Knicks vs Craptors preseason Game Thread

it's funny watching the whole team doing the right thing then watching crawford still chuck up shots. nothings changed, he's got to go

TunerAddict

Starter
Lee and Randolph were exemplary.

Duhon blew badly. Turned the ball over and can't shoot to save his life.

Marbury started out strong but faded.

Nate started out slow but pulled it together and had a good game.

Chandler looked good.

Jamal sucked. Badly. Bad shots, but actually seemingly improved D.

Q was ok.

Overall, this could be a good team if they could hit 3s!!!!!!!

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
too much TO's from guards but its preseason, david lee and zach really impressed me, i dont see duhon startin in the season

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The turnovers were real bad but i expect the team...or at least a couple players (Duhon and Marbury) to start playing better. Both of them are not known for being turnover prone, thats crawford and especially randolphs job.

It was an entertaining game and a sloppy game at the same time. I like the way Lee played...I think he played the best. Nate was real aggressive, he didnt shoot to well but he played hard and hes probably the best conditioned on this team, maybe one of the best conditioned players in the league.

Its hard to make any predictions off of tonight, even after preseason is over it will still be hard to predict how well we will do this year. There were good signs and bad signs, the turnovers again were real bad. But its a new style and its gonna take time for everyone to adjust. They were moving the ball around alot better then they did under isiah, the 29 assists they had is a strong indication of that.

i didnt see the game, but Duhon had 10 boards

i dont see how thats terrible

only one game guys..and we lost to a not at all bad raptors team by, in actuality, 5 points or so...

riga89

Rookie
I just don't get why Marbury is not in the game. PLEASE SOME OF YOU CALL WFAN radio (sports radio 660 AM) here in ny and push for Marbury to get back into the starting lineup.

WFAN - 718-937-6666

New New York

Quiet Storm
Stats that stand out

First off the loss means nothing considering we did win our first opening pre season games the past two seasons! I missed the game so I'm just giving my opinion based off the Box Score.

Some good things

Lee's 22 pts is impressive

Zach's double double 17 pts 13 rebs and even a block!

Duhon's 10 rebs! not at all expected

Some bad stats

8 of 34 from behind the arc

3 for 16 from our starting backcourt

Nothing to get too excited or to be too concerned about, just somethings that stood out to me at first glance.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
I just don't get why Marbury is not in the game. PLEASE SOME OF YOU CALL WFAN radio (sports radio 660 AM) here in ny and push for Marbury to get back into the starting lineup.

WFAN - 718-937-6666

it's preseason, chill out, last thing we need to do wear out our only chance of being successful this year, plus i dont see duhon startin over marbury, duhon is a great back up but hes not a starter...one thing i noticed today, he dribbles too much....in 1 case where he turned it over passing it to marbury near out of bounds because he took 1 too many dribbles....marbury seems to understand the system, throw vertical passes, if u see somebody open dont dribble a couple of times and then pass it, throw dat shyt right away!!

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
that wilson chandler dunk , OMG!!!

f5c5qx.jpg

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
That was a fun game to watch and I have to admit the Knicks surprised me of how good they played.The three point shooting was terrible but the way they ran that offense was amazing.David Lee is a great player on our team!! Yes its only preseason but he played that game tonight like the Knicks was in a playoff race.He and Randouph has great chemistry this year and it showed tonight.Imo trade Curry and let these two start and bring Chandler off the bench if one gets in foul trouble.

Duhon had a bad shooting night and had about 6 to's but he did hve some assist's and rebounds.Marbury imo did'nt play good either he also turned the ball over about 5 times and neither of them played any defense.

Nate played with some intensity tonight and husle and played a decent game and I see him having a great season if he gets the playing time.Over all I was really impressed by the Knicks play and I think this season they will play alot better than years past.GO KNICKS!!!

Blumatic

Rotation player
We cannot let david lee go. I know he's not an elite player and he might hinder our chances for getting under the cap, but just as rare as it to land a Lebron James it is rare to land some one like David Lee.

Lee just make a team runs smooth. He man not be the engine but he is the oil. He works so hard. Walsh just pay him respectably. If what he wants is outrageous then so be it but keep this man.

We need shot blocking in the serious way. Our guards Duhon and Steph were horrible. Steph at least scored. But its preseason.

Everyone was throwing up chucks but thats what Coach wants. But I think he wants better shots. But I am pleased with the effort.

As long as we play like this I think we will be respectable this year.

Toons

is the Bo$$
i missed the game, judging by the box scores we did alright.
lets not over annalyze a preseason game. It is our first game with a new coach, a new system and a new attitude. a 2 point loss is alright by me.

duhon - 10 rebounds are impressive, thish shows me that duhon is willing to hustle to get a rebound, he had 6 assists and only one foul in 33 minutes. however, the 1 for 7 shooting was not a good sign. hopefully its the rust of not being in the post season and a summer break.

Crawford - 10 pts, 7 assists, 2 turnovers, 2 for 9 shooting, 1 foul 1 steal. craw shot 2 for 9, but 5 of those were from behind the arc....minus the 3's he was 2 of 4 from inside which isnt bad. he shot 5/6 free throws....a little more aggression is needed....with his dribbling skills, jcraw can easily average 8-10 ft/game. also like his 33 minutes....he should average that much this season.

