Knicks vs Craptors preseason Game Thread

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
New York Knicks vs Toronto Raptors
Tonight @ 7:00pm ET​

Welcome to the official MSG33 pregame show. Im your host the Gold Mac 10 and Ill be doing Knicks game threads through out the year. Its a brand new season after the knicks look to put last year.....actually, the last 4 or 5 years behind them. Isiah Thomas is no longer the head man in charge. Donnie Walsh is now the gm, and the new coach of the Knicks is Mike D'antoni. Mike won 50 or more games 4 years straight with the Phoenix Suns. But now he no longer has Amare Stoudamire and Steve Nash on his team.

All reports from the media indicate that Mike D'antoni and the knicks are confident about this season. Mike has spoken about how the talent on this roster has impressed him, specifically Nate Robinson and Jared Jeffries. Not so sure what impressive about Jeffries, but we cant forget about Danilo Gallinari, one of the newest and most notable offseason acquisitions. Also referred to as the Big Cock, Gallinari is known for having a good basketball iq, alot of heart, being able to drive the ball, shoot well, pass, and leadership. I believe he is playing tonight, but i do not know as a fact. Either way, I look forward to watching the Big Cock grow and develop as a player.

knicks.gif

2008-09 New York Knicks

• [*]#34 Eddy Curry
    [*]#13 Jerome James
    [*]#20 Jared Jeffries
    [*]#42 David Lee
    [*]#50 Zach Randolph
    [*]#31 Malik Rose
    [*]#21 Wilson Chandler
    [*]#6 Patrick Ewing Jr.
    [*]#8 Danilo Gallinari
    [*]#23 Quentin Richardson
    [*]#5 Anthony Roberson
    [*]#25 Mardy Collins
    [*]#1 Chris Duhon
    [*]#3 Stephon Marbury
    [*]#4 Nate Robinson
    [*]#11 Jamal Crawford
    [*]#14 Allan Houston
    [*]#?? Dan Grunfeld :td:

Dan Grunfeld gets a thumbdown, kick that maggot off the team. Roberson too, we dont need him. While their at it, how about Jared jeffries, malik rose, and eddy curry. These guys are all useless. Jerome James >> Curry

Expected Starters for Tonights Game

At Point guard, Chris Duhon :td:
At Shooting guard, Jamal Crawford
At Small Forward, Quentin Richardson
At Power Forward, Zach Randolph
At Center, David Lee

No one cares about the Craptors, all there is to know about them is that they have chris bosh, jose calderon, and they traded TJ ford for Jermaine O'neal. They have some other good role players too.

Throwback Classic Joint of the Day:

Artist:Ghostface Killah
Song Name:Save Me Dear

*I will not have as much time to make the game threads this year. Anyone whos interested in being my partner (no homo) can contact me by responding in this thread or private messaging me.

Akamu

The King
Keep up that work MSG, I would help but I'm real busy with other things, but I contribute in other ways towards this site/forum. Someone give MSG a hand with this!

Let's see how it goes tonight-

portega1968

El Cacique
yes, finally, game threads...

Anyone know if this game is on NBATV 2night? Or on the web?

Was watching the lakers vs jazz last night... reminded me of Frye over Bynum.

Toronto is tougher upfront with Bosh and O'Neal.. both should be a challenge for Lee and Randolph. Likewise, Calderon will test our guards. On the otehr hand, it would've been nice to see El Gallo against Andrea a la Roman Gladiators.

I'm eager to see how Duhon, JC and Stephon run together.

Last edited:

portega1968

El Cacique
found this non-Knick perspective on things

Title: Circus in Town
Article in today's Toronto Sun
by Ryan Wolstat

Just as New York is the city that never sleeps, the Knicks are the team that is never without controversy.

The Knicks, in town tonight as the Raptors make their home exhibition debut, just went through a typically tumultuous off-season.

Isiah Thomas finally was forced out after years of bungling, but longtime Pacers executive Donnie Walsh came in and gave former Phoenix Suns coach Mike D'Antoni a whopping four-year, $24-million US deal. Never mind that the current roster doesn't suit D'Antoni's run-and-gun style at all.

D'Antoni also must deal with highly paid wildcards Stephon Marbury and Eddy Curry.

