Duhon starting over Steph....really?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Ok the last thing I wanted to do when starting the Thread was to ignite yet another Marbuary war! Really what should I have expected?

Really what I wanted to do was know if I was underestimating Duhon's game. Is he really worthy of a starting spot when he wasnt really granted that with his previous team? From what I hear he is a solid defender and a good ball distributor with a pretty decent shot, but again he was only a backup in Chicago, how much are really to expect from him? I mean Orlando was the only other team pursuing him during Free Agency and they were looking for him as a backup. Now I have to say that Mike Dantoni is the type of coach who believes in starting the best five players regardless. so if he is our starting PG over Steph then maybe Mike D does really see something more in him than in Steph. Plus, even though no one is expecting us to win much this season, Mike will be heavily critized if his starting five doesnt consist of the best five players at each position.

Back to Duhon, he averaged 8.7 and 5 ast. his second season in the league but his numbers have dipped every year season since. And he has never shot better than .407 from the floor, and for a solid defender he has only average a steal per game once in his career. now his assist to TO ratio is 4 to 1 which helps a team that was one of the worst in that category. I know Statistics don't tell the whole story with the majority of the players in the NBA so likely that is the case with Duhon, but, to consider him already having beat out Marbuary for the spot is a little far fetched....in my opinion.

I dont really like Duhoe but hes a solid backup, might be a good starter. Im not sure, but I got a couple friends who are Bulls fans and they speak highly of him. As your stats show, hes not the best shooter/offensive player but hes capable of giving a team 20-25 solid and efficient minutes off the bench while playing some good defense.

A focused Marbury sh!ts all over Duhorn, and its evident that Marbury is focused. Hes in great shape physically and mentally. I know some people were whining about some of his comments he made but I think hes just messing with the media. What counts is that were winning games. People are stupid to b!tch about him at this point. We've paid him alotta money. Lets make him earn some of it, hes done the right thing so far by getting into great shape. I believe that we could sneak into the playoffs with him. Without him, we would be a 25-30 win team.

In 2006-07 his injury late in the season might be what kept us out of the playoffs. Last year, Marbury missing most of the season led to us winning only 23 games. Posters like Getreal and Toons need to stop getting emotional about him still being on the team and just accept it. Theres been too much Marbury debate on here and its no fair to other players on the team. There should be more talk about Zach Randolph, Wilson Chandler, Gallinari's injury, Currys most recent failure, and how players like Crawford, Q-rich and Nate robinson will fit into this team. Im trying to make a point that theres alot to talk about besides Marbury. Everything that can be said about him has been said....lets wait for the season now and then the Marbury wars can continue. I made my thread about the marbury hate being disgusting and I was being real when i made that. Every thread he gets brought up and people hate him like crazy. Most of the time its not the Starbarians bringin him up. Why would anyone want a player gone who has so much swag?

2cxf78i.jpg

*edit*

If anyone with photoshop can make that better i would appreciate it, Heres a blank one

2ho9vgk.jpg

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
SMH, no way does Chris Duhon deserve to start. I would've understood if D'Antoni wanted to start Nate Robinson(even though Marbury clearly deserves to start) because Nate Robinson is popular with the fans. But Duhon just sucks. I heard that D'Antoni also wants to bench Eddy Curry. I think that's a good move, but he also needs to start Starbury.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Just look at the video of day 4 of training camp.
Steph is gunning and setting up Z-bo like crazy...I say he's gonna average ~10 asts this season
At the 3:32 point mark - check out that half court pass from Steph to Z-bo (i think) between 2 players...
Steph is ready - no way Duhon starts!

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
-sigh-

The Knicks will be good in my dreams.

All hope is lost.

If we kept Steph here, there wouldn't be this problem

Right now i'd trade Duhon for kwame freaking brown.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I knew Chris Duhon was a bum. I said that the minute the Knicks got him, but all the haterburys got emotional.