Marbury mess ups down the stretch

Rojasmas

Rookie
Steph, what are you doing? First, you left Chucky Atkins all alone to bury a 3 when you double teamed for no reason, and then you dribble out the clock and hoist a wild 3 when all we needed was to get you in the paint and either finish or dish for two. Not a smart game for Steph. But we still love you.

jayp

Benchwarmer
im 50-50 on this one.. it was a bad shot because he still had a lot of time to create and it was a good shot because if it had went in we would have won it..

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
You're 100% right jayp!

Do you notice that in games that Marbury's shot is not falling, the Knicks almost always loses the game?

commonse

Benchwarmer
Stephon got the ball when there was almost a turnover and after this he was asking for a pick and didnt get it then he shot the ball. I dont think it was his miss, I agree that he wasnt so good that night (14 pts, 7 ast) but we should win that game earlier when we were up by 4.
And everybody thought he is going to make a layup.
I think he could win that game and it wasnt successful this time. He knows it and he is the guy who want 2 make the playoffs more then anyone!
So.... He will get better...so much better!!!

jayp

Benchwarmer
can't blame him for the loss because all the great players want the ball at the end of the game..

Rojasmas

Rookie
I don't think it should come down to him wanting to take a 25 foot 3 pointer for a win or loss when you are down by 2. Go for a 2 and go into overtime. Especially Marbury who can take his man off the dribble at will. He settled for a low percentage shot. And he wasn't waiting for a Houston screen. Houston doesn't screen. He was waiting for Houston to shake his man and get open. But when he saw that wasn't happening, go to the basket. Hit an easy pullup or go all the way to the hole. We are losing down the stretch due to poor decision-making. It hurts.

jayp

Benchwarmer
well he had a good game against MIL.. he hit a clutch 3pointer... it's not everytime you get to win games..