouts:

Wilson Chandler: Wilson has gotten a lot better from last year! His range has improved -- his ball handling and his athleticism was always there?I think he's just more confident then anything now and it's showing. I think he'll have a really good year for us!

Danilo Gallinari: ?Gallo? is still banged up a little bit,..so he's just been shooting and riding the bike...but this kid is very VERY confident!! He listens, works hard and wants to get better. Some of you guys may have booed him when we drafted him, but he is going to be a big time player for us one day!

Allan Houston: He?s back and looks a lot healthier than he did in his last comeback attempt last season...I think he may have rushed that one a little bit, but he looks a lot better this time! AND of course we all know his jumper is razor sharp!!!!!!! I can learn a lot watching him.

David Lee: We all know David's game by now - all out hustle, rebounds. The thing that will surprise you most is his jumper! He shooting it with so much confidence, I mean even three pointers! He shot one and I said to myself, "No way." And it went straight in.

Chris Duhon: Very solid, very unselfish. Can run a team. Makes good decisions, I'm going to like playing with him!

Nate Robinson: Still a blur. Shooting great and should be a great fit in this system, a la Barbosa! His athleticism still amazes me...
Working on his jumper
Pat Ewing Jr: Very athletic. but has been shooting it pretty good. Can block shots, something we really need!

Jared Jeffries: Jared really knows how to play, He's a smart player. He does all the little things to help teams win. I think he'll go back to the Jared he was in Washington.

Q Rich: He?s really stepping up as one of the leaders. Seems rejuvenated. Working on his handle, He'll play like he did in Phoenix.

Mardy: Lost some weight, so he's moving better. Very smart, really good defender!

Anthony Roberson: Has been a lil banged up, but when he shoots he rarely misses! One of the best shooters on the team. He plays like Eddie House but with a better handle!

Eddy Curry: It will be a transition for him at first because he's used to posting up. But he'll be on the perimeter a lil bit more....he'll get better adapted to the system the more he does it...but we need him...

Zach Randolph: Zach loves to play and he's been scoring and rebounding, doing his thing. Him and Eddy have had some nice match-ups. They look better on opposite teams?(hahahah, just playing! I knew that would get a rise outta you guys!) I don't know what's gonna happen with all the trade talk and everything, but its good to see that, either way, he's not letting it affect him.

Danny Grunfeld: Ernie?s son. To be respectfully honest, he doesn't look like he can really play -- until you give him some space and he's hitting a jumper on you! But it's the quiet ones that get you...

Me: This will be very fun for me, This system is so wide open, so spaced! First day, I was aggressive offensively and making things happen. The next day I shot only three times in eight games, just to work on something different that day. I didn't play today, just rode the bike and did core. My back is a little sore (nothing serious!). I?ll be back on the court tomorrow.

GetRealistic

Starter
Its because Marbury isn't at the voluntary team workouts. It was in Newsday yesterday that Marbury was one of the few who was a no show. Hes probably off running in the mountains or something i wouldn't worry about it.

Its kinda funny that Marbury was brought in to team with Houston, and now if the Houston comeback is for real it will most deffinately spell the end of the Marbury era in New York.

Houston will get one hell of an ovation on Opening night if he does make the team.

Last edited:

Toons

is the Bo$$
hate him if u want, im lovin this inside view of the knicks....it seems like they are gonna be running a lot

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
It makes no sense to cut marbury no matter how you look at it. Crawford lost, and hes not a good writer. The only thing hes good at is suckin up and gettin sympathy from his stans.

We could make plenty of room on this team, we have a couple of players who are completely useless and arent even really basketball players. We should cut jared jeffries, jerome james, and malik rose.

Starks

Starter
Qrich sounds pumped up, but its just a matter of time before his back gets blown out.

I'm really pulling for Allan to make the team. This season is already lost, it wouldn't hurt us to give a Knick hero a proper swan season. Plus the fact that he is the best shooter at training camp helps. Mike D would get the most out of him.

I also want to see Ewing Jr make it. He blocks shots and defense is worth more than scoring to me.

I think Jamal should have at least mentioned Marbs. Too big of a name to leave out. It's like he was doing it on purpose.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I'm pissed that Jamal said nothing about one of the greatest players in Knick history.....JEROME JAMES

Jerome is a perfect fit for Dantoni's system, and I know is back to playing shape and is ready to contribute from day one!

Ok, I'm done joking!

Really what troubles me is him describing Danilo as still being "a bit banged up"! Honestly that was back in July he got hurt in one single game how can he still be hurting that bad? Hopefully it is just a precausion. But, come Training Camp I dont want to hear nothing about him not banging with the rest of the team!

Nice to hear that Hou is really making a run at it! I swear if he makes the team then I am making opening night at the Garden!

GetRealistic

Starter
My question to you MSG is, why isn't Marbury at these voluntary get togethers? Wouldn't you say this is a great time to build team chemistry? I mean Grunwald is even there and he has absolutely no shot at making the team. Makes not sense to me, you'd figure a guy who claims to have changed would make a point of being there.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Same here!

