Jerome James compares himself to Shaq....I'm not kidding!

TunerAddict

Starter
He isn't saying he is Shaq, he is saying that they found a way to put Shaq, one of the biggest guys in the league into their system, so he thinks he could fit into the system as well. Jeez....You guys are just exaggerating his comment...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't like Jerome James, but I still like him more than Eddy Curry. If he feels confident, heading towards the regular season, maybe he'll play better than he did last year. Jerome James is a good defender, so I'd take him over Curry anyday. I think D'Antoni's starting lineup with Lee and Randolph is good. Now he just has to start Marbury, bench Richardson, and his lineup will be perfect.

New New York

Quiet Storm
He isn't saying he is Shaq, he is saying that they found a way to put Shaq, one of the biggest guys in the league into their system, so he thinks he could fit into the system as well. Jeez....You guys are just exaggerating his comment...

Go ask Shaq if he thinks that he and Jerome James should be mentioned in the same sentence! Jerome James does not have even half the skill of Shaq even at this point in Shaq's career. I like confident players, but, Jerome using Shaq's success as a example of how the system could work for him, is like Malike Rose saying he can play in the system because how well it worked for Amare Stoudimire!

TunerAddict

Starter
Go ask Shaq if he thinks that he and Jerome James should be mentioned in the same sentence! Jerome James does not have even half the skill of Shaq even at this point in Shaq's career. I like confident players, but, Jerome using Shaq's success as a example of how the system could work for him, is like Malike Rose saying he can play in the system because how well it worked for Amare Stoudimire!

Let me repeat this. He isn't comparing himself to Shaq ability wise. He said something along the lines of "If they could fit Shaq into it, then they should be able to fit me in." This isn't saying anything about his skill. Its a comment about playing style, and Shaq being one with a style contrasting to that of Phoenix's with his big, heavy frame and plotting nature. Jerome was saying that being that he is a plotter aswell, and quite a LARGE guy, if they could fit shaq into it, someone who is bigger than him, then they shouldn't have a problem getting him into the system.

Pretty simple really if you just listened to what was said.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Let me repeat this. He isn't comparing himself to Shaq ability wise. He said something along the lines of "If they could fit Shaq into it, then they should be able to fit me in." This isn't saying anything about his skill. Its a comment about playing style, and Shaq being one with a style contrasting to that of Phoenix's with his big, heavy frame and plotting nature. Jerome was saying that being that he is a plotter aswell, and quite a LARGE guy, if they could fit shaq into it, someone who is bigger than him, then they shouldn't have a problem getting him into the system.

Pretty simple really if you just listened to what was said.

The title of this thread is "Jerome James compares himself to Shaq".

Here is the definition of comparison-
  1. The act of comparing or the process of being compared.
  2. A statement or estimate of similarities and differences.
  3. The quality of being similar or equivalent; likeness: no comparison between the two books.
If Jerome James uses the phases "the way Shaq did" "like ShaQ", or "similar to Shaq" then by definition he is making a comparison to he and Shaq. Now even if he wasnt comparing himself to him skill wise, he still was making a comparison, not an exxageration just the facts! In no way are these two similar outside of being tall,300 lbs and them both being basketball players (and even that is a stretch!).

Now you said that Jerome was commenting on their similar playing styles? Please tell me how they are similar aside from bad free throw shooting. Not to mention he is not a player considered to even being a choice in cracking the rotation so regardless if a "big heavy framed player" worked before for Dantoni (by the way Jerome it really didnt work that well for The Suns) it doesnt matter because he isnt going to play as much as Shaq did, so Mike D isnt worried about adjusting the scheme for him!

Jerome maybe shouldve said Steven Hunter to make the comparison! That wouldve been a much more accurate comparison of "similar playing styles".

TunerAddict

Starter
The title of this thread is "Jerome James compares himself to Shaq".

Here is the definition of comparison-
  1. The act of comparing or the process of being compared.
  2. A statement or estimate of similarities and differences.
  3. The quality of being similar or equivalent; likeness: no comparison between the two books.
If Jerome James uses the phases "the way Shaq did" "like ShaQ", or "similar to Shaq" then by definition he is making a comparison to he and Shaq. Now even if he wasnt comparing himself to him skill wise, he still was making a comparison, not an exxageration just the facts! In no way are these two similar outside of being tall,300 lbs and them both being basketball players (and even that is a stretch!).

Now you said that Jerome was commenting on their similar playing styles? Please tell me how they are similar aside from bad free throw shooting. Not to mention he is not a player considered to even being a choice in cracking the rotation so regardless if a "big heavy framed player" worked before for Dantoni (by the way Jerome it really didnt work that well for The Suns) it doesnt matter because he isnt going to play as much as Shaq did, so Mike D isnt worried about adjusting the scheme for him!

Jerome maybe shouldve said Steven Hunter to make the comparison! That wouldve been a much more accurate comparison of "similar playing styles".

So you admit that you were exaggerating your original claims?

Dirk

Benchwarmer
jerom james and eddie cury should be taken out in time square and beat them until die with stick, why is basketball palyer this 2 clown? we hhould put edy cury and jeromes jame in blast moon rocket and send away in space to visit far away plnet like Jupiters hopefully they not come back turbo rocket is explode in space hustons we have porblem

TunerAddict

Starter
Not to sure what you mean?

Now please put me on to their similar playing styles!

He was commenting on being a big center, 7'1 and over 300 lbs. Being that he(Mike D) fit Shaq, someone who is bigger then him into a running offense, then he would also be able to be fit into it considering he isn't as big as Shaq.

Very simply.