• Chris Duhon

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
sure MSG, because there's a guard in philly who's been really killin us, sure MSG,just go ahead and blame crawford for brand going crazy on us, i tell u this much though, ivey is going at it wit marbury

he wishes he could be going at it with marbury, good thing crawfords not guardin him :lol:

Im just being an asshole, crawford didnt do bad (on offense) tonight. He never plays any defense and i dont expect that to change. If hes gonna play all i can do is hope that he improves his shot selection and cuts down on the bad turnovers. Nates shot has been off, hes shooting 9-25 through the 1st 2 games

New New York

Quiet Storm
Crawford is playing like shit but besides him i like what i see. Im more impressed with marburys defense then duhoe's. The starbarians have been pointing out marburys defense for a while now, haterburys dont know how to read.

I knew someone would say sumthin about that, hip hop was so much better back then. Black moon was never real popular even though they had a couple of singles that got play, but enta da stage is an undeniable classic.

co-sign

like clyde pointed out, marburys 14 points a game last year would be a career year for chris duhorn. lol @ duhoe and nate robinson gettin anal raped with no vaseline, most knicks fans know marbury belongs in the starting lineup as the poll results indicate.

Ok, I misunderstood the question....Being that it was a Game Thread I thought the question about who should be starting at PG was about tonight's game not all season. So that is why I mentioned it would hurt Duhon's confidence to move him out of the starting spot after one bad game.

I created a thread breaking down Duhon's career stats and posed the question if he was starter worthy or not. I still think it is too early to determine just yet but, ofcourse it is hard to argue who has been the more productive of the two (Duhon and Steph) in their careers. So to go off of production and skill then hands down Steph should be the starter, but I think Dantoni is looking for more of a playmaker so you have to then assume that Duhon is the better fit in that scenerio.

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
What confidence? Duhon knows he's a bench/role player.

If your using this confidence "case", then you proclaimed yourself as an idiot by insisting that Marbury's confidence is irrelevant as a 20 and 8 career all star caliber riding the bench to a C level PG.

See above reply

A video dedication for you Metro since you like to critique every damn thing I say trying to catch me saying something wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D30ttis_DEg

Last edited:

TunerAddict

Starter
Didn't see the game, but looking at the box score and play by play, seems like Lee played good again, and that he made some jumpshots. Good to see.

Also looks like Duhon played well...

And Mardy got some grind...

metrocard

Legend
See above reply

A video dedication for you Metro since you like to critique every damn thing I say trying to catch me saying something wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D30ttis_DEg

*****, you're not on that level yet; I and many others skip through your boring essays. Posting a lot everyday and all day isn't going to get you attention here.

I don't got time to watch youtube videos of your mom shaking her culo to some corny reggaeton joint.

Duhon is a C level PG, and is not a PLAYMAKER.

Marbury is the best play maker on this roster, he's been restricted the last two seasons. MArbury unleashed is the best scoring threat on this team. We need his scoring and his efficient passing.

Duhon isn't a consistent player...anyone who favors him over Steph will look like an idiot in 3 months.

Red

TYPE-A
D'Antonis' system uses multiple guard sets and basically keeps shooters on the perimeter. All you gotta do is move the ball and knock down your shots, or penetrate and dish. That being said it looks like Marbaury and Duhon can play together or are at least are interchangeable along with every other guard we have. It's the system!!! Don't matter who's in there. What will be interesting to see is a good half court team with a low-post beast that will test our low-post defense. It seems like we double down or trap on the post (w/ smaller defenders) and attempt to rotate to the ball whenever they dish it. We may give up alot of points but hopefully our Off. makes up for it.

If we start winning consistently, who will we be trading by the deadline this year? Z-Bo, Lee, Maurbs, or Curry? And where the fukkkk is Gallo?

New New York

Quiet Storm
*****, you're not on that level yet; I and many others skip through your boring essays. Posting a lot everyday and all day isn't going to get you attention here.

