Bulls Have Interest in Zach

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10343

This is the second report that I have read today that suggest that there is interest from The Bulls in Zach Randolph. Now rumor had it that the two teams spoke about this deal this summer and the deal breaker was them wanting us to take on Kirk Hinrich's 4yr 40+ mill contract. Now they do have some peices that would work in a trade scenerio. The report I read earlier suggest that Donnie doesnt like what he is being offered. So lets look at what Chicago could be offering.

Ben Gordon and Drew Gooden for Zach: This deal works straight up, allows us to get a starting PF and a scorer built for this offense (and yet another combo guard!), not to mention two years of cap releif. However not likely that Donnie would turn down this deal, nor is it likely that the Bulls offer this package without demanding a unprotected pick and/or a player like Nate Robinson or Wilson in return.

Larry Hughes for Zach straight up: A little more realistic trade than the above trade. Larry allows the Bulls to move a player that plays where there is a logjam while acquiring a major need. This deal does give us one year cap relief but adds yet another SG. Walsh would be wise to demand a pick in return in this scenerio, which if there is talks of this trade going on could be the deal blocker for the Bulls.

Kirk Hinrich, Cedric Simmons,Sefolosha for Zach: Likely the type of package that Paxon is offering us. John has gotten used to getting over on us in deals so it wouldnt suprise me if he is still trying to do so. GM's know that Donnie wants to shave some cap and are going to time and time again make him prove that he is not joking when he says he isnt giving players away for nothing.

This is probably yet another trade talk that Donnie is just going shoot down to show his dedication to getting something back for a player who can give you a double double in his sleep.

Back to the first scenerio; would you include Nate Robinson in that trade for the cap space it would give us? That would rid of about 33 million of Zach's contact and would put us at 38 million in cap (that's with signing Lee for 10 million per) in that critical cap year.

Paul1355

All Star
To answer your question....I am not sure if Walsh should make this move so soon. Randolph wis doing very well for us so far and is our main scorer and rebounder and he is FINALLY passsing the ball more. Mike D is changing his game a little bit and that only means one thing.....increase in trade value.

Now Robinson is in his last year as a Knick. The thing is that these guys are excelling so early in the year, that Donnie should wait until the trade deadline to trade these guys. Without injuries, both Nate and Zach will have a trade value double of last year due to their un-selfish play with Mike D's offense. Also their production is off the charts as of right now, and it should continue and increase.

To be more specific in answering your question New York New York.....Donnie should make this move of trading Zach and Nate....but after they have proven to other fans and management that they have changed and are now un-selfish players, which i feel they are currently showing.

Zach's value was down because of his high contract, selfish play, and off the court problems. As of right now he is un selfish and has no off the court problems. If the Bulls are willing to take his contract then they should be all for Zach come trade deadline. Nate is doing fantastic and will only get better and has become a very good shooter. Throwing him in the scenerio will only make the Bulls more interested. In return we should get a shot blocking big man and either a pick with it...or Ben Gordon and a pick.

mmarku#20

Rookie
Zach to Chicago?

It would be great to get zach randolph out of new york but the bulls don't have anyone we could use to make our team better. I guess we could take ben gordon but what do we do with q rich, wilson chandler, danilo, and rose. We need to get zach out of hear but not for someone just as bad. although hughes would be nice!!!

Paul1355

All Star
It would be great to get zach randolph out of new york but the bulls don't have anyone we could use to make our team better. I guess we could take ben gordon but what do we do with q rich, wilson chandler, danilo, and rose. We need to get zach out of hear but not for someone just as bad. although hughes would be nice!!!

