Preseason: Knicks @ Nets 10/20/08 Game Thread

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
I think this team can win 45-50 games. We almost did that 2 years ago, but everyone got injured at the end of the season. Imagine what we could do under a real coach.

sorry to say man but in 2006-2007 we had the same record as last year (23-59) that was the larry brown era, glad that shit is over.

dont get 2 hyped about pre season there buddy...man were playing against other teams scrubs...i still gotta see how we do against the elite teams like new orleans lakers celtics and all these good teams...

yeah, just the celtics and the 6'ers ...the team that won the championship last year and the frontrunner to win it this year...

celts played their starters for 3 quarters after resting them the night before

the test is the celts at msg..their gonna be even hungrier and hopefully the knicks come to play...

the one true test im waiting to see is if we can maintain a large lead in the 3rd and 4th quarter. everytime we get up by a bunch, we give up enough to make it close at the end....maybe im gettin greedy, but im lookin forward to seein some blowouts this year..and not with the boys being on the losing end..

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
yeah, just the celtics and the 6'ers ...the team that won the championship last year and the frontrunner to win it this year...

the test is the celts at msg..their gonna be even hungrier and hopefully the knicks come to play...

the one true test im waiting to see is if we can maintain a large lead in the 3rd and 4th quarter. everytime we get up by a bunch, we give up enough to make it close at the end....maybe im gettin greedy, but im lookin forward to seein some blowouts this year..and not with the boys being on the losing end..
feel you man...but celtics when they have a reason 2 beat us they can destroy us...i think we gave them a reason 2 when we beating last game...but eh its pre season doubt they will go that hard on us...but i see us winning 35 games if we always play like this...if we dont turn the ball over and shoot better behind the 3 point line deff win 45-50...cause think about it all those 3s we take if they were 2 go in we would be blowing teams out

KBlack25

Starter
Win total aside this season, I really think this is a team we will sit and enjoy watching play basketball. Even if they aren't as good as we all think they are going to be (let's not get carried away with 45 wins), they will be a tough team to play, they'll tire teams out and most of all the Garden will enjoy watching them play. If the energy gets pumped back into the Garden, LeBron will see it on his visit, and hopefully remember that when free agency comes around...

TunerAddict

Starter

Dude I know....But its actually because D is putting the end of the bench in and that we the strategy is changing at this point. They aren't running, they are settling into an iso offense. Just watch the game again and you'd see that the 4th quarter became just like last year. Stagnant ball movement, almost nonexistent. That is the real challenge, getting the guys to continue to be unselfish throughout the game, making them continue to move the ball around and get good shots like they were in the first half.

nah i agree about the 3rd/4th quarter iso's this year compared to last and how their the same, thats basically what im saying...but i dont think its gonna be like that in the regular season (ie. malik rose wont be shooting open 3's from the wing, he'll be warming the end of the bench while chandler or zbo or lee is getting that choice to shoot,pass,etc.)

thats why the thing im waiting to see is if our first squad can hold onto a lead in the 4th quarter, which unfortunately we wont get to see until the first few games of the year

sometimes even when people agree on here it seems to be taken as a disagreement...i think we're on the same page on this one dude..

TunerAddict

Starter
nah i agree about the 3rd/4th quarter iso's this year compared to last and how their the same, thats basically what im saying...but i dont think its gonna be like that in the regular season (ie. malik rose wont be shooting open 3's from the wing, he'll be warming the end of the bench while chandler or zbo or lee is getting that choice to shoot,pass,etc.)

thats why the thing im waiting to see is if our first squad can hold onto a lead in the 4th quarter, which unfortunately we wont get to see until the first few games of the year

sometimes even when people agree on here it seems to be taken as a disagreement...i think we're on the same page on this one dude..

Nah, I feel ya man. Didn't mean to make it sound like I was disagreeing.

nate_wallpaper_1182.jpg

JayJ44

Starter
alright my bad man, we did go 23-59 in 2005-2006. i dont know 33 wins is still far from 45-50 wins. were capable of 45 wins if everyone plays well and stays healthy, we cant afford injuries.

Yeah, maybe 50 is pushing it. I'll just hope for the playoffs for now. And I'm praying no injuries occur.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
45-50 is pushin it. Id be very happy if we could go 41-41. You have to remember that theres one thing that this team doesnt have, and thats an interior defender. We got wilson who can block some shots but you can only go so far without a player who can clean up the paint and intimidate. Curry, Lee, and Randolph dont block shots.

portega1968

El Cacique
This is how I see it. Last year's results were worsened by off-court bullshit and a terrible gameplan.

We have very talented players that, despite not having ideal chemistry last year, could've gotten at least 35 wins on talent alone IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE TERRIBLE ATMOSPHERE THAT ISIAH HAD AROUND THIS TEAM... result was 23 wins.

So, you take what I believe could've been at least a 35win team last year under neutral circumstances, and add this new offense, and even more than that, this refreshing atmosphere that Walsh and Dantoni have brought to this team, it should at least represent 10 more wins and a playoff birth.

Although we are not much of a defensive team, we do have some good rebounders who give us more touches on offense, which mitigates somewhat what we give up on defense. D'Antoni's system is to score more than what the other team does, which means our offense is our defense. Chandler is a shotblocker off-the-ball a la Josh Smith, so we should improve somewhat in that category.

Unlike previous preseasons in this millenia where we were hyped and then let down, this one just feels different... you can see it in what the press is saying, what other team executives and players are saying, what our players are saying, how management has reached out to fans; change is the air.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
The Little Engine that could....

"No, Robinson will not score 19 points again. Randolph will have the high score today"

What happened Nostradamus Nate is the man do not ever sleep on the little engine that Could......

What up ppl nate going to be the man this year watch. if knicks make playoffs Nate is M.V.P. i predict he gets 17 ppg 6asst, 3stl and 4 rbds put this in stone......

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

the celtics want us for payback but i know 2 people who will def. come to play Chandler and Nate! im interested to see Chandler on Garnett and vise versa...this is gonna be fun....and to the post by portega1968 we wont win 45 games tops 41 or 42 but i predict 37 or 38 well reach the 40's if were lucky next season i expect a return to the playoffs but hey if we find a way to sqeeze in this year ima get my party like a rockstar on:peace::peace: lmao

and Chandler should start from the get go but i think D'Antoni has a plan for him im guessing buy January he'll be our starting SF with Gallo backing him....Q-Rich wont be here