I don't got time to watch youtube videos of your mom shaking her culo to some corny reggaeton joint.

Duhon is a C level PG, and is not a PLAYMAKER.

Marbury is the best play maker on this roster, he's been restricted the last two seasons. MArbury unleashed is the best scoring threat on this team. We need his scoring and his efficient passing.

Duhon isn't a consistent player...anyone who favors him over Steph will look like an idiot in 3 months.

LOL, Why not watch the video my mother worked hard on it! You show you immaturity well Metro! I once told you that all your post were predictable consiting of three things and you proved me right once again, Thanks!

Hey stupid isnt replying to every post I make giving attention? You get awfully worked up Metro I bet you jam your keys responding to me.Look you and all your "fans" (still LMAO at that one) can ignore all you want. I told you before I don't care about your poster ratings and all that, it's irrelevant to most of the posters on this site as well.

Back to what really matters....Duhon plays for The Knicks, if he doesnt perform well then the team does not do well! So it is dumb to want him to under preform for the sake of being right about Steph. So far the offense has looked solid with the rotation being what it is, so who cares who starts the game. Steph could be the spark plug off the bench like Lee was the past couple of years that gave us a push when the starting five was slack. I say why not try Crawford as sixth man and let Steph play the Off Guard during preseason game to see how it works?

Kiyaman

Legend
Dont quote me, but coach Dantoni is doing a well and wise job starting Duhorn & Crawful over Marbury & Nate during the Preseason games.
I hope he does the samething at the start of regular season to Zach Randolph & Q.Rich by starting Curry & Chandler over them.

Philly's Miller, Iggy, and Young, put a spanking on our Knicks Starters in the first quarter taking a 12 point lead in the first 6 minutes of the game.
When Marbury, Nate, Chandler, and Malik entered into the game in the first quarter Philly had a 14 point lead.

The Second Quarter of the game "Marbury & Malik Rose" took "total" charge of not only the Knicks but Philly too.....with an outstanding 2nd quarter "38-13" taking away Philly's team confidence to start the 2nd half of the game.

Combo-Guards Marbury & Nate will be the "Starters" when the regular season games start. The two players give this team a better flexability as starters and backup replacements early in the backcourt..... more defense you add Duhorn or Collins, more offense you add Crawful off the bench.

Sorry to say, but Malik Rose performance in the last two games put a shutdown on all the Knicks oposition frontcourt scorers.
This is good for Eddy Curry performance in a lineup alongside of a PF or SF Malik Rose.
Marbury leading the guards and Malik leading the bigmen in a lineup together has finally showed up on this team during the first two preseasons.

During the regular season will the old conflict rise of leadership between Crawful, Q.Rich, and Zach against "Marbury & Malik" which coach Dantoni actually seperated into two-units during these preseason games?

Eddy Curry supposed and should be the suprise player in this season rotation that gives us 10 to 15 more wins than lastseason. When you include Marbury into that rotation for 82 games in the backcourt with Nate & Duhorn its supposed to be 20 more wins than lastseason.

Thinking about Gallinari......brings me to Bayless outstanding performance lastnight over the Atlanta Hawks. Bayless scored 15 points off of 60% fg shooting, had 7 assists, 7 rebounds, and 4 turnovers. He is a future all-star player, but the best part is he would've been the prime reason to trade Crawful this past offseason.

metrocard

Legend
lol @ self ethering your mom with your dry sarcasm.

My post > your post, I have suscribers; people here still don't even know you. LOL, you mad? I spend less time here too and you try way too hard to get a rep. Just give it up, leeching off me to get famous is really pathetic. Stop, you look like an obsessive maricon.

Who said I wanted Duhon to under preform?

You're making up statements since you have nothing in this arguement.

That was never stated.

I presented the arguement that I expect (level of standard) that Duhon isn't skilled, talented, experienced, and worthy of the starting PG position over Marbury, from pass history and the fact that Marbury is superior overall.

