D'Antoni seeing a budding star in Chandler

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...mike_dantoni_starting_to_see_a_rising_su.html

reading the newspaper i came across this it talks about how D'Antoni is suprised at how good Chandler is right now and how high his ceiling is. he has all the makings of someone that succeeds in this leauge the talent, versitality, heart, and drive thats a recipe for superstar....wait till he takes over after he breaks out we finally have a superstar to call our own loll...D'Antoni is gonna make this dude a monster

your thoughts?

our +'s are finally starting to out weigh our -'s

anyone else find it ironic that the year no one expected us to be good may be the year we actually are?

previous 3 years it was "knicks,championship,playoffs,70wins,omg"

last year may have actually been rock bottom..

only up from here fellas

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
our +'s are finally starting to out weigh our -'s

anyone else find it ironic that the year no one expected us to be good may be the year we actually are?

previous 3 years it was "knicks,championship,playoffs,70wins,omg"

last year may have actually been rock bottom..

only up from here fellas

i agree i mean we cant be any worse right lmao....but i think we're gonna suprise alot of people this year...we actually have a player thats gonna be a superstar in this league(Chandler) thats something we havent had since Ewing/Houston...and yea maybe our players play better to negetivity...but my honest opinion is it's D'Antoni he's a players coach and he connected with these players he got them motivated and they believe thats all it takes....or he might of just showed them a tape of a game from last season

Kiyaman

Legend
I like this thread, being an old time Knick Fan and recalling the ABA and CBA trades to the NBA (being considered 2nd string players) use to cause controversy to alot of NBA teams in the lockerroom when the ABA or CBA player playingtime kept increasing over drafted NBA players.

The Knicks Big Brass (Stock Holders) has always favored their high price player over coach, G.M., and lesser paid players.
Has things changed in this Knicks organization from then to now because of the hiring of Donnie Walsh and Dantoni? I doubt it.

The decision on whether Marbury start or come off the bench at the start of the regular season will be Marbury decision not Walsh or Dantoni.
There are $21 million reasons why the decision will be Marbury's.

If Q.Richardson come to play he will be a Starter, it does not matter if Chandler is a Super Star..... the Knicks Big Brass only see $8 mill. compared to $1 mill. in this case.
This is why Dantoni did not waste any time announcing publically that Jared Jefferies was used in the wrong position (SF) and should've been used as a center. So Chandler and Gallinari only have to worry about Q.Rich getting playingtime over them.

I only see the Knicks Big Brass being open minded about "Nate & Lee" this season because they became Big Fan Favorites in the Garden plus this season they are option players from $7 mill to $10 mill per season for the Knicks or the next team.
So Walsh & Dantoni could put Nate or Lee ahead of any player on the team who is making less than $10 mill per season. But not ahead of a $14 million player per season.

Donnie Walsh was given 6 months to make changes with any player on this roster, or save this organization some money by trading players and draft pick to teams under the salary cap to lower this season salary cap and luxury tax.
Donnie Walsh did neither so he is stuck with the players he refuse to move.

There was no way in hell the Knick Big Brass was going to throw a $21 million dollar product out the window for the next team to grab for nothing and make a profit off of, especially for a new President that did nothing to improve the organization or save any MONEY from last season losses.

So this season will be no different from any other Knick season.... the playingtime will go to the higher the paid-grade of a player, unless they are on the injured list like Jerome James.
For Rookie Balkman to get playingtime in his rookie season (and become the Tazman) Jared Jefferies had to be put on the injured list.

Coach Pat Riley quit for these reasons, Don Nelson was Fired for not abiding by these Knick rules. And the physical conflict between coach JVG & G.M. Ernie Grunfield which lead to Ewing demanding to be traded that offseason.

Names has been changed in management and coach but..... I see nothing has changed...

Scribbles

Rotation player
Wilson Chandler reminds me of when T-Mac used to bench in TOR.

But his game is that of a Richard Jefferson.

He could easily become the franchise player of the team if he prove to be a starter.

richtree

Rotation player
Like it or not he will always be a 3 man/ Small forward that will not have ball handling skills and never going to be a great shooter....

if does learn to shoot he will be a Rashad Lewis type, which would be amazing....

but the reality of it is he is more like Cory Maggette

but I am pulling for Chandler !!!!!!!!