And now a few words from our Current PG

New New York

Quiet Storm
Ok I'm watching the interveiw as I post

And it looks like Boston will be the Team he goes to if we let him go.

HELL NO Do we buy him out to go to Boston!

Whoa he called out whoever went to the paper about him this summer!

Wow he is talking about the Mik'd up interview....wow he just got Bruce Becks name wrong! Whoa they were smoking together in the makeup room!

Steph still loves NY!

Steph feels Donnie is giving him another chance, and he is going to utilize it!

Steph says he has always been a good Teamate!

Ok good interview! Hey give him a chance Donnie and Mike either way it will cost us 20 million

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Marbury is the greatest, best interview EVER!!!!! Hes gonna dominate. And fukk what ya heard about his ego, he said hes got no problem backin up rondo in boston.

Was a good one. I hope they give him a chance to play. But if they don't he appears to be ready to ball wherever which is good.

I think he is going to make Duhon look so bad in camp.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
just because he can see talent doesn't mean you need to trash talk him

i kno marbury talented, who doesnt kno that shyt, marbury is one of the most talented players in da league but is he the greatest???is that really the best interview??anything steph does it the greatest thing to MSG

Allen

Benchwarmer
Please...enough with this clown already. This is the same nonsense he has been spewing for the last 4 years and when the time came he has produced nothing.

Every off-season for the last 4 years he been saying he is in great shape and posters here have been saying this year or last or the year before that he's going to prove everyone wrong. The only thing Marbury has proven is that he is a detriment to a team's chemistry and stability and harmony.

Marbury has all the talent in the world to be a great player but he always has his head up his ass and he isn't going to change. If he won't change for lenny Wilkens, larry brown and his former best friend and mentor Isiah, he won't change for Dantoni.

Paul1355

All Star
Good interview....I'm starting to like Marbury more because of these recent interviews. His attitude is different, it's obvious, he wants to come out and try his best. He is not pressured by a bad coach and feels like he has been given a second chance. Very good interview.

Hope Marbury has a break out year.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
this is a real good interview, he really wants to play for the knicks i hope they keep him, hes in great shape i think he will perform at a high level again, all star caliber type

Blas

Benchwarmer
I honestly could care less about what he says anymore. All I care about is what he does on this court and what he does for this team.

ACTION.

His words mean crap.

GetRealistic

Starter
wonder if msg will support steph if he goes to boston

Not a chance, especially not if he was with Boston. But no matter where he goes when he comes back to the Garden he'll get booed horribly. We've been booing him for the last few years and hes been a Knick.

The majority of this site is Marbury supporters, but the majority of Knicks fans and ticket buyers (over the age of 20) are anti Marbury.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
It's funny that Marbury says he's "earned his money" and won't accept a dime less than the $21.9 mil in his contract. Sounds like the same old Marbury to me. Nothing is ever his fault, it's always somebody elses. What dream world is this guy living in? He thinks he's earned his money!! LOL What a joke!

Allen, you had it right. He's said this crap every year. "He's a changed man"... "he's been working real hard"...etc, etc. How gullible are you people? 4 years in a row of him saying the same thing and never changing. But that's how Marbury lovers are. They're just like him. Nothing is his fault and it's always somebody elses.

I'll believe it when I see it. If he changes, then I'll support him. But until then, he has to prove his worth to me.

Last edited:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Marbury

Marbury has certainly slimmed down and appears to be in great shape. No one can reasonably deny his physical abilities. On pure individual talent he is several levels above Duhon. However, at best, he is with the Knicks for one year. Resigning him to a new contract at the amount and duration he would likely demand would greatly inhibit the opportunity for 2010 cap space. He is not part of the rebuilding process.

If there is a problem having him this year, the problem is the extent to which his fellow players can live with him. We all hear stories, but none of us knows what really goes on in the locker room. If he can make peace with his team mates, then I am all for keeping him. Perhaps his good play will produce value at the trading deadline.

However, though the Knicks have to pay him, they don't have to play him. As i have noted before, Dolan can play haard ball and things could get ugly. Perhaps the best for all involved is a reasonable buy out. Marbury should be able to make up any difference in the discount with his new team. That team would not have to sign him at the veteran's minimum.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Marbury has certainly slimmed down and appears to be in great shape. No one can reasonably deny his physical abilities. On pure individual talent he is several levels above Duhon. However, at best, he is with the Knicks for one year. Resigning him to a new contract at the amount and duration he would likely demand would greatly inhibit the opportunity for 2010 cap space. He is not part of the rebuilding process.

If there is a problem having him this year, the problem is the extent to which his fellow players can live with him. We all hear stories, but none of us knows what really goes on in the locker room. If he can make peace with his team mates, then I am all for keeping him. Perhaps his good play will produce value at the trading deadline.

However, though the Knicks have to pay him, they don't have to play him. As i have noted before, Dolan can play haard ball and things could get ugly. Perhaps the best for all involved is a reasonable buy out. Marbury should be able to make up any difference in the discount with his new team. That team would not have to sign him at the veteran's minimum.

Good point Oldtimer. You're definitely the most objective poster on this site.