Its only been two preseason games, stop basing your judgment on such little things; it makes you look dumber than you actually are. (congrats on completing such a complex unhumanly task, atleast you do something original for once)

See how it works?

See.

Thats the mentally retarded mentality that leads to failing.

Why not try Curry at PG and see how it works?

IT WOULDN'T.

Theres some basic common knowledge that most people should know, and you're a below average human being, so you wouldn't have an idea.

Marbury isn't an OFF GUARD.

For over 10 years in the NBA, he's been a PG, nothing else. Thats his only position.

Whether its scoring or dishing, Marbury is most COMFORTABLE at PG and his SKILLS are most useful at the PG position.

We've seen Marbury play off guard with Francis, Crawford, Robinson, Collins, etc and other C level quality wanna be PG's...it doesn't work.

Marbury just needs to play a Tony Parker role; unfortunately for Steph, he's never had the supporting cast to be FREE and play that role.

Duhon is a glorified scrub in reality.

Shaunyboy23

Benchwarmer
wtf

LOL, Why not watch the video my mother worked hard on it! You show you immaturity well Metro! I once told you that all your post were predictable consiting of three things and you proved me right once again, Thanks!

Hey stupid isnt replying to every post I make giving attention? You get awfully worked up Metro I bet you jam your keys responding to me.Look you and all your "fans" (still LMAO at that one) can ignore all you want. I told you before I don't care about your poster ratings and all that, it's irrelevant to most of the posters on this site as well.

Back to what really matters....Duhon plays for The Knicks, if he doesnt perform well then the team does not do well! So it is dumb to want him to under preform for the sake of being right about Steph. So far the offense has looked solid with the rotation being what it is, so who cares who starts the game. Steph could be the spark plug off the bench like Lee was the past couple of years that gave us a push when the starting five was slack. I say why not try Crawford as sixth man and let Steph play the Off Guard during preseason game to see how it works?
No disrepect New York, but I don't see the sense in starting Duhon. You are basically saying that Duhon is better than Steph. :update:You dont c Mike James starting ova Cp3 cuz CP3 is the better player. Just as Steph is better than Duhon. P.S been gone 4 a minute back to rep hard in tha starbury wars. :machinegun: Team Starbury stand up!:peace:

portega1968

El Cacique
stephon is the most talented player on our team, without a doubt... but I believe our team is much better with him coming off the bench to provide instant offense instead of having to focus on being the main playmaker. Let Duhon and Collins worry about playmaking duties and let Stephon focus on being the best scorer he can be. just my opinion.

stephon is the most talented player on our team, without a doubt... but I believe our team is much better with him coming off the bench to provide instant offense instead of having to focus on being the main playmaker. Let Duhon and Collins worry about playmaking duties and let Stephon focus on being the best scorer he can be. just my opinion.

I have to agree with this post. Steph won't start at pg unless Duhon completely folds at this point, and personally, I don't want Duhon to fold because he plays for OUR TEAM. The better Duhon plays, the better the team will be. Quite simply, the Marbury pg era has ended in NY barring an injury which no one wants.

I like the way Steph is playing though. You can tell he is buying into now realizing it's a war he can't win. And for the sake of the team he is embracing his role. There will still be plenty of points and assist's to go around in this offense. And Steph will still play 30 min a night.

I feel he will still eventually be traded. But he will play well until then, and we'll at least get value back for him instead of nothing. Only way he won't be traded is if by his play willingness to play a lesser role. If he makies it past the trading deadline, there is a slight chance I believe he'll be back next year. No matter what the Knicks brass says, it's a luxury having a player of his caliber on the team, especially of the bench.

