Knicks vs Craptors preseason Game Thread

Kiyaman

Legend
I think the biggest and most important thing that happened last night was that David Lee showed he can hit a mid range jumpshot. If David Lee can consistantly hit a mid range jumpshot (like Kurt Thomas) he very well can become an allstar.

I'd give Duhon and even Marbury a pass on the turnovers. It was there first live game in this system. Neither player has ever played in an offense like this. I'll give Duhon till the end of preseason to truely grasp all the tiny aspects that make the system works. That being said if he turns the ball over 7 times a game in the regular season i'll be all over him. Side note Duhon did defend. Note to Marbury fans even if Duhon falls flat on his face D'Antoni will start Nate over Steph.

Nate played good. Only real bad thing to say about him is that he has to learn to fight through screens.

Zach hustled and did some good offensive things but his defense was as expected.

Chandler looked good but i have no problem with him coming off the bench for the early part of the season. Chandler is only 21 and he's going to get plenty of minutes so i have no problem with Q who by default is a team leader being in the starting lineup for the time being.

GetReal, you finally gave Lee sum Props!
just joking LOL. Now, about my idea of "Marbury & Nate" pushing the ball.... they did a great job on whoever Toronto put infront of them.

I notice coach Dantoni only played 3 players with everyone of his lineups.... PG-Duhorn, SG-Crawford, and Bigman Lee. and only one played well with each of the lineups (Lee)...

Duhorn 7 turnovers with each of the lineups dont bother me so much, what bothers me is Coach Dantoni having more confidence in Duhorn....than Duhorn have in himself.... is what bothers me.
It's the same as Isiah with Crawful.

I must admitt I like Dantoni first preseason coaching strategy with the 2 units. Starters vs Nate, Marbury, Chandler, and Malik.

I dont like the idea of 21 year old athletic Chandler being pushed to play PF when he has the skillz to be the third-guard in a 3-guard run n gun system, which was showed a few times with Marbury & Nate.

The Knicks dont have enough bigmen, and I dont consider Jefferies, Q.Rich, or Chandler as bigman in the regular season.
The Knicks could use Patrick Ewing sr. right now to put Curry in running game shape to start him playing during the middle of November.
This team need a bigman center in the middle for oposing teams to focus on whether it is low post scoring (alley-oops) or shotblocking.
We got a running PF-Lee and a Halfcourt PF-Zach.

moneyg

Starter
let me just remind everybody of something.

if every player on the knicks squad plays well... we'd would probably win every game in the regular season. there will be games that duhon plays well and nate doesnt. there will be game that marburry plays well and zach doesnt.....

heck.... as hard as it is to believe.... curry will play better than lee in some games this season.

it just the nature of the game. u cant expect everybody to average a double double... its just not possible. DEPTwill balance out the team.

:gony:

Knicks played great yesterday...Only thing we have to work on is not turning the ball over so much...Best player for me yesterday was David Lee...Always solid every game

Kiyaman

Legend
let me just remind everybody of something.

if every player on the knicks squad plays well... we'd would probably win every game in the regular season. there will be games that duhon plays well and nate doesnt. there will be game that marburry plays well and zach doesnt.....

heck.... as hard as it is to believe.... curry will play better than lee in some games this season.

it just the nature of the game. u cant expect everybody to average a double double... its just not possible. DEPTwill balance out the team.

:gony:

It's not about a individual player playing well its about how well a player plays alongside his teammates. The Knicks having 29 assists made the Knicks a fun team to watch, the 20 turnovers is something from lastseason that still need work on.
Players Marbury, Nate, Q.Rich, Chandler, Zake, Lee, and Malik Rose all played with well chemistry together against Toronto.

Now the Philly game on Friday will be different, their bench is good and deep and may win by 10 or more.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Lee and Randolph make a great one, two punch. The points, the rebounds, that part of the team is solid. How about Marbury. Man, you guys were right, Marbury is a great player, coming of the bench. We still need a healthy Gallinari and Chandler needs more minutes. Bench Richardson.

Paul1355

All Star
Impressive?

I watched only the first half and this is my analysis.

Randolph was impressive on the offense like usual but still lacked that defense even though he faced an all star in Chris Bosh. He was passing sloppy too. But Lee and Randolph make a good combo. Each can find each other easily in the paint with Lee's awareness and Zach's great offensive ability to score.

Crawford stunk and so did Duhon. Not good. We still have a somewhat weak back court. Marbury was good, he will start if Duhon doesn't get rolling. Chandler played good all around like we see every time he plays.

clumsy

Rotation player
Nate is good/great for what he is but his size prevents him from being a better play than Marbury. Marbury is the most complete player on this team. Duhon was awful. We could have not signed him and just started Mardy Collins....they are the same player.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
co-sign ^^

Both marbury and duhon had their moments in the first preseason game but overall I would say both were dissapointments because of their turnovers. They combined for 12 turnovers, which is over twice as many as i would have expected. But at the same time it was the first preseason camp, so who cares. If they both turn the ball over like the first game of the season i wont be saying who cares, but its preseason.

Nate played good but not as good as some say he did. He only shot 6 for 15 but he had NO turnovers, suprisingly. I would have expected him to have the most turnovers.

I thought marbury did a good job of playing within the system, he shot at the right times and he did a great job of getting to the free throw line. Lee was the most impressive with his 22 points, and showing that hes worked on his jumpshot over the summer.

WiL8000

Rotation player
When the Knicks signed Duhon, I wasn't thrilled. On the positive note his contract is a short one if it doesn't work out. I think Duhon is at best a solid backup point guard on most teams.

He is a better defender on the perimeter than our current PG's, but I agree Collins seemed to fit the same role fine for the most part. D'Antoni see's something in him, so hopefully it's something most of us have overlooked.

metrocard

Legend
Lee and Randolph make a great one, two punch. The points, the rebounds, that part of the team is solid. How about Marbury. Man, you guys were right, Marbury is a great player, coming of the bench. We still need a healthy Gallinari and Chandler needs more minutes. Bench Richardson.

Marbury is even better when he starts.

Duhon is the worst shooter on this team, remember I said this.
His defense isn't even as good as advertise.

Chandler and Lee need to play 40 minutes a game.