The Allan Houston Era is Officially Waived

Scribbles

Rotation player
or maybe not....

Negotiations are in place for him in the front office of the team.

His playing days are done. We're all getting old.

At least we won't see him rocking that hideous #14. He needs a retirement ceremony and his jersey retired on some real s***.

GetRealistic

Starter
He was a great Knick, but if Benard King or even to a lesser extent Charles Oakley don't have there numbers retired you can't retire Houstons

richtree

Rotation player
<TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 <tr><TBODY><TR><TD class=s_playerNewsTitle style="BACKGROUND: #fe4d01"><TABLE class=s_playerNewsTitle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left width=33>
NY.gif
</TD><TD align=left> Allan Houston-G-Knicks</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" align=right>Oct. 23 - 11:50 am et</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TD style="BACKGROUND: #fe4d01" width=14>
right_corner_player_news.gif
</TD><TD width=6>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>Knicks waived guard Allan Houston.
The move doesn't come as much of a surprise. Houston was nagged (as always) by injuries all through camp and was a long shot for a roster spot. He is expected to have talks with the Knicks about joining the front office. The Knicks also cut ties with Dan Grunfeld.
Source: New York Daily News </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dirk

Benchwarmer
oh no hustons, is worse day of life of dirk, why is not knee of curry not colapse??? can doctor not put knee of huston good so he can do the runing all is need to do is stand him up his arm will do the 90% shoot on floor or put rule in NBA so hustons can play in weelchairs

Mike

Rookie
Knicks and Houston Discuss New Role

"New York Knicks and Allan Houston Begin Discussions Regarding New Role, as 2008-2009 NBA Basketball Season Gets Underway"

New York, NY. October 23, 2008. New York Knicks announced today that "starting immediately, there will be on-going discussions with Allan Houston about having a new role for him within the franchise, as the 2008-2009 NBA Basketball Season gets underway."

allan-2.jpg
allan-1.jpg

An Open Letter from Allan Houston reads as follows:

"First and foremost, my family and I would like to thank Knicks President Donnie Walsh and Coach Mike D?Antoni for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of the New York Knicks organization again. These are two of the most knowledgeable and respected men in basketball and I look forward to learning more from them. Although I was very excited about potentially joining my NY Knicks teammates this year in uniform, I believe that the circumstances suggest that I am best suited to serve the team in a different role.

I realize that we often make our own plans in our heart, but God always has even bigger plans for us. I am extremely blessed to have witnessed a special era in New York Knicks history, and I know basketball fans everywhere, especially Knick fans, are ready for the return of this franchise and hopefully I will be able to serve a role in being a part of that again.

Secondly, I want to also sincerely and personally thank family, friends, fans, prayer partners for all of your overwhelming support. Through AllanHouston.com & the Allan Houston Legacy Foundation, we will always stay connected and remain committed to equipping our next generation to live fruitful lives, making a difference and positively impacting the community for years to come," said Allan Houston.

About Allan Houston:

For more information, to get the latest news, media requests, blogs or partnership inquiries, please email: [email protected] or for more information, click here: AllanHouston.com.

portega1968

El Cacique
<TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 <tr><TBODY><TR><TD class=s_playerNewsTitle style="BACKGROUND: #fe4d01"><TABLE class=s_playerNewsTitle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left width=33>
NY.gif
</TD><TD align=left> Allan Houston-G-Knicks</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" align=right>Oct. 23 - 11:50 am et</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TD style="BACKGROUND: #fe4d01" width=14>
right_corner_player_news.gif
</TD><TD width=6>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>Knicks waived guard Allan Houston.
The move doesn't come as much of a surprise. Houston was nagged (as always) by injuries all through camp and was a long shot for a roster spot. He is expected to have talks with the Knicks about joining the front office. The Knicks also cut ties with Dan Grunfeld.
Source: New York Daily News </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Still one more cut left... who will it be?

That press release is one classy statement!!!

clumsy

Rotation player
About time....glad he came to his senses, if he was a soft player in his hey day....i don't know how he could have contributed positively to us this year. Put him in the position that removes Isiah completely from this franchise.

JayJ44

Starter
I'm kinda bummed about this. I know it was a long shot, but I wanted to see H20 in a game. Although it wouldn't be the same with him wearing 14.

Paul1355

All Star
Farewell to a Great Knick

I wanted to see him play too, but I saw another injury coming. Some guys just get hurt and keep getting hurt frequently. Houston shot lights out and was a leader on this team during the training camp. I really wanted him to inspire skill, awareness, and leadership to guys like Nate and Crawford. But it was not meant to be, and God bless to Allan Houston. Good luck. And I hope he becomes a coach of some sort soon enough.

Akamu

The King
It is not too often that I feel bad personally about the Knicks reoccurring disappointments but this hits me over the head once again, great anticipation gone instantaneously.
:scary:

I really wanted to see my favorite player get at it and achieve enough greatness to have his number retired and not be worn by clowns like Jefferies.