Mr. Lee Mr. Lee. - Amazing game.....22 n 9.....4/4 ft's. and a block...nice

zach - 19 and 13....the thing that stands out about zach to me, is his 5 assists...only duhon and crawford had more assists than zach. 19 pts, 13 boards...glad we didnt trade this guy.

q.rich - need more from him...12 pts 3 boards

n8 - beast

chandler - 15 n 6....thats all u ask out of a small foward.....15 n 6

marbury - a bit of a disappointment for the "best shape f his career" . more turnovers than assists is not good.

just judging by the box score.

cant wait for gallo to be fused in the offense. curry needs to go!

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks first preseason game vs Toronto was a decent game to watch. It started out nice with the Knicks holding the lead untill the middle of the 3rd quarter. Coach Dantoni played some 2 units of basketball with adding a 3rd unit of an uptempo run n gun 3-guard play at times with Duhorn, Marbury, Crawford, or Nate.

The 2nd unit of Marbury, Nate, Chandler, and Malik played well on both side of the court they had no problem running an uptempo style of play always looking to push the ball.

Duhorn & Crawful seem to have problems passing in an uptempo system from having a habit of dribbling one, two, and three dribbles to much. I was looking for all the guards to push the ball up court as fast as they can through lob-passes or two to three passes up court without a dribble, but this was not done at anytime with Duhorn, Crawford, and Zach in the first unit. Q.Rich and Lee were the only players pushing the ball up court with lob-passes or getting the ball upcourt without dribbling it.
Toronto is a team that it is easy to run a fastbreak on, so Duhorn, Crawford, and Zach do need alot of work done to their game to get them up to speed in an uptempo system.

Zach Randolph first half of the game showed exellent chemistry with David Lee on the offensive side of the court. And their defensive rebounding was great too given Toronto one shot. The 2nd half of the game the Toronto guards, fowards, and center took it straight at Zach Randolph and changed the outlook of the game where Toronto was in control.

Important Notice:
The Toronto Raptors did not play Bosh, J.O'Neal, and Caldron in the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter to beat the Knicks starters.

Trin_Starr

Starter
The Knicks first preseason game vs Toronto was a decent game to watch. It started out nice with the Knicks holding the lead untill the middle of the 3rd quarter. Coach Dantoni played some 2 units of basketball with adding a 3rd unit of an uptempo run n gun 3-guard play at times with Duhorn, Marbury, Crawford, or Nate.

The 2nd unit of Marbury, Nate, Chandler, and Malik played well on both side of the court they had no problem running an uptempo style of play always looking to push the ball.

Duhorn & Crawful seem to have problems passing in an uptempo system from having a habit of dribbling one, two, and three dribbles to much. I was looking for all the guards to push the ball up court as fast as they can through lob-passes or two to three passes up court without a dribble, but this was not done at anytime with Duhorn, Crawford, and Zach in the first unit. Q.Rich and Lee were the only players pushing the ball up court with lob-passes or getting the ball upcourt without dribbling it.
Toronto is a team that it is easy to run a fastbreak on, so Duhorn, Crawford, and Zach do need alot of work done to their game to get them up to speed in an uptempo system.

Zach Randolph first half of the game showed exellent chemistry with David Lee on the offensive side of the court. And their defensive rebounding was great too given Toronto one shot. The 2nd half of the game the Toronto guards, fowards, and center took it straight at Zach Randolph and changed the outlook of the game where Toronto was in control.

Important Notice:
The Toronto Raptors did not play Bosh, J.O'Neal, and Caldron in the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter to beat the Knicks starters.

Nice post Kiya!
I'm impressed :)
Normally you always have something negative to say! lol

Starks

Starter
What stands out to me is all the DNPs last night. Mike D def will have a short rotation. Eddy Curry sticks out like a sore thumb on this roster.

Very fun to watch, but also very sloppy. Lets see if they clean it up by the season.

portega1968

El Cacique
Good and bad things on display last night

1. Turnovers - team is still finding its chemistry (fixable)

2. Toronto's FG% - as expected, no defense, opponent's froncourt killed us (no defense expected anytime soon anyways 'cause the idea is to score more points).

3. from NYTimes today: The Knicks’ second basket of the game was a fast-break layup by Richardson. Moments later, Randolph raced to the rim for a score. Moments after that, Lee took a quick feed from Chandler for another transition layup.

SWEEEET!!! SURE BEATS WATCHING EDDY TAKE 15SECS IN THE POST!!!!

4. 8 of 34 from beyond the arc (can you imagine when they do fall in?)

5. from NYTimes today: Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. “I’m juiced up,” said D’Antoni... (finally, some chemistry after how long?)

6. Chandler's dunk over O'Neill reminded me of a young Scottie Pippen, whereas Nate's dunk was just as jaw-dropping 'cause of the elevation. These two are keepers... along with David Lee who will rise to elite status this year.

7. See Zach run, see Zach score, see Zach rebound, see Zach hit a fuucking 3pointer... even see Zach dish the rock to an open teammate for the hoop!!! Just as Rasheed Wallace was plagued with controversies from Portland to Washington and then found his way in Detroit, Zach may just step up to the next level this year with the Knicks. Things looking good until now.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!!

8. From NYTimes 2day: “Just to change the environment is probably the thing that is going to affect the atmosphere of the team, first and foremost,” said Bryan Colangelo, the Raptors’ president, who hired D’Antoni in Phoenix. “You can feel that there’s been a shift in culture, and I’m sure that’s going to result in increased wins right there.”

FINALLY, SOME FUCCCKING RESPECT!!!!!!

Things seems to be moving the right way, even if it's just a game and so much more is needed to be accomplished before we are taken seriously again in this league.