Religulous

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Hilarious movie. I would suggest everyone see it, believers and non-believers. He pokes fun at all religions. And as a non-believer myself, I find all religions to be hysterical.

Paul1355

All Star
It does look funny. Sad that as crazy as some religions seem, and as funny as they seem, so many Wars have occurred because of it. Too many. I'll probably watch this video though when it comes out. I really dont like Bill Maher but this looks good. This will definetly be watched by Atheist everywhere lol.

I find all religions to be hysterical.

What about the religion that says all things came from a single cell organism that just happened to appear magically, and that modern men come from monkeys?

That is pretty hysterical too. That is probably THE most hysterical. Did this movie address that faith?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
What about the religion that says all things came from a single cell organism that just happened to appear magically, and that modern men come from monkeys?

That is pretty hysterical too. That is probably THE most hysterical. Did this movie address that faith?

No. Because science is based on facts and evidence. Now go along and keep believing in talking snakes and invisible people.

No. Because science is based on facts and evidence. Now go along and keep believing in talking snakes and invisible people.

So theory is science now? When has science ever proven that something comes from nothing? Where is the evidence for that?

I'll surely take the bible over monkey ancestors. Growing that tail yet? lol...

TunerAddict

Starter
So theory is science now? When has science ever proven that something comes from nothing? Where is the evidence for that?

I'll surely take the bible over monkey ancestors. Growing that tail yet? lol...

Bible is equally valid. Where did God come from? That isn't explained. So god came from nothing aswell. How could that be?

Truth is we will never know. EVER.

The movie isn't about disproving religons, its about asking questions. Questioning all the beliefs, asking what if. Its about finding faith for yourself, pushing yourself to find what is most logical to yourself.

Bill Mahr isn't an athiest either. He says "I just don't know." Atheism is believing that there is/are no god/gods. Thus, he isn't an athiest.

This started as a discussion of a movie and you turned it into a religous debate that wasn't even mentioned before hand...

Shit, if you wanna just start involving non relevant stuff, I can always bring out the large trend between child molestation and Jehovah's Witnesses.

Bible is equally valid. Where did God come from? That isn't explained. So god came from nothing aswell. How could that be?
Actually, God does not come from anything, he's just always been. Whatever that means.

Truth is we will never know. EVER.
Not true. Truth is the bible is God's word. No other way to explain how it can be valid from one stream of time to the next. Sorry, there is a such thing as reality. The Matrix is a movie. Make believe.

The movie isn't about disproving religons, its about asking questions. Questioning all the beliefs, asking what if. Its about finding faith for yourself, pushing yourself to find what is most logical to yourself.
If the movie was about pushing you to find what's most logical to yourself, then it would not have been made in the first place. Clearly people who believe in religious faiths have a logical reason for it. So basically, this movie is to poke fun at people who have found what is logical to them religiously, because religion is not logical to him. That is of course, if I am going by what you take the movie to be about.

Bill Mahr isn't an athiest either. He says "I just don't know." Atheism is believing that there is/are no god/gods. Thus, he isn't an athiest.
Who cares?

This started as a discussion of a movie and you turned it into a religous debate that wasn't even mentioned before hand...

Shit, if you wanna just start involving non relevant stuff, I can always bring out the large trend between child molestation and Jehovah's Witnesses.

Is the movie not about religions? You make it seem like I tried to turn it's something about Mary into a religious debate silly man. Wake up Neo. Stop following the white rabbit, and wake up.

And you can bring up whatever you wish about molestation and Jehovah's witnesses. Not near a Jehovah's witness in the world today, or at any time were perfect, except Jesus. So you bringing that up would be for what purpose? To expose the obvious? That people, even those who try and serve God make mistakes? Sometimes really bad ones? So because a person does something really bad means they can't change? Should they be forgiven if they do change? Or is that inhumane?

Or is this even real? Morpheus asked Neo once "What is real"? Let you tell it, we'll never know.