Q Rich, Chandler, Danillo, and Rose are all forwards. Gordon is a shooting guard. So far, only Crawford and Marbury are the candidates for that spot at SG. Gordon is a great scorer and would be better with Mike D's style of play, but we really don't need more guards. We need a big man more than we need Gordon. Get Noah or some other big guy that can block shots in return, maybe a pick as well.

ive always been a fan of Gooden and Gordon

both of them coming to NY for Zbo would make me happy

Nate Rob going anywhere in the next 3 years makes me unhappy

woorrd

JayJ44

Starter
I think we can get more for him as the season goes on. The best player they can offer is Ben Gordon, who's basically Crawford without handles. Unless they're willing to give up Derrick Rose (I wish) then the deal should be dead.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Nate and Zach have been two of our most promising players in the Pre Season, and you have to think if you Nate him for Ben Gordon you would get the same sought of stats. Now don't get me wrong, of the two I would prefer Nate because Nate's heart and hustle, but statistically it would be just about a lateral move.

Nate
Zach

for

Drew Gooden
Ben Gordon

I think Donnie would really have to sell this one to Dantoni, but this is one of those rare trades where it could be equally benaficial to both teams involved. Not to mention it does solve the issue of signing Nate to an extension! And, I like Nate, but we all know that this deal would take us well below cap in two seasons.

we also have to take into consideration that we "stole d'antoni from underneath their nose", so i dont know how willing theyd be to deal with us

Donnie is known as a god amongst men in the NBA head offices, sooo maybe he can get something done, i just wouldnt hold my breathe

if anything,they owe us one from the Crawford/Curry mess

Dirk

Benchwarmer
pleese bull take back cury we wil give you first round picks just take his obeese ass big fat useless is like having player with no arm what good he do with basketball use head of him put in hoop

portega1968

El Cacique
Newsday reports that Cleveland and Detroit are monitoring Zach.

although the phone is not ringing off the hook, Walsh says that people call and that there are conversations going on.

I think there may be a chance for something happening before the season starts... but with how patient Walsh is and other looking to rape our cap, it probably wont happen.

KBlack25

Starter
I don't know, and I think I'm the lone person on this board that actually likes Zach Randolph. He's looked good in the preseason, he rebounds and he scores. There is NO WAY I'm talking about a Zach-Nate package without something tempting from the Bulls or anyone for that matter. Zach and Nate will look good in this system, and I think they really will thrive. I understand his contract is abysmal, but if he can play well in the system and do good things for the team I don't really have a problem with paying him...

portega1968

El Cacique
I don't know, and I think I'm the lone person on this board that actually likes Zach Randolph. He's looked good in the preseason, he rebounds and he scores. There is NO WAY I'm talking about a Zach-Nate package without something tempting from the Bulls or anyone for that matter. Zach and Nate will look good in this system, and I think they really will thrive. I understand his contract is abysmal, but if he can play well in the system and do good things for the team I don't really have a problem with paying him...

The problem is not liking Zach' cause from what Ive read his teammates get along with him and he's no doubt one of the few guaranteed doubledouble players.

Although he's also known as the black hole of basketball, problem with him is not him but our cap... if we ever want to be ready for the 2010 free agent class we MUST trade Zach and there is no way around that fact.

That trade would really help our cap, but they may want Lee instead of Nate.

Maybe they would throw in Tyrus Thomas. Gooden, Gordon or Thomas would all be good players in this offense.

What would we get from Cleveland or Detroit?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i would love to get rid of Zach that would be huge but we most likely wont get much in return ill just be happy to get an expirer and a draft pick or so

richtree

Rotation player
really don't wanna do any of this....we worked to hard this preseaon with Zach do give him away for more headaches from the bulls....I like gooden, but don't want most of the guys on that team, especially not more guards...

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
Donnie knows

Let Walsh make the trades. Gordan isn't that good. I'd rather have Nate. If you saw Gordan play every day you'd realize he's similar to Crawford, a lot of volume shooting, not much help for his teammates. Nate is a better shooter and brings more defensively in the uptempo format. Zbo's contract should go but he can still play a little. Why give him away. As most here have said his value will only go up by February. Gooden brings nothing.

portega1968

El Cacique
I think Gordon is different from Crawford when it comes to going around screens for a catch-and-shoot, which is what this offense thrives on.

Gooden also has the ability to catch and shoot the ball as well as rebound... the expiring deals is where any value for Zach is really at when you talk about the players that are out there available to trade for.