Even if Allan isn't the same Hou we all know and love. He would be a great asset to the club in terms of leadership, expertise, and overall confidence to all the other teammates.

Not to mention, he's always a fan favorite.

If Hou ends up on another squad's roster, I'm going to cringe.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
My question to you MSG is, why isn't Marbury at these voluntary get togethers? Wouldn't you say this is a great time to build team chemistry? I mean Grunwald is even there and he has absolutely no shot at making the team. Makes not sense to me, you'd figure a guy who claims to have changed would make a point of being there.

True. At least Crawford and the other players are trying to get a head start in understanding D'Antoni's system. But, I guess it's Marbury being Marbury. When has he ever been about TEAM? Hell, even Zach is there, and he is the one most likely to not be on the team next year. You would think the starting PG in a new system that is heavily reliant on the PG, would make an effort to be with the team and learn the system together.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Or maybe Marbury got the heads up from the hierarchy.

I mean it's pretty much like this:

A) He's a definite to be on the roster

B) He's getting cut.

There's no reason to allow him in the practice facility if the Knicks are already planning to cut him.

I don't think Marbury will be on the team this year.

I like Marbury and all but I'll take winning games over any individual player.

GetRealistic

Starter
Or maybe Marbury got the heads up from the hierarchy.

I mean it's pretty much like this:

A) He's a definite to be on the roster

B) He's getting cut.

There's no reason to allow him in the practice facility if the Knicks are already planning to cut him.

I don't think Marbury will be on the team this year. Marbury on the Heat for opening night at the garden would deffinately be a fun night. I may even have to make a trip for that one.

I like Marbury and all but I'll take winning games over any individual player.

Good point. Marbury on the Heat for opening night would deffinately be entertaining.

Starks

Starter
At the very least, i just hope we can finally close the book on Jerome James. For the love of God, please call it a career

Trin_Starr

Starter
I wouldn't put any stock into that...it's been the same claim for the past few months...

Donnie would be a fool to do this. Miami, Boston, GS, and washington are EXTREMELY high on scooping up marbury for a vet's minimum if he is waived...
The dude is focused and ready to play this season. Another article mentioned that while has not scrimmaged with those players, he has been working religiously at the knicks practice facility on his own.

New York Knicks
Do not put as much stock into Chris Duhon as new Knicks general manager Donnie Walsh did this summer. New coach Mike D?Antoni tends to play the best shooters on his roster, and Duhon certainly is not that. For his career, the Duke product is a pedestrian 38.7 percent field goal shooter. Despite all the Stephon Marbury out of New York rumors, do not be surprised to see the much-maligned Starbury have one of his best seasons in a Knicks uniform. Aside from his obvious advantages on offense over Duhon, Marbury will be playing for a contract this season. If there?s anything positive you can count on Marbury for, it should be individual production in the face of free agency.

http://www.rototimes.com/article/2008/9/Eastern-Conference-Breakdown-1

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Definitely a lot to be excited about this season.

Whats with the name?
Qrich sounds pumped up, but its just a matter of time before his back gets blown out.

I'm really pulling for Allan to make the team. This season is already lost, it wouldn't hurt us to give a Knick hero a proper swan season. Plus the fact that he is the best shooter at training camp helps. Mike D would get the most out of him.

I also want to see Ewing Jr make it. He blocks shots and defense is worth more than scoring to me.

I think Jamal should have at least mentioned Marbs. Too big of a name to leave out. It's like he was doing it on purpose.

:lol: :lol:

jamal is still on his fathers side, so hes not cool with starbury

Close sources has told me hes been running in the mountains, lifting weights, and training with the marines.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...ngnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=414&line=99935&spln=1

UPDATE.

Looks like the Stephon Era Knicks period is coming to an end. No wonder Jamal didn't mention him.

Wire Reports are saying that he is going to be waived

My sources have also told me that donnie and mike D are now very high on marbury, and preparing to offer him a very large contract extension.

why cant every one just realize marbury is on the decline. I dont get it, he has been injury prone for the last season and a half. His attitude is horrible, his weaknesses have been exploited based on the fact he cant run up and down for 40 minutes a game like he used to. He pushed himself extremely hard 2 seasons ago when the knicks lost Q rich Jamal and Lee down the stretch and that seemed like it took everything out of his knees. Marbury is done, he has become a role player making kobe bryant money, thats what no one seems to realize, from a business mans perspective ala donnie walsh, he is a college graduate still living at home and having his father pay for all of his bills. Yeah he used to be this young kid who had all the potential to pay out, but for god sakes its been half a decade now and he hasnt done a damn thing to prove he is a winner in new york. or any where. His career is dwindling, and the knicks are blossoming, it is time to move on. and any one who believes the knicks are terrible and have no talent have no idea how much a lack of chemistry and team unity , and off the court drama in the NBA effect a teams chance to win basketball games.

now I Agree the east is better, but I dont care if we win 35 games next year and watch the team come together, as long as its not with a man who doesnt deserve to don john starks number on the roster.