TunerAddict

Starter
Actually, God does not come from anything, he's just always been. Whatever that means.

How is that possible? It isn't. It is illogical for something to not have a beginning. And if such was the truth, then why is it imposibble for man to be the same way? Why does man need a creator if things can simply always exist.

How is that possible?
I can say this with great conviction, I simply do not know.

It isn't. It is illogical for something to not have a beginning.
It isn't by our standards because all of mankind and creation as we know have all had a start. Does not mean it's not true just because it is beyond our comprehension. I guess that is one of the perks of being God that separates God from his creations.

And if such was the truth, then why is it imposibble for man to be the same way? Why does man need a creator if things can simply always exist.
Well simply because if man were God, the first man would still be here. And I'm sure they would not choose to get sick and die of old age. There are a lot of things out of mankind's control. That is why it is impossible for them to always exist. And that is why God, is God, and creations are creations.

Paul1355

All Star
lol repetitive arguements.

This movie will get praise by Atheist and static from many different religions. It's a touchy subject and this guy is exploding it.

Definetly a pro-Atheist move. And a movie to make people shy away from having any type of religious belief.

More movies like this will come out to mock religion as today's society conitunues to mock it and see it as a joke. Nothing is better because it is your own. Your own destiny, your own choice. Problem is..... that we didn't create ourselves.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
hey guys, what do you think about this religion?:
http://www.venganza.org/

That's a good one. I've always liked that argument. It is essentially saying that since you cannot prove the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't exist, then therefore it must exist. As with all Gods: Krishna, Jehovah, Yahweh, Zeus, Apollo, Allah, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc etc....It's a nice way of making the point that none of those Gods exists and they were all created by man, like the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Paul1355

All Star
That's a good one. I've always liked that argument. It is essentially saying that since you cannot prove the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't exist, then therefore it must exist. As with all Gods: Krishna, Jehovah, Yahweh, Zeus, Apollo, Allah, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc etc....It's a nice way of making the point that none of those Gods exists and they were all created by man, like the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I think the story of Jesus and the Bible is a little more interesting than the flying spaghetti monster.

Paul1355

All Star
What about Krishna, Zeus or Apollo? Those are interesting stories. Do you follow those Gods?

Never heard of Krishna but the other two weren't real people. Big difference.

And don't say that Jesus never existed because Flavius Josephus, who was not a follower of Jesus, wrote about him in his writings and confirmed the crucifixion with Ponteus Pilate and the Jewish leaders.

He was real and he was crucified. Big difference.

TunerAddict

Starter
I think the story of Jesus and the Bible is a little more interesting than the flying spaghetti monster.

That is your opinion. I find the fact that FSM chose to place a midget into his plans when creating mountains was a very bold choice.

But to each his own....

Paul1355

All Star
That is your opinion. I find the fact that FSM chose to place a midget into his plans when creating mountains was a very bold choice.

But to each his own....

I'll take the Bible and the word of Jesus Christ, and you can worship the flying spaghetti monster.

Turner, honest question, do you believe there is any purpose in life other than living and dieing?

TunerAddict

Starter
I'll take the Bible and the word of Jesus Christ, and you can worship the flying spaghetti monster.

Turner, honest question, do you believe there is any purpose in life other than living and dieing?

Nope. But hey, there isn't much more in the Christian way of life. Its just live, die, and either suffer eternally or be chosen to be in eternal happyiness.

Honestly, the afterlife is the most bogus part to the Bible for me. I could totally understand a creator or whatever and the majority of the Bible much more if the idea of an Afterlife wasn't in there. It is just too convenient for me. It just covers the need of people to avoid the fear of death.

Can I see god as a being that enjoys toying with his creations for his own amusement? Yes.

Can I even remotely believe he is someone seeing if his own creatioins are flawed or not during their entire lives to see if they deserve eternal salvation or damnation? No way in hell....No pun intendeded..