Marbury and the club have been engaged in a cold war for months now. At one point it seemed certain that the Knicks would buy out Marbury and eat the remaining $21 million on his contract.

Walsh threw serious cash at former Chicago Bulls starter Chris Duhon, a less talented, but defensively superior player, and D'Antoni also has praised diminutive backup point guard Nate Robinson as a "scary athlete."

Marbury, the only former all-star on the New York roster, said earlier this week that he sees himself as the team's starter at the point and disregarded speculation that Duhon and Robinson had moved ahead of him on the depth chart.

"You can't assess it yet," Marbury said.

"When the 29th comes, when the lights come on, it will be different. It doesn't matter now who is on the court at what position. I know when the game starts, I'll have the ball or I'll be receiving the ball to make plays for others and myself."

However, Marbury backtracked yesterday, going out of his way to tell Marc Berman of the New York Post he is willing to come off the bench if it will make the team better.

"I don't want to go through any more distractions," Marbury said. "I want all of us to concentrate on winning and not if I'm going to start or not. If the Knicks want me to come off the bench, that's what I'm going to do. I just want to win a championship in New York because we as New Yorkers deserve a chip."

Even if that soap opera is now somewhat resolved, the Knicks must also deal with Curry. Curry reported for training camp out of shape and then came down with a bacterial infection.

The 6-foot-11, 285-pounder will not start tonight and might be usurped as the team's starting centre by the sleeker and much more athletic David Lee, a prototypical D'Antoni player.

Curry, who has three years and $31.5 million remaining on his deal, said yesterday that, like Marbury, he would prefer to start, but would deal with whatever decision D'Antoni makes.

The Knicks also have loose canon Zach Randolph on their roster and still are waiting for highly touted No. 6 overall selection Danilo Gallinari to find his health. The Italian forward missed training camp with a back injury.

SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE IS BITTER THAT COACH CHOSE NEW YORK OVER CANADA

portega1968

El Cacique
just to see how small we can go, I'd like to see all guards for like 3 minutes

Duhon, Nate, Steph, Crawford and QRich all at once... just for fun!!! no defense, just outrun the other guys till they drop and then bring in Curry, Randolph, Lee, Chandler and Mardy.

jeeezez, it's not even 420 and I'm orbiting as you can see.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
1) I could help make some of the threads. I haven't been on this site as much as I used to, but I could help every once in awhile.

2) I have to give a lot of credit to Mike D'Antoni for benching Eddy Curry. Isiah Thomas should've done this last year, but he was too stupid to do it. I don't know what Mike D'Antoni sees in Jared Jeffries, but I prefer Jeffries over Curry; he actually plays defense, and he's a better passer than Curry.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
^^^
I give him credit for that too but i dont like the way hes suckin duhorns dikk. Duhoe aint on the same level as marbury, but because he pushed to get him signed hes going "save face" style, smh

Starks

Starter
Whats up with this year's announcing team?

Did Gus Johnson ever get resigned? I heard Kenny Smith will be with us this year.

I like it when Al Trautwig does the games. He's not shy about being honest with the fans on how bad the Knicks are atleast

New New York

Quiet Storm
Whats up with this year's announcing team?

Did Gus Johnson ever get resigned? I heard Kenny Smith will be with us this year.

I like it when Al Trautwig does the games. He's not shy about being honest with the fans on how bad the Knicks are atleast

I actually heard the exact opposite about Kenny Smith, I hope he though.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Im Seein some nice chemistry between Lee and Randolph

Duhoe has 3 turnovers in the 1st half :td:

Swagbury>>>

Lee, Randolph, Chandler, and Marbury look good.

Duhon and Crawford not showing much.

The 3 point shooting is dreadful so far.

At least it looks like they are running some plays. They probably ran more plays in the first half than they did over 2-3 games last year.

jpz17

Starter
MSG, I'll make real nice game threads, with fantasy predictions... Match-ups, photos, videos, music... starters.. last nights box score, PM me when you want me to do one

Pricey

Rotation player
up by 1 with 1:52 to go in the match. Anyone watching the game? Who looks good and who doesnt?
Duhon stats wise hasnt shot well but has rebounds and assists, has he played well?
Lee looks like he has done alright