Season prediction

jzero29

Rotation player
KNICKS BLOW, until they prove otherwise. They haven't been consistent. lets see... Duhon has had one impressive game this preseason and has been avg to bad the others, crawford without his 18 shots and ball control has been a none factor. malik rose, non factor. Q-rich, non factor.Curry, non factor. Mardy collins, non factor. Ewing, Grunfeld,J. james, jared jefferies,A. roberson, Allan Houston all non factors. Gallinari hasn't played and has steph done anything to prove he's back to his old self? Robinson has been okay, his usual inconsistent self. SO far lee(C,FWD) randolph(C,FWD) and chandler(FWD) have been good, thats it and they all play same positions. And lee and randolph both aren't true centers.
We have 200 guards and non of them have consistently show anything.

Seriously besides lee zach and chandler, who has performed?...I'll even give you marbury, who really hasn't done anything this preseason(and not in recent years) So I take it back no marbury. no curry, no Q rich, no one.
I don't see them performing very well. We have no real talent. Besides those 3. (if someone mentions crawford, you should be covered in syrup and thrown to a weigt watchers meeting.)
On the bright side, they can't do anyworse then last year, and I think they have a futer with lee zach and wilson, they just need to fix the guard play. a deadly 3 point shot would be nice...Hmmm like D. Nichols? I'd even take kyle korver.
prediction 33 wins

As the season goes on, they will get better and better, and play harder and harder on both ends. Getting Jefferies and Gallo in the fold will only help, and hopefully fat ass gets into shape.

45 wins minimum. D'antoni said we're making the playoffs. I believe him.

We win 45 games there should be a parade down broad street.

I mean, there is nowhere but up to go! Not like these guys don't know how to play basketball. Once they get comfortable in the system, this team will be dangerous. I expect this coach to actually get the most from this team. That is a huge difference from this year and the last few. We have not had a coach with a clue since Van Gundy. D'antoni will get these guys to perform.

If we don't get 45 wins I'll be disappointed.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I mean, there is nowhere but up to go! Not like these guys don't know how to play basketball. Once they get comfortable in the system, this team will be dangerous. I expect this coach to actually get the most from this team. That is a huge difference from this year and the last few. We have not had a coach with a clue since Van Gundy. D'antoni will get these guys to perform.

If we don't get 45 wins I'll be disappointed.

Then prepare to be disappointed. There is no way this group of losers will get 45 wins. It doesn't matter which coach or system we have, as long as this group of players is together, they will be a terrible team.

richtree

Rotation player
besides steph -- and he was never the best at this

we really don't have someone that can get to the free throw line against good defense teams....

ie. (celtics -- why they looked so good against us yesterday )

when we are flat, or struggle we need to get to the line...

not only does that slow down the defense pressure but also gets the other team in foul trouble....

it seems no one is ever in foul trouble against us...

when that 3 point shooting isn't working out we need to attack the basket

They are the world champs so my prediction is up until the last 10 games of the season we will be right there for the 8th spot in the playoffs.,

I haven't figured out whats happens from there yet...

until I see Wchand healthy , curry play (some) and danno shot 1 time

richtree

Then prepare to be disappointed. There is no way this group of losers will get 45 wins. It doesn't matter which coach or system we have, as long as this group of players is together, they will be a terrible team.

Well until they show it, I'll be optimistic. You've been wrong before.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i see us winning 33-40 games at best this year anything over would be a suprise even to us knicks fans....untill we can prove that we have a respectable interior defense my prediction wont change we need to continue to play unselfish baskeball(our players have accepted/adjusted to D'Antonis offense) and we can't afford injuries and make more effort on defense. and if Chandler and Nate continue to grow as players during the season then i see no reson why 40 wins isnt possible. but im sticking to 33-40 wins

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Well until they show it, I'll be optimistic. You've been wrong before.

When have I been wrong? lol. Last year, I predicted the Knicks to not make the playoffs because they never addressed their weaknesses. I predict the same for this year because they still haven't addressed their weaknesses. It comes down to understanding what it takes to have a winning combination of talents. This team does not have that. Despite the system, perimeter and interior defense is needed to win games. Their perimeter defense is average and their interior defense is awful. Add to the fact that their outside shooting is terrible (which is extremely important in D'Antoni's system) and it is a recipe for a really bad team. That's fine that you're optimistic. Just thought I would let you know why you're wrong in advance so you're not too disappointmented.

Pricey

Rotation player

now thats what i call team support:fellatio:

When have I been wrong? lol.
;)

Just thought I would let you know why you're wrong in advance so you're not too disappointmented.

All these issues you have with this team save long range shooting, were problems in Phx. The Knicks have enough talent to win 45 games in the east when there are only 3-4 really good teams. It's probably going to take between 41-45 to make it in the east.

Sometimes good coaching and direction is all that's needed.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
now thats what i call team support:fellatio:

There's a fine line between team support and irrationality. I support the team to the fullest, but I just don't see this team winning 45 games. I hope they do and will support them in the process, but I'm realistic. I was called names and criticized last year as well. We'll just have to see. I hope I'm wrong.

All these issues you have with this team save long range shooting, were problems in Phx.

Steve Nash, Raja Bell, Shawn Marion, Amare Stoudemire, Kurt Thomas

vs

Duhon, Mebury, Crawford, D Lee, Z-Bo

What more needs to be said?

JayJ44

Starter
There's a fine line between team support and irrationality. I support the team to the fullest, but I just don't see this team winning 45 games. I hope they do and will support them in the process, but I'm realistic. I was called names and criticized last year as well. We'll just have to see. I hope I'm wrong.

Steve Nash, Raja Bell, Shawn Marion, Amare Stoudemire, Kurt Thomas

vs

Duhon, Mebury, Crawford, D Lee, Z-Bo

What more needs to be said?

But those players weren't nearly as good (except maybe for Nash) as they became under Coach D'antoni.

jzero29

Rotation player
KNICKS BLOW, until they prove otherwise. They haven't been consistent. lets see... Duhon has had one impressive game this preseason and has been avg to bad the others, crawford without his 18 shots and ball control has been a none factor. malik rose, non factor. Q-rich, non factor.Curry, non factor. Mardy collins, non factor. Ewing, Grunfeld,J. james, jared jefferies,A. roberson, Allan Houston all non factors. Gallinari hasn't played and has steph done anything to prove he's back to his old self? Robinson has been okay, his usual inconsistent self. SO far lee(C,FWD) randolph(C,FWD) and chandler(FWD) have been good, thats it and they all play same positions. And lee and randolph both aren't true centers.
We have 200 guards and non of them have consistently show anything.

Seriously besides lee zach and chandler, who has performed?...I'll even give you marbury, who really hasn't done anything this preseason(and not in recent years) So I take it back no marbury. no curry, no Q rich, no one.
I don't see them performing very well. We have no real talent. Besides those 3. (if someone mentions crawford, you should be covered in syrup and thrown to a weigt watchers meeting.)
On the bright side, they can't do anyworse then last year, and I think they have a futer with lee zach and wilson, they just need to fix the guard play. a deadly 3 point shot would be nice...Hmmm like D. Nichols? I'd even take kyle korver.
prediction 33 wins
Dead on balls accurate. with 33 wins predicted last year, and they ended with 32.
This season 2009-10 38 wins.