He went out in worst fashion and never was able to get that championship he deserved.

H20 > Reggie Miller

Hope he at least can still contribute and show his face around the Knicks orginization.

Water never looked this Smooth!
h20x001gifx1tw5.gif

Thank god!!!

He doesn't deserve to have his jersey retired.

You'd have to retire the Oakman's and Starks' way before his.

Neither of them deserve to have their jerseys retired either.

Paul1355

All Star
It is not too often that I feel bad personally about the Knicks reoccurring disappointments but this hits me over the head once again, great anticipation gone instantaneously.
:scary:

I really wanted to see my favorite player get at it and achieve enough greatness to have his number retired and not be worn by clowns like Jefferies.

He went out in worst fashion and never was able to get that championship he deserved.

H20 > Reggie Miller

Hope he at least can still contribute and show his face around the Knicks orginization.

Water never looked this Smooth!
h20x001gifx1tw5.gif

that picture is sick

Mike

Rookie
Knicks Name Allan Houston Assistant To The President

KNICKS NAME ALLAN HOUSTON ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT

walsh.jpg
nyknickslogo.jpg
allan-1.jpg

housto3.jpg

NEW YORK, November 7, 2008. The New York Knicks President of Basketball Operations Donnie Walsh announced today that Allan Houston has been named Assistant to the President.

"Allan has great knowledge and understanding of this league and our franchise, and I think he will be a tremendous asset to our front office in player development as he continues to learn and educate himself," Walsh said. "I have always respected Allan as a player and as a person, and I have been thoroughly impressed with the work he has put in with our organization."

Originally retiring on Oct. 17, 2005 as an NBA player three seasons ago, Houston is the fourth leading scorer in franchise history during the regular season (11,165) and eighth leading scorer during the playoffs (1,139). Only NBA legends Patrick Ewing, Walt Frazier and Willis Reed have scored more points during their careers with the orange and blue. On Oct. 4, 1999, he was named a team captain, and held that title for six seasons. He was selected to be a member of the 2000 and 2001 NBA All-Star teams and was a member of the Gold medal-winning United States team at the 2000 Summer Olympic Games.

"I am honored and grateful that Donnie Walsh and the New York Knicks have trusted me with an opportunity to lend myself to serving this team and organization," Houston said. "To learn from someone who has built such a remarkable legacy is very exciting for me. Coach D'Antoni is one of the brightest minds in the game of basketball. Being around the game all of my life, I realize what an awesome opportunity we have to positively impact our fans, especially our youth. I am extremely blessed to have witnessed a special era in New York Knicks history, and I know basketball fans everywhere, especially Knick fans, are ready for the return of this franchise. Hopefully, I will serve in being a part of that again."

On May 16, 1999, the Louisville, KY native authored one of the most memorable shots in club history with a game-winning runner at Miami in the closing seconds of Game Five in the first round of the 1999 NBA Playoffs. After defeating the Heat, the Knicks went on to defeat the Atlanta Hawks in the conference semifinals and Indiana Pacers in the conference finals to make their first NBA Finals appearance since 1994.

Recognized for his work through the "Father Knows Best" program offered under the Allan Houston Legacy Foundation, Houston was recently named as the national spokesman for the National Fatherhood Initiative. Additionally, through his web-portal: www.AllanHouston.com, Houston touches and impacts the global community through an array of endeavors 24/7.

The NBA's New York Knickerbockers basketball team, in its 63rd year of operation, is part of Madison Square Garden, L.P. Madison Square Garden, L.P. is owned by Cablevision Systems Corporation and includes the New York Knicks (NBA); the New York Rangers (NHL); the New York Liberty (WNBA); the Hartford Wolf Pack (American Hockey League); MSG Entertainment, which includes concerts and events at Radio City Music Hall, Madison Square Garden, The WaMu Theater at Madison Square Garden, the Beacon Theatre, the legendary Chicago Theatre, as well as an exclusive co-booking agreement with the venerable Wang Theatre in Boston, and which manages wholly-owned live entertainment properties including the Radio City Rockettes and the Radio City Christmas Spectacular; MSG Media, which is comprised of television networks MSG and MSG Plus, MSG Interactive, which oversees all company wireless and online initiatives, and Fuse, the only national music television network; and the Madison Square Garden arena complex, located in the heart of the New York metropolitan area.

About Allan Houston:

For more information, media or partnership inquiries and to get the latest news, blogs and more, click here: AllanHouston.com, or email: [email protected].

Scribbles

Rotation player
And so a new era begins.

Good for Allan.

I think we should retire his jersey for good now.

On the 10th anniversary of his running jumper that eliminated the Heat. Assuming we make the Playoffs, and there is a game on that particular day.

...okay maybe that's a stretch but he does deserve the retirement ceremony procedure.