Should be a fun year. I expect 45-50 wins.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
No disrepect New York, but I don't see the sense in starting Duhon. You are basically saying that Duhon is better than Steph. :update:You dont c Mike James starting ova Cp3 cuz CP3 is the better player. Just as Steph is better than Duhon. P.S been gone 4 a minute back to rep hard in tha starbury wars. :machinegun: Team Starbury stand up!:peace:
Team Starbury 4 Life! :thumbsup:

Word, Marbury should be in the starting lineup. D'Antoni's starting lineup is a popularity contest. He's starting Q-Hitch, because he played for D'Antoni in Phoenix. He's starting Chris Duhon, because Marbury has a bad reputation with the media, and because a lot of fans listen to the media's b.s. It's not right. Marbury and Chandler should be starters.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Chris Duhon doesn't know how to make plays. He sucks. Marbury should be the #1 option on offense and the #1 playmaker. Marbury's capable of averaging at least 18 and 6, given the freedom. Zach Randolph could be used as the 2nd option on offense, and Jamal Crawford could be used as the 3rd option on offense. David Lee and Wilson Chandler should also be in the starting lineup.

KBlack25

Starter

First of all, saying Duhon should start over Marbury is not saying Duhon is the better, more talented player. It means he just fits better in the situation you are in. It's like starting a worse player in baseball to play the percentages against a pitcher. If Duhon can move the ball and make the easy pass better than Marbury, and that's what D'Antoni wants from his PG, then that's who should start, end of sentence. If D'Antoni wants his PG to shoot a lot, try and make a lot of plays himself, and that's what Marbury brings to the table, then Marbs should start.

The Mike James:CP3 comparison to Duhon:Marbury is undoubtedly the most idiotic comparison I have ever heard in my entire life. CP3 is a candidate for MVP this year, of course your MVP candidate should prob. be starting. Marbury is not CP3...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
First of all, saying Duhon should start over Marbury is not saying Duhon is the better, more talented player. It means he just fits better in the situation you are in. It's like starting a worse player in baseball to play the percentages against a pitcher. If Duhon can move the ball and make the easy pass better than Marbury, and that's what D'Antoni wants from his PG, then that's who should start, end of sentence. If D'Antoni wants his PG to shoot a lot, try and make a lot of plays himself, and that's what Marbury brings to the table, then Marbs should start.

The Mike James:CP3 comparison to Duhon:Marbury is undoubtedly the most idiotic comparison I have ever heard in my entire life. CP3 is a candidate for MVP this year, of course your MVP candidate should prob. be starting. Marbury is not CP3...
You don't get it. Marbury is a top 10 point guard in the NBA. Duhon is a 3rd string point guard. Marbury averages 7.8 assists, for his career. He's clearly a better play maker and scorer than Duhon. D'Antoni is starting Duhon, because he bought the bulls#!t that the media always says about Marbury.

And about the CP3 comparison, I agree, it's stupid. Mike James is better than Duhon. James averaged 20 points, at one point in his career.

KBlack25

Starter
You don't get it. Marbury is a top 10 point guard in the NBA. Duhon is a 3rd string point guard. Marbury averages 7.8 assists, for his career. He's clearly a better play maker and scorer than Duhon. D'Antoni is starting Duhon, because he bought the bulls#!t that the media always says about Marbury.

And about the CP3 comparison, I agree, it's stupid. Mike James is better than Duhon. James averaged 20 points, at one point in his career.

No, I do get it. But starting a guy doesn't mean you are saying one is better than the other. I like Marbury, a lot. At the same time I trust the coaches. And if the coaches say Duhon fits better in the system, then I'll give him a shot. If it starts to look like Duhon doesn't work, if they start 2-7 or something, I'm all for Marbury being there. But Duhon is who D'Antoni wanted, I say let the kid have his shot if Mike D'Antoni believes. If Duhon makes smarter passes than Marbury in the system installed, I don't have a problem with it. I have a problem if Duhon doesn't perform well, but he looked good last night.

jpz17

Starter
what game are u watchin???jamal had 10 points in the 1st quarter, why u comin wit negative shyt, there hasnt been anything negative so far in the game, only the FT shootin needs to improve

Look who its coming from, a Crawford supporter, face it, Crawford and Curry suck