Vecsey's opinion on Curry's weight

portega1968

El Cacique
Nypost's Peter Vecsey (article was about the rumor of a tattoo causing his bacterial infection, but I did find this part on his weight interesting):

...Curry is unable to tell me the exact number of tattoos that decorate almost every nook and cranny of his vast terrain, which, by the way, contrary to popular prejudice, is not too flabby; the 6-11 boulder is merely massive from back-to-front, his legs are like pilings, his arms like turnstiles, his fingers are as big as my wrist. That's what makes him impossible to defend in the ditch, one-on-one; once he plants it's too late to pray and plead for help.

Could Curry stand to curb his enthusiasm at the counter? Yeah, he may have an extra layer of fat . . . but it's on top of muscle . . . that's on top of Tyrannosaurus Rex bones. He wasn't branded Baby Shaq accidentally. Accordingly, it's infantile to measure him in terms of pounds; every weighty body part is in proportion to his configuration.

Forward observers are confused; Curry's isn't overweight, his curse is lack of condition, much to the displeasure of Scott Skiles in Chicago and denigration by Isiah Thomas and Mark Aguirre in New York.

Mike D'Antoni's burn-rubber system serves to accentuate that negative. Curry's sole objective in life at this playing-catch-up point should be to build stamina. Once he finds that second wind and gains that endurance, once he's feeling good, that'll be his ideal playing weight; damn what the scale says.

INTERESTING POINT OF VIEW BUT I STILL THINK HE SHOULD'VE COME IN PREPARED TO RUN HIS ASS OFF, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING HIS HEART CONDITION... THAT'S WHY I'M VERY DISSAPOINTED IN HIM FOR WASTING HIS TALENT THAT WAY