• Chris Duhon

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
New York Knicks (0-1) @ Philadelphia 76ers (1-0)
Tonight at 7:00pm ET, Live on MSG

Welcome to the official MSG33 pregame show. I am the Gold Mac 10 and its time to break down tonights preseason game. The Knicks will be in Philadelphia tonight as they play the 76ers, who added Elton Brand to their roster over the off season. The sixers are coming off a win against the Celtics, where Louis Williams scored 27 points off the bench to help his team come from behind and get the victory.

The Knicks turned the ball over too much against the Raptors on Wednesday night. Tonight they need to cut back on turnovers if they hope to win. The Knicks did do a good job of moving the ball (29 assists) and rebounding (50 rebounds), so their were some good signs. They also got to the line 33 times.

Starting Lineups

Philadelphia 76ers

At point guard, Andre Miller
At shooting guard, Andre Iguodala
At small forward, Thaddeus Young
At power forward, Elton Brand
At center, Samuel Dalembert

knicks.gif

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHON
AT SHOOTING GUARD JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD DAVID LEE
AT CENTER ZACH RANDOLPH

KNICKS BENCH: Wilson Chandler, Stephon Marbury, Nate Robinson, Eddy Curry, Malik Rose, Anthony Roberson, Mardy Collins, Patrick Ewing Jr., Jerome James, Dan Grunfeld

QUESTIONABLE FOR TONIGHT: Allan Houston and Danilo Gallinari

Knicks_Dribbling_600_100605.jpg

Throwback Hip Hop Joint of the Day

Artist: Black Moon
Song: Son Get Wrec
Album: Enta Da Stage

Thanks for joining me here on The Gold Mac's pregame show, catch me next time and enjoy tonights game.

portega1968

El Cacique
going against Brand will be a reality check for Lee and Randolph.

Wouldnt surprise me if Dalembert gets at least 5 blocks tonight when he's playing off the ball. We may need Eddy in there to slam it home a couple of plays and get him in foul trouble.

Iguodala is a tough matchup for our guards too becuase of the size difference and the fact that he also can run. I would like to see Chandler go up against him and stuff it in his face.

Will D'Antoni be tempted to go bigger with Crawford, Q, Chandler, Lee and Curry?

Nice test for the new New York Knicks.

riga89

Rookie
Ok, this is the thing with the Knicks that will make them worse this year than last year. As we saw in game 1 (vs Raptors) they have the ability to score BUT WE CAN'T STOP ANYBODY ON DEFENSE. The Raptors didn't even have their starters in the game in the 4th quarter and we still got out butts kicked. Without a shot blocking center who can rebound the basketball (e.g. Amare Stoudamire) D'Antoni's system WILL NOT WORK. That's why the obvious choice for this job should have been Mark Jackson.

I'm predicting now and I will continue to reiterate my point. THE KNICKS WILL FINISH THIS SEASON WITH A WORSE RECORD THAN LAST YEAR.

- A disappointed Knicks fan for another season.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
nice to see the gold mac 10s pregame show.

Anyway should be an interesting game tonight. I was impressed by both lee and zach the last game. Could form a great frontcourt for the forthcoming season.
Want to see more from steph. I belive he should be starting over duhon. Hes fitter, faster and scores a hell of alot more points.

Want h2o to play!!!! hes been a very good signing. Although not as mobile as he used to be, i belive hes bonded all the players into a team. Hes a leader and the chemisty has definetly increased since his arrival. Hope he makes the team!

I'm interested in seeing if the Knicks can force their tempo on a half court defensive team like this. This division with Boston and Philly will give us a good barometer of how good we really are offensively.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
For the poll, I voted for Stephon Marbury. He's the best player on the Knicks, therefore he deserves to start.
I look forward to the matchup with Elton Brand and Zach Randolph. Randolph is going to dominate Brand. Lee is going to dominate Dalembert, too. I predict a win for the Knicks, if Duhon's minutes are reduced and Marbury's minutes are increased.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I voted for Nate to start tonight b/c he is young and imo gives us more speed at the point to get the ball down the floor under seven seconds and he would add more energy and hustle along with Lee.Why not start Nate tonight its only preseason and you never know he might get this team running on all cylenders.

As for the game I think it should be a good game and like others have said it will show us how good this team can be this year.I hope Pat Ewing Jr gets some playing time to see what he can do out there.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Cant believe you brought out the old Black Moon! Who Got Da Props is one my all time favorite joints!

Back to basketball.....Duhon should start simply because moving him to the bench after one bad game could mean his confidence is lost for the season.

metrocard

Legend
Cant believe you brought out the old Black Moon! Who Got Da Props is one my all time favorite joints!

Back to basketball.....Duhon should start simply because moving him to the bench after one bad game could mean his confidence is lost for the season.

What confidence? Duhon knows he's a bench/role player.

If your using this confidence "case", then you proclaimed yourself as an idiot by insisting that Marbury's confidence is irrelevant as a 20 and 8 career all star caliber riding the bench to a C level PG.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
i'm thinking this is good for the knicks, there playing two really good teams that are playoff bound. on Wednesday i was pleasantly surprised when i saw how the knicks improved on defense knowing d'antoni isn't too much of a defensive coach and had a lot of assists which is something new. but in the end they lost which means that wasn't good enough, anyway i think the knicks will have a good game tonight and i have a feeling they'll win this game

jpz17

Starter
Knicks are looking good so far.. WIlson Chandler is defending great, Lee is shooting great! and rebounding like theres no tomorrow, and jamal isn't doing anything, I say trade Jamal right now, get an expiring contract a pick and young players. Jamal is good bait, and he is not fitting into D's system, but the knicks are doing great with D!!!Looks like this coach will stay for a while finally

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Knicks are looking good so far.. WIlson Chandler is defending great, Lee is shooting great! and rebounding like theres no tomorrow, and jamal isn't doing anything, I say trade Jamal right now, get an expiring contract a pick and young players. Jamal is good bait, and he is not fitting into D's system, but the knicks are doing great with D!!!Looks like this coach will stay for a while finally

what game are u watchin???jamal had 10 points in the 1st quarter, why u comin wit negative shyt, there hasnt been anything negative so far in the game, only the FT shootin needs to improve

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Crawford is playing like shit but besides him i like what i see. Im more impressed with marburys defense then duhoe's. The starbarians have been pointing out marburys defense for a while now, haterburys dont know how to read.

I knew someone would say sumthin about that, hip hop was so much better back then. Black moon was never real popular even though they had a couple of singles that got play, but enta da stage is an undeniable classic.

What confidence? Duhon knows he's a bench/role player.

If your using this confidence "case", then you proclaimed yourself as an idiot by insisting that Marbury's confidence is irrelevant as a 20 and 8 career all star caliber riding the bench to a C level PG.
co-sign

like clyde pointed out, marburys 14 points a game last year would be a career year for chris duhorn. lol @ duhoe and nate robinson gettin anal raped with no vaseline, most knicks fans know marbury belongs in the starting lineup as the poll results indicate.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Hes not playing any defense, but what else is new?

Anyone see that shot swagbury just hit?

sure MSG, because there's a guard in philly who's been really killin us, sure MSG,just go ahead and blame crawford for brand going crazy on us, i tell u this much though, ivey is going at it wit marbury